• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I would hope so, as quite frankly, what was just discovered still needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Man, we better get a Nintendo Direct soon. At least it's been 2-3 months since the last one. Everyone's worries could be solved with a simple actually direct statement from Nintendo.
Yeah, it does :ohwell:

And honestly, I would take an amiibo focused (with a few games on the side as well mind you :p) any day at this point, especially since they've sold as much as the freaking Disney Infinity stuff.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a direct in February either tbh.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I've pre-ordered a Pit amiibo from two separate places, and both got cancelled from lack of stock. Just, really?! I shouldn't need to spend hours glued to store websites for shipment updates or go around every day wasting gas searching every store for a simple piece of programmed plastic!

Nintendo better come clean with a concise explanation soon because this nonsense is making me angrier by the freaking day.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
You guys really should've ordered the Wave 2 amiibos as soon as they hit the web. I got my Falcon because I pre-ordered it from GameStop.com back in October. I have alot of Wave 3 pre-ordered from them too.

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Not sure if I'd like a whole Nintendo direct focused on amiibo. A 1 minute explanation on what's going on with it, 5 minutes showing it off in Wooly World/Captain Toad, but then what? I would love it for it to be a segment though, along with Majora's Mask info, Mewtwo info, and ACWii U is in dev. announcement.

My Captain Falcon comes tomorrow, I'm hyped. *v*

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Back with another analysis of mine.

I've been playing 1v1s with :4mario:Bidizzle, my best amiibo as you may have know by now (I'll say it again but first page to see the beginning and page 5 to see Danky Kangs new progress). I found out he has a weakness and he gets footstool a little often. I taught him how to do it himself but still can't defend from it and he also air dodges to dodge my attacks when he tries to recover but he falls to his death once he gets out of the dodge.

He also had hard times fighting level 9 custom cpus on a 1v1. Instead of making him as a version of me, I had to change him a bit to get used to cpus. Ironically enough I tested him to do 1v1s with all my amiibos and won including Lugy(I'll talk more about it later). He also started to own cpus. Maybe he wasn't prepared to fight a cpu custom level 9 since it has been awhile for that.

As for more Danky Kang progress, not much improvement. He hits like a truck but still have trouble with 1v2s. Lugy can't be the only one for this now! I would feed him more equipment but I'm running out of big stats equipment.

Back to Bidizzle 1v1s and give it more detail. These matches were in 3 stocks. first match was with :4yoshi:Bozer. Bozer took the first stock then Bidizzle actually won with 2 stocks over 200% percent! :4pikachu:Sparly was next and he showed improvement but Bidizzle still 2 stocked him. :4kirby:Curbie, poor guy. He didn't look like he knew what he was doing or what he was in for. Bidizzle 3 stocked him and only took 51%. :4dk:Danky Kang, surprisingly enough, Bidizzle won with only 1 stock. Much better for Danky Kang than what he was in his old training. :4luigi:Lugy, Lugy got the first stock but Bidizzle came through and barely won in the end. Closest match yet.

I'll keep coming up with more data and see their struggles and hopefully they overcome it and tell you guys about it.

I'll also have a new :4mario: amiibo sometime this month. This one will be custom painted (by someone I know) to have the fire mario costume as a present for my b-day this month. I already got plans to train this one and will also be part of my amiibo family (Will he actually take out Bidizzle?)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I am still miffed Shulk can't be preordered anymore. All I need is Shulk, Palutena, and Jigglypuff. I'd enjoy an amiibo of Volga from Hyrule Warriors too but that's not happening.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I do little mini seasons to determine which Amiibo is the best. I formal it in an NHL type of system where they have a regular season then playoff round. Right now only 4 can enter the playoffs but over time the playoffs will expand when there are more Amiibo. Here's the results of the last season I had which was last night.

Each Amiibo faces each other once.

* - tiebreaker fight

Ties with more than 2 figures be decided by the EventHubs tier list

Rankings: December 31, 2014
W-L-SD
IN PLAYOFFS
1. Mario 8-3-0 16 pts
2. Luigi 8-3-0 16 pts
3. Kirby 8-3-0 16 pts
4. Peach* 7-4-0 14 pts
ELIMINATED
5. Pikachu* 7-4-0 14 pts
6. Link 6-5-0 12 pts
7. Fox 6-5-0 12 pts
8. Zelda 6-5-0 12 pts
9. Diddy Kong 5-6-0 10 pts
10. Donkey Kong 4-7-0 8 pts
11. Yoshi 1-10-0 2 pts
12. Samus 0-11-0 0 pts

PLAYOFFS: Best of 3

SEMI FINALS

1. Mario: 2 vs 4. Peach: 0
2. Luigi: 0 vs 3. Kirby: 2

3RD PLACE

2. Luigi: 2 vs 4. Peach: 1

FINALS

1. Mario: 2 vs 3. Kirby: 0

CHAMPION: Mario
2ND PLACE: Kirby
3RD PLACE: Luigi

:4samus: and :4yoshi: have a lot of work to do if they're going to win an Amiibo Cup lol

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I do little mini seasons to determine which Amiibo is the best. I formal it in an NHL type of system where they have a regular season then playoff round. Right now only 4 can enter the playoffs but over time the playoffs will expand when there are more Amiibo. Here's the results of the last season I had which was last night.

Each Amiibo faces each other once.

* - tiebreaker fight

Ties with more than 2 figures be decided by the EventHubs tier list

Rankings: December 31, 2014
W-L-SD
IN PLAYOFFS
1. Mario 8-3-0 16 pts
2. Luigi 8-3-0 16 pts
3. Kirby 8-3-0 16 pts
4. Peach* 7-4-0 14 pts
ELIMINATED
5. Pikachu* 7-4-0 14 pts
6. Link 6-5-0 12 pts
7. Fox 6-5-0 12 pts
8. Zelda 6-5-0 12 pts
9. Diddy Kong 5-6-0 10 pts
10. Donkey Kong 4-7-0 8 pts
11. Yoshi 1-10-0 2 pts
12. Samus 0-11-0 0 pts

PLAYOFFS: Best of 3

SEMI FINALS

1. Mario: 2 vs 4. Peach: 0
2. Luigi: 0 vs 3. Kirby: 2

3RD PLACE

2. Luigi: 2 vs 4. Peach: 1

FINALS

1. Mario: 2 vs 3. Kirby: 0

CHAMPION: Mario
2ND PLACE: Kirby
3RD PLACE: Luigi

:4samus: and :4yoshi: have a lot of work to do if they're going to win an Amiibo Cup lol
Eventhubs tier list is stupid

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
What are everyone's plans to display their amiibo collection?
I'll just line them up in this order.

:4kirby::4ness::4gaw::4olimar::4duckhunt::4pacman:

The wait for any of these to be announced is painful...

Except Kirby, I have a very lonely Kirby.
[collapse=]
:4pacman::4ness::4gaw::4olimar::4duckhunt::4kirby:
In my dreams.[/collapse]

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I should be getting a few more amiibo at the end of this month, preferably Ike, Sheik and Mario, due to Wave 3 Part 1 coming out on the 23rd January. I should also be hopefully pre-ordering Shulk. After that, I'll be hunting for Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer again.

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
I preordered Mega Man twice, one to keep sealed and one to use! I hope both are preordered at the right time. D:

By the way, is it true that Fox amiibo are rarer to get now? Because of that rumor, I got the Fox amiibo and the Kirby amiibo (since he's rare in Europe, explains why the store raised the price by 20 euros. ._.)!

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
On my shelf It think I'll have it like this:

Right now it's this order: :4mario: :4yoshi: :4link: :4kirby:, Yoshi and Link were my first two amiibo so I'll keep them front and center, Mario is important/popular so he'll stay next to Yoshi to the left, when I get Luigi on Monday Luigi will go to the left of Mario (similar to the Smash 64 menu). I'll put Captain Falcon next to Kirby for now, so on Monday it will look like:

:4luigi: :4mario: :4yoshi: :4link: :4kirby: :4falcon:

And once I get the other ones I preordered + Rosalina (if I ever get her s: )

:4sonic: :rosalina: :4luigi: :4mario: :4yoshi: :4link: :4sheik: :4tlink: :4kirby: :4falcon:

I thought I was the only one who put my amiibo in little tournaments. :p They're fun to watch.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
That's great @ Dreamy Luigi Dreamy Luigi ! I'm going to order them by series and probably by personal significance but more related to the nostalgia I get from particular series. For example, the Mario Characters would be first. My first video game was Super Mario World on the SNES. Then the DK characters for a similar reason, the original DKC. Zelda series would be next followed by Fire Emblem. I'm keeping them sealed though so Ill probably put some hooks on my wall to display them.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
so I just pretty much figured out that there's legitimately no way of getting a villager for cheap in america.

well then..

