• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The target I chose at launch was very civil. We were told before 8 that they had enough for us each to get one Rosie. We weren't allowed anywhere in Northern South Florida to get more than one total, so no Sheik if you got Rosalina.

We all walked single file to the back. I was dressed ready for war. Instead I got a date with a cute nerd.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So I actually managed to get Rosalina this morning! I was the last person to get to my local target (there was a group of like 15 people waiting outside the doors when I got there). When the guy finally let us in at 8, we all started calmly walking into the store. For like 30 seconds, everyone continued to just walk and then it turned into an all-out sprint. I sprinted through like half of the store. The target employees were really intelligent and set a 2 Rosalinas per person limit and kept her behind the electronics desk so you had to wait in line to get her. Luckily, I was third in line, so I managed to get a Rosalina and a Sheik. They seemed to have a ton of Rosalinas. There were like 15-20 behind the desk and the cashier said that there were another 10 in the back. After getting my amiibos, I was on my way back to my car when I heard a guy in front of me say, "I can't wait to sell these online (he had bought 2 Rosalinas)!" My face immediately fell and I was kinda disgusted by the guy. Whatever, I should have known that someone would go to the release just for a profit. Anyway, it was definitely the strangest experience I've been through in a retail store but I do have to admit it was fun as hell. It's been like 3 hours since I got Rosalina and I'm still on an adrenaline rush.

Sorry for bad phone quality!
Rosalina looks so good! I'm glad the nightmare of getting her is over.

Sheik also looks pretty good. I'm surprised at the amount of detail they managed to get onto her.

I have a Rosalina coming from Italy (even though it still hasn't shipped after it being released over a week ago). I'll probably keep that one in its box.

Last edited:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Target launch was civil where I got it. There were 12 and each person was allowed to get 1 Rosalina and one other amiibo of their choice, but since all they had were bowser and Tink I passed the offer, however there were a lot of friendly people in line and a few even looking to sell/trade to help a brother avoid the scalping. Managed to get a Lucario despite missing out on him and also found somebody willing to buy my second shiek off of me too should it come. Still leery of amazon however. All in all, seeing other collectors in person all so level headed and just having a good time really helped motivate me to keep on collecting. /blogpost

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Rosalina get! Target had like 15 behind the electronics counter. They handled it really well. It was a bit of a mad dash from the door but I managed to be 4th in line.
I also went to buy some socks so when I went to the check out register, the cashier was all like "You guys waited out there for a figurine? Not even like an actual game?"

LF2K

Floor Diver
Heh, I can only imagine what look the cashier would have given Mariotehplumber... if he was serious. :p

Frenzy

Smash Apprentice
They moved back Ike and Shulk at Gamestop until the 13th, why???

In other news, Target had Rosalina available for like 40 minutes this morning on target.com. I ordered one, but it said out of stock before I could aware my friends.

Glad I got one though.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looking at Reddit, I'm definitely glad I'm not interested in Rosalina. lol

I was hesitant to post about that but since someone else already has:

Also look at the middle.

Apparently he has 252 at last count.
Screw it, I'll just expand on the reminders in the OP.

The guy has been dealt with for now, there's no reason to keep bringing him up. Acting salty is how the desired negative attention spreads.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Looking at Reddit, I'm definitely glad I'm not interested in Rosalina. lol

Screw it, I'll just expand on the reminders in the OP.

The guy has been dealt with for now, there's no reason to keep bringing him up. Acting salty is how the desired negative attention spreads.
I'm not salty, I merely showed a picture and updated people on the situation. Last time he had 100 or so, now he has about 252.

Also I don't see why people can't have the freedom to talk about something relevant to Amiibo hunters in it's thread. He's dealt with as far as this forum goes, but as someone taking up stock, he's still doing it. People should be allowed to see how real it is. Not just with this figure, but others in the future too. It's news that is as relevant as mass pre-order cancellations.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Im surprised no one hasn't made a Mega Lucario yet.
There was one of the Wolf fans who wanted to make a custom out of him and Fox, using Lucario's head or something.
...I really dig your avatar by the way.

