• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not jumping on anything, you take my posts far too personally.
Seriously?

Clearly, guys, it is in two days, and the calendar also says SUNDAY. Is this some elaborately poor European joke? Count forward two days. Simple.
Even ignoring the hint of racial egoism in your words here, you weren't just simply informing people (because that had already been done by someone else anyway), you were twisting what I said into something it wasn't.

I made a mistake while I was feeling tired. I apologise if that classifies as one of the elaborately poor European jokes you so despise.

Last edited:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
This whole amiibo thing is getting ridiculous. There is no rhyme or reason as to the erratics of the wave 3 launch.
Everything would be solved if Nintendo would just make enough of all the figs to meet demand. The only ones that win in the end are the scalpers. Luckily none of my preorders have been cancelled, that im aware of yet. so there is still that.
But recent news is that the MP Mario figure is only available in the bundle. Which is already gone for preorders.
If these keeps up I give up buying more and will just enjoy the ones I have

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know when Shulk is available for pre-order in the UK? Preferably on GAME and Amazon?

Side note:

My collection is this: :4mario::4dk::4link::4yoshi::4pikachu::4kirby::4fox::4samus::4falcon::4marth::4marth::4zelda::4peach::4pit::4villager:.

:4luigi::4myfriends::4sheik::4wiifit: are on their way.

Spoice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
snoopertrooper
So I'm going to Germany in about 4 days time, and if the pictures are anything to go buy, I'll be knee deep in vilagers, little macs, captain falcons and Wii Fit Trainers. Hopefully I'll have enough to buy them all, on a side note though, anyone know the rarity of Zelda? I looked online on regular game sites expecting her to be in stock but surprisingly she's sold out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Thats another point that is irritating. Europe and Japan dont seem to be having shortages or stock problems. its only NA. Why does Nintendo always screw us.
Not necessarily. Sakurai himself couldn't find a good few Amiibos. And in Europe, only Germany, the Scandi countries, and maybe France seem well stocked.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
So, I checked my local Gamestops, Toys R' Us, and Best Buy. They sold amiibos, but they didn't even have any Wave 3's. The only store that had Wave 3's was my Gamestop, and they only had Bowser.

I'm also confused about the release date. On GameStop websites, they said that some of the Wave 3 amiibo's are being released on the 13th while some are being released on the 20th. However, I see that people on this thread are saying that they are going to be released tomorrow(February 1st)? I asked these stores about whether they are going to release them tomorrow, and most of them were completely clueless about it, soo....

Good news (I guess) is that I checked the Shulk amiibo I ordered. I'm most likely going to get it, but it's not coming until the 28th of February, so I'm not getting him until very late. This is IF my order doesn't get canceled. The only reason why I'm browsing stores in the first place is because of the fear that my order may get canceled and because my birthday's tomorrow. D:

So anyway, what's the release date? Is it really the 1st, or does it all depend on where you live? My stores seem to not really know much about this amiibo thing at all. :U Perhaps I need to check more populated areas...

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Not necessarily. Sakurai himself couldn't find a good few Amiibos. And in Europe, only Germany, the Scandi countries, and maybe France seem well stocked.
It's so frustrating that the scalpers are winning in all of this. I sure hope Nintendo recognizes how serious this has gotten & opens up a place where they can manufacture all their Amiibos and sell them on their site. This is getting ridiculous. Hopefully Nintendo browses over this thread and takes a note of what has been going on while they're associating with Apex 2015.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's so frustrating that the scalpers are winning in all of this. I sure hope Nintendo recognizes how serious this has gotten & opens up a place where they can manufacture all their Amiibos and sell them on their site. This is getting ridiculous. Hopefully Nintendo browses over this thread and takes a note of what has been going on while they're associating with Apex 2015.
HEY NINTENDO

ACTUALLY SELL LITTLE MAC AND ROSALINA IN IRELAND

I WILL BUY THEM (I'd love to get a second Rosalina to make a custom out of it)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Question: To those of you who open your Amiibos, do you guys throw away the boxes? I don't have the heart to trash them. They're just piled up in my closet but they're really cramping up now.
I release the Amiibo and throw away the boxes. It would be ridiculous to save so many boxes, since I'm trying to get 1 of each Amiibo. The boxes are very nice, though, of course... but I've bought several Amiibo from overseas, now, so they wouldn't match, anyway.

Whazzat? Yes. That is an Anna Amiibo placeholder. I won't lose hope!
Where's the Anna doohickey from? Is that something you made? Did you buy it somewhere? I really like it :happysheep:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Where's the Anna doohickey from? Is that something you made? Did you buy it somewhere? I really like it :happysheep:
I asked someone to make it for me.
... for money.
I bought it to hang on my car mirror but apparently it's too big to drive around with. So to the shelf it is. :D

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
... for money.
I bought it to hang on my car mirror but apparently it's too big to drive around with. So to the shelf it is. :D
Is it made out of beads? Hard to tell what it's made out of at that resolution. The crazy thing is, it becomes clearer what it is at a distance, rather than close up. I guess that's just how low-res pixel art works, though!

