• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Do you know at which points you gave Kirby a move vs Yoshi? IE: Kirby 25 Yoshi 50, or were they both on the same playing field when getting the new move?

If you can't remember it's ok.

Side note: Metroid Prime Trilogy is $10! Psyched for that.
I can't exactly, but I'm pretty sure Kirby was at about 20-30, while Yoshi had to be in the single-digits range.

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
After starting a little late, I've managed to snag most of the Amiibos that I want. The only one I haven't been able to get is Pit. Looks like I'll have to suck it up and pay an inflated price for him since my TRU and the nearby Gamestop only got enough to fill pre-orders.
I'd trade a Wii Fit Trainer for Pit if I could find someone interested in that deal.

Just got Sheik, Toon Link, and Bowser from US wave 3.1, and will try to get Rosalina & Luma Sunday morning at Target (store employee said they got around 20 in stock). When does Meta Knight come out? I might try to get one in store if that is even possible.

I hope there are no shortages for King Dedede, Sonic, and Mega Man. I particularly want the latter two, plus a 2nd Mega Man to re-paint.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hey guys--

Rosalina releases Sunday, not Monday. 2/1 is Sunday.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Getting worried. Local Target stores aren't letting on about if they have Rosalina in stock or not, let alone how many. I hear she got delayed in some states, and I for sure know Lucario got delayed in Virginia... I think this weekend might not go well for me.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
EB delivered Rosalina and Bowser while I was at school while one of my school friends gave me Mario, which was a long-overdue prize from (almost) winning a Smash 3DS tournament! A picture of my amiibo family is in the spoiler below due to size. Now to wait for Robin and Lucina...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This really seems easier to do in Europe and Japan...

%gripe complete.

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
I went to GameStop with my brother today, there was one :4bowser: amiibo left, so we got it. The employee said that they got it one week early, hence why we got it! The amiibo figure is probably the heaviest of the bunch, and you would probably see why...

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Hm, I'm wondering if I can walk into Target on Sunday morning right when they open and snag myself a Rosalina before work.

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
Some combat data about my Amiibos:

I decided to have the four of them battle it out in a little tournament and the results are quite amusing. The first set of fights was done on the boxing ring omega, 2 stocks, no time limit, no items. If the winner managed to 2stock their opponent, they got 3 points, and if it was a 2-1stock result the winner received 2 points, the loser 1 point.
The finals were done on Final Destination, 2 stock, no time limit, no items. Best 2 out of 3 fights style.
The bonus round was done on big battlefield omega, same rules and free for all, obviously.

Qualifying rounds:
Bowzilla vs Lucy - 2/1
Peachy vs Zeldy - 0/3 (Zeldy 2stocked Peachy)
Bowzilla vs Peachy - 2/1
Lucy vs Zeldy - 1/2
Bowzilla vs Zeldy - 1/2
Lucy vs Peachy - 2/1

Results:

Name Win/Lose Pts 2stocks
Bowzilla 2/1 5Pts
Lucy 1/2 4Pts
Peachy 0/3 2Pts
Zeldy 3/0 7Pts x

Finals:

Match 1
Bowser(47%) KOs Zelda(104%)
Zelda fumbles Farore
Bowser wins.

Match 2
Bowser(91%) KOs Zelda(152%)
Zelda(34%) KOs Bowser (167%)
Incredibly close whiff of both Fsmash AND Bair at the same time, if either of those had hit, the match had been over!
Zelda(94%) KOs Bowser(185%)
Zelda wins.

Match 3
Zelda gets Bowser up to 81% without getting hit!
Bowser retalliates by getting Zelda up to 98%, taking only minor damage!
Zelda(94%) KOs Bowser(164%)
Bowser(33%) KOs Zelda(131%)
Bowser(143%) KOs Zelda(169%)
Bowser wins.

Though Zelda has more points from the qualification rounds, Bowser wins the finals.

BONUS ROUND! FREE FOR ALL!

1st Bowzilla - 3KOs - 1Falls - KO'd everyone once.
2nd Peachy - 3KOs - 2Falls - KO'd everyone once.
3rd Lucy - 0KOs - 2Falls
3rd Zeldy - 1KO - 2Falls - KO'd Peach once.

