• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
It's a waste of money not using them. What's the point in having it in the box when you're not going to use it. I hate it when collectors keep things like Amiibo factory sealed and just have hordes of the rare ones and never use them. Don't listen to what your friend says. If you kept them factory sealed for 10 years then they may be worth something. But for something that is brand new and just got released, it's a waste of money. Just open them and enjoy them, that's what they're meant for.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hey guys, I'm bothered about something... I have the :4fox::4wiifit::4villager::4kirby::4littlemac:amiibo, and I don't know if I should open them/remove the magnetic sticker, or keep them untouched... What would you guys do? One says I should keep it sealed, or I'll regret it later, and the other says it's a waste of money, not using them...
If you're really unsure and are maybe forseeing hard financial times or something, keep :4littlemac::4wiifit::4villager: sealed. These three are rare, and could potentially make you quite a bit of money in the future.

:4kirby: & :4fox: won't get you anything beyond retail price though, as they are readily available right now. So you may as well open those two.

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
If you're really unsure and are maybe forseeing hard financial times or something, keep :4littlemac::4wiifit::4villager: sealed. These three are rare, and could potentially make you quite a bit of money in the future.

:4kirby: & :4fox: won't get you anything beyond retail price though, as they are readily available right now. So you may as well open those two.
Well, Kirby is rare in Europe, and Fox is, according what I've heard, getting more rare!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, Kirby is rare in Europe, and Fox is, according what I've heard, getting more rare!
Maybe, but there is no doubt that they will be being restocked. The recent CSPIA (sp?) documents confirmed it more or less, but even without that, Kirby and Fox have new games coming out that are already confirmed to use Amiibos (Kirby and the Rainbow Curse has even had it's exact use confirmed). They are also usable in quite a few games (Fox currently has 6 or 7 confirmed games, and I think Kirby does too).

They may be a little rare now (and even then, they're not that bad - they seem to be pretty readily available at online retailers), but they will come back with more stock.

------------

Never heard of it before, but here is a Japanese site with many available Amiibos:
http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/sear...desc&search_query=amiibo&submit_search=Search

Pit, Rosalina, and Lucario are a little more expensive for some reason though (it works out as $16 for those three). And Villager is significantly more expensive than the others listed there.

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
Maybe, but there is no doubt that they will be being restocked. The recent CSPIA (sp?) documents confirmed it more or less, but even without that, Kirby and Fox have new games coming out that are already confirmed to use Amiibos (Kirby and the Rainbow Curse has even had it's exact use confirmed). They are also usable in quite a few games (Fox currently has 6 or 7 confirmed games, and I think Kirby does too).

They may be a little rare now (and even then, they're not that bad - they seem to be pretty readily available at online retailers), but they will come back with more stock.

------------

Never heard of it before, but here is a Japanese site with many available Amiibos:
http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/sear...desc&search_query=amiibo&submit_search=Search

Pit, Rosalina, and Lucario are a little more expensive for some reason though (it works out as $16 for those three). And Villager is significantly more expensive than the others listed there.
Well, I'll keep them all sealed for now, thanks for trying to help me! However, I'll try to search for double ones for which ones I like, like Double Little Mac! I did preorder Mega Man twice, one to keep it sealed, one to use!

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik

------------

Anything but the Card Form. These figures pay a great tribute to Melee.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Has there been more conclusive discussions about competitive formats featuring amiibos as a side gig? What seems most popular?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Has there been more conclusive discussions about competitive formats featuring amiibos as a side gig? What seems most popular?
Not necessarily, but if you want to see something in relation to that, try googling "Amiibo Fight Club". It was some stream in which someone set up Amiibos in a tourney of sorts. I believe it was meant to be a test for competitive Amiibo fighting formats.

