• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Quick question. I made a thread about this earlier but It didn't get any answers really.

Is a in-box Peach Amiibo that is Off the smash stand rare? It seems to just be sitting in the store that I frequently visit. Not surprised because that store is STACKED on Amiibos. (Luigis, Diddies, WFTs. Marths etc...)
An Amiibo that is off the stand is not rare. It won't get you anything on eBay.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
Okay... so what I said about getting two amiibo. Scratch that, I can only get one. They sell pretty high if I buy them immediately on eBay so I probably have the chance of buying Luigi and Zelda or just Pit.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Okay... so what I said about getting two amiibo. Scratch that, I can only get one. They sell pretty high if I buy them immediately on eBay so I probably have the chance of buying Luigi and Zelda or just Pit.
get zelda she's beautiful
:4zelda:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
So yeah I figured Id pre-order :4shulk:so in case I couldnt get a :4lucario: I could trade someone or sell mine. Well that and:4ness::4robinm: when/if they come out.

If I'm able to get all the ones I want I'll probably give it too a big shulk fan I know

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
Welp, I've decided. I'm getting Luigi and Zelda. Did a Lv9 CPU team battle with those two against two Pits and they won 2-0.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
So I finally got round to ordering Mario. That mean I only need two more out of Wave One, Donkey Kong and Wii Fit Trainer.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just wondering, how rare are the wave 2 amiibos supposed to be? I've been looking for a while now, but all I've managed to find on store shelves are a bunch of Zeldas and maybe three or four Luigis.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Just wondering, how rare are the wave 2 amiibos supposed to be? I've been looking for a while now, but all I've managed to find on store shelves are a bunch of Zeldas and maybe three or four Luigis.
Little Mac is probably the hardest to find. Pit and Captain Falcon are rumored to come back later this month at Toys R Us, but otherwise they're pretty tricky to find too. Diddy Kong started off relatively rare hard but is probably about as common as Samus now.

Last edited:

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Is There a Thread that Is specifically about how people have been training they're Amiibos? or how the vanilla Buff percentages work?

( Just got me a Diddy, and roomates have link, yoshi, Samus, Pika.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is There a Thread that Is specifically about how people have been training they're Amiibos? or how the vanilla Buff percentages work?

( Just got me a Diddy, and roomates have link, yoshi, Samus, Pika.)
There used to be but this thread was converted into being the all round Amiibo thread.

The buffs Amiibo get without equipment happen naturally as they level up. At Level 50, they have 1.5 times the character's normal attack power, and defense too, I believe.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The Skull Kid figure doesn't seem to have Amiibo functionality, but it is done in a very similar style. So...

DAWN OF THE LAST DAY
24 HOURS REMAIN

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3d...da-majoras-mask-limited-edition-bundle/119692

You have to order it in-store from the warehouse. Go today or tomorrow if you want this, because it will be gone. It is already gone from Amazon. This is probably your only chance, so get going to Gamestop!

edit @The Derrit Maybe you could let the good people know with a front page post? This bundle is likely to sell out in America by 11am or 12pm tomorrow, and Amazon is already sold out. There's also a $90 bundle that comes with a hard cover strategy guide, which is pretty indispensable for Majora's Mask.
Man..... I'm pretty distraught that I was not following this info. If that thing is an amiibo I will be in despair. Anyone know where it is still available... if anywhere?

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Not gonna lie, but I want to see how :4gaw: turns out whenever they release him. I wonder if they will have him have a thick width or keep it flat with some kind of stand to support it (They probably will put a stand on him anyway).
I think he's going to be a thick plastic, like one of those cheap Christmas ornaments. x:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Amiibo stocks in Ireland are beginning to look a lot like the US situation now (with Kirby also being really rare).

Looks like I'll HAVE to import Little Mac when I get the money. Hopefully he'll still be around. And I hope Wave 3 doesn't go so quickly in Ireland. I reckon that the reason they all went after the new year was because of kids getting vouchers and what not.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAH SOMEONE ALREADY HAS IKE, TOON LINK, SHEIK, AND ROSALINA:

Last edited:

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
There used to be but this thread was converted into being the all round Amiibo thread.

The buffs Amiibo get without equipment happen naturally as they level up. At Level 50, they have 1.5 times the character's normal attack power, and defense too, I believe.
Damn, but Thanks. maybe the custom equ. will be able to balance the Players and FP.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Those pictures I posted above come from this Twitter account:
https://twitter.com/gohanblog

He says that Nintendo is sending out small preview parcels to various blogs and gaming journalists in Europe or something.

He also said he will unbox Rosalina and take pictures of her in about 2 hours.

I can't wait I have to see her.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
If the Sheik amiibo's hair wasn't so bright blonde her amiibo would look better x:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Those pictures I posted above come from this Twitter account:
https://twitter.com/gohanblog

He says that Nintendo is sending out small preview parcels to various blogs and gaming journalists in Europe or something.

He also said he will unbox Rosalina and take pictures of her in about 2 hours.

I can't wait I have to see her.
GAAHHHH that Rosalina made my heart explode and she's not even out of the box.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
GAAHHHH that Rosalina made my heart explode and she's not even out of the box.
I know right, especially after all that news about that freak trying to hoard all of her Amiibos away from the world.

I hope she didn't get downgraded too much, but she looks amazing from what I can tell. Luma looks fine, her gown looks incredibly sexy (they perfectly captured it's anti-gravity flowyness), and it actually looks like they improved her colours from the prototype (although the prototype looked amazing too, I though the colours didn't quite capture that pale, delicate look, mainly in the face and hair).

I'm so excited I can't even describe it.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
MY WII FIT TRAINER SHIPPED FROM YESASIA! WOO-HOO!

Now the only Amiibo I need are Little Mac, Lucario, Rosalina, and Meta Knight...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

SHE'S PERFECT

SHE ACTUALLY LOOKS BETTER THAN THE PROTOTYPE.

If I saw that in better lighting I'd literally think it was just her in game render holy crap

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I got a Samus amiibo today and I'm super happy about it. This may be the bit of OCD I picked up but it looks like Samus is leaning. I don't think she is supposed to lean at all, though there was only one in the store so I couldn't compare.
0-0
Can anyone confirm/deconfirm?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got a Samus amiibo today and I'm super happy about it. This may be the bit of OCD I picked up but it looks like Samus is leaning. I don't think she is supposed to lean at all, though there was only one in the store so I couldn't compare.
0-0
Can anyone confirm/deconfirm?
Might be the perspective of the shot but I think she is a leaner (leaning Samus is very common - I call her "Drunk Samus")

Best way to tell is to look at her from this angle:

I thought mine was drunk at first but found out it was just a placebo effect from seeing so many Drunk Samus' in stores. Looked at it from this angle and she looked fine.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
"Drunkus"
Thanks for the help both of you. I think it still leans barely at that angle (As I said, OCD, I might just be obsessing) but it isn't noticeable unless you look for it.

Once again, thanks for helping. ^-^

Last edited:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Amiibo stocks in Ireland are beginning to look a lot like the US situation now (with Kirby also being really rare).

Looks like I'll HAVE to import Little Mac when I get the money. Hopefully he'll still be around. And I hope Wave 3 doesn't go so quickly in Ireland. I reckon that the reason they all went after the new year was because of kids getting vouchers and what not.

EDIT: AAAAAAAAAAAAH SOMEONE ALREADY HAS IKE, TOON LINK, SHEIK, AND ROSALINA:

SHE'S PERFECT

If I saw that in better lighting I'd literally think it was just her in game render holy crap
I dont get why people were saying Ike looked derpy, he looks pretty good actually. Also Toon Link and Rosalina look gorgeous.

With the news of this Ne'er do well this makes me all the more worried that I might not get a rosalina, Luckily I have a few people helping me check out Target stores as they open.

EDIT: After hearing one of my help memorize Rosalina as "The princess about to got to bed with her wishing star", I can't see her without cracking up.

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman

SHE'S PERFECT

OMG. SHE'S GORGEOUS. ...I'm debating holding out on Toon Link and getting Rosalina instead...I don't know...

I really want to see Shulk now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think it's safe to say Rosalina will be rare.

She's only had one line of production, and based on the sheer quality of the figure, it's easy to see why.

And combine that with mariotehplumber's antics, Target exclusivity and them not opening any more pre orders for her, sheer popularity of the character, and with how appealing she is to scalpers too...

There is no way I can see supply meeting demand.

However, I think she will definitely get more production in the future. But she is gonna sell out faster than most others, I reckon.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
All i need our Rosalina, Lucario and Meta Knight......
I hope to get them from ShoptTo.net or Smyth's online but I don't what's the better option.
The Rosalina amiibo looks out of this "galaxy"
The fact that stand is clear for the Luma makes me smile ecstatically.
Definetly gonna try and double up on.
:4tlink::4tlink::4shulk::4shulk::4sonic::4sonic::4megaman::4megaman::rosalina::rosalina::4dedede::4dedede:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Goddammit Rosalina's amiibo is gonna be hard to get .-.

I wouldn't give in to scalpers too much but I would for Rosalina, there isn't a Target near here (there's one in a small city close to hear but there are like 4 Walmarts within that distance .-.)

Khao

Smash Lord
Toon Link looks about as good as I expected. He's kinda hard to get wrong.

Sheik looks neat. I feel like so far, she's the character that suffers the most from having flat colors, some darker shades inside creases would make her look incredible, but as-is, it's just kinda decent. Like, not bad, but could really get a massive improvement out of a good custom paint job, more so than other characters.

There's something off about Ike's head, but I can't really say what exactly. I think it might be his jaw, he just doesn't look as buff as he does in the game somehow, it's almost like he's reverted to how he was in Brawl. The figure itself is not bad, it just doesn't capture him as well as it should.

Rosalina looks surprisingly awesome, they really did a good job on her.

I really want to see Mega Man now, after I get my hands on Link and Pit, it's really most likely to be the only other figure I'll end up getting.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
:4bowser:anyone got a picture of the Bowser amiibo? Like not a prototype picture. He is not a character I play often but still one of my favorite characters and I have high hopes for how his amiibo looks

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
:4bowser:anyone got a picture of the Bowser amiibo? Like not a prototype picture. He is not a character I play often but still one of my favorite characters and I have high hopes for how his amiibo looks
http://instagram.com/p/xq3n-LCrJ_/?modal=true

No close-up yet but there he is.

Lucario too.

EDIT:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=amiibo&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Villager, Marth, Captain Falcon, Pit, WFT, and Little Mac will be in stock on BHphotovideo on 2/2/15! You can place the orders now and have them charge on the 2nd.

Last edited:
Top Bottom