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
so I just pretty much figured out that there's legitimately no way of getting a villager for cheap in america.

well then..
Try to go on Ebay. You can get a Japanese one for a decent price. They are not region locked. That's how I got my WFT and Little Mac for 20 bucks each.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
Try to go on Ebay. You can get a Japanese one for a decent price. They are not region locked. That's how I got my WFT and Little Mac for 20 bucks each.
actually, villagers are over 40 dollars on ebay. They used to be 30 before christmas but the prices keep rising

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
My Pit and Captain Falcons were officially cancelled this morning. I saw other people's Lucarios getting cancelled but mine didn't just Pit and CF for now. At this point I expect all of my "make good" order to be cancelled by TRU.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Apparently my Luigi amiibo came in just now, I though it was coming on Monday x:

Well, yay.

Ah, symmetrical.

Last edited:

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know where I can get Pit and CF for under $30 each? Hoping for the 20's range for Pit. Definitely not retail but at this point I just need to do what I have to. I am looking for somehwere that ships to the US.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Anyone know where I can get Pit and CF for under $30 each? Hoping for the 20's range for Pit. Definitely not retail but at this point I just need to do what I have to. I am looking for somehwere that ships to the US.
Pit is coming up at regular price for about a second at a time on Amazon.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I can totally see a business from custom amiibos. If nintendo sold alternate costumes, imagine how much they could make off of it (considering amiibos itself are already through the roof).
Nintendo selling alt costumes would be cool, I'd rather have those be rare than normal amiibos.

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
Nintendo selling alt costumes would be cool, I'd rather have those be rare than normal amiibos.
I agree! It would be cool, maybe with Trophy Unlock bonuses, like unlocking the Alt Trophies by scanning them on the (New) 3DS or the Wii U Gamepad!

I would also like to see amiibo cases or so produced by Nintendo, like a plastic transparent 'suitcase' for 6 amiibo. Maybe with a nametag in front of every space to write the name (and the game(s) meant for it) on it.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I guess It's time to save up some money in the hopes that I can import a Little Mac, then... Shipping from Europe is so expensive... I just can't keep waking up every morning and going to Target all the time. It's driving me nuts.

I'm keeping about half of them in the box right now. Once I have a place of my own, I'll set up a table or stand in one of the rooms for displaying them all. The few I have unboxed, I up up on my sister's fireplace mantle :)

Last edited:

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
I guess It's time to save up some money in the hopes that I can import a Little Mac, then... Shipping from Europe is so expensive... I just can't keep waking up every morning and going to Target all the time. It's driving me nuts.

I'm keeping about half of them in the box right now. Once I have a place of my own, I'll set up a table or stand in one of the rooms for displaying them all. The few I have unboxed, I up up on my sister's fireplace mantle :)
You need to be lucky to import from Europe, I only saw 1 Little Mac in Germany or the Netherlands. o_O

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It's incredible how Little Mac is rarer than Marth ever was... Most store managers I've talked to have never seen one, but have seen Pit or others at least a few times.

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
I saw Marth once, in the same store I found Little Mac, I didn't take Marth, since his box got damaged, kinda regret it, but also not, since I got Wii Fit Trainer and Villager (WFT replacing Marth). ^^;

Did anyone here actually make predictions of the next waves? I hope a Ness amiibo will come in Wave 6 or so, atleast soon. >.<

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
My pit amiibo came into hastings today!

I saw Marth once, in the same store I found Little Mac, I didn't take Marth, since his box got damaged, kinda regret it, but also not, since I got Wii Fit Trainer and Villager (WFT replacing Marth). ^^;

Did anyone here actually make predictions of the next waves? I hope a Ness amiibo will come in Wave 6 or so, at least soon. >.<
Since it seems Ninty is saving secret characters for last, my prediction for wave 4 is as follows:
Almost positive will be in wave 4: :4charizard::4greninja::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4robinm::4zss:
They might but I'm not holding my breath (Unless its a big wave)::4bowserjr::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4ness: :4lucina: (Lucy is a not a starter however for promo purposes she was treated as one)
Wave 5 at best::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4gaw::4rob::4wario::mewtwopm:assuming they maked DLC amiibo, which they should!

Also for fun a predicted rarity list:

Teir S: (Here even after the end of amiibo, think link)
Nobody
Tier A:
:4charizard::4wario:
Tier B:
:4ganondorf::4bowserjr:
Tier C:
:4greninja::4pacman::4jigglypuff::4zss::mewtwopm::4olimar:
Tier D:
:4drmario::4palutena::4robinm::4lucina::4falco:
Tier :4marth: :
:4gaw::4rob::4darkpit::4ness::4duckhunt:

Last edited: