• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

a scalper walks into a GameStop and sees shelves upon shelves of Shulk figures.
"NOW IT'S BUY IN BULK TIME!"
More like "a scalper takes my preorder because GameStop got stock early and didn't contact me."

"I CAN'T SEE IT CLEARLY!"

Edigital23

Smash Rookie
NNID
Edigital23
3DS FC
4253-3504-1896

Picked up my TRU Pre Order. Scored on Tuesday @ Nintendo World, so I have trade bait now for a Meta Knight or Captain Falcon. Good week.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Well my friend & I have one shot at getting all of wave 3. The only ones he & I aren't sure about are the TRU, Best Buy, & Target exclusives. He's going to Target at 8, while I go to TRU at 10. We both go to Best Buy at 11. And we go to GameStop wheneved our pre-orders get delivered to our local one. Praying that TRU gets another shipment on the 1st. If it doesn't that will be very frustrating. This is why you wait until it's official release. More like Scalpers R Us.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Honestly, I just hope these two things happen.
1) They restock ALL amiibo, including Villager, Wii Fit, etc (which I think they will since they are restocking Marth).
2) They do release those 'Card' amiibo so that those that just want the functionality can still get them, such as using the FE characters in Codename Steam (especially since bringing amiibo with you while out and about would be..difficult)

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Just wonderingg: has anyone ever gotten their Diddy Kong to do Dthrow combos? My own amiibos hardly do combos at all.

Purio

Smash Cadet
I picked up my Bowser preorder today. I'm pretty impressed by it, he's noticeably heavier than the others. My GameStop is still stating that Shulk, Ike, Dedede, Sheik, and Toon Link are releasing on the 13th. Sonic and Megaman on the 20th. Although other local stores, like Target, Best Buy, and Toys R Us are still saying the 2nd for release. Hmm...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Picked up Ike, Lucario, Bowser, Toon Link, Sheik, and King Dedede today.

Today was a good day.

(Canada)

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Has anyone noticed that the Super Mario series amiibo disappeared off of Amazon?
Not like just sold out, but disappeared as an option all together?

Oh, and if I didn't say it yesterday, :rosalina:Rosalina joined :4peach:Peach, :4link:Link, :4zelda:Zelda, and :4samus:Samus in my amiibo collection.
Though I know I have a :4luigi:Luigi up in Michigan that my brother hasn't gotten around to sending me yet and then a :4megaman:MegaMan amiibo is pre-ordered on Amazon along with my copy of Majora's Mask 3D, so they'll join whenever they arrive as well.

Also, I really hope that Nintendo releases variants of the amiibo as well so that people who main :4robinf:, :4larry:, :4roy:, :4wendy:, :4iggy:, :4morton:, :4lemmy:, :4ludwig:, :4alph:, :4villagerf:, :4wiifitm:, and :4wario2: can have the version they actually play as well.
And perhaps the shorts versions of :4zss: and :4shulk: as well, though the ones above are probably more important to people.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Has anyone noticed that the Super Mario series amiibo disappeared off of Amazon?
Not like just sold out, but disappeared as an option all together?

Oh, and if I didn't say it yesterday, :rosalina:Rosalina joined :4peach:Peach, :4link:Link, :4zelda:Zelda, and :4samus:Samus in my amiibo collection.
Though I know I have a :4luigi:Luigi up in Michigan that my brother hasn't gotten around to sending me yet and then a :4megaman:MegaMan amiibo is pre-ordered on Amazon along with my copy of Majora's Mask 3D, so they'll join whenever they arrive as well.

Also, I really hope that Nintendo releases variants of the amiibo as well so that people who main :4robinf:, :4larry:, :4roy:, :4wendy:, :4iggy:, :4morton:, :4lemmy:, :4ludwig:, :4alph:, :4villagerf:, :4wiifitm:, and :4wario2: can have the version they actually play as well.
And perhaps the shorts versions of :4zss: and :4shulk: as well, though the ones above are probably more important to people.
My heart says yes.

But my wallet says "no please stop, anything but that, please use lube for the love of god, no nintendo please stop"

But the heart wants what it wants.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
image.jpg

It's almost here!!!! Also the final Amiibo Cup (Season 8) before the new Amiibos arrive is going on tomorrow. Who will be on top for the last time before the newcomers come and shake up the competition.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I went to my Gamestop the other day to finish paying off my pre-orders for Ike and Sheik, and I noticed a lot of Bowsers out on the shelves, but I decided to get Zelda instead. I'm just hoping that Bowser won't be rare now, since I plan to get him next unless I encounter a Link, Toon Link, Rosalina, or Shulk sometime between them.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
:D Ahahahh yessss my Pit Amiibo came in the mail three days sooner than expected. Glad I won't have to wait till Monday.

It's glorious!!
Pay no mind to the bananas in the back. The kitchen has the best lighting.

Question: To those of you who open your Amiibos, do you guys throw away the boxes? I don't have the heart to trash them. They're just piled up in my closet but they're really cramping up now.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Question: To those of you who open your Amiibos, do you guys throw away the boxes? I don't have the heart to trash them. They're just piled up in my closet but they're really cramping up now.
I was saving them originally, but then I realized I'd probably never really look at the boxes again long term, so I threw them away. The figures on display is enough for me at least.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I was saving them originally, but then I realized I'd probably never really look at the boxes again long term, so I threw them away. The figures on display is enough for me at least.
I figure I should at least save them for storage if I need to move them somewhere and haven't yet forked over the $10-20 for an Amiibo carrying case. Like I said, I don't have the heart to trash them just yet.

Edigital23

Smash Rookie
NNID
Edigital23
3DS FC
4253-3504-1896
:D Ahahahh yessss my Pit Amiibo came in the mail three days sooner than expected. Glad I won't have to wait till Monday.

It's glorious!!

YES! I used a razor to cut the sides and bottom of the plastic part of the box. My closet is over flowing too, but no way I am throwing out the boxes. Nice Pit by the way.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
image.jpg

I don't really care about the boxes because "BOY IS IT GREAT TO LINE THEM UP LIKE THIS!!!!"
Doing mini seasons to find out who is the best is so much fun too.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
It's been a long time since I did my old analysis. So I'll talk about the new amiibos and their progress.

Here are the new ones (ones I haven't talked about in my analysis yet).
:4samus: Lamp. She is probably one of my worst yet tedious amiibo (meaning she gets in cheap shots at times).
:4diddy:Nintendu. He makes it in my top 5 best already and made me realize that I love playing as Diddy Kong.
:4mario:Fire Mario. Why does he get this title rather than an original unique name?

Is why thanks to a friend. Surprisingly enough, this amiibo can take out Bidizzle. It takes a mario amiibo to take out a mario amiibo I guess. The thing is though, I did say Bidizzle had no special stats, but he does has stats but not like the ones to give you an extra ability (He does infact has weakened jump on him actually). Fire Mario on the other hand, has no extra stats at all. Honestly these 2 fight are 50/50 chance on who wins just like Bidizzle vs Lugy (The luigi amiibo with explosive and healing sheild with lifesteal). I never thought Lugy, Bidizzle, and Fire Mario are pretty much tied on being the absolute best. However I will say that Fire Mario may be legal if actual amiibo tournaments exist (assuming that stat boost are not allowed).

Speaking of the best, Lugy may have won 1v2s before, but now Bidizzle is doing that too. Keep in mind that these are 3 stock matches against a team of 2 level 9 cpus. I haven't tried it with Fire Mario yet.

This concludes with my analysis for now. With all 9 amiibos reaching level 50, I will put out a list of the amiibo and who is the best. Top being the best and bottom for being the worst.
:4mario: Fire Mario (Tied)
:4mario: Bidizzle (Tied)
:4luigi: Lugy
:4diddy: Nintendu
:4pikachu: Sparky
:4yoshi: Bozer
:4kirby: Curbie
:4samus: Lamp
:4dk: Danky Kang

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

My current Amiibo shelf. I got them all scrunched up to show how much room I still have for potential Amiibo acquisitions.
Holy crap, Kirby sticks out like a sore thumb.
Whazzat? Yes. That is an Anna Amiibo placeholder. I won't lose hope!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Warning Received

No, it's Monday.
February 1st (2/1, at least if you're using the American system) is on a Monday, as illustrated by this calendar. January 2nd (AKA going by the European system) was on a Thursday.
...I'm not really sure what the point of this was.
People here kept posting it as if it were Monday.
Clearly, guys, it is in two days, and the calendar also says SUNDAY. Is this some elaborately poor European joke? Count forward two days. Simple.

So the day wave 4 (supposedly) comes out is the same day my area is getting almost a foot of snow.

S***
...do you mean wave 3?
Or was there some information about wave 4 that went out?

Last edited by a moderator:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998

My current Amiibo shelf. I got them all scrunched up to show how much room I still have for potential Amiibo acquisitions.
Holy crap, Kirby sticks out like a sore thumb.
Whazzat? Yes. That is an Anna Amiibo placeholder. I won't lose hope!
good, you have peach, zelda AND samus. perfect.
and also, anna as a bonus !

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Welp, went to gamestop, only Wave 3 amiibo in stock in Baja CA, U.S.A. was Bowser near my area. However, he's the only one besides Shulk and Lucario i wanted, so WIN! I got Bowser a week early before he's supposed to be released here. Never though i'd say this, but, THANK YOU GAMESTOOOOOOOOOOOOP.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
While I'm in Tampa for the Pirate Parade, I may see if any amiibo are in-stock that I'd want from GameStop.

Honestly though, the only ones I care a great deal about are, in order..
:4lucina::4zss::4palutena::4wiifit::4ganondorf::4falcon::4darkpit::4pit::4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4sonic::4wario::4drmario:

This isn't counting the following though, since I already have them or will have them for sure soon..
:rosalina::4zelda::4peach::4megaman::4link::4samus::4luigi:

Though I will get these ones if they end up getting made..
:4robinf::mewtwopm:

So I'll probably end up with 21/48 of the Super Smash Bros. series amiibo..though I'll likely get the amiibo released for any of those characters and others that I'll end up wanting from other series, such as the Super Mario series Peach (and eventually Rosalina, since her's was soft confirmed by her 'amiibo' gamepiece in the Mario Party 10 trailer..which I assume means each player character in MP10 will get an amiibo of them).

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529

It's glorious!!

Yeah ive been keeping my boxes too. They are just to nice to throw away.

Though I dont have very many amiibo because I keep pre-ordering and having them get canceled :x

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...I'm not really sure what the point of this was.
People here kept posting it as if it were Monday.
Clearly, guys, it is in two days, and the calendar also says SUNDAY. Is this some elaborately poor European joke? Count forward two days. Simple.

...do you mean wave 3?
Or was there some information about wave 4 that went out?
It was just an honest misunderstanding, and I was just trying to help. I was tired, and forgot about how your calendar format is different for a moment. You don't have to jump aggressively on every post I make and try to twist it into something completely out of proportion.

I had no intention of arguing about it because I realised my mistake even before Munomario corrected me. You didn't have to go and bring it back up and make a ridiculous assumption about the point of the post.

D

Deleted member

I throw out the boxes, although that mainly has to do with the only amiibos I have being extremely common ones like Mario. If/when I get Shulk, I have no idea what I'm gonna do with the box. I'll want to take the figure out so he can fit on my shelf, as keeping him sealed will take up the entire thing, but at the same time, it is Shulk. Maybe I'll cut a hole in the bottom of the box so I can take him out without damaging the front or back.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yesterday I went to Toys R Us when it opened to try to get a Lucario amiibo... and they only had five in stock... and five guys in front of me got them. :sadeyes:

I am confused at when Wave 3 comes out... yesterday I also went to Best Buy and found Bowser amiibos... I tried to buy one but the cashier said they made a mistake and they weren't supposed to sell Bowser amiibos yet. So I went home without Bowser. :sadeyes:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It was just an honest misunderstanding, and I was just trying to help. I was tired, and forgot about how your calendar format is different for a moment. You don't have to jump aggressively on every post I make and try to twist it into something completely out of proportion.

I had no intention of arguing about it because I realised my mistake even before Munomario corrected me. You didn't have to go and bring it back up and make a ridiculous assumption about the point of the post.
I'm not jumping on anything, you take my posts far too personally.
I clarified for everyone that 2/1, the day Rosalina is released, is Sunday, because many were posting about 'going on its release on Monday.'

Then I see a few more posts about how the date is actually Monday, there to further confuse people. The goal is to inform Rosalina goers on when she is released, because missing the first day is a pretty horrible mistake if you have hopes to get her.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Yesterday I went to Toys R Us when it opened to try to get a Lucario amiibo... and they only had five in stock... and five guys in front of me got them. :sadeyes:

I am confused at when Wave 3 comes out... yesterday I also went to Best Buy and found Bowser amiibos... I tried to buy one but the cashier said they made a mistake and they weren't supposed to sell Bowser amiibos yet. So I went home without Bowser. :sadeyes:
It's only Toys R Us that has done that. Every other store is following what the actual release says. I called them yesterday and they had no idea what they were doing.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It's only Toys R Us that has done that. Every other store is following what the actual release says. I called them yesterday and they had no idea what they were doing.
Also important to keep in mind, that of the six venues to get amiibo in the US, five (toys r us, amazon, walmart, target, best buy) have had massive cancellations of preorders.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Also important to keep in mind, that of the six venues to get amiibo in the US, five (toys r us, amazon, walmart, target, best buy) have had massive cancellations of preorders.
This whole situation has been handled very poorly & has gone all the scalpers way. I'm hoping me and my friend can beat out the scalpers tomorrow because two is better than one.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059

You... need a hug ):

I'm getting impatient for my Wave 3 amiibos to arrive, supposed to be 12 days from now .-.

I might check out the GameStop in my area soon and see what they have, I'll get Shulk if he so happens to be there and maybe finally get a Zelda.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ok, so what are the actual release dates?

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Ok, so what are the actual release dates?
Most of wave 3 is being released on the 1st. The only ones I'm not sure about are Dedede, Sonic, Ike, & Mega Man. I've heard they may have been backed up until the 13th. But the exclusives are very likely to be released tomorrow. So get there early.

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
YES! I used a razor to cut the sides and bottom of the plastic part of the box. My closet is over flowing too, but no way I am throwing out the boxes. Nice Pit by the way.

I've been trowing out the plastic bubbles which take up too much space. I've just been saving the backing cards, but seem to have lost those for the first figures I got::4link::4zelda::4samus:

Top Bottom