On-topic, I have a list of Target stores in my area to contact tonight. Hopefully some of them have Rosalina in the double digits... I don't want to have to lose out to a mob. Thankfully, there's a bazillion Target stores around Richmond, so it might not be too bad. The trick though, see, is that once you go to one store at opening, there isn't enough time to drive to another store...

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Most of wave 3 is being released on the 1st. The only ones I'm not sure about are Dedede, Sonic, Ike, & Mega Man. I've heard they may have been backed up until the 13th. But the exclusives are very likely to be released tomorrow. So get there early.
Wait...The 1st? O_O Its not the 6th like rumors said, ok. Welp, tomorrow, gonna rush to Gamestop (or Toys R Us depending) early as crap to see if i can snag another amiibo. Although, all i really want are Shulk and Lucario (mostly Shulk really), Shulk's probably gonna be gone because of all the pre-orders, and Lucario....I dunno, people sya Toys R Us is bad when it comes to getting him as scalpers get there first.

Also, a little side note i felt like adding: I think the heavy class amiibos are gonna be OP. I trained my Bowser Amiibo to level 50 last night, and his damage and defense....Holy crap it's ridiculous. Unless i'm playing someone with high KO/damage priority/output like LM, another Bowser(or any heavy really) or Buster/Smash Shulk, he'll typically take until 170% to die with anyone else i use. And given how grab happy i can be when it comes to punishing, since it's relatively safe and effective my amiibo does the same to me most of the time, with BOTH normal grab and Flying Slam. And Flying Slam does 30% damage now, and can KO at over 90% which doesn't take long for my amiibo to rack me up to. Counter's not effective because most of the time he approachs with his grabs, and when he doesn't, he U-smashes me, which has auto guard. Keep in mind, i did not feed my amiibo ANY equipment up to this point, this is all just increased base stats alone. I literally had to feed him equiment to LOWER all of his base stats for him to become easier to deal with, although he still feels OP. At least i can replace Flying Slam with Dash Claw to remove that option for him, but still...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Seriously?

Even ignoring the hint of racial egoism in your words here, you weren't just simply informing people (because that had already been done by someone else anyway), you were twisting what I said into something it wasn't.

I made a mistake while I was feeling tired. I apologise if that classifies as one of the elaborately poor European jokes you so despise.
I'm extremely depleted of patience your altruistic and victimized responses to me. I correct you when you are incorrect, for the general information of the community. I understand I am likely a few years older than you, so I've mentioned more than once that nothing I say to you is to be taken as a personal attack. In return, you are going to such extremes as to call me a racist for sincerely asking if your communications were being misunderstood as a result of cultural difference.
In recap, I was providing the forum with the correct information, that you made a point to tell me I was misinformed about, when I was not. If you take personal issue where there is none, then block me.; just as you've stated in the past that you have a right to express your opinions, so do I. There is nothing at all malicious about what I have said to you, and the fact that you then seem to respond to me in accusatory malice is absolutely absurd and flat out irreverent.

Thats another point that is irritating. Europe and Japan dont seem to be having shortages or stock problems. its only NA. Why does Nintendo always screw us.
Each country seems to have different difficulties. I am very thankful these guys are not region locked.

... for money.
I am inspired to now make the original 8, maybe twelve, in such a fashion, as symbolism of the 8 bit (or whatever bit) era.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm extremely depleted of patience your altruistic and victimized responses to me. I correct you when you are incorrect for the general information of the community. I understand I am likely a few years older than you, so I've mentioned more than once that nothing I say to you is to be taken as a personal attack. If you are going to go to such extreme as to call me a racist for providing the forum with the correct information, that you made a point to tell me I was misinformed about when I was not, then block me. Just as you've stated in the past that you have a right to express your opinions, so do I. There is nothing at all malicious about what I have said to you, and the fact that you then seem to respond to me in malice is absolutely absurd.
Way to miss the point again. I take it that's all you will continue to do, so I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Also, I didn't call you racist. Racial egoism =/= Racism. And yet you accuse me of trying to victimise myself or whatever. I was just calling you out on your overly aggressive and presumptuous attitude. Even if you don't realise it or mean it, it doesn't excuse it. In fact, that makes it even worse, as it means that's just naturally how you are.

-------

Wow, the Super Mario Amiibos look great.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Way to miss the point again. I take it that's all you will continue to do, so I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Also, I didn't call you racist. Racial egoism =/= Racism. And yet you accuse me of trying to victimise myself or whatever. I was just calling you out on your overly aggressive and presumptuous attitude. Even if you don't realise it or mean it, it doesn't excuse it. In fact, that makes it even worse, as it means that's just naturally how you are.