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Ok, just got back from target. I opened up my Rosalina, and MAN, IS THIS FIGURE FLAWLESS!!! by far my favorite of all the amiibo out so far, I will post pics later as I am definitely going to have a photo session with the figure later

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
So I actually managed to get Rosalina this morning! I was the last person to get to my local target (there was a group of like 15 people waiting outside the doors when I got there). When the guy finally let us in at 8, we all started calmly walking into the store. For like 30 seconds, everyone continued to just walk and then it turned into an all-out sprint. I sprinted through like half of the store. The target employees were really intelligent and set a 2 Rosalinas per person limit and kept her behind the electronics desk so you had to wait in line to get her. Luckily, I was third in line, so I managed to get a Rosalina and a Sheik. They seemed to have a ton of Rosalinas. There were like 15-20 behind the desk and the cashier said that there were another 10 in the back. After getting my amiibos, I was on my way back to my car when I heard a guy in front of me say, "I can't wait to sell these online (he had bought 2 Rosalinas)!" My face immediately fell and I was kinda disgusted by the guy. Whatever, I should have known that someone would go to the release just for a profit. Anyway, it was definitely the strangest experience I've been through in a retail store but I do have to admit it was fun as hell. It's been like 3 hours since I got Rosalina and I'm still on an adrenaline rush.

Sorry for bad phone quality!
Rosalina looks so good! I'm glad the nightmare of getting her is over.

Sheik also looks pretty good. I'm surprised at the amount of detail they managed to get onto her.

I have a Rosalina coming from Italy (even though it still hasn't shipped after it being released over a week ago). I'll probably keep that one in its box.
Are you serious? This morning mine had a 1 Rosalina amiibo limit! I got her anyways though....

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
They moved back Ike and Shulk at Gamestop until the 13th, why???

In other news, Target had Rosalina available for like 40 minutes this morning on target.com. I ordered one, but it said out of stock before I could aware my friends.

Glad I got one though.
Well that's strange, GameStop took money out of my account for my pre-order of those two. I need to call them...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm not salty, I merely showed a picture and updated people on the situation. Last time he had 100 or so, now he has about 252.

Also I don't see why people can't have the freedom to talk about something relevant to Amiibo hunters in it's thread. He's dealt with as far as this forum goes, but as someone taking up stock, he's still doing it. People should be allowed to see how real it is. Not just with this figure, but others in the future too. It's news that is as relevant as mass pre-order cancellations.
Amiibo hunting already got real way before he decided to get the internet mad, there's no news there. Continuing to bring him up does not help anyone but himself, as either people get annoyed or try to buy from him (and yes, we have caught that happening). The guy has faked suicide threats to get attention; the mere mention of him creates a toxic discussion. This is completely different from pre-order cancellations.

The staff is going to start being more strict in regards to our advertising policy in order to make sure we don't have to deal with another gray area scalper situation again. Additonally the guy has only been room banned for the duration of Wave 3, 4, and potentially 5. He's still around on the forum, and it doesn't help that this thread might be moved to the NintenZone board in March.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Are you serious? This morning mine had a 1 Rosalina amiibo limit! I got her anyways though....
tbh i was surprised they were smart enough to set a limit at all. But yeah, it was actually 2 Rosalinas per person.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
New custom amiibo; really highlights the expressions of some characters :i6rkW:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
To say something else on wave 4:
They are now available at a new retailer in the USA, which is FYE (For Your Entertainment)
http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/2015/01/30/first-place-to-offer-amiibo-wave-4-pre-orders-fye-in-store/

FYE is not on the official Nintendo Amiibo page for the US
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/buynow/
Does anyone know any other retail options in the US?
They are the only place where you can preorder wave 4/MP series right now. Did that yesterday :) Not sure how they arent listed as an amiibo retailer but have always had a nice stock of them.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I woke up late this morning, but I managed to get the second to last Rosalina! Even the late birds get the worm, it seems. :p The clerk at my Target told me there were people in line this morning before the store opened. Guess I got super lucky.

My mom has already asked "Is that Frozen?", which made me cringe a bit.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
try to buy from him (and yes, we have caught that happening).
In that case, you should have let people know about that sooner rather than keeping people in the dark. I wasn't aware he actually started selling them already, and wouldn't have made/replied to any posts about it had I known.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Another update to my analysis. I've tried a 1v2 match for Fire Mario. The usual 3 stock and a team of 2 level 9 cpus. He was very close in the first match. Still hasn't won 1 yet.

However, I decided to see what my 2 best amiibos (:4mario:Fire Mario and :4mario:Bidizzle) can do on a 2v4. I was surprised to see them win. Then, I decided to join in with my amiibos and do a 3v5. Of course we won that one as well. Apparently I got 2/3 of the enemy team stocks (10 stocks out of 15) while Bidizzle got 4 and Fire Mario got 1 but also had the least deaths (died one time).

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Getting Rosalina was surprisingly easy this morning. The Target I went to had one of its employees outside, and he said that he checked the inventory yesterday when they were working and they had 24 Rosalina. There were 8 people outside when the store opened, and they had a max 2 per person limit, so everyone in line got one, and there were plenty left on the shelves later surprisingly. I think about half the people bought two, but I was happy to just get one. They ran out of Sheik though since Target only got 4 of them, but I have Sheik reserved at Gamestop anyways.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
In that case, you should have let people know about that sooner rather than keeping people in the dark. I wasn't aware he actually started selling them already, and wouldn't have made/replied to any posts about it had I known.
The bigger issue is advertising which then leads to selling, which you all were aware about.

But anyway, no one is in trouble yet. Just avoid the topic of mariotehplumber and other obvious scalpers, and if you see a post that may break site rules please report it and don't respond.

TheDongWV

Skronky Dong Country
Purifying in the waters of Lake Minnetonka
NNID
illxblood
Went to Target this morning and there was almost a riot for Rosalina amiibos.

They ran out with maybe 15 more people in line, and the next person who was in line when they sold out was HEATED. He started screaming and said he drove like an hour away for it and started calling the guy every name in the book. I felt so bad for him because he had no control over it.

I did end up getting a Toon Link, though. No luck on Shiek :/

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
no luck on toon link today will check bb tommorow good to see everybody enjoying :rosalina: i passed on her only getting charcters I want even if they are rare or not

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Went to Target this morning and there was almost a riot for Rosalina amiibos.

They ran out with maybe 15 more people in line, and the next person who was in line when they sold out was HEATED. He started screaming and said he drove like an hour away for it and started calling the guy every name in the book. I felt so bad for him because he had no control over it.

I did end up getting a Toon Link, though. No luck on Shiek :/
Aside from the story I posted earlier, one woman on /r/amiibo said they got shoved to the ground by some guy as soon as her local Target opened, and was actually quite sore from it. They didn't get their Rosalina Amiibo because everyone else rushed in to get theirs while she was on the ground, meaning she was last in the line. Only the manager bothered to help her up.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I work retail myself. The company I work for doesn't sell amiibo, but I have seen some people get really worked up over things. It's kind of sad people turn to savages for a plastic figure.

TheDongWV

Skronky Dong Country
Purifying in the waters of Lake Minnetonka
NNID
illxblood
Aside from the story I posted earlier, one woman on /r/amiibo said they got shoved to the ground by some guy as soon as her local Target opened, and was actually quite sore from it. They didn't get their Rosalina Amiibo because everyone else rushed in to get theirs while she was on the ground, meaning she was last in the line. Only the manager bothered to help her up.
This actually makes me really sad for her.

What kind of mindset do you have to have to push someone over like that for a small little piece of plastic? I want mine too, but damn. Spoiled people.

Top Bottom