• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I missed Pit again... This is really Toys R Us to blame I shouldn't be in this position.

Last edited:

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I guess It's time to save up some money in the hopes that I can import a Little Mac, then... Shipping from Europe is so expensive... I just can't keep waking up every morning and going to Target all the time. It's driving me nuts.

I'm keeping about half of them in the box right now. Once I have a place of my own, I'll set up a table or stand in one of the rooms for displaying them all. The few I have unboxed, I up up on my sister's fireplace mantle :)
Your signature makes the post even better

Hastings does special orders from stores. Thats how I am getting my Pit amiibo. It helps for the ones you miss ship for.
Hastings? I Google them found a Gohastings site and it had Pit for $38.99 and Captain Falcon for $23.99 but both listed sold out. Not sure I know what Hastings is. Could you assist with a link?

Last edited:

Geek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeektheMeek
Right now, I have :4peach: and :4wiifit:. I spent $30 on the WFT amiibo, but I'm so used to purchasing Japanese imports that it's no problem. My brother has three more amiibos which are :4yoshi:, :4marth:, and :4samus:.

I don't plan on getting much more because of how cruddy the scalping situation is. The store-exclusive amiibos are practically all sold out, which I was leaning towards getting :rosalina:. I kind of figured of getting :4zelda: to complete the princess collection, but amiibos are so expensive for my liking, that I don't plan on getting any of those. I'm sticking with the mains.

And unfortunately, this is happening to those store-exclusive figures.

There are people buying multiple amiibos, which are exactly the same. These are Shulk and Lucario pre-orders. I found these on eBay. The seller is selling both of these figures for $99.95

Ah well.

Last edited:

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
i met someone on reddit who imported some villagers and is giving them away for a cheap price of ~20 dollars. in about a week, we'll see if I can buy one from him.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Sigh. I turn left and right reading about people just finding/ordering rare amiibos seemingly on a whim while I can't find anything beyond wave 1 commons (besides Diddy Kong and that's it) within my freaking country to save my life!

It. Should. Not. Be. This. DIFFICULT!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sigh. I turn left and right reading about people just finding/ordering rare amiibos seemingly on a whim while I can't find anything beyond wave 1 commons (besides Diddy Kong and that's it) within my freaking country to save my life!

It. Should. Not. Be. This. DIFFICULT!
Apparently Amazon has had Little Mac going up and down frantically. Keep checking there. People have been snagging him there.

I think GameStop may also have the same case with Pit.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Apparently Amazon has had Little Mac going up and down frantically. Keep checking there. People have been snagging him there.

I think GameStop may also have the same case with Pit.
I shouldn't need to spend hours glued to store websites for shipment updates or go around every day wasting gas searching every store for a simple piece of programmed plastic!
And trust me, I've been scouring every nook and cranny on the web. And it seems like every time I turn my back a tiny shipment pops up somewhere that I miss.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
*Sigh* All this looking and griping I would rather just enjoy them. What would be nice is if Nintendo allowed us to Amiibo battle online for gold or 2V2 Amiibo/Human. I know team Amiibo battles are possible offline but everyone I know doesn't want to go through the hassle I am, still no Pit no Captain Falcon :(.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And trust me, I've been scouring every nook and cranny on the web. And it seems like every time I turn my back a tiny shipment pops up somewhere that I miss.
I understand that you're probably frustrated with the situation. We all are. But the fact is that this is how things are right now, and you just have to keep your eye on things like that.

Honestly if I had the money I would help people out with Amiibos. Besides Little Mac, everyone still seems to be available around here.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Was out doing some errands and had some time to kill and stopped at a Gamestop* on the way. Turns out they just got 1 Captain Falcon and 2 Pits shipped and just put them out on display a short time before I walked in.

Snagged a Pit without a second thought. Except for Marth/Rest of the Original 12, who aren't high priorities for obvious reasons, I'm done until Wave 3.

*Which I noticed today that the in-store tracker isn't available on this page anymore? Site Glitch?

EDIT: Not sure if this is good advice, but from what I've been told by employees from Gamestop/Best Buy, amiibos come by UPS, not from the store's storage facility. Our mail comes around 2pm-5pm, and I got my Little Mac around 3pm, Pit around 3:30pm. and Falcon around 4:30pm. The best time to check out stores is maybe around the time your area gets it's daily mail.

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Was out doing some errands and had some time to kill and stopped at a Gamestop* on the way. Turns out they just got 1 Captain Falcon and 2 Pits shipped and just put them out on display a short time before I walked in.

Snagged a Pit without a second thought. Except for Marth/Rest of the Original 12, who aren't high priorities for obvious reasons, I'm done until Wave 3.

*Which I noticed today that the in-store tracker isn't available on this page anymore? Site Glitch?

EDIT: Not sure if this is good advice, but from what I've been told by employees from Gamestop/Best Buy, amiibos come by UPS, not from the store's storage facility. Our mail comes around 2pm-5pm, and I got my Little Mac around 3pm, Pit around 3:30pm. and Falcon around 4:30pm. The best time to check out stores is maybe around the time your area gets it's daily mail.
Surprisingly, this can even be the case for Target. I was talking with a rep when I finally got Captain Falcon, and he told me that the four they got came by UPS.

SkywardSoldier

Smash Rookie
NNID
Joshypoohbear
I got quite a few Amiibos, wish I could've gotten Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Marth before they disappeared off the shelves here in my hometown. :(

I have Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Diddy Kong, Samus, and Kirby lol.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
*Sigh* All this looking and griping I would rather just enjoy them. What would be nice is if Nintendo allowed us to Amiibo battle online for gold or 2V2 Amiibo/Human. I know team Amiibo battles are possible offline but everyone I know doesn't want to go through the hassle I am, still no Pit no Captain Falcon :(.
I don't think a thing like humans/amiibo can go out well for online. Amiibos probably would have an advantage while humans have to deal with lag inputs. Amiibo only matches seem fine and they should add that in.

Chey

Smash Cadet
I had some time yesterday and visited my local stores, here's what I found:

As you can see (I hope) there are at least two little Mac's, a lot of Fox and Samus amiibos, I saw some Pits and even the Villager and Marth. Falcon is also just hanging there.
I'm already considering buying the rare ones, in case they vanish completely, should I do that?

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I had some time yesterday and visited my local stores, here's what I found:

As you can see (I hope) there are at least two little Mac's, a lot of Fox and Samus amiibos, I saw some Pits and even the Villager and Marth.
I'm already considering buying the rare ones, in case they vanish completely, should I do that?
My reaction:

And then:

By the way, you should also buy any of the rare figures before most disappear... trust me on that one.

Chey

Smash Cadet
I really am amazed how available most of those amiibos are in germany..
I don't really dare to buy them, because they aren't my favourite characters.. and won't they be produced again at some point?

D

Deleted member

All this talk of rarity is driving my collector instinct crazy. It's making me want to buy more than just the characters I will actually use (:4shulk::4ness::4gaw::4rob:).

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Is there any place in Germany with cheap or free shipping to the US that has Pit and Captain Falcon? Those are the only 2 I need. I think... I have many on pre order but let's just say I got TRUst issues.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
All this talk of rarity is driving my collector instinct crazy. It's making me want to buy more than just the characters I will actually use (:4shulk::4ness::4gaw::4rob:).
All of them will be obscure I bet. Better pre order and don't use Toys R Us. Of course Shulk is Gamestop only. Interesting enough I have not seen any pre orders for Shulk in other regions, I have seen Lucario Rosalina (Rosetta) and Metaknight in Japan.

D

Deleted member

All of them will be obscure I bet. Better pre order and don't use Toys R Us. Of course Shulk is Gamestop only. Interesting enough I have not seen any pre orders for Shulk in other regions, I have seen Lucario Rosalina (Rosetta) and Metaknight in Japan.
Yeah, I preordered Shulk first chance I got, and the others have yet to be announced. I kind of want to get a second Shulk that I keep sealed, but I guess if I get one, I can't really complain.

Edigital23

Smash Rookie
NNID
Edigital23
3DS FC
4253-3504-1896
Rumor has it Samus is discontinued and my local TRU has it stocked. Not sure if I should get it.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Is there any place in Germany with cheap or free shipping to the US that has Pit and Captain Falcon? Those are the only 2 I need. I think... I have many on pre order but let's just say I got TRUst issues.
As an experiment I ordered a Marth amiibo from Amazon Germany just to see the cost to ship to my home in the U.S. Overall (item plus S&H) it was $34. A bit pricey but certainly more merciful then any given eBay scalper.

I may just bite that bullet soon if a better deal don't come up (and before anyone brings up Hastings the closest store to me is a four hour drive, so that's sadly out of the question).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

My local Smyths have finally listed the rest of Wave 3/Wave 3B (Shulk, Sonic, Mega Man, King Dedede). They are to be released on the 20th February there.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Brief update on my analysis. Bidizzle and I did a 2v4 3 stock against 4 level 9 cpus. We actually won and each of us only lost 1 stock. Wierd since he hasn't trained for this long as Danky Kang (where I did 2v3s instead) and he already did a better job than Danky Kang.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I have no idea what to do to get the Rosalina amiibo now, I guess if it's for order online when it actually releases I'll have to buy it there. I guess x:

Also I need to update my amiibo training:

:4luigi: Dreamy L (named after my username, of course) mirror matched me until it got to level 25. But I'm not very good with Luigi so I just had :4mario: Firelord M train it the rest. At the end it look like it's way better now, I'll see for myself later when I fight it.

:4falcon: Cpt Norris is not that strong atm, probably the weakest of my amiibo, I'll have to do more training.

Tonight I'm going to try having a little amiibo tournament. Since I have 6 amiibo, they'll first be split into two groups. Two 1v1v1's, the winner of both automatically seed into Round 2. The 4 that didn't win one of the seeding matches will be in Round 1 and I'll do bracket format from there on.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
See, the thing with the "dual wielding" Amiibos that crop up that make me mega suspicious is that the "error" second weapon is mirrored. This isn't a case of, "oops, we glued the wrong hand on." This was done deliberately. Dunno what manufacturing method they use to make the Amiibo parts, but unless it's 100% 3D printing, errors like this just don't happen willy-nilly on toy shelves.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
See, the thing with the "dual wielding" Amiibos that crop up that make me mega suspicious is that the "error" second weapon is mirrored. This isn't a case of, "oops, we glued the wrong hand on." This was done deliberately. Dunno what manufacturing method they use to make the Amiibo parts, but unless it's 100% 3D printing, errors like this just don't happen willy-nilly on toy shelves.
I highly doubt they even use 3D printing at all, otherwise this would never have happened:

And the fact that the Marth Amiibo did get updated also speaks against it. Maybe the prototypes were 3D printed, though.

And in general, mass producing 3D printed figurines is really expensive, especially if you want it done in a timely fashion. Not that Nintendo don't have the money to do that, but I doubt they'd make near the amount of profit they are making off of Amiibos if they were 3D printed.

As far as that Pit defects go, I personally don't know if it could be marked as intentional. It really just depends on exactly how they manufacture these things. If people actually do put them together manually, then I could see a random slip up happening.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I highly doubt they even use 3D printing at all, otherwise this would never have happened:

And the fact that the Marth Amiibo did get updated also speaks against it. Maybe the prototypes were 3D printed, though.

And in general, mass producing 3D printed figurines is really expensive, especially if you want it done in a timely fashion. Not that Nintendo don't have the money to do that, but I doubt they'd make near the amount of profit they are making off of Amiibos if they were 3D printed.

As far as that Pit defects go, I personally don't know if it could be marked as intentional. It really just depends on exactly how they manufacture these things. If people actually do put them together manually, then I could see a random slip up happening.
Dude, either a consumer fabricated this out of 2 Pit Amiibos (and perhaps a right hand from another figure, or someone skilled with fabrication techniques made the fingers), or the factory that makes Amiibos is deliberately creating mirrored molds, etc. You can't accidently glue a right-handed fist clutching the Palutena Bow, because that part doesn't exist. And yes, it is possible to put an Amiibo back in the box, with enough patience, so the "scam" angle isn't farfetched.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dude, either a consumer fabricated this out of 2 Pit Amiibos (and perhaps a right hand from another figure, or someone skilled with fabrication techniques made the fingers), or the factory that makes Amiibos is deliberately creating mirrored molds, etc. You can't accidently glue a right-handed fist clutching the Palutena Bow, because that part doesn't exist. And yes, it is possible to put an Amiibo back in the box, with enough patience, so the "scam" angle isn't farfetched.
Pit normally wields the Palutena's Bow in his right hand though, and normal Amiibos depict that. The part very much does exist.

And taking a look at my own Pit Amiibo, the hands do appear to be a separate part to the arm.

Even if the left hand in this case was not mirrored (which would be the bigger eyebrow raiser, as THAT part does not normally exist), it's still entirely possible that the part was just accidentally developed, and lazily applied to the Amiibo.

Also, if you check the images in the link which show the packaging, there is no visible sign of it being opened. Putting an opened box back together is possible, but doing it without leaving traces of it being opened is impossible.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Pit normally wields the Palutena's Bow in his right hand though, and normal Amiibos depict that. The part very much does exist.

And taking a look at my own Pit Amiibo, the hands do appear to be a separate part to the arm.

Even if the left hand in this case was not mirrored (which would be the bigger eyebrow raiser, as THAT part does not normally exist), it's still entirely possible that the part was just accidentally developed, and lazily applied to the Amiibo.

Also, if you check the images of in the link which show the packaging, there is no visible sign of it being opened. Putting an opened box back together is possible, but doing it without leaving traces of it being opened is impossible.
Yeah, on closer inspection, the left hand on the dual wielder is using a right hand piece.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And on inspecting the CSPIA document for Pit:

It's literally just made at some factory in China. So yeah, I could easily see a factory worker making this mistake. Also consider the fact that console/handheld games have been banned in China for quite a while, so it's not unreasonable to think that the factory workers are not very aware of many of the characters they are making figures of (even if they are gamers to begin with), and are easily prone to making mistakes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom