• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Just noticed prices for Marth/WFT have gone down on Amazon from Japanese sellers. Including shipping, I hopefully just got Marth for $30, and I see WFT is just under $25.

Definitely better than ebay right now.
I got my Japanese Marth from Amazon for around $35, but it only cost me $10 after a gift card. I figured if there's one Japanese amiibo to have, it should be Marth, since he's kept his Japanese VO the whole series.

http://www.nintendonuggets.com/?p=1427

Is this real life?

Or is it just a fantasy?
My response. (NSFW Language)

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
God what a revolting person....
Just reading this sent rage through every corner of my mind, and it isn't the "i buy lots of amiibos", it's the "I hate it so nobody else can have it" mentality.

Urgh
Buy Japanese Amiibos for any rares and clowns like him can stick it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The part that gets me is that he's specifically targeting all of the females except Peach and Zelda. What is so wrong with those characters in particular that you would have to go and do this?

Scalping on it's own is slightly questionable, but understandable, since it's just a case of you making ends meet. But buying all of a character just so the people who like them have to pay a fortune to even hope to get one is just gross.

And the fact that he's mainly targeting those female characters makes me thinks there's even more to it than that... :\

VelociRapture

Smash Rookie
I just caught the bug recently too, Im kind of a poor guy but I'm lucky with what i've found. I have :4falcon::4diddy::4littlemac:, have :4shulk::4myfriends: pre ordered and will probably get :4gaw::4lucina::4robinm::4marth: whenever i get around to. I'm sure :4gaw: will look awesome and the fire emblem characters I'll probably never unbox because I just want them for looking at hehe.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If they think they can get back at Nintendo by giving them $40,000 they obviously need psychiatric help.
Based on this passage, I don't think getting back at Nintendo is his goal. He seems to just care about preventing people from buying the characters they like:

Well I could sit here and lie and hide my true reasons behind this but I won’t do that I will give you the full truth…..

With the money I make I simply put it off as extra for any merch I collect myself to spend on or more amiibos. This isn’t the only reason though call this a vengeance against the people who ridiculed me, insulted me, and are fans of stuff I hate. I do not appreciate Rosalina appearing in almost every recent Mario game to date this is pissing me off. Lets see… Mk8, Mario golf on 3ds as Dlc, 3dworld as a secret character, Smash bros 4, and more recently Mario Party 10. The fact Nintendo promotes her so much and people praise her is just disgusting. I hate her fans too I know for a fact her amiibo will be among one of the most popular which is why I took the time to wait and preorder over 100 of her. I do not want her fans to be happy I hate Rosalina as a character and I will enjoy selling her for big bucks. I will also do the same for Lucina(loose in ya),Palutena(Pootytanga),Robin(Throbbin) and Zero suit samus(Zero suit Slunt) When they are announced. I really hate these characters and it just crushes me Nintendo from the good days went to this **** for character designs.
TL;DR: "Stop liking what I don't like!!!!!" -mariotehplumber

Last edited:

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Buy Japanese Amiibos for any rares and clowns like him can stick it.
I have no problem getting the amiibos (except for that goddamn Shulk amiibo that doesn't appear on european websites urghh), but it's really the mentality behind it that annoys me...
I wouldn't have any problems with him doing it for money, but he does it because if he hates it, no one is allowed to like it.
And I just hate that childish mentality.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm gonna hold off on getting too active about this. I haven't seen this news anywhere else yet. I saw it on tumblr initially. So I kinda just want to wait until more places start talking about it, at that point, there's no doubt it's legit.

I'll warn the Rosalina boards in a bit though, since she's apparently gonna be the big example going forward. :\

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Based on this passage, I don't think getting back at Nintendo is his goal. He seems to just care about preventing people from buying the characters they like:

TL;DR: "Stop liking what I don't like!!!!!" -mariotehplumber
Either way the guy definitely needs some help if those are his reasons. Also wouldn't hurt to take a writing class based on all the grammar mistakes he made in that interview.

Anyway, assuming he's selling them, I wouldn't be surprised if people boycott him once their ebay account is discovered or see him lose a **** ton of money if the hints of a restock/eliminate scalpers plan comes true.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only thing leaving me up in the air is that mariotehplumber is an infamous troll, so it could be a hoax. However, based on the same principle, it's justified to believe him, since preventing people from getting figures of their favourite characters without spending a fortune seems like a bit of a mass trolling in and of itself.

And of course, I don't see why any publication would publish this unless they knew it was legit.

EDIT: MTP does actually have a video on this. Though it is rated as mature because of how much he swears in it. I won't post it here, but if you're interested, search for "mariotehplumber amiibo". Make what you will of it...