Wow, the Super Mario Amiibos look great.
I ask you kindly not to respond to my posts on this thread anymore. Not once have I said anything to insult you, and what i perceive from you as imperial humility in your writing is without question quite irritating. This may very well be a misunderstanding, and if so feel free to PM me. This is not for the board to be experiencing in public, this is a place for amiibo discussion; Nintendo is already stressful enough when it comes to these.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Take it to PMs or flaming infractions will be handed out. Get back on topic.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Warning Received
I ask you kindly not to respond to my posts on this thread anymore. Not once have I said anything to insult you, and what i perceive from you as imperial humility in your writing is without question quite irritating. This may very well be a misunderstanding, and if so feel free to PM me. This is not for the board to be experiencing in public, this is a place for amiibo discussion; Nintendo is already stressful enough when it comes to these.
I don't know where you got me having "imperial humility" from, but whatever helps you sleep at night and feel better about yourself, I guess.

And like I said, whether or not you meant to insult is irrelevant. You didn't necessarily insult me, you made an insensitive comment about a larger group of people in response to a simple mistake I made that had already been corrected, and so it was completely unwarranted.

And if this wasn't for the public's eyes, you shouldn't have brought it there in the first place. And judging by how your post was edited by a moderator, I can only assume the original post you made was even worse.

If you must take anything from this, then it's don't resurrect settled points and blow them out of proportion. It's not the first time you've done it, and the last time it was also in relation to one of my posts.

I will take my free infraction now.

---------------------

I haven't seen it mentioned here all that much, but on /r/amiibo, people keep talking about this particular retailer and how they have stock of some Amiibos. Might come in handy for some of you.

http://www.frys.com/search?search_type=regular&sqxts=1&cat=&query_string=amiibo

--------------

This is SO fun to do.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2uch5b/attention_to_all_kirby_amiibo_owners/

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just picked up my two Lucario from Toys R Us!!
One exclusive down... three to go.

Rosie, tomorrow, you shall be mine!

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Some rule changes to the Amiibo Cup are going to happen after Season 8 is done. There probably won't be another Amiibo Cup until about mid February because we'll have to see how many new Amiibos will join the competition. Then a new ruleset will be finalized. Pools & Divisions may be formed to save time or divide the Cup into a 2 day event. Either way, some things are going to change, but it's still enjoyable to see which is the best in my whole collection. Just very time consuming though lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I guess for Americans, World War Rosalina begins tomorrow...

...despite being only in America, it's gonna be a World War because that's how big the riots on Target will be. :p

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I guess for Americans, World War Rosalina begins tomorrow...

...despite being only in America, it's gonna be a World War because that's how big the riots on Target will be. :p
correct, I'm not sleeping tonight so i can be in front of target when it opens,
i know its a little drastic, but I'm not about to pay 50 dollars for her

D

Deleted member

So my local GameStop has Bowser already. Guess I'm going to have to add checking the website to see if Shulk is available to my daily routine.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hate that Nintendo made limited quantities of certain characters. Many stores I go to usually have the following characters in large quantities:

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4samus::4kirby::4pikachu:

Of course, duh, it's Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Pokemon. The store exclusives make it even worse.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
For my Dream Cup I'm revising the system. Every "season" will be 10 events, the last 3 events will be the playoffs. I'm starting a new season with this format. An "event" is just a single tournament.

4 players are eligible for the playoffs. To make the playoffs, the amiibo has to win an event in the first 7 events. Of course, it is possible there are more than 4 event winners after Event 7. Points will also be tallied for podium finishes, the first tiebreaker will be # of event wins and the second tiebreaker will be number of points (1st place gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2 points, and 3rd gets 1 points per event).

Once I get :rosalina: Galaxy to Level 50 I'll enter her in Event 1 of Season 1.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I believe that's only the case in North America.
Ugh... that means I have to buy a new Mario Party game for the first time since Mario Party 4 if I want the "Mario series" Mario amiibo.

I hope they don't make Toad amiibo available only with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. I already bought the game... don't make me buy it again for the amiibo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ugh... that means I have to buy a new Mario Party game for the first time since Mario Party 4 if I want the "Mario series" Mario amiibo.

I hope they don't make Toad amiibo available only with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. I already bought the game... don't make me buy it again for the amiibo.
It's only a timed exclusive in NA. If you don't mind waiting, they did say that the SM Mario Amiibo will be released separately at a later date. It's obviously only exclusive to the bundle for a little while to drive initial sales for Mario Party 10.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Picked up Bowser today. Was extremely weird seeing anything besides the super common ones on the shelf. From what I heard, the rest of wave 3 are coming by the 16th.

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
I'm proud of my dad. I asked him if he could get me a Rosalina and I'd pay him back (we don't have a Target here) and told him about when he'd need to go to Target, and on his own accord, he checked amiibo inquirer to make sure I had the info right.

Top Bottom