• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
3 states.
5 friends.
9 stores.
...1 character.

It's on.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm totally naïve right now thinking I can totally just wait at my Target at 7 Am and hope to get a Rosalina at 8 when they open. But I'm going anyways. Goodnight guys. Wish me luck.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, hoping to get Mega Man, Ike and Shulk amiibos soon. I managed to preorder my Rosalina amiibo over at Play-Asia.com a few days back. I still plan to get another one of her at Target eventually.

Anyone know if any stores are taking preorders for the wave 4 line? I gotta have that Lucina amiibo.

Last edited:

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
Rosalina get! My dad got to target in time, and got her for me. He said they only had Rosalina and Bowser and literally nobody was buying Bowser.

now i just wait for her and Meta Knight to come in the mail... it's going to be a long week.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
didn't make it in time, rosalina is all gone in my entire area. good luck everyone.. :rosalina:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I got Rosalina, Bowser, and Toon Link today!!!! But not Sheik, they ran out.

Is Shulk out at GameStop yet? Is Meta Knight out at Best Buy yet?

D

Deleted member

I got Rosalina, Bowser, and Toon Link today!!!! But not Sheik, they ran out.

Is Shulk out at GameStop yet? Is Meta Knight out at Best Buy yet?
Shulk isn't out, but I have no idea about Meta Knight.

D

Deleted member

I checked the Best Buy website... it says "pick it up in 3-5 days". What does that mean?
I'd assume that refers to the preorders, in that you have 3-5 days to pick up the item. I could be wrong though. It doesn't look like he's available yet regardless; it lists his release date as 12/31/15, which is obviously a placeholder.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not gonna lie, actually kinda wish I could be part of the bum rush to get Rosalina from Target.

Mine should be arriving at my door tomorrow morning. She's not being sold in Ireland, so I can't even rush out and get her like I did with Zelda, Ike, and Sheik.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
The only chance I have at getting Rosalina is if I see her hidden on a shelf. Seriously. I refuse to pay above £20 for her.

Good luck to those in the US, though. Cherish those Rosalinas. Love her, take care of her, wish her goodnight when you go to bed...just...just...

*sob* It's too hard:(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
News must be very slow to come out, because I got absolutely no word that the third wave of amiibo figurines would be released today.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
News must be very slow to come out, because I got absolutely no word that the third wave of amiibo figurines would be released today.
Bowser, Toon Link, and Sheik have been available at TRU for like, over a week now I think? And are everywhere else by now.

Lucario was out yesterday, but some people also got him last week.

Ike randomly started popping up earlier in the week.

Rosalina is out today.

King Dedede, Meta Knight, Mega Man, Shulk, and Sonic are not out yet.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Gosh people getting two, three or even four Rosalina's and I'm here struggling to get even one Amiibo of her....
Just one... that's all I want...... ; _ ;

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Gosh people getting two, three or even four Rosalina's and I'm here struggling to get even one Amiibo of her.... Just one... that's all I want..... ; _ ;
A read a report of one Target getting 40 Rosalinas, and they still sold out in like, 15 minutes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is selling pretty fast partly because all of the hype and drama that surrounded this particular figure. As if she wasn't gonna sell enough based on her popularity as it is.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
I'm screwed. Completely, utterly screwed. I checked brick seek and my Target and every target in a 50 mile radius is supposedly out of Bowser. I don't want to know about the others. My parents won't take me there till this afternoon but I thought I had a minuscule chance. What's my next best bet? Toys R Us or GameStop?

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
Just got home after picking up Rosalina at Target. The new Amiibo figures were all on racks/carts behind the electronics counter. They also had a few each of Sheik and Toon Link plus a bunch of Bowser, all of which I already got at TRU. Sheik seems more rare than Toon Link based on the stock my TRU received, but this morning Target sold out of Toon Link before Sheik.

About nine other people were there to get Rosalina at the store I went to, all waiting patiently for the store to open. Some guy arrived right before opening time and that jerk ended up being first in line when we got to the electronics counter. He must have ran around on a different route to the back of the store while the rest of us walked back in an orderly manner.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Went hunting and was able to get :4lucario: on Friday and recently picked up :rosalina:. Now I have to wait for my preorders at GameStop and then I'll only be missing :4villager: and :4metaknight:!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So after I got my Rosalina amiibo I saw a man (looked like he was in his 30's) push a little kid to get on line. The mom their just started tugging at this guys hair. It wasn't good. But it got worse the mom pepersprayed the guy (which was what he deserved). Then more people just started fighting for no reason. I just ran out of the store with my Rosalina not wanting some jerk to just randomly throw a punch at me. I swear to god I heard someone yell FALCON PUNCH. I mean this is just a disgrace. Then everyone gets the assumption that all amiibros are like this. This just isn't right. But in the end the mom got a Rosalina (somehow).
I told you guys this would get violent.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I GOT ONEEEEE HOLY MOLEY THAT WAS NOT FUN AT ALL. I LITERALLY GOT THE LAST ONE AT A TARGET 10 MILES FROM MY HOUSE

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I don't regret importing my Rosalina after hearing ya'lls troubles ;-;

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Okay I'm at my Target. Only 3 people waiting at the door ahead of me. So far so good.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Event 1 of Season 1 of the Amiibo Dream Cup was completed last night.

Entrants:
:4mario: Firelord M, undefeated in any Dream Cup event.
:4luigi: Dreamy L
:4yoshi: Lord Yosh (changed his name), who's struggle in Dream Cup events, has never advanced past the first round.
:4link: Ravio, like Yoshi, has never advanced past the first round.
:4kirby: Kurvy
:4falcon: Cpt Norris
:rosalina: Galaxy, the rookie, and the first female to ever participate in a Dream Cup event.

The bracket system is split into 3 rounds. There is 1 seed that automatically advances into Round 2, given to Firelord M since he has won both Dream Cup events to ever take place. Each match is based on a best 2 out of 3 games. Each game has 2 stock, no time limit, and random set of normal stages with some (Pyrosphere, Norfair, Wily Castle, etc,) banned.

Round 1:
:rosalina: vs :4luigi: Winner: :rosalina:
:4falcon: vs :4link: Winner: :4falcon:
:4yoshi: vs :4kirby: Winner: :4kirby:

Galaxy, in her first ever match, beats Dreamy L. Ravio and Yosh continue to struggle, they will be given remediation training soon.

Quarterfinals:
:4mario:
vs :rosalina: Winner: :rosalina:
:4falcon: vs :4kirby: Winner: :4falcon:

Galaxy shocks the amiibos and beats the UNDEFEATED Firelord M. Her lack of experience isn't showing.
Cpt Norris and Kurvy meet again and The Captain advances.

3rd Place Match:
:4mario: vs :4kirby: Winner: :4kirby:

Firelord M finishes off the podium, just wasn't his day.

Finals:
:rosalina: vs :4falcon: Winner: :rosalina:

Against all odds, Galaxy becomes the first female to ever win a Dream Cup event! Galaxy has a bright future ahead for her.

Event 1 Results:
1. :rosalina: Galaxy
2. :4falcon: Cpt Norris
3. :4kirby: Kurvy

Season 1 Winners:

Event 1: :rosalina: Galaxy

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Event 1 of Season 1 of the Amiibo Dream Cup was completed last night.

Entrants:
:4mario: Firelord M, undefeated in any Dream Cup event.
:4luigi: Dreamy L
:4yoshi: Lord Yosh (changed his name), who's struggle in Dream Cup events, has never advanced past the first round.
:4link: Ravio, like Yoshi, has never advanced past the first round.
:4kirby: Kurvy
:4falcon: Cpt Norris
:rosalina: Galaxy, the rookie, and the first female to ever participate in a Dream Cup event.

The bracket system is split into 3 rounds. There is 1 seed that automatically advances into Round 2, given to Firelord M since he has won both Dream Cup events to ever take place. Each match is based on a best 2 out of 3 games. Each game has 2 stock, no time limit, and random set of normal stages with some (Pyrosphere, Norfair, Wily Castle, etc,) banned.

Round 1:
:rosalina: vs :4luigi: Winner: :rosalina:
:4falcon: vs :4link: Winner: :4falcon:
:4yoshi: vs :4kirby: Winner: :4kirby:

Galaxy, in her first ever match, beats Dreamy L. Ravio and Yosh continue to struggle, they will be given remediation training soon.

Quarterfinals:
:4mario:
vs :rosalina: Winner: :rosalina:
:4falcon: vs :4kirby: Winner: :4falcon:

Galaxy shocks the amiibos and beats the UNDEFEATED Firelord M. Her lack of experience isn't showing.
Cpt Norris and Kurvy meet again and The Captain advances.

3rd Place Match:
:4mario: vs :4kirby: Winner: :4kirby:

Firelord M finishes off the podium, just wasn't his day.

Finals:
:rosalina: vs :4falcon: Winner: :rosalina:

Against all odds, Galaxy becomes the first female to ever win a Dream Cup event! Galaxy has a bright future ahead for her.

Event 1 Results:
1. :rosalina: Galaxy
2. :4falcon: Cpt Norris
3. :4kirby: Kurvy

Season 1 Winners:

Event 1: :rosalina: Galaxy
My friend had a similar experience with his fresh Rosalina Amiibo. Said she was effortlessly beating his Level 50 Amiibos as early as Level 35, no matter what kind of match it was. Not even his hyper aggressive Fox could win. By Level 50, she couldn't be beat by human players.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
I got a Rosalina! My Target got 16 of them (an employee came out about 15 til 8am and told us), I was #11 in line. Whew!

The people I stood in line with were super chill. We all agreed that we knew who was there early and we all agreed to walk calmly back to the electronics section to get here. It was like, anti everything I've been reading about fights.

Probably also helped that my Target was limiting 1 per person. I don't think there were scalpers among us, because even before they let us know about the limit, everyone said they were only buying one for the collection.

I wish the other store exclusives were this smooth. My Toys R Us didn't get any Lucario except for what was pre-ordered, and I don't have a clue what's going to happen at Best Buy with Meta Knight. These are the only two I now do not have accounted for.

Top Bottom