• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
My amiibos collection consist of :4mario:,:4villager:,:4pit:,and :4littlemac:. :4sonic:and :4megaman:are pre-ordered. I also plan on getting :4pacman:,:4palutena:, and:4duckhunt:. I was originally considering collecting them all, but I decided to just focus on my mains and secondaries.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I dropped Falco by the time Brawl came out, and I don't really know why. Perhaps I should give him another go.
He's good. Real good This coming from a Wolf Main.
He's not as much of a smug bird as he was in brawl with the voice change.
"Han's of ma bread"
And the lack of "Don't try me" Makes me sad. And the land master ticks me off as well.
Unlike Wolf who sounds like he stole the damn thing "We're gonna have fun with this thing"
he shouts a phrase that contradicts himself.....again.
"Personally he doesn't prefer the air"

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I feel like mariotehplumber's plan is going to backfire when he tries to sell 100+ Rosalina under one eBay name, people are going to know it's him and then boycott him and he's going to have wasted $40,000 on pieces of plastic that he doesn't even use.

If he keeps this up someone's gonna end up doxxing him and we don't want that happening /sarcasm

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I feel like mariotehplumber's plan is going to backfire when he tries to sell 100+ Rosalina under one eBay name, people are going to know it's him and then boycott him and he's going to have wasted $40,000 on pieces of plastic that he doesn't even use.

If he keeps this up someone's gonna end up doxxing him and we don't want that happening /sarcasm
Don't speak of him he has an account on here....... He's watching us we are not safe

But seriously buying all of these:rosalina::4shulk::4lucina::4robinf::4villager::4marth::4wiifit::4falcon::4pit:
Show's the popularity the exact opposite of what he wants.
The fool is a major hypocrite, Who knows the sales of Falcon amiibos might actually allow him to push forward into
Captain Falcon: Bounties of the galaxy
Seriously needs his own game like a GTA Spin off.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Don't care if he's here or not, I hope it backfires. I bet it will because Nintendo will be aware of the scalping by many and restock enough to where it's impossible to stop scalpers from buying all of them. Just give it sometime and the scalpers will slowly fizzle away.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It will backfire because she will sell out quickly and she will need a restock.

To Nintendo, his purchases increase demand for something that's already got overwhelming demand going for it without him. Might just give them the extra push to actually give her a game of her own.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Hope we see Wario soon. I'm not a big fan of biker gear Wario, but it would be nice to have at least one piece of merch featuring him.

For wave 3, I've got :4megaman:,:4bowser: and :4dedede: pre-ordered, so I'm all set. Dedede in particular looks absolutely perfect from what we've seen.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I haven't pre-ordered any of Wave 3 (given that Canada hasn't even gotten most of Wave 2 yet, why bother?); I'm mainly looking for :4sonic: (who I figure they'll get a lot of) and :4megaman: (who I'm not as sure about). :4shulk:, :4bowser:, and :4dedede: would be nice, but I'd be happy with just the two third party characters.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Quite shocked that he hasn't got Meta Knight XD
Now talking of Amiibos, speculating for wave 4 ?
:4ness::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4pacman::4palutena::4olimar::4zss::4robinm::4greninja:----:4ganondorf::4bowserjr:Really depends.
I already made a prediction list so Ill just repost it.

Since it seems Ninty is saving secret characters for last, my prediction for wave 4 is as follows:
Almost positive will be in wave 4: :4charizard::4greninja::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4robinm::4zss:
They might but I'm not holding my breath (Unless its a big wave)::4bowserjr::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4ness: :4lucina: (Lucy is a not a starter however for promo purposes she was treated as one)
Wave 5 at best::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4gaw::4rob::4wario::mewtwopm:assuming they maked DLC amiibo, which they should!
EDIT:Thinking on it, Im fairly confident that all in the first two lists sans :4lucina: will be in the next wave.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Reported the video for bullying, and I'd suggest doing the same. Hopefully Youtube does the right thing a removes it rather than giving the guy and his fragile ego more drama.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
The thing I hate even more about the guy is that he acts like he's the innocent one being attacked in the comments when he's the one doing the attacking. I seriously hope what he does makes Nintendo think those characters are really popular, giving them more appearences in more games, thus backfiring his plan.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
The thing I hate even more about the guy is that he acts like he's the innocent one being attacked in the comments when he's the one doing the attacking. I seriously hope what he does makes Nintendo think those characters are really popular, giving them more appearences in more games, thus backfiring his plan.
The thing that makes me die hysterically he claims by buying all the Rosalina's she will go rare.
Let's see where and what she has been doing since her birth in galaxy.
She's been in:

Super Mario Galaxy Non-Playable Character Japan:
November 1, 2007 Wii
Mario Kart Wii Unlockable Playable Character Japan:
April 10, 2008 Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Non-Playable Character North America:
May 23, 2010 Wii
Mario Kart 7 Unlockable Playable Character Japan:
December 1, 2011 Nintendo 3DS
Super Mario 3D World Unlockable Playable Character Japan:
November 21, 2013 Wii U
Mario Party: Island Tour Non-Playable Character North America:
November 22, 2013 Nintendo 3DS
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX Downloadable Playable Character Japan:
July 25, 2013 Arcade
Mario Golf: World Tour Downloadable Playable Character Japan:
May 1, 2014 Nintendo 3DS
Mario Kart 8 Unlockable Playable Character Japan:
May 29, 2014 Wii U
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Playable Character Japan:
September 13, 2014 Nintendo 3DS
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Info from: Mario Wikia
So as you can see she has been in some pretty big hitters maybe some of Mario's biggest hits.
Not to mention Luma itself was playable in Mario Tennis open

So in my eyes if Nintendo Don't re-stock them.
They are seriously not good at making these Amiibo available to us

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Whatever happens, I'm going to go see if my Target has any extra Rosalina amiibo's the day they come out when they open, so then if they do, I'll have a chance of getting one.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just found Diddy Kong today, which surprised me. I also saw that Toys R Us had been re-stocking Samus and Yoshi - another surprise, given that I heard those two were in short supply.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Well it's going to be a crapshoot if I'm going to get :4metaknight: :rosalina: :4dedede: :4lucario:
:4bowser: should be easy though because of his popularity. I have everyone else preordered.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
To those who keep saying MarioPlumber's plan will backfire and aid Nintendo-
No, it wont, the figures were going to sell anyway. The difference he made is that, instead of going to many homes, they are going to one address. He will resell them, and despite not knowing numerically where the monetary figure of 35,000 dollars came from on his expenditure, unless Nintendo has taken head in this long break between amiibo news and is in fact making a hefty stock of the wave 3, then he will likely succeed in selling a good portion of his initial investment, assuming he doesn't put up the entire stock at once, which would ineed deter people from spending a large amount per amiibo. It is improbable this news could reach far enough to affect his sales, particularly if parents and non-smash communities who just happen to Google the amiibo are taken into account.

Thus, he will likely only fail if 1-Nintendo made a large enough stock, 2-his hubris keeps him with enough detractors, 3-Nintendo actually finds his purchasing an anomaly, and in some way intervenes, even if only as a means to be upset an extra party is making so much off of their profit (and upsetting fans), the last being unlikely as it is not unlawful.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Has anyone considered: Villager and WFT were 'discontinued' because they were going to print the alt gender versions next?

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I love amiibos, I try to get the characters I main now or I used to main back then.

My collection so far: :4dk::4falcon::4wiifit: and I am waiting for the package containing :4villager:and :4bowser:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Have you guys seen this penultimate collector Amiibo stand? It is pure glory

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
To those who keep saying MarioPlumber's plan will backfire and aid Nintendo-
No, it wont, the figures were going to sell anyway. The difference he made is that, instead of going to many homes, they are going to one address. He will resell them, and despite not knowing numerically where the monetary figure of 35,000 dollars came from on his expenditure, unless Nintendo has taken head in this long break between amiibo news and is in fact making a hefty stock of the wave 3, then he will likely succeed in selling a good portion of his initial investment, assuming he doesn't put up the entire stock at once, which would ineed deter people from spending a large amount per amiibo. It is improbable this news could reach far enough to affect his sales, particularly if parents and non-smash communities who just happen to Google the amiibo are taken into account.

Thus, he will likely only fail if 1-Nintendo made a large enough stock, 2-his hubris keeps him with enough detractors, 3-Nintendo actually finds his purchasing an anomaly, and in some way intervenes, even if only as a means to be upset an extra party is making so much off of their profit (and upsetting fans), the last being unlikely as it is not unlawful.
Ah but as I stated above she is a hard hitter for Nintendo at the moment.
Roslaina is in all the main games that are well received other than 3d Land and the "new" games.
And he is not buying because he wants to get rich off them, he buys them to successfully keep them from others which will indeed backfire if people don't give in and buy from him.
Rosaluma is shelf stayer she will be a big one. I think the rare ones for Mario will be :4bowserjr:&:4drmario:
Seeing how Bowser Jr is the first to have his own vehicle and the potential of 7 different alts.
:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:
And Dr.Mario because we don't here from him much now, his last game was technically Dr.Luigi.

But who knows I could be a sucker once more like I was with :4wiifit:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Ah but as I stated above she is a hard hitter for Nintendo at the moment.
Roslaina is in all the main games that are well received other than 3d Land and the "new" games.
And he is not buying because he wants to get rich off them, he buys them to successfully keep them from others which will indeed backfire if people don't give in and buy from him.
Rosaluma is shelf stayer she will be a big one. I think the rare ones for Mario will be :4bowserjr:&:4drmario:
Seeing how Bowser Jr is the first to have his own vehicle and the potential of 7 different alts.
:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:
And Dr.Mario because we don't here from him much now, his last game was technically Dr.Luigi.

But who knows I could be a sucker once more like I was with :4wiifit:
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.
You start by saying that Rosalina is in the Mario franchise, and that makes her likely to stay in stock- which we have no real claim to base this on, as there has not been a fully realized understanding as to which Amiibo are available and which are not *when did Nintendo start caring about Diddy to make him so prevalent?* Her being playable does not truly indicate much, and as you pointed out, not all Mario characters are necessary going to be in high stock.

All of this, of course, having nothing to do with what I stated above. If nothing else, the fact that Rosalina is a store exclusive means she is going to sell out in spurts, even if she is continually manufactured, and that Mariotehplumber will be able to sell them back at market price.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeeeeeah, about that:

I don't think that makes it "wide reaching." It is still a very niche phrase on a single medium of Google search. A large number of people who are searching for this will not do so through that device, and it doesnt matter how many hundreds or even thousands of fans of the game or potential customers see it, all that matters monetarily is that 100 people do in fact not see it, find his name, and click on the amiibo to purchase.

Also, cannot find the comment on Ike amiibo, but... yes, he does look more like his Brawl self. Look at this comparison. Quite sad really.

That is his prototype amiibo compared to the one we actually get. Improved colours. Lost body tone, expression, and overall sex appeal.

Top Bottom