• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CHICO 93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperCheekNasty
Does the amiibos stats and specials and equipment still carry over if i go to my friends house and have em play my friends in a 1v1?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
YouTube and Tumblr have a lot of talk about him and I visit those sites a lot, so yeah, I see him everywhere I go on those sites. The Rosalina tag on Tumblr is 99% talk about him right now. It goes without saying that an actual Rosalina fan will see stuff about this situation more than someone who isn't.

And yes, you can compare them - the principle idea of what's happening is the same as the hypothetical, alternate 9/11 scenario I described (as 9/11 did not actually happen in the way I described) - person does bad thing and tries to avert the negative consequences by saying "it was a joke and I'm sorry", but does not do anything to fix or make up for the problem. I just provided an extreme example to drive the point home.

And I am perfectly entitled to voice my thoughts on something even if it doesn't effect me. I have my Rosalina Amiibo secured and will do the same for other Amiibos, but I still have every right to have a problem with what he's doing and update people on the current state of the situation (since most people were under the assumption that he didn't purchase any Amiibos in bulk due to his most recent video, but he's come out saying otherwise, so I'm updating people on that, and prompting them to be quick about it if they want to get a Rosalina Amiibo).

Honestly? That would be better if he did. At least then, some people who aren't privy to the situation won't spend $100 on a $13 figure just because he bought up tons of them to force people into that situation. Those people will probably get their figures regardless, since they will be restocked.
Then I go back to what I said before- you can take action, or you can keep bringing that energy here and whining.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Made a recent list of the amiibo I want. After I get all of these, I think I'm done with the stress forever.

N = Needed
A = Not announced

Mario Series: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, (NA)Doctor Mario
Donkey Kong Series: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong
Zelda Series: Link, (N)Zelda
Kirby Series: Kirby, (N)Metaknight-Need order overseas so about $30
Pokemon Series: Pikachu, (N)Charizard
Sonic Series: Sonic
Pac Man Series: (N)Pac-Man
Fire Emblem Series: Ike, (N)Marth
Kid Icarus Series: Pit, (NA)Palutena
MegaMan Series: Megaman
Star Fox Series: (N)Fox, (NA)Falco
Earthbound Series: (N)Ness
Xenoblade Series: (N)Shulk-Need to order overseas so about $30
Pikmin Series: (NA)Olimar
Metroid Series: (NA)Zero Suit Samus

Total cost for announced amiibo (not including overseas): $78 plus tax

So much for getting Majora's Mask 3D.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I was just letting people know about the situation. Stop trying to sound like a hard-*** over it.
I'm not trying to sound like anything, and you don't need to take my comment personally with retaliatory namecalling. You are not simply informing people of what he was doing, because I've read many of your posts, paragraphs long, complaining about him. That doesn't help anyone here, nor does it help you. In fact it is actually harmful to the very points you are trying to make, both in terms of informing an audience, and also in regard to only aiding him in publicity, which is the number one thing he has been after this entire time.

However, I have seen since my last comment that there is a ban on the conversation, so, fantastic :)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not trying to sound like anything, and you don't need to take my comment personally with retaliatory namecalling. You are not simply informing people of what he was doing, because I've read many of your posts, paragraphs long, complaining about him. That doesn't help anyone here, nor does it help you. In fact it is actually harmful to the very points you are trying to make, both in terms of informing an audience, and also in regard to only aiding him in publicity, which is the number one thing he has been after this entire time.

However, I have seen since my last comment that there is a ban on the conversation, so, fantastic :)
Someone else was asking me "why I cared about it", so I explained it in those "long paragraphs". I initially just posted a single image that updated people on the situation, and nothing else, without my opinion.

If you notice that there is a ban on the subject, don't bring it up. The discussion was dropped a page ago, you had no need to revive it regardless of the ban. If you must get your little digs in at me (like I just pointed out above, there is no other reason for you to have brought it up again), do it in PMs that I will ignore.

Last edited:

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I'm seeing emails circulating with some wave 3 amiibos being delayed until 2/20. I received one for King DeDeDe. Does anyone know the US release dates for wave 3? It looks like the store exclusives are still 2/1. I would appreicate a breakdown on who I can expect on what date. I have them all preordered but with various stores. B&H and TRU aren't as proactive about communication as Walmart seems to be.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So the 1st of February is the supposed release date of wave 3 correct? I've had Shulk and Ike pre-ordered at GameStop months ago but I'm gonna leave to get them early upon release just to see if there are others I can pick up while out where my GameStop is (there's several stores in that same area so I can leap-frog with minimal distance).

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
So the 1st of February is the supposed release date of wave 3 correct? I've had Shulk and Ike pre-ordered at GameStop months ago but I'm gonna leave to get them early upon release just to see if there are others I can pick up while out where my GameStop is (there's several stores in that same area so I can leap-frog with minimal distance).
Walmart has emailed me saying my Toon Link and Sheik were pushed back to February 6th. Feb 1st sounds like a placeholder so sometime later sounds realistic.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Walmart has emailed me saying my Toon Link and Sheik were pushed back to February 6th. Feb 1st sounds like a placeholder so sometime later sounds realistic.
That's what I feared... By the time word gets out as to exactly when certain amiibo come out, scalpers that spend every waking moment scouring release times will have snatched everything up before I even get in the car or boot up the computer...

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
So I talked to one of my local GameStop employees yesterday, they said that in their system that the rare 3 of waves 1 & 2 are only discontinued for the time being. Which is expected. I assume more will be rereleased like Marth in the future. They aren't taking pre-orders anymore for wave 3 because the release is right around the corner. Once the figures are released, it's first come first serve unless you pre-ordered them, then you have 2 days to claim it. Also on the Gamecube adapter situation, they said that Nintendo is releasing more, but they don't have an official date yet. But apparently Nintendo said (according to my GameStop) that this will be the last time they'll release the controller and adapter. So jump on it fast before the scalpers take them.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm seriously considering buying a Little Mac off of a scalper for double or triple the MSRP. Someone please talk me out of it.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm seriously considering buying a Little Mac off of a scalper for double or triple the MSRP. Someone please talk me out of it.
I would but I just bought a Marth for $29 and almost bought a Pit for the same price. Do it!

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I gave in and got Rosalina off amazon. Can't give two ****s.

Also someone on another forum I'm on posted this:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I would but I just bought a Marth for $29 and almost bought a Pit for the same price. Do it!
I basically did the same thing (both for roughly $32, with Marth coming all the way from Japan, sometime during the last week of February/first week of March).

LATE EDIT: I mean last week of January/first week of February. My brain is fried. :facepalm:

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Someone else was asking me "why I cared about it", so I explained it in those "long paragraphs". I initially just posted a single image that updated people on the situation, and nothing else, without my opinion.

If you notice that there is a ban on the subject, don't bring it up. The discussion was dropped a page ago, you had no need to revive it regardless of the ban. If you must get your little digs in at me (like I just pointed out above, there is no other reason for you to have brought it up again), do it in PMs that I will ignore.
As I said above, I was reading through the page in order of the chronological posts.
No need to sound immature and make jabs at me which you ironically accuse me of doing when I'm simply responding to your own posts. Time to drop it, Sonic.

Spirst

@ GreenChaChing GreenChaChing Advertising a sale was explicitly stated to be against the rules in the OP of this thread and the Smashboards terms of service. As such, I've removed the posts but keep that in mind for the future.

Def mega man
Mega Man, no contest. He's a very popular third party character with a long history. Robin is from a popular franchise but it's not more recognizable than Mega Man.

Last edited:
@ GreenChaChing GreenChaChing Advertising a sale was explicitly stated to be against the rules in the OP of this thread and the Smashboards Terms of Service. As such, I've removed the posts but keep that in mind for the future.

Mega Man, no contest. He's a very popular third party character with a long history. Robin is from a popular franchise but it's not more recognizable than Mega Man.
do you think sonic will be as demanded as mega man?

Top Bottom