• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Khao

Smash Lord
Daaaamn.

Looks like the second wave of amiibos in my local store (and every other that I know of) got delayed by another freaking month.

At least I got confirmation that yes, I got Pit safely pre-ordered. And this store generally handles pre-orders pretty well, so I'm sure I have one guaranteed, even if I'll get it at freaking February 20th.

Meanwhile, third wave preorders are not even open yet. I really, really hope I manage to get Mega Man at some point.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So in pounds that be about £23......Gosh darn.
Oh well I tried converting and it comes out as $23 is £15.16.
If anyone knows if this is correct can you let me know, Thanks :)

Oh wonderful another year alone.

I just know that 1 british pound approximately equals 1.2 US dollars, and 1 euro approximately equals 1.5 US dollars, last time I checked.

Also, I know what you mean about the whole alone thing. It's rough. Most of my friends got married, seems like. Single guys have to support each other sometimes. Ain't nobody else gonna do it, after all. Isn't it something how us guys tend to do the lone wolf thing when we get lonely? Seems counter-intuitive.

I haven't dated anyone since 2010 or something, I think.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You're never alone.

You can always "play" with your Amiibos.

Especially if they are waifu tier to you.

:p

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You're never alone.

Even they can't be very friendly what with them staying in the box and what-not.
The only one out with is :4falcon:........Eh Lord and Saviour-Best friend and soon:4ness:
I just know that 1 british pound approximately equals 1.2 US dollars, and 1 euro approximately equals 1.5 US dollars, last time I checked.

Also, I know what you mean about the whole alone thing. It's rough. Most of my friends got married, seems like. Single guys have to support each other sometimes. Ain't nobody else gonna do it, after all. Isn't it something how us guys tend to do the lone wolf thing when we get lonely? Seems counter-intuitive.

I haven't dated anyone since 2010 or something, I think.
Eh Bros come first I guess :)
Every lone :wolf: has to get out and their and find the one.
And also Do you think my price is on or way off.
Got to have me some :rosalina: can't have her being the one left out the collection.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
You're never alone.

1. I don't play like that.
2. It's a plastic decoration, not a person.
3. Pretty sure discussing such things is against the global rules.

Sorry, I didn't find your post very funny.

PF9

Smash Lord
If they make a Wario Amiibo, and I get one, I'll probably name it Terrance or Phillip. Any guesses as to why I would use either name?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
1. I don't play like that.
2. It's a plastic decoration, not a person.
3. Pretty sure discussing such things is against the global rules.

Sorry, I didn't find your post very funny.
I was making a joke about the juxtaposition of bringing in musings of lack of companionship in a topic about Amiibos, of all places.

You didn't have to take it so literally and seriously.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I was making a joke about the juxtaposition of bringing in musings of lack of companionship in a topic about Amiibos, of all places.

You didn't have to take it so literally and seriously.
I wasn't the one who brought up Valentine's or lonliness, was I? I wasn't the one suggesting snuggling up to an Amiibo, was I? Don't blame me. You made an off-color joke, whatever. Let's move on with life.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wasn't the one who brought up Valentine's or lonliness, was I? I wasn't the one suggesting snuggling up to an Amiibo, was I? Don't blame me. You made an off-color joke, whatever. Let's move on with life.
I never said you did? Notice how my post wasn't in reply to you, it was just a standalone post poking fun at that line of discussion, with no ill will.

You are getting unreasonably riled up about this. We'll just leave it at that, I don't want drama over a silly little joke.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Alright get back on topic. Just be careful when making a joke sometimes.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Secured a MK amiibo... Early.

I'll pick it up around my birthday.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
So tonight I should be able to get my Luigi and Zelda amiibo. Especially Zelda considering there's like two of the cheapest ones left on eBay. Luigi has less priority since there's more than 10 available.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Got my acrylic steps today to present my amiibos adequately… Collection complete and I can lean back for about one week, when the hunting starts again. This will keep us collectors busy for month to come :)

Kudos on the virtual boy

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
My custom fire mario amiibo is coming up to planning. My birthday is coming soon so let's see how this goes.

While I'm talking about amibos, I decided to make an update on my amiibo analysis that I haven't done in awhile. What is this now? Part 4? You can find part 1 on the first page or something.

Since Bidizzle and Lugy are my 2 best amiibo, I wonder if I can ruin the fun of having a 1v1v1 match with them. :)
So the way on how they played was pretty good. I know Lugy would do well since he has done 1v2s before. Bidizzle was more focused on 1v1s but still did good. I usually try to team with Bidizzle and gang up on Lugy since it is hard to fight him on a 1v1 with his shielding powers of healing and exploding. Both of them are pretty hard on 1v1s anyway.

I'm afraid to admit that Bidizzle may have reached his limit on fighting me. At least it seems like that. Don't get me wrong, he is still my best, but I gotten better on fighting them and win a lot more often now. I won't reset him though because he still learns here and there but I don't know. Hopefully we'll see our custom mario amiibo (which I haven't decided on a name yet) that I'll get eventually can get some improvements.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Here's hoping we get official North American release dates for wave 3 in the morning. The best news would be that they're going to manufacture more rare Amiibo, though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got word from Amazon that my Marth import has finally shipped. Thankfully it's the last amiibo I really care about from Wave 1/2 beyond the original 12 who I can hold off on. It's going to look good on my shelf next to my copies of FE1/3/11/12. lol

LF2K

Floor Diver
Hopefully they'll give us a release date for Wave 3 today. Glad I got Ike and Mega Man reserved.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
:4ness: amiibo is coming!!!:4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ALL OF DAT HYPE AMIIBO NEWS FROM THE DIRECT:

-Wave 4 (US)/Wave 5 (EU) for Smash Bros announced: Pac-Man, Lucina, Robin, Charizard, Ness (as far as I remember)
-Fire Emblem Smash Bros Amiibos compatible with Codename STEAM on New 3DS - they can fight for you as fellow party members! They even have new voice acting!
-More Marth Amiibos coming to the US
-Super Mario Amiibo Collection announced - First 6 will be Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, and Yoshi (also they accidentally confirmed Rosalina in the MP10 segment).
-Mario Party 10 will feature a new mode - Amiibo Party. I can't fully explain what this is yet because I can't remember, but it's a new mode that you need Amiibos to play. Both the Super Mario and Smash Bros versions of the Mario Party 10 cast will be compatible.
-Mario Party 10 will launch with a Limited Edition that comes packaged with the Mario Amiibo from the Super Mario line.
-Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will be compatible with the new Toad Amiibo from the Super Mario line - it makes a Pixel Toad show up in a level who you have to try and find.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
ALL OF DAT HYPE AMIIBO NEWS FROM THE DIRECT:

-Wave 4 (US)/Wave 5 (EU) for Smash Bros announced: Pac-Man, Lucina, Robin, Charizard, Ness (as far as I remember)
-Fire Emblem Smash Bros Amiibos compatible with Codename STEAM on New 3DS - they can fight for you as fellow party members! They even have new voice acting!
-More Marth Amiibos coming to the US
-Super Mario Amiibo Collection announced - First 6 will be Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, and Yoshi (also they accidentally confirmed Rosalina in the MP10 segment).
-Mario Party 10 will feature a new mode - Amiibo Party. I can't fully explain what this is yet because I can't remember, but it's a new mode that you need Amiibos to play. Both the Super Mario and Smash Bros versions of the Mario Party 10 cast will be compatible.
-Mario Party 10 will launch with a Limited Edition that comes packaged with the Mario Amiibo from the Super Mario line.
-Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will be compatible with the new Toad Amiibo from the Super Mario line - it makes a Pixel Toad show up in a level who you have to try and find.
  • Wario is also a Wave 4 Amiibo.
  • The Mario Party 10 lineup consists of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Toad. The game will use a special stage when each amiibo is scanned in, and it will also work for Smash Bros Rosalina, DK, and Wario.
  • Kirby and the Rainbow Curse was also given its English release of amiibo information, which is scan incompatibility for Kirby, Dedede, and Metaknight, once per day. Each gives a special power-up.

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
^It's at 0:13. Best seen at 0.5 speed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nintendo uploaded a trailer for MP10 and it blatantly shows Rosalina as a participant in Bowser Party, as well as Amiibo Party, with a Super Mario stand:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think I will be calling it wave 5, since wave 3 seems to clearly be two separate waves by launch date. Marketing follies don't change that. I don't believe they will be in stores in America all the same time.
If so, I will view them all as one wave.

I'm SO EXCITED DK is playable as a character again.

Last edited:

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Time to go preorder Wave 4! :4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness::4ness:

I don't think I'm going to get the Mario series amiibo and just stick with Smash.

Also, my Japanese import Marth should be in the mail to my house today! All the Nintendo everything!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Smash Bros is still the only series I will be collecting in it's entirety, but I will likely aim to get that bundle with the new Mario Amiibo when Mario Party 10 comes out.

Then I will definitely get the Super Mario version of Rosalina too. And since it would be ideal to have 4 Super Mario Amiibo for use with Mario Party 10, so I can prevent myself from erasing save data on the Smash figures - I will get at least two out of these three: Yoshi, Luigi, or Toad. My brother might get Toad though. If not, I will likely get him over Luigi, so I can get that Captain Toad functionality while I'm there. Even if it seems underwhelming.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My current amiibo collection:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4yoshi::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4samus::4pit::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu:

Still searching for (if still available in stores):
:4littlemac::4falcon:

Might never get:
:4marth::4villager::4wiifit:

Currently saving $150 for Wave 3 (try to get store exclusives first ASAP):
:4bowser::rosalina::4sheik::4tlink::4myfriends::4dedede::4metaknight::4lucario::4shulk::4megaman::4sonic:

Top Bottom