• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I think Charizard and Bowser will be fairly common. The only Pokemon I think that will become rare will be Greninja and Lucario.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I ordered and paid for Captain Falcon 3 weeks ago from a US seller and am STILL waiting for my amiibo. Looks like scalpers have a new method: Drop shipping. If it weren't for retaliation I would leave the seller honest feedback instead I will leave none.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I ordered and paid for Captain Falcon 3 weeks ago from a US seller and am STILL waiting for my amiibo. Looks like scalpers have a new method: Drop shipping. If it weren't for retaliation I would leave the seller honest feedback instead I will leave none.
Retaliation? Of what kind?

Have you contacted your seller yet and inform them you still have not received your goods? If this isn't a simple mistake, you have every right to leave honest seller feedback.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Wasn't Marth, Wii fit, and Villager genuinely discontinued though? Or is nothing to certain even with all the mixed responses from Nintendo that people use for sources in their arguments that they are?

Also love my :4villager: & :4falcon:amiiiboooo

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Wasn't Marth, Wii fit, and Villager genuinely discontinued though? Or is nothing to certain even with all the mixed responses from Nintendo that people use for sources in their arguments that they are?

Also love my :4villager: & :4falcon:amiiiboooo
Marth has been announced to be getting a reprint, so he's at least safe. Project Steam saved the day there.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I changed my amiibo display location:

It's now on one of my shelves on my TV stand. My Wii U is on the shelf below it. Tbh it looks much much nicer, I'll put the back of the amiibo boxes on the little walls for each series, so when I get a Toad amiibo the back of the box will be taped to the wall. So then each amiibo series will be listed and how they interact with various games. I might add some background decoration but not sure what.

Also, how I'll line up my amiibos needs reconsideration.

Sheik, Toon Link, Sonic, and Rosalina are on the way next month, then I'll get Toad in March, and I can only have 8 per horizontal line.

So...

(Back) :4sonic::rosalina::4falcon:
(Front) Toad :4luigi::4mario::4yoshi::4link::4sheik::4tlink::4kirby:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I contacted some local scalpers who are selling Little Mac for $30. Hopefully they reply back. Trying to get Little Mac from anywhere in Europe is far too expensive...

Go figure, Meta Knight is sold out everywhere overseas. I guess I'm not worrying about him, Rosalina or Lucario until February. I could buy Lucario right now from Amazon for a decent price, but he might not be ultra rare in the USA. No way to tell until the day is upon us. I guess I'm willing to gamble it.

dyno900

Smash Rookie
Sorry if asked before, long post and to lazy to search
quick question: can you use boxed amiibo's or do you need to open them to use them?
i tried but didnt work. maybe there is a way to make it work

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Meta Knight is so cute :sheep: :4metaknight:

quick question: can you use boxed amiibo's or do you need to open them to use them?
There's a thing in the box that prevents you from scanning them without opening them.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
You have to open them, although there is a way to not open the box all the way, it definitely doesn't make the box look quite as nice.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You can't use an amiibo if it's boxed, there's a foil sticker under the base, but you can remove it without ruining the box.

dyno900

Smash Rookie
Thanks everyone, didn't expect that much of a respone on such an obvious question.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There is a way to carefully open them with minimal damage to take out the foil that prevents them from being used within the box.

I think this video did it really well:

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Do you think I'll be able to get Shulk, Bowser, Sheik, and Toon Link at GameStop and/or Target on Feb 6 or whenever wave 3 comes out after school without preorders? I was unable to grab any on Amazon. Can someone help, and suggest where to preorder Robin, Lucina, and Pac-Man?

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Do you think I'll be able to get Shulk, Bowser, Sheik, and Toon Link at GameStop and/or Target on Feb 6 or whenever wave 3 comes out after school without preorders? I was unable to grab any on Amazon. Can someone help, and suggest where to preorder Robin, Lucina, and Pac-Man?
Shulk- Gonna be really hard to get.
Bowser- Looks to be one of the most common
Toon Link and Sheik- Not really sure, Toon Link might be a bit easy, but Sheik I have a bad feeling.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Ok thanks. My area had an abundance of WFT, Villager, and Marth three days after launch. I'll be fine if I don't get shulk. Do you know where the best US store is to preorder any of wave 4?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
If you find one that has been packaged upside-down you can use those without doing anything to the box. The only thing preventing it is the foil.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wow, whole new crowd in here.
Is feb 6th an official date now?