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

Is this real life?

Or is it just a fantasy?
I know that guy from another site. He's obnoxiously rude and seriously has behavior issues (he was banned in an IRC I was OP at, he didn't even last a day!). I'm not surprised he would stoop this low.

also i believe that article is legit, because that's seriously the kind of person mariotehplumber is

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know that guy from another site. He's obnoxiously rude and seriously has behavior issues (he was banned in an IRC I was OP at, he didn't even last a day!). I'm not surprised he would stoop this low.

also i believe that article is legit, because that's seriously the kind of person mariotehplumber is
Is he known to be wealthy though? $35,000 is a lot to have on reserve.

That's really the only hard to believe part for me. Other than that I don't doubt he would do it.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Is he known to be wealthy though? $35,000 is a lot to have on reserve.

That's really the only hard to believe part for me. Other than that I don't doubt he would do it.
i had no idea he was that wealthy (but then again I don't think anyone ever bothered thinking about his wealth up until now)

but the fact his photos shows him flipping off at a bunch of amiibos... and his attitude... that is so like him. so so very like him

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman

Is this real life?

Or is it just a fantasy?
...All I wanted was the ability to buy cheap Smash merchandise.
FML. Give me a gun.

Seriously though, it was so difficult to read through that interview. People like that are...there are no words. This guy should be jailed, though. I read somewhere that this guy was going to scam people too.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Wow what a jerk.
At first i was only interested in getting the toys for the 5 or characters i was planning on playing, but now i see how hot they are and want to collect them. Though not to resell.
Taking no chances with wave 3. Ive preordered all minus meta knight and rosalina, shulk already being history. I also dont understand why Nintendo doesnt do better at keeping them in stock. Lots of money they are losing

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Let's just stick together in this guys. No need to let this loser derail what we have going on. He's the Grinch and we are the Whos of Whoville. He can take our Amiibos but we will bond and help each other with links like this: http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/amiibo/
It doesn't help too much because all the rare ones are snatched up in about 5 minutes by scalpers when they say they're in stock. I was lucky to get Little Mac. It was pure luck because he went out of stock about 10 minutes after I placed my order.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
My parents are in Germany right now. They got me another Falcon, two Marths, a Wii Fit Trainer and a Pit.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'm experimenting with amiibos right now to see what determines the loot they get. So far it is seeming like time is the biggest factor. I'm not sure if it's the only one though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That article about the guy buying out all of those Amiibos has gone down, it seems.

Onyxsbayne

Smash Cadet
I have 2 amiibos, being Pit and Mario, but my brothers all have their own, being Samus, Link, and Fox. I'm working on trying to find the best training method, but I'm having difficulties finding a good setup. For instance, I've trained my Pit to 50 twice, and both times I tried different methods. The first time, I fought him from the start as Greninja, but cycled through some other characters once he got higher leveled. He fought well, but died easily to noobish tactics like Lucario Aura Sphere spam. He also did poorly in battles with many players. The second time, I tried a method I've found online in a couple places, and found he did ok. He didn't lose to noob tactics, and fought well, but he felt weaker. I beat him a few times, and my Mario amiibo that had no training other than being in random battles with my brothers and I beat him consistently. I'm wondering if anyone here had some success with their Pit amiibos or just great training overall.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I'm trying to find a :4fox: Amiibo because he's been my main since Smash 64, but haven't had the best luck due to him being out of stock at most stores & online(except for the BS scalpers). Plus the rumors of :4fox: being discontinued don't help much either.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I have 2 amiibos, being Pit and Mario, but my brothers all have their own, being Samus, Link, and Fox. I'm working on trying to find the best training method, but I'm having difficulties finding a good setup. For instance, I've trained my Pit to 50 twice, and both times I tried different methods. The first time, I fought him from the start as Greninja, but cycled through some other characters once he got higher leveled. He fought well, but died easily to noobish tactics like Lucario Aura Sphere spam. He also did poorly in battles with many players. The second time, I tried a method I've found online in a couple places, and found he did ok. He didn't lose to noob tactics, and fought well, but he felt weaker. I beat him a few times, and my Mario amiibo that had no training other than being in random battles with my brothers and I beat him consistently. I'm wondering if anyone here had some success with their Pit amiibos or just great training overall.
Amiibos do continue to learn after level 50

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I already got 2 of my wanted Amiibos so far (Pit and Marth) and mostly am plannin' to get Robin. Kirby and Peach will follow some time as they're easy, but the two above were quite big priorities. I also planned to get Villager when it'd be restocked someday.

