• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Delaying Pac-Man and Wario when Lucina and Robin could use work. I don't get it.

Also, Target announced that they are closing in Canada. Wonder what that means for the Rosalina Amiibo...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Delaying Pac-Man and Wario when Lucina and Robin could use work. I don't get it.
When does STEAM come out?
Also, Target announced that they are closing in Canada. Wonder what that means for the Rosalina Amiibo...
Is that because of the Lawsuit?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
TOAD is not even on the Amiibo lineup on the official page.
What is this!?

EGEofficial

Smash Cadet
Who has the all of Wave 1 and 2? I'm pretty curious.
I do! Check it out :) imgur.com/a/8tZ3q

Yeah.. I was thinking the same thing!
Hopefully Canadian's aren't left out :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
To those in the UK, which store is most likely to have amiibo at retail price(£10.99)?

Smyths or GAME?
It really depends.
Game have most of them online at that price but then again it all comes down to the ones you want.
Tesco::4mario::4luigi::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4pikachu::4samus::4kirby:
Smyths: All of them.
Game: Most of them. Other than :4shulk::rosalina::4dedede::4metaknight::4villager::4marth::4littlemac::4wiifit:
Nintendo Store::4mario::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4fox::4samus::4pikachu::4link::4luigi: All £10:99
Now I have contacted Nintendo Customer services bout this. If the product is on their website it will come back in stock at some point if it won't it will took of the website completely. Like :4villager:
And Smyths I have no idea they say check on the release date but I don't trust that to be honest and I really want Rosalina.
Hope this helps :3

D

Deleted member

Oh my god Ness! <3

When I pick up Shulk I'll be putting Ness on preorder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
It really depends.
Game have most of them online at that price but then again it all comes down to the ones you want.
Tesco::4mario::4luigi::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4pikachu::4samus::4kirby:
Smyths: All of them.
Game: Most of them. Other than :4shulk::rosalina::4dedede::4metaknight::4villager::4marth::4littlemac::4wiifit:
Nintendo Store::4mario::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4fox::4samus::4pikachu::4link::4luigi: All £10:99
Now I have contacted Nintendo Customer services bout this. If the product is on their website it will come back in stock at some point if it won't it will took of the website completely. Like :4villager:
And Smyths I have no idea they say check on the release date but I don't trust that to be honest and I really want Rosalina.
Hope this helps :3
Thank you! <3
This really helps. I'll be going to Smyths on the 20th of February, so I'll pick some up. I pray to god I find Wii Fit Trainer and/or Little Mac.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Seriously though, Wario and especially Pac-Man look so nice. Why delay them randomly? Also why not wait for any of the mario series amiibo either? (Knowing our luck it would be Toad they delay)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Whoa, Villager is officially gone? Guess they're gonna make a different Villager eventually...

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Well after reading that article I can safely say Nintendo have no ****ing idea how to handle these things.
Why in gods name would they make that statement.
"retailer exclusives will be around as long as stores put the money up for them."
You know what that means,:4shulk:Used Shulk Amiibos. The retrun of Gamestop.
Why make these exclusives......
Why make them split in the UK
Say what I want abut Disney and Activisoon they know what they are doing with them.
With that said I don't see the argument about shelf space. Make them available Online. Good Grief.
I wish Nintendo realised people go nuts for these things.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Well after reading that article I can safely say Nintendo have no ****ing idea how to handle these things.
Why in gods name would they make that statement.
"retailer exclusives will be around as long as stores put the money up for them."
You know what that means,:4shulk:Used Shulk Amiibos. The retrun of Gamestop.
Why make these exclusives......
Why make them split in the UK
Say what I want abut Disney and Activisoon they know what they are doing with them.
With that said I don't see the argument about shelf space. Make them available Online. Good Grief.
I wish Nintendo realised people go nuts for these things.
Used Shulk amiibos...Great. Well, as long as he looks decent and still functions on the gamepad, i guess i'm ok with this...But Nintendo is really getting freaking annoying with this amiibo business.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So I stopped at best buy. I wasn't planning to get an amiibo today but I saw Samus. Knowing that she isn't easy to find as it used to be, so I picked it up. It was the last Samus amiibo too. The rest of their amiibo they had on stock are just the common ones obviously and Diddy. Sadly there was no Fox.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So I stopped at best buy. I wasn't planning to get an amiibo today but I saw Samus. Knowing that she isn't easy to find as it used to be, so I picked it up. It was the last Samus amiibo too. The rest of their amiibo they had on stock are just the common ones obviously and Diddy. Sadly there was no Fox.
Well I just noticed on Best Buy's website that they're selling Fox again. Better hurry.

EDIT: Never mind, store pick up only. :rolleyes:

EDIT2: Looked at NowinStock, turns out they sold out in 8 minutes. >_>

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The Marth comment made it sound as if no one will be discontinued.
I could be wrong, of course...
but so much hostility since we have heard ACTUAL news?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Dammitall, now I have to wait until May to get Wario?

They also have no idea how to handle the Majora's Mask NDS nonsense. Scalpers have already snatched them all up. A few of my friends really wanted one, and are decidedly displeased.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Nintendo was not always this bad with supply... what happened?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The news is out that between release day and New Years, Nintendo sold over 2 million Amiibo in the USA alone, roughly twice the number of sales for Smash Wii U. Amiibo are a huge success, but... how many MORE sales would they make if they kept anything but Mario and Link on shelves? I hope the fact that they're re-releasing Marth indicates that past rare Amiibo might see reprints one at a time. Just flood the market with Marth. Hopefully. There's half a dozen other characters I'd like to see become more common, too.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So are Robin and Lucina not up for preorder yet? Guy at Gamestop said they weren't. I better not miss them...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Still not sure if he actually has the Amiibos or not, but this guy is just pathetic, and I'm honestly shocked by how readily people are suddenly praising him as a hero.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wow someone got a lucario amiibo before it got release (so what toys r us did he go too) (nintendo said lucario is a toys r us exclusive)

And i feel so bad for canada since target is the only way to find rosalina (i guess they got to get rosalina by ebay/internet)

Dammitall, now I have to wait until May to get Wario?

They also have no idea how to handle the Majora's Mask NDS nonsense. Scalpers have already snatched them all up. A few of my friends really wanted one, and are decidedly displeased.
Look on the bright side mewtwo will be in are hands before that time so mewtwo will help us wait

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That person who got Lucario got it from a European retailer. Some of the Amazon sites in Europe are breaking street date, I think.

LF2K

Floor Diver
No, but that's where I found it. :p Thought I should share it here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom