• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I will Buy Waluigi the son of anarchy.
And I will buy Daisy because HI I'M DAISY.
Also Toad and whatever other new characters,
Now then.
LISTEN UP UK AMIIBO COLLECTORS/FANSI just recently contacted Support on the Nintendo Uk store. Was greeted by a gentleman who had a very lovely talk with me about Pokémon as he was a fan :) But he pacifically stated they are coming back in stock and that if she wasn't they would completely remove her from the website so it doesn't look like they are teasing their fans :D
So Yeah ROSALINA Hype :3

Plagiarism at it's finest.

I just noticed the Mario series Rosalina amiibo in the MP10 Amiibo trailer. So it's safe to say DK, Rosalina, and Wario will be getting their own Mario series amiibo. It's interesting though since I wonder if that will make the Smash Rosalina a little less harder to get, it's also a good alternate for people who can't find a Smash Rosalina amiibo. I'll still be gunning for Smash Rosalina, as it has Luma :3

I'm Just the same Smash RosaLuma is something I really want to pick-up
Also :4wario2:Classic Wario gonna get him along with Toad, daisy and Waluigi.
Speaking of which is DK returning to playable status in Mario Party 10 :D:4dk:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Slightly underwhelmed with Captain Toad's amiibo compatibility(Hide and Seek, what?), but like everyone else; I'm getting Toad.

Honestly can see Toad being the one Mario series character from this wave that everyone is going to want to get. I'm preordering as soon as I can.

Wario and Pac-Man are must haves, and I may grab a Ness just because.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Why do people want a Pokemon line? Even if they only had the final stage of each evolution that's still like 300 amiibo - I don't think anyone's wallet is ready for that unless they're Bill Gates.

Plus there was that Rumble U NFC stuff that went on a while back.

Out of the Wave 4 amiibo, my favorites look-wise are Ness and Charizard. They just hit it on the nose with those two.
I think if there were Pokemon amiibo they would just do major/popular Pokemon, like Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig, those ones.

To comment more on the Mario series amiibo, I didn't see it coming. I only thought games that read AND saved amiibo data would get amiibo series... and I was right. Kinda. But I wasn't expecting for Mario Party 10 to be one of those titles. So it looks like Mario Party 10 might be the only "Mario" game that saves amiibo data. It would be a total ****fest if you had the Mario amiibos but had to keep erasing their data to keep using them in different games that save amiibo data. It's a similar situation in Smash but the difference is they have their own amiibo line.

If I was interested in Mario Party 10's amiibo mode then I would probably purchase separate amiibos for that game, the Mario ones (but I'm not interested, only getting Toad of course.)

Also, what other games do you think will get their own amiibo series?
I'm thinking:
-Animal Crossing Wii U
-Star Fox
-Next Gen Pokemon game, using the New 3DS.

I think Wooly World will operate similar to Kirby: Rainbow Curse in terms of amiibo.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Oh my god. Robin's amiibo...
He looks like someone else but I cant tell who. Anywho... he doesn't look like Robin.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
So yeah does anyone know when the next wave amiibos will be up for pre order? I'd die if I count get my hands on :4ness::4robinm:

Im already bummed I missed my chance for the Majora's Mask New 3DS. (Hopefully they make a lot of them)

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
So yeah does anyone know when the next wave amiibos will be up for pre order? I'd die if I count get my hands on :4ness::4robinm:

Im already bummed I missed my chance for the Majora's Mask New 3DS. (Hopefully they make a lot of them)
The MM 3DS is back on Best Buy atm. I don't think it'll go rare since it is a console after all.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm hoping to get the following:

Wave 4: :4pacman::4ness: and maybe :4lucina: (though I'm sure Ness and Lucina will be hard to find initially)
Mario: :4peach: (prefer her pose in this to her Smash Bros. pose) and Toad (hoping to get :4wario2: and Waluigi when they inevitably come out - I'd rather have Wario in his classic costume) - I have no interest in Mario Party 10, but I know that my brother really wants Toad as an amiibo, and it would be weird to have all of the major Mario characters but Peach.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
The MM 3DS is back on Best Buy atm. I don't think it'll go rare since it is a console after all.
Thank you! I just pre-odered it. Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time and it would be super cool to have this special edition 3DS.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There will be something seriously wrong if Pac-Man is rare.

He's literally the most recognizable video game character.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I was bummed when i found out Fox got discontinued awhile ago, he's the only wave 1/2 amiibo i wanted honestly, lol. Definitely gonna grab Bowser and Lucario when Wave 3 hits in February. Although i still wouldnt mind a Fox amiibo for training, anyone know a place to find him in Southern Cal.? : P

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was bummed when i found out Fox got discontinued awhile ago, he's the only wave 1/2 amiibo i wanted honestly, lol. Definitely gonna grab Bowser and Lucario when Wave 3 hits in February. Although i still wouldnt mind a Fox amiibo for training, anyone know a place to find him in Southern Cal.? : P
I'm pretty sure only Target discontinued Fox, maybe GameStop too. He's widely available online anyway.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I saw 4 Samus Amiibos at my GameStop today. So much for being discontinued. Also I saw a full row of Mario there too lol

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed the Mario series Rosalina amiibo in the MP10 Amiibo trailer. So it's safe to say DK, Rosalina, and Wario will be getting their own Mario series amiibo. It's interesting though since I wonder if that will make the Smash Rosalina a little less harder to get, it's also a good alternate for people who can't find a Smash Rosalina amiibo. I'll still be gunning for Smash Rosalina, as it has Luma :3

DK confirmed too.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Slightly underwhelmed with Captain Toad's amiibo compatibility(Hide and Seek, what?), but like everyone else; I'm getting Toad.

Honestly can see Toad being the one Mario series character from this wave that everyone is going to want to get. I'm preordering as soon as I can.

Wario and Pac-Man are must haves, and I may grab a Ness just because.
I hope that Toad amiibo ends up outselling other Mario character amiibos... and that will convince Nintendo that Toad is super popular and they go ahead and make one more Toad's own game.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I hope that Toad amiibo ends up outselling other Mario character amiibos... and that will convince Nintendo that Toad is super popular and they go ahead and make one more Toad's own game.
Or **** Toad and make Shy Guy the star!
Shy Guy needs more love...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
When was Majora's Mask 3D on preorder?
It's a shame that Nintendo supply lately means preorder or miss out; I was not prepared to preorder until January. Shame on my foolhardy self.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Anyone notice a difference between euro/ German amiibos and north American ones? Or are they the same China made?

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
I think preordering Robin and Luci's amiibos was quite possibly the best purchase I've made as of yet.

So that means now I've got 7 amiibo headed my way to join Pikachu.

For now the collection's going to look like this:

:4pikachu:(:4luigi::4zelda::4bowser::rosalina::4mario::4robinm::4lucina:)

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I think preordering Robin and Luci's amiibos was quite possibly the best purchase I've made as of yet.

So that means now I've got 7 amiibo headed my way to join Pikachu.

For now the collection's going to look like this:

:4pikachu:(:4luigi::4zelda::4bowser::rosalina::4mario::4robinm::4lucina:)
Where did you preorder robin and lucina?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Just imported Rosalina and Shulk. Can't wait for them. :D

Probably will be only getting Jigglypuff from the smash line and then wait for other series edition amiibos like Kirby with (hopefully) Bandana Dee.

So I had the opportunity to get some rare amiibos I was missing. Unfortunately, the shipment came in bad shape. I'll avoid buying in bulk from international sellers from now on. If anyone is interested here's the imgur album showcasing the condition they arrived in.
I better watch out then. Granted, reading this thread all of you guys imported from some german website. The website I ordered at was apparently french.

Also, looking at some videos and comments in other places, I don't understand why people care about having to delete Smash amiibo data for it to work in other games. Leveling it up to 50 isn't that hard, nor is it that exciting to have it at 50.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Anyone notice a difference between euro/ German amiibos and north American ones? Or are they the same China made?
All amiibos are region-free, so you could order one from Germany or Japan and they'd act the same.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
So, will the Toad amiibo not be compatible with Sm4sh? They said all of the Super Mario amiibo would work completely identical to the Smash amiibo, but I mean Toad didn't have one.... so..... idk it just got me thinking. Maybe not something big but possible some sort of unlockable or maybe I will just need to start getting used to the fact that not all amiibo are going to work with all games.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/245206-...th-american-launch-months-to-be-march-and-may

Something tells me that Pac Man will become rare based on this news. Not sure why they're splitting up Wave 4, hopefully it means Wave 5 will be released around June.
I'm not here to question the logic of the amiibo choices--- but honestly I wonder what even makes anything of a Wave part of the same wave, other than being announced at the same time. I hope this site is incorrect, it would be a pity to see Wario and Pacman out TWO MONTHS after the rest of the line.

I was initially very shocked to see so many waves released so closely back to back... and also a bit upset, monetarily. I am sure it had something to do with getting them in for Holiday preorders, but stock issues clearly showed they could not be handled here. I have no doubt that Nintendo is taking it a bit slower working on building stock, and backorders of stock for previous characters (though, I do wish they would focus more on future characters first, before reprinting Marth 3 times). Adding Super Mario into the mix now is going to make it take... quite a while before the Smash line is released. It will be frustrating to wait until the end of 2015 for the completion of this amiibo line.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo must be loving all this. They must be thinking that amiibo are their best idea yet.

So far, my priorities for Wave 3/4 (UK wayyyy) are- :4shulk::4myfriends::4sheik::rosalina::4tlink:.
Wave 5- :4robinm::4lucina::4ness::4charizard:.

I'm surprised that they haven't announced Greninja yet, or Zamus. Or Palutena.

Top Bottom