I don't expect any competitive Amiibo scene to develop until all of the Smash Amiibos are available to purchase, though.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
So, I was doing some thinking and provided that there's going to be a Dark Pit amiibo (which, apparently Nintendo wants to do the full roster) how will he fit in the box?
image.jpg

Everyone was complaining about Marth's sword being bent (not mine though, thankfully), but I don't see them possibly fitting Dark Pits staff in a normal size box. It juts out diagonally.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, I was doing some thinking and provided that there's going to be a Dark Pit amiibo (which, apparently Nintendo wants to do the full roster) how will he fit in the box?
View attachment 34746
Everyone was complaining about Marth's sword being bent (not mine though, thankfully), but I don't see them possibly fitting Dark Pits staff in a normal size box. It juts out diagonally.
Either they'll make the staff shorter (like how they adjusted Captain Falcon's pose so his left leg doesn't jut out as much), or they will position him differently (Amiibos are packaged to match their pose angles normally). Or maybe they will actually give him a bigger box.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Either they'll make the staff shorter (like how they adjusted Captain Falcon's pose so his left leg doesn't jut out as much), or they will position him differently (Amiibos are packaged to match their pose angles normally). Or maybe they will actually give him a bigger box.
I thought that possibly they could use his alt trophy pose but, well..
image.jpg

I would rather not have a top heavy amiibo.. I just hope he isn't a special/limited edition or some sort of prize because he's different.

Dan

Smash Lord
My brother actually made the Waluigi and Dixie. He's working on two more right now. Are there any you guys would like to see or would think to be a good idea? I thought Pichu for Pikachu and Daisy for Peach for sure.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
My brother actually made the Waluigi and Dixie. He's working on two more right now. Are there any you guys would like to see or would think to be a good idea? I thought Pichu for Pikachu and Daisy for Peach for sure.
A Fire Emblem Roy would be bloomin' amazing.

On topic, would you guys be willing to buy other types of amiibo, as in...amiibo that aren't based on SSB? I personally wouldn't. I'd only buy those that I like, such as Fire Emblem amiibo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

On topic, would you guys be willing to buy other types of amiibo, as in...amiibo that aren't based on SSB? I personally wouldn't. I'd only buy those that I like, such as Fire Emblem amiibo.
Whole collections? I won't be collecting them. Highly unlikely, anyway. The Smash collection is gonna cost me €750 alone, assuming I can get all of them at retail. And it covers a wide array of franchises anyway, so if I did get more into certain franchises in the future, at least I have a figure or two of it's main characters.

Though I would get individual Amiibos if they interested me. Right now, I would not be interested in any Amiibos from, say, and Animal Crossing collection or a Fire Emblem collection. However, if they made an MK8 line and it had a Biker Rosalina Amiibo, I'd pre-order that ASAP.

Similarly, if SEGA makes a Sonic Amiibo collection (which I think is only a matter of time really), then I might get into that at least a little bit...

Speaking of which, my Sonic Amiibo isn't working...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

If any of the characters in my sig get an Amiibo, you can bet your butt they'll be day one purchases. I'd really like to collect a few Hyrule Warrior amiibos if such a thing came out, and wouldn't blink twice at purchasing any and all Captain Toad related ones. Hell, I may even get a Yarn Yoshi one if it does something neat for Wooly World.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
If any of the characters in my sig get an Amiibo, you can bet your butt they'll be day one purchases. I'd really like to collect a few Hyrule Warrior amiibos if such a thing came out, and wouldn't blink twice at purchasing any and all Captain Toad related ones. Hell, I may even get a Yarn Yoshi one if it does something neat for Wooly World.
Hahah, I'd be first in line to get a Bandana Dee amiibo.

Purio

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised we have yet to get any non-Smash Amiibos. Would have thought we'd get some for Hyrule Warriors like Lana and Impa. Some for Captain Toad like Toadette and himself.

... I fear for the idea of many many Amiibos that could come out of Animal Crossing and Pokemon. That would blow huge holes in many wallets, haha!

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised we have yet to get any non-Smash Amiibos. Would have thought we'd get some for Hyrule Warriors like Lana and Impa. Some for Captain Toad like Toadette and himself.