This was especially surprising since PEACH, the absolute and definite loser from the 1v1 tournament almost won the bonus round. Bowser knocked her out at ~180% while she only had ~120%.

Some background on how those Amiibo were trained and how they behave now:

Zeldy was my first Amiibo. I trained her mostly myself, using pretty much all kinds of different characters across the board, whichever I found interesting to play regardless of my actual ability to play them correctly. Up until Lv35 or so, at least. From there on I kept using my two 'best' fighters, Lucario and Bowser, with a focus of about 80% on the latter. Also, I played highly aggressive at all times, not giving her a second to breathe. Mostly because I didn't want her to be a ranged camper, so I punished every single sideB as best I could. This led to her perfecting spot dodges and perfect shielding. She became a highly defensive fighter who punishes openings, but doesn't spam sideBs as much as you'd expect. She does run to the edge of stages most of the time (which is really awkward on the Bridge of Eldin and Wii Fit Studio stages) and waits for you to engage, but if you stay at range she sort of closes in on you, still in a rather defensive manner. Now it's incredibly difficult to get hits in on her, but she usually doesn't follow up successful hits. She usually feels content with just landing a devastating blow and then retreating into her turtle-esque defensive style until the next opportunity arises. I personally can take 1 stock off of her on good days. In 3stock games.

Peachy was my second Amiibo. For her, I tried to do something different and trained her in 1v2s exclusively until she hit 50. Either something went terribly wrong with that, or Amiibo AI simply sucks at handling multiple opponents, because as you can see from the 'tournament' results, she's not a great fighter in 1v1. I can actually beat her, despite her inhuman reflexes and damage/defense advantages, when I'm playing my 'main' main and focus properly. Not super consistently, but more than 50% of the times, which I'd say is consistent enough. Strangely, she didn't pick up -any- of the techniques I used when 'showing' her how to play peach. She doesn't instant-float, she doesn't pluck turnips at every possible chance, she never float-attacks while carrying turnips, though she does use Fair a lot to space, which is great. She's also relatively apt at catching thrown turnips to re-use them multiple times, but she doesn't seem to react to the stitch-face at all. Quite honestly though, I can't really describe her playstyle. She's an exemplary oddball, likes to hang out motionlessly in mid-range where some attacks can actually even hit her during her random idle moments, doesn't shield much at all and most likely tries to interrupt slow attack animations with her own, faster or well-timed ones. Though evidently, she can handle fights with more than one enemy better than the rest, I'd still not call her very good at it. I'm likely going to reset her soon.

Bowzilla is the Amiibo that makes me proud. He turned out amazing after I was initially scared that he'd open himself to punishment as much as the stupid lv9 AI with its constant fire breath spam, even at mid-low ranges. While he still does it sometimes, it's bearable. I trained him using a variety of AIs and my other Amiibo until he hit lv20, from there trained him myself exclusively, using Bowser most of the time, but Rosalina, Lucario, BJr. and a few others as well. From lv40 on I only fought him using Bowser myself, and he picked up a lot of my better habits. Such as shorthopping Fair, using Dair in unpredictable moments to stall his way around Utilts and Upsmashes, short hopping Breath for more safety, Fortress OoS and so on. While fighting him I alternated between extremely defensive, punish-heavy and semi-aggressive, baiting playstyles. He now turned out to be highly passive-aggressive, threatening opponents with his pure proximity while spacing properly with Ftilt, Fair and Breath. He's quite brilliant at dueling and his (annoying) offense/defense advantages made it quite impossible to win 'fair' fights for me. Though I can get one stock off him more often than with Zeldy.

Lucy is the Amiibo I'm kind of unsatisfied with. He's not even that bad at anything, he just turned out incredibly predictable. I find it much too easy to bait out his DT and dash attack. I trained him playing defensive most of the time, so he'd turn out as a rushdown-esque fighter, and that part worked. You see, I tried to avoid him becoming a sphere-spamming duckface, successfully. But yeah, while I didn't beat him after he hit 50, I had a ton of very close games, and many of those only happened to be close because he feels so very limited in his creativity, using the same approaching/defending mechanisms most of the time. And he doesn't want to learn! No matter how many times I shield his dash attack and grab-combo him afterwards, he just won't stop doing it.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Looks like I'm snowed in, so unless the weather clears up a lot in the next two to three hours, I'm going to be missing out on Shulk and Dedede (I figure Bowser will be extremely common, if every other Mario amiibo is any indication, but I'm not so sure about Dedede, and I have a feeling that there will only be one or two Shulks for sale in my area if there's any of them available at all).

EDIT: According to http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibocanada there aren't even any wave 3 amiibos in my area, so it looks like I just would have wasted my time if I was able to go.

Last edited:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Got the import Lucario figs a couple days ago. Went that route because it's obvious Nintendo doesnt know how to keep stock of things. And now no two places can give consistent release dates. Have all of wave 3 on preorder accept 3/4 store exclusives. I really hope we dont have to go through this crap with wave 4.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Nothing at Toys R Us but pre-orders and disappointment...FML. Add that one to the import list. I'll wait and see what the deal is with Meta Knight and Rosalina before I pull the trigger.

Why the hell can't I just go to a store and buy a damn toy, Nintendo?!

Meowser

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChronoRabbit
Rosalina get! After a bunch of media stores, some run-down Toys'R'Us actually had two of them left. Absolutely ridiculous.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
My TRU only had 4 Lucario in stock today and I failed to get one, but Im gonna pay the waiting game for now. Also does anyone know if anyone sells US Packaging Lucario Online?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Got 'em!

Now to wait for Rosalina to come on Monday.

Also, my local Smyths SEVERELY neutered their Amiibo shelf space. There were only three each of Sheikh and Ike.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I kind of hope nintendo releases some final smash amiibos for the smash collection. Imagine being able to play against mega charizard and mega lucario... Or giga mac and giga bowser permanently in a match.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I kind of hope nintendo releases some final smash amiibos for the smash collection. Imagine being able to play against mega charizard and mega lucario... Or giga mac and giga bowser permanently in a match.
How about Nintendo catches with the demand for the first three waves to begin with? :(

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
My TRU only had 4 Lucario in stock today and I failed to get one, but Im gonna pay the waiting game for now.
That's what I'm going to do. I don't mind importing but I would rather it be a last resort. Plus, if I can't find Rosalina on Sunday or Meta Knight whenever the hell he comes out, it would be cheaper to import them all at the same time than individually.

I'm a notorious impulse buyer, so I need to learn to wait, haha.

Azuni

Smash Rookie
I noticed when I did a importing pre-order for Rosalina/Lucario, their prices were normal since it was directly through Amazon Italy (around $15 after conversion, excluding shipping), but now Rosalina shot up in price, with only private sellers on there now. Unless it's a figure that is not in high demand, waiting to import probably means spending a lot more than putting in a pre-order earlier (and maybe canceling it if you find something in the store on release date).
I thought about going to Target on Sunday, but I don't want to deal with those horror stories or just waking up that early.

Gator

Smash Cadet
Question: has anyone from the USA ordered from game.co.uk? I ordered a pit amiibo nearly a month ago and its still never arrived yet. Should i be worried right now, or is this normal? Like the estimated delivery time was 4-8 business days (seems off though since its coming from internationally) but still, its been a long while.
edit: nevermind, it ended up coming in the mail today! lol

Last edited:

Kornaki

Smash Cadet
Gator, if they didn't give you a tracking number you should just contact them and ask them if they can update you on the status of your shipment.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
How about Nintendo catches with the demand for the first three waves to begin with? :(
I don't think that's going to happen as much as I would like it to.

I think wave 5 and onward will be the hardest since those characters arent exactly mario pikachu and donkey kong.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thinking about it, there aren't really a whole lot of amiibos that I'm looking forward to after wave 4 (though after the kerfuffle with waves 2 and 3, I'm definitely pre-ordering Ness); the only ones who are unannounced that I'd like to get are Ganondorf, ROB, Duck Hunt, Olimar, and Mewtwo (if there is one for him). Falco and Jigglypuff are maybes, but I'm not going to lose sleep if I miss out on them. (and Jigglypuff's primarily for the sake of completing the original twelve)

For reference (just to save time), the unannounced ones are:
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Zero Suit Samus
Falco
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar
ROB
Bowser Junior
Greninja
Palutena
Dark Pit
Duck Hunt
Mii Fighters

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm getting really worried about being able to pick up my preorder now. How much is Shulk going for on eBay?

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom