• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Japan report: Marth and Villager are sold out everywhere I go (Probably because people are also buying to re-sell them). Wii Fit Trainer and Diddy are pretty common, I've seen 10+ of her today. Just picked up Zelda today; I think I'm going to only get the Legend of Zelda Series + Wario / Captain Falcon / the third parties. It's pretty tempting to get them all but I don't have the shelf space.

I've seen some Ebay auctions with the price tag on amiibos still on them, but marked up by over 300%. It's pretty ridiculous what people are paying...I hope Nintendo releases more/ makes them available in their store for fans.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think that makes it "wide reaching." It is still a very niche phrase on a single medium of Google search. A large number of people who are searching for this will not do so through that device, and it doesnt matter how many hundreds or even thousands of fans of the game or potential customers see it, all that matters monetarily is that 100 people do in fact not see it, find his name, and click on the amiibo to purchase.

Also, cannot find the comment on Ike amiibo, but... yes, he does look more like his Brawl self. Look at this comparison. Quite sad really.

That is his prototype amiibo compared to the one we actually get. Improved colours. Lost body tone, expression, and overall sex appeal.
I don't see how the device has anything to do with it. A Google search is a Google search. Besides, smartphones are an integrated part of today's society, it's not hard to imagine that the MAJORITY would search something like this up on their smartphone.

Also keep in mind that he says "100+" because 100 is the minimum he will buy. He could end up buying way more with the money he has, and has said that how much he buys depends on the popularity of the Amiibo.

If it turned out Rosalina was limited and not going to be restocked (a highly unlikely scenario), this guy would be the only source left to get the Amiibo from.

That's assuming he doesn't burn them first. Which he has been threatening lately, apparently.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I don't see how the device has anything to do with it. A Google search is a Google search. Besides, smartphones are an integrated part of today's society, it's not hard to imagine that the MAJORITY would search something like this up on their smartphone.

Also keep in mind that he says "100+" because 100 is the minimum he will buy. He could end up buying way more with the money he has, and has said that how much he buys depends on the popularity of the Amiibo.

If it turned out Rosalina was limited and not going to be restocked (a highly unlikely scenario), this guy would be the only source left to get the Amiibo from.

That's assuming he doesn't burn them first. Which he has been threatening lately, apparently.
I don't mean device as in if its on a computer or tablet, I mean the medium, as in- if it is news people have to search for (smash fans) or if it is something that headlines TV and newspapers (people that would get it for their children.)
As far as 100, I used that as the base number, we can call it X, because it might as well be a variable ~100. Point still stands.
As far as your assumption on Rosalina being 'highly unlikely' to not be restocked, unless Nintendo has been switching up their inventory levels in these long hiatus since a new wave has been announced, I would say she, along with all other exclusives in the US, are very probable to be low inventory and poorly stocked.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't mean device as in if its on a computer or tablet, I mean the medium, as in- if it is news people have to search for (smash fans) or if it is something that headlines TV and newspapers (people that would get it for their children.)
As far as 100, I used that as the base number, we can call it X, because it might as well be a variable ~100. Point still stands.
It isn't news people have to search for, Google gives you it upon searching for the Amiibo at all, which is something a prospective buyer of the Amiibo will most certainly do. Yes, even parents know how to use Google.

They also know how to look for something on eBay upon hearing there is a stockpile of it there.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It isn't news people have to search for, Google gives you it upon searching for the Amiibo at all, which is something a prospective buyer of the Amiibo will most certainly do. Yes, even parents know how to use Google.

They also know how to look for something on eBay upon hearing there is a stockpile of it there.
It isn't news people have to search for, it's there when people search for news on the subject.
....okay.

That logical fallacy said, it won't be news on the subject for that much longer, news does not stay around too long, and there are still a few weeks away, and many more scandals likely to hit, before the amiibos wave 3 are released.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It isn't news people have to search for, it's there when people search for news on the subject.
....okay.

That logical fallacy said, it won't be news on the subject for that much longer, news does not stay around too long, and there are still a few weeks away, and many more scandals likely to hit, before the amiibos wave 3 are released.
It's not a logical fallacy. Someone would Google Search the Amiibo when looking for retailers that might sell the Amiibo, or looking for message boards discussing it, or even just when looking for images or videos on it. These things are not news articles. However, someone searching the "rosalina amiibo" search term for any of these common reasons is going to get news articles as their first result instead. The way Google searches work these days is that they prioritise giving you official websites, news, images, and video results in a "Web" search. Most people will search "Web" before filtering it down further. Hence, since it isn't filtered, and Google wants to show you News results anyway, you're going to see them, even if you are not looking for news.