Also quite glad I'm living in Finland as well, even if there's also collectors there, I don't have to necessarily worry about big amount of them ruinin' chances to buy some Amiibos missing like in US. Not that many gamers I think and stocks come back sweet now and then.

Also on DD/MTP, don't let him get to you and keep on going. When that Amiibo you found is in your hands, you can just laugh all the way as he tries to scalp them to people most desperate and foolish to support him doing that. If that even happens ever. :laugh:

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I'm still not very sure how amiibos learn myself, I'm under the impression they will forever keep refining their tactics the more you fight them. Geekparty.com has some very interesting amiibo articles, according to them training is a long term process.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
The 6th Amiibo Cup happened today. This season consisted of tons of improvement, upsets, and major drop offs. Iron Woman :4samus: snapped her 23 game losing streak with a win over Rainbow :4yoshi:. But that was all she could do the entire season as she finished with a 1-11-0 record. ShineSpike :4fox: has a rough season, finishing with a 2-10-0 record after going 6-6-0 last season. Kirbycide's :4kirby: chance for a repeat took an unexpected turn. After starting 6-1-0, Kirbycide :4kirby: lost 4 of his last 5 matches to finish at a rough 7-5-0 record. 'Murica :4mario: has another heartbreaking tiebreaker loss, this time to HM Slave :4pikachu:, who was also red hot going into that match winning 4 straight!!! Weegee :4luigi: has a monster season!!! Going a near perfect 11-1-0!!! But his dominant run was stopped short by a red hot HM Slave :4pikachu:. It was an Amiibo Cup Season 3 Finals rematch between HM Slave :4pikachu: and Petch :4peach:. Petch :4peach: bested him again to take her 2nd Amiibo Cup, tying her with 'Murica :4mario: for most Amiibo Cups!!!

* - Tiebreaker Fight

Rankings: January 8, 2014
W-L-SD
IN PLAYOFFS
1. Luigi 11-1-0 22 pts
2. Diddy Kong 9-3-0 18 pts
3. Peach 9-3-0 18 pts
4. Pikachu* 8-4-0 16 pts
ELIMINATED
5. Mario* 8-4-0 16 pts
6. Little Mac 7-5-0 12 pts
7. Kirby 7-5-0 12 pts
8. Zelda 7-5-0 12 pts
9. Link 4-8-0 8 pts
10. Yoshi 3-9-0 6 pts
11. Fox 2-10-0 4 pts
12. Donkey Kong 2-10-0 4 pts
13. Samus 1-11-0 2 pts

PLAYOFFS: Best of 3

SEMI FINALS

1. Luigi: 1 vs 4. Pikachu: 2
2. Diddy Kong: 0 vs 3. Peach: 2

3RD PLACE

1. Luigi: 2 vs 2. Diddy Kong: 1

FINALS

3. Peach: 2 vs 4. Pikachu: 0

CHAMPION: Peach
2ND PLACE: Pikachu
3RD PLACE: Luigi

PS: This maybe the last Amiibo Cup I'll do for a while. I'm going back to school this Monday and I want to continue have good grades. I may try to squeeze the Amiibo Cup on weekends. But that may not happen every weekend. I really enjoy doing these though. So I'll try my best to get some in or at least a quickie. I'm trying to think of a good ruleset for the Amiibo Showdown because I really like the name.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Not gonna lie, but I want to see how :4gaw: turns out whenever they release him. I wonder if they will have him have a thick width or keep it flat with some kind of stand to support it (They probably will put a stand on him anyway).

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
So as well as my Rosa and Bowser pre-order, I'm apparently getting two new amiibo. I'm planning on getting ones from Wave 2 or possibly some of the rarer Wave 1 amiibo though.

Also, about that disgruntled person who bought all the Rosalina amiibo so no-one could have them, I'm kinda iffed. But it made me feel lucky that I preordered the maiden of the galaxy's amiibo prior to this.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Quick question. I made a thread about this earlier but It didn't get any answers really.

Is a in-box Peach Amiibo that is Off the smash stand rare? It seems to just be sitting in the store that I frequently visit. Not surprised because that store is STACKED on Amiibos. (Luigis, Diddies, WFTs. Marths etc...)

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Quick question. I made a thread about this earlier but It didn't get any answers really.

Is a in-box Peach Amiibo that is Off the smash stand rare? It seems to just be sitting in the store that I frequently visit. Not surprised because that store is STACKED on Amiibos. (Luigis, Diddies, WFTs. Marths etc...)
I'd say so. It's defected so yeah. But I worry on how you said that there is no smash stand since the chip that makes them work for games are located on those stands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom