• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Nintendo was not always this bad with supply... what happened?
It's partially supply problems I'm sure, but something I've noticed is that ever since news of discontinuation regarding some of the first wave swept the internet, in tandem with those disfigured amiibos that sold for hefty sums (though that trend died off quickly), scalpers poured onto the scene. Now they're everywhere, snatching up anything Nintendo related that's limited edition.

Scalpers have always been a thing, but not to this degree.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You'd think Wario would be the one trying to get rich quick.
Too bad, Waluigi time.

EDIT: Just discovered something pretty shocking.

I was checking the Smyths website to see if any new info on their Amiibo situation has surfaced. When I checked the Rosalina Amiibo listing, the date was changed from 23rd January to TBC 2015. This is the only upcoming Amiibo they have done this for. Everyone else still has their 23rd January/20th February release date.

In the past, this only happened when stock ran out for an Amiibo, or if the Amiibo ended up never arriving to Ireland. Little Mac seemingly was never sold anywhere in Ireland, and he is listed as that. The holy trinity were also listed as that, and I don't recall ever seeing them there.

So it seems I made the right choice in keeping my Amazon pre-order. Rosalina may very well not be arriving to Ireland, or at least not to Smyths (the holy trinity did arrive to Argos, and GameStop Ireland's online store).

EDIT2: Actually, GameStop Ireland is listing Rosalina already, and all of the others...

I might cancel the Amazon Germany order and order off GameStop instead. At the same time though, I'm not sure I trust them, as their stock was greatly exaggerated in the past.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I don't suppose anyone can link or PM a link so I can purchase a Rosalina and/ or Meta Knight Amiibo.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Can I possibly pre order Wave 4 in the US anywhere? I must catch em all, especially Charizard. I look forward to Greninja next maybe wave 5.

Jonarobin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PowerMiner
http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/line-up/
The amiibo site no longer lists Ness as March and the rest of the new wave in may, it now says "Spring 2015".

Someone had a theory that they will release the fire emblem amiibo in March to coincide with the release of Codename STEAM, that sounds pretty cool, no idea if they'll really do that or not though.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
For Wave 4 I'll be hunting for...
:4robinm: :4lucina:

May get :4charizard: but I'm not too sure.

D

Deleted member

This is what I imagine what amiibo scalpers look like.
"You, my little angel friend are going to make me biiiiiiiiiig buck buck bucks!"

I think they get them all in February Over here we get.
:rosalina::4lucario::4tlink::4myfriends::4bowser::4sheik: in a week
:4shulk::4sonic::4megaman::4metaknight::4dedede: 20/02/15
And then :4ness::4pacman::4wario2::4charizard::4robinm::4lucina:in April 24th 2015
Oh and by the way guys got all these pre-ordered :4ness::4pacman::4robinm::4lucina::4charizard: Just waiting for Wario:4wario:
Also Got toad =3
Preorders for Ness are available? Guess I know what I'm going to be doing when I get out of midterms next week.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Well, the amiibo website is down. :l
An error has occured
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: ""

Cocoon stacktrace[hide]

Cannot invoke public java.util.Date java.text.DateFormat.parse(java.lang.String) throws java.text.ParseException; Unparseable date: ""
context://noa3/jx/layout/macros.xml - 1182:171<jx:formatDate>
context://noa3/jx/amiibo/home.xml - 78:91<hotlistAmiibo>
context://noa3/jx/layout/macros.xml - 31:32<jx:import>
context://noa3/jx/layout/base.xml - 89:64<importHead>
context://noa3/sitemap.xmap - 3986:34<map:serialize type="xhtml">
context://noa3/sitemap.xmap - 3985:33<map:transform type="i18n">
context://noa3/sitemap.xmap - 3984:53<map:transform>
context://noa3/sitemap.xmap - 3983:49<map:transform>
context://noa3/sitemap.xmap - 3977:55<map:generate type="jx">
context://sitemap.xmap - 628:65<map:mount>
Java stacktrace[hide]

java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: ""
at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:357)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor61.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.apache.commons.jxpath.functions.MethodFunction.invoke(MethodFunction.java:93)
at org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.compiler.ExtensionFunction.computeValue(ExtensionFunction.java:102)
at org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.getValue(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:353)
at org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathCompiledExpression.getValue(JXPathCompiledExpression.java:68)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.getValue(JXTemplateGenerator.java:787)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.getValue(JXTemplateGenerator.java:809)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.access$100(JXTemplateGenerator.java:119)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator$StartFormatDate.format(JXTemplateGenerator.java:1774)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2970)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2810)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2775)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.call(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2538)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2920)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2775)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:3164)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.toDOMNodeList(JXTemplateGenerator.java:3232)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2829)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.call(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2538)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2920)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.performGeneration(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2498)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.generate(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2489)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:368)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:481)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:144)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:47)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:131)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:69)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:143)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:69)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:93)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:235)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:177)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:254)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNode.java:118)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:47)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MatchNode.invoke(MatchNode.java:108)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:143)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:93)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:235)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ConcreteTreeProcessor.process(ConcreteTreeProcessor.java:177)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:254)
at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:699)
at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1154)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at com.nintendo.noa3.filters.CountrySelectorFilter.doFilter(CountrySelectorFilter.java:159)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at com.nintendo.noa3.filters.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:85)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at com.nintendo.noa3.filters.CategoryFilter.doFilter(CategoryFilter.java:53)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:581)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:200)
at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:775)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:704)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:897)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Java full stacktrace[hide]

org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator$JXTException: Cannot invoke public java.util.Date java.text.DateFormat.parse(java.lang.String) throws java.text.ParseException; Unparseable date: ""
at <jx:formatDate> - file:/opt/webapps/nintendo/cocoon/noa3/jx/layout/macros.xml:1182:171
at <hotlistAmiibo> - file:/opt/webapps/nintendo/cocoon/noa3/jx/amiibo/home.xml:78:91
at <jx:import> - file:/opt/webapps/nintendo/cocoon/noa3/jx/layout/macros.xml:31:32
at <importHead> - file:/opt/webapps/nintendo/cocoon/noa3/jx/layout/base.xml:89:64
at <map:serialize type="xhtml"> - file:/opt/webapps/nintendo/cocoon/noa3/sitemap.xmap:3986:34
at <map:transform type="i18n"> - file:/opt/webapps/nintendo/cocoon/noa3/sitemap.xmap:3985:33
at <map:transform> - file:/opt/webapps/nintendo/cocoon/noa3/sitemap.xmap:3984:53
at <map:transform> - file:/opt/webapps/nintendo/cocoon/noa3/sitemap.xmap:3983:49
at <map:generate type="jx"> - file:/opt/webapps/nintendo/cocoon/noa3/sitemap.xmap:3977:55
at <map:mount> - file:/opt/webapps/nintendo/cocoon/sitemap.xmap:628:65
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2976)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2810)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:3164)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.toDOMNodeList(JXTemplateGenerator.java:3232)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2829)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.performGeneration(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2498)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.generate(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2489)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:368)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:481)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:144)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:131)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNode.java:118)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MatchNode.invoke(MatchNode.java:108)
at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:699)
at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1154)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at com.nintendo.noa3.filters.CountrySelectorFilter.doFilter(CountrySelectorFilter.java:159)
at com.nintendo.noa3.filters.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:85)
at com.nintendo.noa3.filters.CategoryFilter.doFilter(CategoryFilter.java:53)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:581)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:200)
at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:775)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:704)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:897)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathInvalidAccessException: Cannot invoke public java.util.Date java.text.DateFormat.parse(java.lang.String) throws java.text.ParseException; Unparseable date: ""
at org.apache.commons.jxpath.functions.MethodFunction.invoke(MethodFunction.java:99)
at org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.compiler.ExtensionFunction.computeValue(ExtensionFunction.java:102)
at org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.getValue(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:353)
at org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathCompiledExpression.getValue(JXPathCompiledExpression.java:68)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.getValue(JXTemplateGenerator.java:787)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.getValue(JXTemplateGenerator.java:809)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.access$100(JXTemplateGenerator.java:119)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator$StartFormatDate.format(JXTemplateGenerator.java:1774)
at org.apache.cocoon.generation.JXTemplateGenerator.execute(JXTemplateGenerator.java:2970)
... 62 more
Caused by: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: ""
at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:357)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor61.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.apache.commons.jxpath.functions.MethodFunction.invoke(MethodFunction.java:93)
... 70 more

The Apache Cocoon Project
EDIT: Back up again! :D

Last edited:

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Actually I beg to differ this statement Got my :4ness::4ness::4pacman::4pacman::4robinm::4lucina::4charizard: Ordered.
Are you in EU or US or JPN? I prefer US sites since shipping is cheaper and I don't have to convert currencies. Please let us know where we can pre order I need these in my life.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Amiibo wave 4 are preorderable in US? WHERE?

The news is out that between release day and New Years, Nintendo sold over 2 million Amiibo in the USA alone, roughly twice the number of sales for Smash Wii U. Amiibo are a huge success, but... how many MORE sales would they make if they kept anything but Mario and Link on shelves? I hope the fact that they're re-releasing Marth indicates that past rare Amiibo might see reprints one at a time. Just flood the market with Marth. Hopefully. There's half a dozen other characters I'd like to see become more common, too.
I'm nervous all the reprinting will make finishing the first print of the smash like take all year.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Are you in EU or US or JPN? I prefer US sites since shipping is cheaper and I don't have to convert currencies. Please let us know where we can pre order I need these in my life.
In America.
Where the heck did you pre-order these, my friend?

I need to get my Toad pre-ordered.
I'm in the UK. Sorry if the hopes were high :I
I get that this is a US website an most people assume it.
If any of you are in the UK I can help :3
But know this I spoke with someone to Nintendo and they said next week should be when the bombshells start a coming :)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm in the UK. Sorry if the hopes were high :I
I get that this is a US website an most people assume it.
If any of you are in the UK I can help :3
But know this I spoke with someone to Nintendo and they said next week should be when the bombshells start a coming :)
I'm UK too. Checked Amazon and Game but neither have preorders for the new amiibos at current. Who did you go with?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Ok, so I shopped for more amiibos today. I ended up with Diddy Kong and a 2nd mario for custom painting purposes. I checked 3 gamestops in 1 city, and best buy to look for an Fox amiibo but no luck. I also went to Target but I knew Fox wasn't going to be there but I was still curious if they had any amiibo I would be interested in. Sadly enough there wasn't. At least I got something though.

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I had a 2nd Dream Cup for my amiibos last week but never got around to posting it here:

2nd Dream Cup

Format: 6 Player Bracket
Stock: 2 Stock
Stock Time: 6 minutes

Participants (Green=Seed into Round 2, based off previous results):
:4mario: Firelord M
:4falcon: Cpt Norris

:4kirby: Kurvy
:4yoshi: Lord Dream
:4luigi: Dreamy L
:4link: Ravio

ROUND 1
Match 1: :4kirby: vs. :4yoshi: | Winner: :4kirby:
Match 2: :4luigi: vs. :4link: | Winner: :4luigi:

ROUND 2

Match 1: :4mario: vs. :4kirby: | Winner: :4mario:

Match 2: :4falcon: vs. :4luigi: | Winner: :4luigi:

3RD PLACE MATCH:

3rd Place Match: :4kirby: vs. :4falcon: | Winner: :4falcon:

FINAL ROUND:

Final Match: :4mario: vs. :4luigi: | Winner: :4mario:

FINAL RESULTS:

1st: :4mario:
2nd: :4luigi:
3rd: :4falcon:

So...

:4mario:Firelord M goes back to back, and further proves he's my best amiibo fighter. However, :4luigi: Dreamy L gave the champ a run for his money, that final match was real entertaining to watch. :4yoshi: Lord Dream and :4link: Ravio continue to struggle, as in both Dream Cups they failed to make it out of Round 1. Ravio was giving Dreamy L a good fight in Round 1 though, it was one of the few matches that had to go into a 3rd game in the set (each match is a best 2 out of 3). :4kirby: Kurvy had no trouble beating Lord Dream though, I still don't understand his (:4yoshi:'s) struggles.

So to look at the "Medal Count"
Firsts | Seconds | Thirds (Total)
:4mario: 2 | 0 | 0 (2)
:4falcon: 0 | 1 | 1 (2)
:4luigi: 0 | 1 | 0 (1)
:4kirby: 0 | 0 | 1 (1)
:4yoshi: 0 | 0 | 0 (0)
:4link: 0 | 0 | 0 (0)

I might try a different format next time. I could do King's Court, (3 rooms, winners go up, losers go down) somehow just have every character fight each other once and count the wins, or maybe something else (I'm open to suggestions :3 )

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I picked up Peach and Samus Amiibos just now. Not sure who was saying that Samus is dying out because she was plentiful at my GameStop.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Is it true that TRU are reselling Falcon & Pit? It doesn't say at Now In Stock, but I'm tempted to call my local TRU to see.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Is it true that TRU are reselling Falcon & Pit? It doesn't say at Now In Stock, but I'm tempted to call my local TRU to see.
While this isnt a confirmation, someone I know who works at TRU did suddenly ask me about Pit and Falcon. That said, I remain skeptical, albeit hopeful.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I think I'm gonna order a Little Mac from Europe tomorrow. I wish Meta Knight was out in Europe so I could order them at the same time... I'm afraid to wait that long to order a Mac, though, since he's so incredibly scarce. I really hate losing all that money in shipping!

I have hope that I'll be able to buy a Rosalina or Lucario off the shelf, though, so I'm in no hurry for those two.

I have personal reasons for disliking Best Buy in general, so unless their shelves are overflowing with Meta Knight, I'm determined to buy him overseas. I'd rather not give BB my money.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
While this isnt a confirmation, someone I know who works at TRU did suddenly ask me about Pit and Falcon. That said, I remain skeptical, albeit hopeful.
They were there a few days ago apparently at my local store. But they were sold out immediately :(
I guess I'll have to wait awhile to get my main :4falcon:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I just bought some shelves to have my amiibos on display. Two large pieces and two small ones. I'll see if I could mess around with them and get a Battlefield look to it.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
The Amiibo Cup Season 7 will go on January 17th with a rule change. It will be 2 Stock and 5 Minutes rather than being 2 Stock and 6 Minutes.

The Amiibo Showdown ruleset has been decided as well. The ruleset is a 150 HP Stamina battle at Boxing Ring. It will go in the same type of round robin and playoff system as the Amiibo Cup. Rule changes may occur over time depending on how long the whole thing takes in the first few seasons. Season 1 will be coming soon!

Who will be crowned the best figure?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The Amiibo Cup Season 7 will go on January 17th with a rule change. It will be 2 Stock and 5 Minutes rather than being 2 Stock and 6 Minutes.

The Amiibo Showdown ruleset has been decided as well. The ruleset is a 150 HP Stamina battle at Boxing Ring. It will go in the same type of round robin and playoff system as the Amiibo Cup. Rule changes may occur over time depending on how long the whole thing takes in the first few seasons. Season 1 will be coming soon!

Who will be crowned the best figure?
I don't do this whole bit you do--

But I can say, none of my amiibo were personally trained, they were all trained against each other in 8player smash. I use them to farm for custom moves, and the one thing I regularly notice is that if a game lasts over 40 minutes, the winner is usually Captain Falcon. He and Pit were only recently added to the mix (I've only opened 12 of them so far), but he always wins the 8player long games.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I don't do this whole bit you do--

But I can say, none of my amiibo were personally trained, they were all trained against each other in 8player smash. I use them to farm for custom moves, and the one thing I regularly notice is that if a game lasts over 40 minutes, the winner is usually Captain Falcon. He and Pit were only recently added to the mix (I've only opened 12 of them so far), but he always wins the 8player long games.
I've also noticed Captain Falcon tends to win, but with the knockback and damage buffs, he has a huge liability against good counters. He was at roughly 10% damage and used his F-Smash on a Marth Amiibo on Final Destination (slightly off center but towards the middle) and was KOed instantly after jumping to over 60%.

Top Bottom