And in Google's terms, unless more news pops up for the Rosalina Amiibo, then people searching for any and all information in relation to it, including but not limited to news articles, are going to be seeing this search result for a long time to come. If no new results can be given, then the ones we have right now will stay. In the case of something like the Rosalina Amiibo, I don't see any stories as big as this in relation to it showing up for a while. Unless they are simply new developments for the same story.

Heck, even more generic search terms will be getting you this story for another while:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.
You start by saying that Rosalina is in the Mario franchise, and that makes her likely to stay in stock- which we have no real claim to base this on, as there has not been a fully realized understanding as to which Amiibo are available and which are not *when did Nintendo start caring about Diddy to make him so prevalent?* Her being playable does not truly indicate much, and as you pointed out, not all Mario characters are necessary going to be in high stock.
All of this, of course, having nothing to do with what I stated above. If nothing else, the fact that Rosalina is a store exclusive means she is going to sell out in spurts, even if she is continually manufactured, and that Mariotehplumber will be able to sell them back at market price.
Store exclusives are no exstitant here in the U.K. It's only the US to my knowledge.
I am speaking purely on what I know from the UK side of things.
The UK online store has Rosalina, Tesco, Argos, Smyths, ShopTo and GAME all have her as well.
Granted she is sold out nearly everywhere just like the other 3 Meta Knight, Shulk and Lucario but this also applies to King Dedede, Sonic, Megaman and Toon Link
We haven't got one single exclusive figure yet.Meta Knight, Shulk, Rosalina and Lucario are all just like the others.
And to my knowledge it is only US amiibos that the MarioTehPlumber is buying.
So with that conclusion I don't thin his plan works nearly as well as he thinks, The fact that amiibo are indeed region free means he is soley targeting the US demographic anywhere outside the US is fine.
And for that matter the US could easily buy/trade/import form over seas.
Cause to be honest Europe got the best Box design. For collecting anyway

Either way I don't want to start a fight over this because really I feel bad for you guys being put in this situation over these characters:4marth::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::4shulk::rosalina::4lucario::4metaknight:
With that said however they are not something I but in store except from the one villager I bough for a Lucas custom.
I take my chances and take what I am given and overall they all look "Smashing" :3
Except Dong Kong he seems to like having his box slanted when it joined to the card might take him out and but another one.
I do my buying online so maybe you can see why I don't clearly understand the commotion going on in the US.
But as I said, I don't want an argument because at the end of the day we are all friends on the boards =3

Last edited:

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
You would hope that with "Store Exclusives", there would be a bunch of figures to go around. I mean, what's the point of having an exclusive to get people in your store, and then not having said product? Maybe getting people in the door is enough for them.

Either way, the only Wave 3's I don't have pre-ordered are :4lucario::rosalina:and:4metaknight:. So I'm hoping there's enough to go around, but I doubt it, given the track record of Waves 1 and 2. :ohwell:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
You would hope that with "Store Exclusives", there would be a bunch of figures to go around. I mean, what's the point of having an exclusive to get people in your store, and then not having said product? Maybe getting people in the door is enough for them.

Either way, the only Wave 3's I don't have pre-ordered are :4lucario::rosalina:and:4metaknight:. So I'm hoping there's enough to go around, but I doubt it, given the track record of Waves 1 and 2. :ohwell:
Same as me man searching for them like hell here in the UK :4lucario::rosalina::4metaknight:
Also that Avatar is awesome :D Long live the Dream Team :4ness::lucas::4tlink::4villager:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Toys R Us and Target are known to stock high on exclusive toys. However, in Rosalina's case, there is an overwhelming demand for her, so I am not sure whatever stock they have will be enough, especially with MTP being there.

However, she is still pretty available on European and Japanese sites, if you are willing to pre-order there. It's the safest option. Even I'm doing that. My local stores should get Rosalina and I doubt she will sell out quickly, but Little Mac never actually arrived here despite being listed...

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Toys R Us and Target are known to stock high on exclusive toys. However, in Rosalina's case, there is an overwhelming demand for her, so I am not sure whatever stock they have will be enough, especially with MTP being there.

However, she is still pretty available on European and Japanese sites, if you are willing to pre-order there. It's the safest option. Even I'm doing that. My local stores should get Rosalina and I doubt she will sell out quickly, but Little Mac never actually arrived here despite being listed...
Yeah, to be honest, :4metaknight: is the one I'm most concerned about because of the horror stories I've heard about other amiibo at Best Buy. Plus the one Best Buy near me is super inconvenient to get to, so I couldn't check it as often as I could Target or TRU.

Importing is definitely an option, I've actually got a MTV coming in via import. However I really want to try and find everything locally for convenience sake, and then import as a last resort.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Yeah, to be honest, :4metaknight: is the one I'm most concerned about because of the horror stories I've heard about other amiibo at Best Buy. Plus the one Best Buy near me is super inconvenient to get to, so I couldn't check it as often as I could Target or TRU.

Importing is definitely an option, I've actually got a MTV coming in via import. However I really want to try and find everything locally for convenience sake, and then import as a last resort.
At Least Meta-knight has a month till his release they can commission more.
Unlike Rosalina and Lucario who are just on the horizon.
Blast these amiibos.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Reporting from the UK:

Really, we don't have store exclusives, however there is still high demand for them. I've seen Lucario in stock for pre-order on GAME, but that's it, really. The only truly 'rare' amiibo in the UK are Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac. That's it.

I do feel sorry for you guys in the US, though.

On a side note...many retailers in the UK are selling amiibo for more. My local GAME is selling them for £14.99 instead of £10.99. Argos and Smyths are the only ones sticking to £10.99.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Finally just gave in and ordered a Japanese Marth amiibo from eBay. Won't get here till the end of this month/beginning of February. It's ridiculous that importing from across the Pacific is cheaper then trying to find one in the whole of my freaking country. :glare:

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Reporting from the UK:

Really, we don't have store exclusives, however there is still high demand for them. I've seen Lucario in stock for pre-order on GAME, but that's it, really. The only truly 'rare' amiibo in the UK are Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac. That's it.

I do feel sorry for you guys in the US, though.

On a side note...many retailers in the UK are selling amiibo for more. My local GAME is selling them for £14.99 instead of £10.99. Argos and Smyths are the only ones sticking to £10.99.
Really Game have Lucario for Pre-order ?
He's not listed on the website though.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm going to start my amiibo collection once Best Buy restocks :4falcon: and :4pit:.

I think I'll pick up :4luigi:,:4mario:,:4yoshi:,and :4samus: if I can find them.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
I'm going to start my amiibo collection once Best Buy restocks :4falcon: and :4pit:.

I think I'll pick up :4luigi:,:4mario:,:4yoshi:,and :4samus: if I can find them.
You shouldn't have a problem finding :4luigi:, :4mario:, or :4yoshi:. You MAY have some difficulty with :4samus: depending on where you look, but she shouldn't be too hard to find. I don't know what to tell you about :4falcon: and :4pit:. I guess they'll do a restock eventually, but I have no idea when that might be. Probably not for a while.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I had plans to collect the rare Amiibo, but I've more or less given up at this point.

I bought a Marth Amiibo from some store on Amazon right before it spiked in price with the intention of reselling it on eBay for a lot more. I guess I'm one of those guys. Sorry.

Anyway, after 3 weeks of shipping, it finally showed up, but it had been packed in a padded envelope, and the packaging was beaten to the point of breaking open. Well, no collector will pay absurdly for an Amiibo that is opened, so I just kept it.

Tl;dr: I am a strange hipster who now uses his Marth Amiibo.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Funny thing, really. I mis-spelled Amiibo as 'amib' and it came up with him. Here's the link.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/lucario-am...22838?pageSize=20&searchTerm=amib&catGroupId=
O.o Thank you, Thank you Thank you, This means two left :'D:4metaknight::rosalina:
It always bugged me that he wasn't there XD silly Game and their misleading search results.
~This has made extremely Happy as Lucario is one of my mains unlike Meta Knight.
And Rosalina who I use occasionally as semi-replacement for Ice climbers still fun in tier own right though and their amiibo looks awesome :3
But seriously man thank you I might have gone cuckoo not having one of my mains XD

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
O.o Thank you, Thank you Thank you, This means two left :'D:4metaknight::rosalina:
It always bugged me that he wasn't there XD silly Game and their misleading search results.
~This has made extremely Happy as Lucario is one of my mains unlike Meta Knight.
And Rosalina who I use occasionally as semi-replacement for Ice climbers still fun in tier own right though and their amiibo looks awesome :3
But seriously man thank you I might have gone cuckoo not having one of my mains XD
This brought a smile to my face. I'm glad this helped you:)

On topic...

So far, my amiibo collection is this:

:4marth::4marth::4link::4falcon::4pit::4peach::4zelda::4samus::4fox::4kirby::4pikachu::4yoshi::4villager:.

:4mario:is on the way, and after my birthday, I'll be off to Smyths on the 20th of February(when Wave 3 part 2 comes out in Europe) to hopefully pick up the following:

:4myfriends::4sheik::4shulk::rosalina::4tlink: and if they're there, either :4wiifit:or:4littlemac:. If not, it'll be either :4metaknight:or :4dk:or :4lucario:.

A side note for other people who live in the UK...
Kirby seems to be going rare, now. Or at least, uncommon, so move your hides people!

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
This brought a smile to my face. I'm glad this helped you:)

On topic...

So far, my amiibo collection is this:

:4marth::4marth::4link::4falcon::4pit::4peach::4zelda::4samus::4fox::4kirby::4pikachu::4yoshi::4villager:.

:4mario:is on the way, and after my birthday, I'll be off to Smyths on the 20th of February(when Wave 3 part 2 comes out in Europe) to hopefully pick up the following:

:4myfriends::4sheik::4shulk::rosalina::4tlink: and if they're there, either :4wiifit:or:4littlemac:. If not, it'll be either :4metaknight:or :4dk:or :4lucario:.

A side note for other people who live in the UK...
Kirby seems to be going rare, now. Or at least, uncommon, so move your hides people!
I was thinking that too as I was buying Lucario I was going to double up on Kirby cause you know Sakurai's baby :3
And it says he's sold out yet I could purchase him. Game really doesn't like me XD
On a side note it's snowy heavy over here. Haven't had snow here in maybe two years XD :4shulk:Feelin like an :icsmelee::popo:
Glad it made you smile cause it made me ecstatic =3

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Dagnabbit NOA why don't you number the boxes!? Well as much as I want UK boxes not gonna try that crazy fun time now due to already having US version rares. because consistency in my collection over convenience curse my perfectionism with this.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Store exclusives are no exstitant here in the U.K. It's only the US to my knowledge.
I am speaking purely on what I know from the UK side of things.
The UK online store has Rosalina, Tesco, Argos, Smyths, ShopTo and GAME all have her as well.
Granted she is sold out nearly everywhere just like the other 3 Meta Knight, Shulk and Lucario but this also applies to King Dedede, Sonic, Megaman and Toon Link
We haven't got one single exclusive figure yet.Meta Knight, Shulk, Rosalina and Lucario are all just like the others.
And to my knowledge it is only US amiibos that the MarioTehPlumber is buying.
So with that conclusion I don't thin his plan works nearly as well as he thinks, The fact that amiibo are indeed region free means he is soley targeting the US demographic anywhere outside the US is fine.
And for that matter the US could easily buy/trade/import form over seas.

Either way I don't want to start a fight over this because really I feel bad for you guys being put in this situation over these characters:4marth::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::4shulk::rosalina::4lucario::4metaknight:
With that said however they are not something I but in store except from the one villager I bough for a Lucas custom.
I take my chances and take what I am given and overall they all look "Smashing" :3
Except Dong Kong he seems to like having his box slanted when it joined to the card might take him out and but another one.
I do my buying online so maybe you can see why I don't clearly understand the commotion going on in the US.
But as I said, I don't want an argument because at the end of the day we are all friends on the boards =3
I'm aware you don't have exclusives, my reason for bringing it up was to state the ones which are exclusive here are likely to be rare all over. While it is possible to get them oversees, I don't think only an avid amiibo searcher will care about. Both you and @ ChikoLad ChikoLad fail to see the point that it doesnt matter how many people don't want a product, as long as there is stll a marketplace for it- and majority of consumers are not going to spend hours hunting these products, many may not even care that he is selling so many even if they do. Capitalism and morality are not rare issues to discuss in the same conversation, but it is rare that consumers decide the latter is of personal note to affect the fomer. Do you guys remember that huge BP oil spill a few years ago, the one that damaged the Earth's ecosystem for decades to come, harming our environment, intoxicating our food, and destroying wildlife species? It's been two years, and most Americans don't even boycott them now; many never cared to.

As personally hurt and outraged as anyone here is about Mariotehplumber, just complaining here and assuming people won't buy from him on moral ground, or to assume wrongly that will be a story the lay person will even find (much less be moved by), is a very inactive approach. If you are actually bothered by what this guy is doing, find a way to protest directly to Nintendo, and actively shine light on the situation. Otherwise you are just ignorantly complaining about another individuals proactivity, which is in contrast to your own, when you have the potential every person has, to campaign for change. Unless you want to take true initiative, you are just whining, and delusionally placating yourself to think the situation will resolve itself because others will handle the problem.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
By the way everyone; if Kirby is rare, it may be an indication that we are getting new amiibo for Rainbow Curse, which revealed its amiibo compatibility
Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede can be scanned to give the player a special power up in one stage once per day.
IGN said:
When scanning Kirby, players get unlimited Star Dash power, whereas Meta Knight provides an attack bonus via a Meta Knight mask and Dedede a defense bonus by granting Kirby a hat and more hitpoints.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
and majority of consumers are not going to spend hours hunting these products
*laughs for eternity*

Oh, you don't know the half of it.

or to assume wrongly that will be a story the lay person will even find
Except I proved how a lay person cannot possibly avoid it if they have interest in this product.

assuming people won't buy from him on moral ground
At what point did I do this? I'm assuming people won't by from him out of common sense - he plans to sell the things for over $100 a piece. Unless people wait a while and he is the only way left of getting them, not many will buy from him, if any.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
*laughs for eternity*

Oh, you don't know the half of it.

Except I proved how a lay person cannot possibly avoid it if they have interest in this product.

At what point did I do this? I'm assuming people won't by from him out of common sense - he plans to sell the things for over $100 a piece. Unless people wait a while and he is the only way left of getting them, not many will buy from him, if any.
Darling, the condescending opening statement of this is going to set me over the edge, so this will be my last response to you since you so avidly want to ignore majority of my statements and continue to be just another restless indivudial unhappy about the system but unwiling to do anything about it.
You proved absolutely nothing to me, I simply didn't repeat the arguments I listed prior about 'not everyone searching thoroughly' and 'amiibo controversy being rampant, the articles shelf life will not last long, for those who even care to read it.' You cannot force anyone to learn any thing, this conversation being a great example of that, and everyone who hunts for amiibos is not looking for news.

Again, as I said in one of my thesis posts- if he sells all of his amiibo for an amount far above what they can be found elsewhere, that is of course one way in which they won't sell. That is one of the only few way they wont sell; that, Nintendo heavy change of plan to improve quantity drastically, or enough of a call to arms for Nintendo to intervene. As the situation stands right now, you are relying on consumers to take a moral stand against him, and since my post seems mostly unrebutted, I'll leave you quoting myself:
Do you guys remember that huge BP oil spill a few years ago, the one that damaged the Earth's ecosystem for decades to come, harming our environment, intoxicating our food, and destroying wildlife species? It's been two years, and most Americans don't even boycott them now; many never cared to.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
By the way everyone; if Kirby is rare, it may be an indication that we are getting new amiibo for Rainbow Curse, which revealed its amiibo compatibility
Fair play sir, Fair Play.
As I stated before I don't wish to start an argument or get in a fight over this so I will let your say be final on my regards :3
Now as you stated about the Kirby amiibo for Rainbow curse.
I really hope it looks clay or is slightly softer than the actual Kirby just like I really want a Yarn Yoshi amibo (curse those scoundrels showing them during E3 and not actually mass producing them)
And if they made Bandana Dee it be pretty cool too :D

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Darling, the condescending opening statement of this is going to set me over the edge, so this will be my last response to you since you so avidly want to ignore majority of my statements and continue to be just another restless indivudial unhappy about the system but unwiling to do anything about it.
You proved absolutely nothing to me, I simply didn't repeat the arguments I listed prior about 'not everyone searching thoroughly' and 'amiibo controversy being rampant, the articles shelf life will not last long, for those who even care to read it.' You cannot force anyone to learn any thing, this conversation being a great example of that, and everyone who hunts for amiibos is not looking for news.
At this point you're just rambling and nothing you're saying even relates to what anyone else has been saying.

everyone who hunts for amiibos is not looking for news.
And this is wear you prove where you haven't read any of what was said yourself! Fair play!

are relying on consumers to take a moral stand against him
Again, at what point did I say that? I'm not relying on anyone doing anything. Really, all of this is personally irrelevant to me, as I have had a Rosalina Amiibo pre-ordered for a long while. I just think this guy's plan is stupid, that's all. It's also a bit messed up in some ways, but I never said I thought it wouldn't work based on that.

I'll leave you quoting myself
That quote is falling on deaf ears for me, because while I heard of the BP oil spill, as an Irish school student at the time who was studying for an important exam, I did not care to look much into the details of what was going on in the USA. It has very little meaning to me and I do not see how it relates to the Rosalina Amiibo.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
So I had the opportunity to get some rare amiibos I was missing. Unfortunately, the shipment came in bad shape. I'll avoid buying in bulk from international sellers from now on. If anyone is interested here's the imgur album showcasing the condition they arrived in.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Do you guys remember that huge BP oil spill a few years ago, the one that damaged the Earth's ecosystem for decades to come, harming our environment, intoxicating our food, and destroying wildlife species? It's been two years, and most Americans don't even boycott them now; many never cared to.

Totally off-topic, but before you get your knickers in any more of a twist, last I heard, ocean microbes had eaten 90% of the oil spilled. I seriously doubt the spill caused any lasting damage. Crude oil is made from decayed plants and animals. It's a natural substance. I'm not saying the spill was a good thing, but I think your view of the matter is a bit askew.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So I had the opportunity to get some rare amiibos I was missing. Unfortunately, the shipment came in bad shape. I'll avoid buying in bulk from international sellers from now on. If anyone is interested here's the imgur album showcasing the condition they arrived in.
Sorry for the double post. The 3DS does not have a copy/paste function, so I can't multiquote.

Which website did you order from? The Amiibo themselves look unscathed, but yeah, those packages look ruined. Were you planning on keeping them packaged? If so, I'm sorry for your loss.

Myself, I'm planning on buying just one of each Smash Amiibo, but I'm taking them all out of the packages. I don't care about resale at all, and I won't be using them in Smash Wii U much, probably. I just love having them to look at. I just appreciate that they exist. Ever since Melee, I always wanted real life Smash trophies :)

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Sorry for the double post. The 3DS does not have a copy/paste function, so I can't multiquote.

Which website did you order from? The Amiibo themselves look unscathed, but yeah, those packages look ruined. Were you planning on keeping them packaged? If so, I'm sorry for your loss.

Myself, I'm planning on buying just one of each Smash Amiibo, but I'm taking them all out of the packages. I don't care about resale at all, and I won't be using them in Smash Wii U much, probably. I just love having them to look at. I just appreciate that they exist. Ever since Melee, I always wanted real life Smash trophies :)
I'm keeping them in the box :( In my case I'm not interested in reselling them, I just really like how the look boxed! And yes, that's how I view them, real life Smash trophies! They are awesome.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That quote is falling on deaf ears for me, because while I heard of the BP oil spill, as an Irish school student at the time who was studying for an important exam, I did not care to look much into the details of what was going on in the USA. It has very little meaning to me and I do not see how it relates to the Rosalina Amiibo.
It continues to impact the worlds ecosystem. Worth looking into.
Totally off-topic, but before you get your knickers in any more of a twist, last I heard, ocean microbes had eaten 90% of the oil spilled. I ofseriously doubt the spill caused any lasting damage. Crude oil is made from decayed plants and animals. It's a natural substance. I'm not saying the spill was a good thing, but I think your view of the matter is a bit askew.
An analogy is not off topic. Yes, majority of the oil is gone, and the reproductive cycles of marine life will continue to demonstrate the effects of the spill for a long time to come. A brief look into marine biology will tell you about this, the actual oil in the ocean itself is but the start of the issues at hand.

I'm keeping them in the box :( In my case I'm not interested in reselling them, I just really like how the look boxed! And yes, that's how I view them, real life Smash trophies! They are awesome.
The Euro versions are definitely best packaging aesthetically for a collector. Are the boxes themselves damaged?

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Hmm. It's a crying shame so many of your Amiibo packages were damaged. I know I'd be upset if I saw that.

Who did you order from? I want to know so that I can prepare myself, as I have ordered Amiibo from Hong Kong (YesAsia) and Germany (Amazon), currently.

I like the boxes, but they take up so much room! Also, I do think I'll use a few in games, so there's that. Can't have some boxed and some not, for me.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Gee-wiz o,o
That would drive me up the wall I know when I got Wii Fit Trainer her packaging was bent slightly at the top but I got it back to as straight. It would have killed me if it looked like those. Especially seeing how I payed £7 extra for her.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
The Euro versions are definitely best packaging aesthetically for a collector. Are the boxes themselves damaged?
Yep the boxes are damaged.
Hmm. It's a crying shame so many of your Amiibo packages were damaged. I know I'd be upset if I saw that.

Who did you order from? I want to know so that I can prepare myself, as I have ordered Amiibo from Hong Kong (YesAsia) and Germany (Amazon), currently.
Amazon Germany.

Top Bottom