Ok thanks. My area had an abundance of WFT, Villager, and Marth three days after launch. I'll be fine if I don't get shulk. Do you know where the best US store is to preorder any of wave 4?
It's a whole new game now, man.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Shulk - Near Impossible. I hear Gamestop's only getting enough shipment for pre-orders and that's IT.

Bowser and Toon Link - Easy.

Sheik - Possibly Difficult.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I apologize for the double post, but this is worth it.

First photo of the Shulk Amiibo.
Lookin' good! Now it's Shulk time!

I consider myself blessed. I was able to purchase one, among the last of the American Shulk preorders. I feel horrible for all the Shulk fans who will have to import one. I missed out on Little Mac so far, so I know that pain. Nintendo is just pissing me right off with this whole Amiibo business. It would be better to release these in smaller batches, so they could make more of each...

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I'M GOING TO MY NEAREST GAME STORE BEFORE OPENING HOURS ON THE DAY OF RELEASE.
Is there a release date? Or are they just waving it off again and saying "the release date is the month of February. Deal with it!"
Gah it pisses me off that they just trickle releases within the month and expect us to be on top of things like that. Yeah, forgive me for not committing but I don't have time to spend every minute of every day checking each and every retailer only to find all their Amiibo shelves are empty, save for the DKs that no one buys and the million Marios because no one wants to scalp him, huh!

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I dont think any of them take preorders yet.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Is there a release date? Or are they just waving it off again and saying "the release date is the month of February. Deal with it!"
Gah it pisses me off that they just trickle releases within the month and expect us to be on top of things like that. Yeah, forgive me for not committing but I don't have time to spend every minute of every day checking each and every retailer only to find all their Amiibo shelves are empty, save for the DKs that no one buys and the million Marios because no one wants to scalp him, huh!
Well, I live in the UK, where Wave 3 is split into two parts. The first part is released on 23rd January, while the second part, which includes Shulk, is released on 20th February. I must stress, this is for those in the UK and the rest of Europe.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I got this e-mail this morning regarding my Rosalina pre-order on GameStop.ie:

"This email is relating to your Order Number: (******) regarding the product ordered Amiibo Rosalina figure. Due to unforeseen circumstances, Nintendo advised us late yesterday evening that we will not be receiving this product.

The Rosalina figure is the only product affected regarding the Amiibo orders. Any customers that have multi orders will receive the remainder of the order.

This has now resulted in a lot of orders including yours been cancelled and refunded.

All Paypal orders will automatically reappear in your accounts however all Credit Card payments will reappear within 3/5 working days.

On behave of GameStop, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused at this time.

Kind regards, Gamestop Customer support UK and Ireland"

I know people in the UK have been getting this e-mail in the UK as well, but I'd also like to bring the following to people's attention:

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/...44/nintendo-amiibo-super-smash-bros-rosalina/

Smyths Ireland have started listing Rosalina as "TBC 2015", when they used to list her as coming on the 23rd of January. All other Wave 3 (EU) Amiibos had their dates moved to the 26th of January, but only Rosalina got the TBC 2015 date.

I recall the same thing happening to Little Mac when he was close to release, and sure enough, he has not showed up in Ireland at all.

So is Rosalina simply not coming to Ireland either? I'll be checking stores this week just in case, but it's not looking good.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Well, I live in the UK, where Wave 3 is split into two parts. The first part is released on 23rd January, while the second part, which includes Shulk, is released on 20th February. I must stress, this is for those in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Well that explains it. Looks like Nintendo UK is better at this than Nintendo America. Yeah, here there is no release date. Lucky you.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Apparently my Rosalina amiibo shipped. I guess the seller got it early... Or i got scammed.

Top Bottom