... I fear for the idea of many many Amiibos that could come out of Animal Crossing and Pokemon. That would blow huge holes in many wallets, haha!
If catching em all means buying em all then I'm trading in my Pokedex.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059

I have a feeling Animal Crossing will get it's own amiibo series (I mean at some point there will have to be another amiibo series, bc I don't just want Smash to be the only game that makes big use of amiibo). I would buy Animal Crossing amiibo in a heartbeat.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Well I'm doing my 5th Amiibo Cup right now. This will be Little Mac's first season. Let's see how well he does against the rest of the competition. And can Samus and Yoshi turn it around after Yoshi went 1-10-0 and Samus went 0-11-0 the previous season.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Well I'm doing my 5th Amiibo Cup right now. This will be Little Mac's first season. Let's see how well he does against the rest of the competition. And can Samus and Yoshi turn it around after Yoshi went 1-10-0 and Samus went 0-11-0 the previous season.
Samus 4 best anti-CPU. Unless they were raised differently?

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Samus 4 best anti-CPU. Unless they were raised differently?
None of them have boosts on them and they were all raised differently so their play styles are all really different. Samus and Yoshi seem to not know what to do to their opponents at high percents. It seems to affect them during matches.

Purio

Smash Cadet
If catching em all means buying em all then I'm trading in my Pokedex.
I think of next gen on the new 3DS, scanning special Pokemon Amiibos gives you that Pokemon in game with set move set and random nature/EVs/IVs... You know everyone would be going crazy for them.

I imagine a new Animal Crossing on the new 3DS kinda the same. Buuut... Probably more like those E-Reader cards from the GC. Scan a villager to get a special letter and rare gift. Again, people would go crazy for them.

I would't complain if they all had massive availability, unlike now where some are really hard to get.

Last edited:

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
I'm so worried about lucario my toys r us is saying they won't be getting any :( why why why why retail exclusive !

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
I've been looking everywhere for a Marth Amiibo... but I can't find any that's cheap. It sucks he's discontinued... I heard Samus was going to be discontinued as well. Luckily I have her, but I still want a few others before they disappear for good.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I just pre-ordered Ike today. That means I'll have 6/11 from wave 3 guaranteed. Only Lucario, Rosalina, Meta Knight, Bowser, and Dedede remain on wave 3.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
None of them have boosts on them and they were all raised differently so their play styles are all really different. Samus and Yoshi seem to not know what to do to their opponents at high percents. It seems to affect them during matches.
My Yoshi seems to have similar problems.

As a Yoshi mainer, I'm pretty perplexed at this since he's not picking up my far more offensive playstyle. I even tried that "Amiibos raised easily" technique that claimed to make him an absolute beast. Same result. He just throws eggs at them when they're past 100%.

Weirdly Mario, Luigi, DK, Peach and Zelda don't seem to have the same issue and fight far more aggressively.

Any one have any suggestions as to how to make my Yoshi more offensive?

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
My Yoshi seems to have similar problems.

As a Yoshi mainer, I'm pretty perplexed at this since he's not picking up my far more offensive playstyle. I even tried that "Amiibos raised easily" technique that claimed to make him an absolute beast. Same result. He just throws eggs at them when they're past 100%.

Weirdly Mario, Luigi, DK, Peach and Zelda don't seem to have the same issue and fight far more aggressively.

Any one have any suggestions as to how to make my Yoshi more offensive?
I'm tempted to just have one day of mentoring both of them and keep working with them until they're absolutely humiliating me in fights and against my other Amiibo. Just so when I do the Amiibo Cup I won't have a consistent set of characters at the bottom.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
hold the PHONE.....

That is actually genius. At least I know what I'm doing until I get a proper carrying case.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
i just CAN'T FIND amiibo captain falcon, pit and luigi in Canada Quebec......
i pre order them but the shop don't have them yet... is ..it NORMAL?

Top Bottom