• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Walmart sent me an email and said my Sheik amiibo was delayed from Feb. 1st to Feb. 6th. Not sure if that means anything.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
My Captain Falcon is a ****.
He Walks towards me. He doesn't run.
He knows he can kick my *** so he waits and lets me come to him.
Then he kills me, and occasionally shouts Show me ya moves.
He's reading your approach. You can't come in with the same thing each time otherwise they will read it and punish you for it. They're thinking opponents like us at times, you've got to get creative on how to approach them or how to combo them. They may have memorized one character you use. Switch to your other main or a secondary character you use to play against them and see what happens. It takes practice and don't get discouraged if you lose to your Amiibo a lot. I have that happen a lot when I play certain characters against certain Amiibo. Like I can't play my :4falcon: against my :4pikachu: Amiibo. I always have to go :4duckhunt: or :rosalina: to beat him.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've had my Rosalina pre-ordered since the middle of December.

Why yes, I am paranoid and desperate when it comes to getting it.

EDIT: Someone on /r/amiibo got all of the Wave 3's (EU) in the mail today, and has pictures of them in brighter lighting:

I am even more impressed with the Rosalina Amiibo after seeing it in light. They actually got her gown to have a nice sheen to it like in the game (in this picture, it reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy's distinct art style especially well), and her face scuplt is too perfect.

Bowser also looks really cool, only real issues I have with him are how glossy he looks and how his jaws are two separate pieces on the figure, making him look a bit like an FNaF character. But overall, the detail on him is amazing.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik

EDIT: Someone on /r/amiibo got all of the Wave 3's (EU) in the mail today, and has pictures of them in brighter lighting:

I am even more impressed with the Rosalina Amiibo after seeing it in light. They actually got her gown to have a nice sheen to it like in the game (in this picture, it reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy's distinct art style especially well), and her face scuplt is too perfect.

Bowser also looks really cool, only real issues I have with him are how glossy he looks and how his jaws are two separate pieces on the figure, making him look a bit like an FNaF character. But overall, the detail on him is amazing.
Jealous...
Hopefully the US stock of Amiibo doesn't become utter chaos when they get released. I hope to get all the store exclusives first and hope there's enough available to last a day.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's some close ups from another guy. Unfortunately the lighting isn't as good:

Also, from France:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Here's some close ups from another guy. Unfortunately the lighting isn't as good:

Also, from France:

Notice how Rosalina is the only one isn't there........
:'( I hate not having her..........

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Damn. Rosalina from France is $40 before shipping. Little Mac is $58 from Germany! Meta Knight is only $22.50, though, which is the normal Euro price, even though it's expensive.... Man, I just can't be spending this much money. I can't justify buying any of these right now. Even though Meta Knight is cheap, they haven't even been released yet, so there's still a chance at getting one in the USA for $13.

I just can't get over how people are charging $58 for Mac. I like how Marth went back down to the normal price, though. Nintendo, print more of these freakin' things, huh?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
All these European countries breaking release date. God dangit. Why can't the UK do the same?
At least you'll be able to get what you want easily when they do come out over there and not have scour every store on release day, fail to grab them in time, and be forced to import from a different country. Just saying.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
At least you'll be able to get what you want easily when they do come out over there and not have scour every store on release day, fail to grab them in time, and be forced to import from a different country. Just saying.
No sympathy.:4myfriends:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Actually...it's not all that easy in the UK. We literally have no Little Mac's or Wii Fit Trainer's at a reasonable price, but hey, I've always liked a challenge.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
The Diddy Kong amiibo can hang from many different objects by it's tail :)! It's pretty neat.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Diddy Kong amiibo can hang from many different objects by it's tail :)! It's pretty neat.
Link can do it too with his pointy hat.

I saw someone hang Link's Amiibo on their Christmas tree as decoration once.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just noticed something that ticks me off.
Wii u box::4mario::4link::4dk::4samus::4kirby::4pikachu::4peach::4pit::4villager::4wiifit:
3ds box::4mario::4link::4dk::4yoshi::4kirby::4pikachu::4marth::4pit::4villager::rosalina::4littlemac:
Notice who's on the boxes......
:4marth::4pit::4villager::4wiifit::rosalina::4littlemac:
Every single Rare Amiibo.......
What the hell......
Surely this a coincidence......
I mean Good Grief.
Just thought I would bring it up.
Pretty irrelevant to your point, but Samus is on the 3DS box too.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Link can do it too with his pointy hat.

I saw someone hang Link's Amiibo on their Christmas tree as decoration once.
Interesting. Link does not hang nearly as well though XD. Diddy is truly like a monkey hanging with its tail from a tree.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed something that ticks me off.
Wii u box::4mario::4link::4dk::4samus::4kirby::4pikachu::4peach::4pit::4villager::4wiifit:
3ds box::4mario::4link::4dk::4yoshi::4kirby::4pikachu::4marth::4pit::4villager::rosalina::4littlemac:
Notice who's on the boxes......
:4marth::4pit::4villager::4wiifit::rosalina::4littlemac:
Every single Rare Amiibo.......
What the hell......
Surely this a coincidence......
I mean Good Grief.
Just thought I would bring it up.

Here is the expanded art if it means anything.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Someone please post here when Gamestop gets wave four and Super Mario Amiibo available for preorder.
I officially only deal with them for Amiibo when I can help it; all other places really screw up.

Why Little mac why not Mario
Ahh his loss. Good Money in that.
I think it's pretty damn funny he chose Lil Mac.
Makes it that much better.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So anyone know where I can find a Megaman in the US? I realized a bit too late I wanted him.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
NowinStock had Fox currently listed for Amazon. Went on Amazon's website, but it wouldn't add to my cart.

Checked again, and it says they're on back order and will be in on the 20th to those interested.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
NowinStock had Fox currently listed for Amazon. Went on Amazon's website, but it wouldn't add to my cart.

Checked again, and it says they're on back order and will be in on the 20th to those interested.
What about Falcon & Pit on Amazon & other retailers?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What about Falcon & Pit on Amazon & other retailers?
Apparently they pop up now and then, Falcon at least was up around 5am EST earlier today. Pit seems to be dead in the water. IDK if it's back order as well, haven't heard anything nor have I bothered to check.

All I know is that I caught a Fox listing for the 20th before it was taken down.

Toon Link seems to be up over at Walmart however.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
MORE WAVE 3 CLOSE-UPS:

Also:

And I am very sad to announce that the Rosalina Amiibo does not come packaged with a complimentary universe:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Even though I'm super biased, Rosalina and Luma is by far the best amiibo so far. She looks absolutely stunning. No one human character can compete with how well they got her face.

also tysm for that italian amazon link for her a while back. i was stressing out about how i was going to get her since Target's preorders were a mess and I didn't even have money at the time. and it's less than 30 USD to ship to the US from Italy. #you'realifesaver

As for amiibos in general, I'm only getting my mains'/secondaries' amiibos, so I'll only get like 5 or 6 amiibos. So far I have Samus, Peach, and Zelda. All I need are Rosalina and Luma (whom I have preordered) and Sheik (i'll just get her from amazon).
I might get ZSS and Palutena, but that purely depends on how good their amiibos look. Same goes for Greninja and Duck Hunt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom