• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So anyone dabbled into the Party Amiibos ?
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4yoshi::4bowser:Toad
No offense dude, but you already acknowledged that majority of this room is in the US. It's starting to seem disrespectful to read your posts here and in the general leak thread that you have them preordered; you're leading people on and making them worry they missed their shot.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Anyone know if notchcomics is a reliable buyer? Thinking about grabbing Megaman from them.

Also thinking about possibly importing Ike from Game.co.uk, are they reliable?

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
No offense dude, but you already acknowledged that majority of this room is in the US. It's starting to seem disrespectful to read your posts here and in the general leak thread that you have them preordered; you're leading people on and making them worry they missed their shot.
So because I have them pre-ordered....... I can't ask the rest of these threads if they might have got them.
How am I supposed to know when you people get them.
I don't go re-searching every day for this. I just ask the people on here if they might have got them.
If anything it should help you because if they get them you might find out that they have become available.
As I have stated with you on multiple occasions I don't want a fight/argument but if it's that bad I shall stop posting about Wave 4/5 party amiibos.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I'm done searching at local and US stores for the rare ones. What are some reliable sites that I can import Amiibos for roughly the same retailer price as it is in the US?

D

Deleted member

These wave 3 screens. Why must Shulk come out later? I wanna see pics of his finalized figure...

I'm done searching at local and US stores for the rare ones. What are some reliable sites that I can import Amiibos for roughly the same retailer price as it is in the US?
UK eBay isn't too bad when it comes to pricing. I got Villager for $28. It's not as desirable as $12.99, sure, but it significantly better than the $60 I usually see him for.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So because I have them pre-ordered....... I can't ask the rest of these threads if they might have got them.
How am I supposed to know when you people get them.
I don't go re-searching every day for this. I just ask the people on here if they might have got them.
If anything it should help you because if they get them you might find out that they have become available.
As I have stated with you on multiple occasions I don't want a fight/argument but if it's that bad I shall stop posting about Wave 4/5 party amiibos.
I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do. What I am doing is expressing the feelings I get when I constantly see you ask the same question which it seems by now you should know the answer to. I'll also point out that at least four times you single handedly brought the conversation up to the table about amiibo preorders, to which people in the US responded, freaking out that they missed a preorder date. It comes across as inconsiderate and Show-offish, considering you've acknowledged that you are speaking to a majority who cannot get their orders yet. Many readers newly see your posts and don't know you are not in Europe.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do. What I am doing is expressing the feelings I get when I constantly see you ask the same question which it seems by now you should know the answer to. I'll also point out that at least four times you single handedly brought the conversation up to the table about amiibo preorders, to which people in the US responded, freaking out that they missed a preorder date. It comes across as inconsiderate and Show-offish, considering you've acknowledged that you are speaking to a majority who cannot get their orders yet. Many readers newly see your posts and don't know you are not in Europe.
Well to be honest I wanted a general consensuses on who lives where I live. In the UK.
It meant as a starting point to see who lived in the UK and that I could help them get their pre-orders done.
I try to be the nicest person on here and I am sorry if I ticked you off in this area.
You see it's the same for me coming here and listening and looking at the majority of you sending out help towards the US in the amiibo market.
I was only posting because I wanted to know who lived in the UK so I could help them out, but in future waves I shall point out where I got them from. Hope this reply helps :I

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well to be honest I wanted a general consensuses on who lives where I live. In the UK.
It meant as a starting point to see who lived in the UK and that I could help them get their pre-orders done.
I try to be the nicest person on here and I am sorry if I ticked you off in this area.
You see it's the same for me coming here and listening and looking at the majority of you sending out help towards the US in the amiibo market.
I was only posting because I wanted to know who lived in the UK so I could help them out, but in future waves I shall point out where I got them from. Hope this reply helps :I
I've read enough posts of yours to know you dont seem to be malicious. Was just reflecting back to you because it has happened now a number of times. All good bro.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
So the gamestop in my area won't let me pre-order any amiibo, not even the ones that aren't released yet. Says that pre-orders aren't being accepted anymore, kind of really sucks.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I got Marth and Wii Fit Trainer today, as well as another Falcon I'm keeping in the box. I have a second Marth and a Pit but I'm not keeping them.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
S'okay dude, I live in the UK, as you may or may not have known, and your posts do help~

GAME.co.uk has the Mario Party 10 amiibo listed, but not up for pre-order. Same for :4robinm::4lucina::4charizard::4pacman:.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Decided to bid on a Marth Amiibo on eBay for $28 and ended up being outbid the last 3 seconds by 50 cents. I'm sad...

EDIT: Cool. Just won a Marth for $29 and free shipping. But it's from Vietnam so it'll be here in two weeks or so...

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So the gamestop in my area won't let me pre-order any amiibo, not even the ones that aren't released yet. Says that pre-orders aren't being accepted anymore, kind of really sucks.
Yep. They stopped taking preorders for wave three about a week or two ago. That's actually what is good about Gamestop- they don't outsell what they cannot guarantee, unlike the other five American vendors of amiibo (Walmart, ToysRUs, Target, Best Buy, Amazon). I went through that with wave two- not missing any more if I can help it (Though each time I had it figured out in December, [when we were juggling the discontinued past wave, the impossible to find then current wave 2, and the up and coming wave 3, all at once] a new complication was added.) I've gotta say, this collection means SO MUCH more to me since I have had to invest my literal essence into getting it.

And so far, only 18 different figures are in my hands! Though at least its 2+ of each, from at least 12 different vendors. Oh my, this damned obsession.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Current Amiibo list:
:4yoshi::4luigi::4peach::4mario::4dk::4zelda:
:4link::4pikachu::4pit::4marth::4kirby:

Next week: :4bowser: and :4myfriends: appear.

Following week for my birthday: :4villager: and :4diddy:join. :4samus: has been hinted at.

:4littlemac: and :4falcon: currently elude me, but there's hints someone may be purchasing some amiibo for my upcoming birthday.

Most wanted for the upcoming waves(aside from Bowser and Ike) in order of desire:
  1. Toad. Not even up for debate, anyone who knows me or has read my username knows how I feel about Toad.
  2. :4wario:
  3. :4pacman:
  4. :4ness:
  5. :rosalina:(may have to get the Mario party version when it comes out later this year)
  6. :4dedede:
  7. :4tlink:
  8. :4lucario:
I'm cursed by the fact my priorities are backwards. My favourites that I end up pre-ordering are always the most common, whilst the ones I merely quite like end up being insanely rare. Not falling for it this time; preordering Ness as soon as I can.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I figure here would be a good place to ask.

So, I'm a huge EarthBound nut and really want that Ness amiibo. But I keep hearing that Ness will be very rare and either hard to come by, or overpriced.
Now I ain't willing to pay outta my nose for a plastic figure. But I do have a birthday coming up next month and will probably get some money I'll set aside for getting one of these.

Do any of you guys have and advice/tips on getting rare-ish amiibos? The Ness one is really the only thing I want out of this.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Yep. They stopped taking preorders for wave three about a week or two ago. That's actually what is good about Gamestop- they don't outsell what they cannot guarantee.
The thing is, though, is they wouldn't let me pre-order the Amiibo that were announced during the last Nintendo Direct. I went in 2 days after the Direct too.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I figure here would be a good place to ask.

So, I'm a huge EarthBound nut and really want that Ness amiibo. But I keep hearing that Ness will be very rare and either hard to come by, or overpriced.
Now I ain't willing to pay outta my nose for a plastic figure. But I do have a birthday coming up next month and will probably get some money I'll set aside for getting one of these.

Do any of you guys have and advice/tips on getting rare-ish amiibos? The Ness one is really the only thing I want out of this.
Keep watch for when pre-orders go live, and pre-order ASAP.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
It absolutely sucks that amiibos have turned into "pre-order 10 seconds after they're announced or else you can't get one hahahahahaha."

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Keep watch for when pre-orders go live, and pre-order ASAP.
That's it? There ain't more to it?

I've checked through this topic a lil' and I think I've came across something about regions.
Do certain regions have a higher chance to have 'em?
I live in Europe for the record.

EDIT: Checked german Amazon: they have all but Lil' Mac in stock (who is sold by other people for 30+€). Villager is more expensive than the rest for some reason.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's it? There ain't more to it?

I've checked through this topic a lil' and I think I've came across something about regions.
Do certain regions have a higher chance to have 'em?
I live in Europe for the record.
Well the other option is to be at your local Amiibo seller for when they open and pick up one from the shelves, since that stock doesn't go towards pre orders.

But yeah, those are the only two ways to GUARANTEE you get one. You could potentially try to buy one late and still get it, but there is no guarantee you'll get one that way.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Am I the only slightly bummed by the fact Jiggs isn't in this wave.
Seriously me display looks goofy as all hell without her.
:4luigi::4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4falcon::4villager:
:4ness::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::substitute::4wiifit:
S'okay dude, I live in the UK, as you may or may not have known, and your posts do help~

GAME.co.uk has the Mario Party 10 amiibo listed, but not up for pre-order. Same for :4robinm::4lucina::4charizard::4pacman:.
Yes actually this bugs me, They had them up for a day now they are unavailable. I do plan on get Mario party amiibo I mean I got all these.

Didn't get the Wind Waker one though and it bugs me but hey. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I kind of want stack them along my shelf and show them off.
Still want to know though why its the only thing from Wave 4 up for Pre-order and where the Devil Wario is.
If I see anything on the Us getting the amiibo I will come here As Soon as possible =3

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I live out in the boonies.
The closest thing that MIGHT have a stock on 'em would be like an hours drive.
In that case, your best bet is online pre-order. Just keep an eye out for when Ness goes up for pre-order.

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know if notchcomics is a reliable buyer? Thinking about grabbing Megaman from them.

Also thinking about possibly importing Ike from Game.co.uk, are they reliable?
Game are the UK equivalent of Gamestop.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
What'd you expect? If you have 100 of the same amibo, might as well sell them. That's just my thoughts though.

Honestly, whether you believe him or not about his apologies, it's probably best to move on. It doesn't really effect you much anyway.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
What'd you expect? If you have 100 of the same amibo, might as well sell them. That's just my thoughts though.

Honestly, whether you believe him or not about his apologies, it's probably best to move on. It doesn't really effect you much anyway.
Well, he didn't just happen to have them. He bought them with the intent of making them not available to anyone else and to make money off of them.

But yeah, I'm moving on too. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It's hard to move on when he is absolutely everywhere and everyone is either praising him as a hero or as some tortured and precious soul just because he "apologised".

Even ignoring that I have more problems with his apology beyond what has happened with the Rosalina Amiibo, his "apology" is effectively the equivalent to the 9/11 attackers saying "oh hey we killed a bunch of innocent people, BUT WE WERE JUST TROLLING, so it's OK and we'll stop now and we still respect American people".

Also, people are seriously even saying "oh hey I forgive you man...but eh...can I get one of dem Amiibos of ya? *wink wink nudge nudge*", which I find just as bad.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
It's hard to move on when he is absolutely everywhere and everyone is either praising him as a hero or as some tortured and precious soul just because he "apologised".

Even ignoring that I have more problems with his apology beyond what has happened with the Rosalina Amiibo, his "apology" is effectively the equivalent to the 9/11 attackers saying "oh hey we killed a bunch of innocent people, BUT WE WERE JUST TROLLING, so it's OK and we'll stop now and we still respect American people".

Also, people are seriously even saying "oh hey I forgive you man...but eh...can I get one of dem Amiibos of ya? *wink wink nudge nudge*", which I find just as bad.
Everywhere you say? I don't know where you go online but only information I ever heard about him was here.

Comparing his apologies to 9/11? Because death of people is equivalent to buying a lot of amiibos. Honestly you can't even compare an important event to a guy that buys toys and sell it just because they hate it.

Also you shouldn't care on what other people think of him and asking for an amiibo. Just ignore them. It doesn't effect you anyway.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Everywhere you say? I don't know where you go online but only information I ever heard about him was here.

Comparing his apologies to 9/11? Because death of people is equivalent to buying a lot of amiibos. Honestly you can't even compare an important event to a guy that buys toys and sell it just because they hate it.

Also you shouldn't care on what other people think of him and asking for an amiibo. Just ignore them. It doesn't effect you anyway.
YouTube and Tumblr have a lot of talk about him and I visit those sites a lot, so yeah, I see him everywhere I go on those sites. The Rosalina tag on Tumblr is 99% talk about him right now. It goes without saying that an actual Rosalina fan will see stuff about this situation more than someone who isn't.

And yes, you can compare them - the principle idea of what's happening is the same as the hypothetical, alternate 9/11 scenario I described (as 9/11 did not actually happen in the way I described) - person does bad thing and tries to avert the negative consequences by saying "it was a joke and I'm sorry", but does not do anything to fix or make up for the problem. I just provided an extreme example to drive the point home.

And I am perfectly entitled to voice my thoughts on something even if it doesn't effect me. I have my Rosalina Amiibo secured and will do the same for other Amiibos, but I still have every right to have a problem with what he's doing and update people on the current state of the situation (since most people were under the assumption that he didn't purchase any Amiibos in bulk due to his most recent video, but he's come out saying otherwise, so I'm updating people on that, and prompting them to be quick about it if they want to get a Rosalina Amiibo).

At least he isn't destroying them
Honestly? That would be better if he did. At least then, some people who aren't privy to the situation won't spend $100 on a $13 figure just because he bought up tons of them to force people into that situation. Those people will probably get their figures regardless, since they will be restocked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom