• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I really wanted the Shulk amiibo but I don't think my parents believe in preordering and now I'm sad. :(

On a different note, imagine how overpowered amiibo would be if professionals trained them. I'm just imagining Ally's Mario amiibo or Mew2King's Diddy.... *shudders*

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I really wanted the Shulk amiibo but I don't think my parents believe in preordering and now I'm sad. :(

On a different note, imagine how overpowered amiibo would be if professionals trained them. I'm just imagining Ally's Mario amiibo or Mew2King's Diddy.... *shudders*
Professionals? I trained mine and it started whooping my ass on Day 3.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I'd wait for an official confirmation from Nintendo first. The products being discontinued by stores only means that they're not going to sell them anymore because they don't think it'll sell that well to the general audience, but from a collector's standpoint, they're in a ridiculously high demand. All stores like to go to the general audience because they think it'll make the most money, not because they want to discontinue the product and move on to the next big thing. That's why figures like Mario and Link are always in stock. Because they're the most popular and everyone knows who they are. Not everyone knows who Fox is or Little Mac. I'm sure in future waves we'll see Marths, Villagers, Wii Fits, and etc. back on the shelf and selling in the future. Just give it sometime, jump on them when you get the chance, but they'll be back in the future.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I'd wait for an official confirmation from Nintendo first. The products being discontinued by stores only means that they're not going to sell them anymore because they don't think it'll sell that well to the general audience, but from a collector's standpoint, they're in a ridiculously high demand. All stores like to go to the general audience because they think it'll make the most money, not because they want to discontinue the product and move on to the next big thing. That's why figures like Mario and Link are always in stock. Because they're the most popular and everyone knows who they are. Not everyone knows who Fox is or Little Mac. I'm sure in future waves we'll see Marths, Villagers, Wii Fits, and etc. back on the shelf and selling in the future. Just give it sometime, jump on them when you get the chance, but they'll be back in the future.
Little mac is extremely hard to come by over here in Scotland.
I have seen more Marths than him.
Granted I do my shop through the web so no in store shenanigans for me.
I got mine from Amazon for £10 Luckily.
Because moments later the damn thing sky-rocketed to over £30.
Sent me through the roof.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm pretty sure Mac never made it to Ireland.

GameStop never listed him (only Amiibo they have never listed). Went to my local Smyths the day he released, and he wasn't there (and it seemed like he never was there). Their site lists him as "TBA 2015". Argos lists him too, but never seem to have got any stock of him.

Annoying, as I want him ASAP, just to get him out of the way and secure. I can't afford him right now though. I've had to take a break from Amiibo collecting due to ongoing money shortages (could only get as many as I have right now due to vouchers, and Fox was a direct gift to me).

Once I get money again, Mac is priority, even though Wave 3 will be out by then. Rosalina is secured for me, so I have no worries.

...I was actually considering cancelling my pre-order on Rosalina on Amazon Germany, and getting her from Smyths instead, but I don't want to risk what happened with Mac.

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
I'm wondering something: do any of your Samus' just hold down the charge beam and never use at all? Mine does use it, but it's very rare and only when she sends them already flying. She never just charges half way and releases it. She also tends to be by herself most of the time in battles.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I'm pretty sure Mac never made it to Ireland.

GameStop never listed him (only Amiibo they have never listed). Went to my local Smyths the day he released, and he wasn't there (and it seemed like he never was there). Their site lists him as "TBA 2015". Argos lists him too, but never seem to have got any stock of him.

Annoying, as I want him ASAP, just to get him out of the way and secure. I can't afford him right now though. I've had to take a break from Amiibo collecting due to ongoing money shortages (could only get as many as I have right now due to vouchers, and Fox was a direct gift to me).

Once I get money again, Mac is priority, even though Wave 3 will be out by then. Rosalina is secured for me, so I have no worries.

...I was actually considering cancelling my pre-order on Rosalina on Amazon Germany, and getting her from Smyths instead, but I don't want to risk what happened with Mac.
My wallet man.....
If the damn thing had limbs it would have throttled me by now.
But the long term game will pay off.
When I have the entire mint in box set. :3
Oh I shall be Rich. One day..

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone know where I can get Pit? I'd really love to own the amiibo.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I don't have the URL handy, but apparently a big part of the Little Mac shortage in America, at least, is due to a theif/mobster in Chicago who stole over 50 of them, plus several others like Marth.

Disgusting. I hope he gets caught and brought to justice. But, knowing how Chicago is one of the most corrupt cities in America, I don't know how realistic that is.

I other news, on reddit, there's a post from a supposed Nintendo higher-up (anonymous) who claims some very interesting things. Check out the Amiibo reddit to read it. No way to know how much of it is true, but most of it is reassuring: rares will be re-released later, cards are a long way off and may only be for less popular characters, wave 4 will likely ship in halves 'in the spring,' etc. One frustrating thing is that he claims store exclusives are likely to continue in wave 4 and beyond...

@ Pazzo. Pazzo. Pit is periodically shipped to individual Gamestop stores, usually one or two at a time. Talk to local store managers and ask if they expect any to be shipped that week. The deliveries come a few hours after they open, but are not always unpacked until several hours after that. Best to request a heads-up if at all possible. Show up in person whenever possible. Deliveries don't happen on weekends.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Just got my first two amiibo's today, Diddy Kong and Luigi. :grin:

I also pre-ordered Sheik and Ike, so in all actuality, I'm getting 4 now. But damn, I'm far behind the rest of you guys.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
On the topic of pre-orders, I pre-ordered Bowser and Rosalina from EB Games down here in Aussieland. Thank the heavens there's no store exclusives down there, though that doesn't really matter, because, y'know. All we have in physical stores is just Mario and Pikachu. Or absolutely nothing.

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
I have five amiibos at the moment : Link, Pikachu, Fox, Mario and Peach

The stores in France don't have much of these too, I see a lot of Donkey Kong and Fox, but the Peach I take was the last one, lucky me :)
Now I need Samus, Zelda, MegaMan, PacMan, Sonic, Rosalina, Shulk and most importantly Palutena!!
Amazon is my friend :3

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
In the 5th edition of the Amiibo Cup, we saw another first time champion, :4kirby:. But disappointments continue for some figures like :4samus:, :4yoshi:, and :4dk: as they bring up the back again. 23 consecutive losses for :4samus: and back-to-back winless seasons! These are dark times for her and hopes for a turnaround with individual training from :4fox: and :4pikachu:. An excellent season for :4luigi: as he showed in only his second season in the Amiibo Cup that he is a force to be reckoned with. His incredible run came just short, losing to a hot :4kirby: in the finals. :4littlemac: has an excellent debut season, showing what he's made of and holding his own, be sure to keep an eye on him in the next season. A heartbreaker for the defending champion :4mario: as he fails to repeat as champion by losing in a tiebreaker fight to a red hot :4diddy: that won 5 matches straight to get in the playoffs!!!

* - tiebreaker fight

Rankings: January 4, 2015
W-L-SD
IN PLAYOFFS
1. Luigi 10-2-0 20 pts
2. Peach 9-3-0 18 pts
3. Kirby 9-3-0 18 pts
4. Diddy Kong* 8-4-0 16 pts
ELIMINATED
5. Mario* 8-4-0 16 pts
6. Little Mac 7-5-0 14 pts
7. Fox 6-6-0 12 pts
8. Pikachu 6-6-0 12 pts
9. Link 5-7-0 10 pts
10. Zelda 5-7-0 10 pts
11. Yoshi 3-8-1 7 pts
12. Donkey Kong 2-10-0 4 pts
13. Samus 0-12-0 0 pts

PLAYOFFS: Best of 3

SEMI FINALS

1. Luigi: 2 vs 4. Diddy Kong: 1
2. Peach: 1 vs 3. Kirby: 2

3RD PLACE

2. Peach: 1 vs 4. Diddy Kong: 2

FINALS

1. Luigi: 0 vs 3. Kirby: 2

CHAMPION: Kirby
2ND PLACE: Luigi
3RD PLACE: Diddy Kong

PS: I hope to make this a big thing on SmashBoards, the Amiibo, and Smash 4 community so everyone can do awesome seasons like this and see which Amiibo in your collection is the strongest of the bunch.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I saw Mac, Pit and Falcon in store, and now am absolutely kicking myself for not grabbing any of them.

I decided too late I'd get any and all characters I like rather than just my core favourites.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I've been looking everywhere for a Falcon in stores and I have had no luck. The only amiibo that I've come across that's not a very generic one is Diddy Kong. I'm trying to collect a bunch of these myself

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
I finally got myself a Fox. I named it Fox Glory (unoriginal joke, I know) and it will be my 1v1-fighter. I got a Yoshi amiibo which I will train to be my party amiibo like item matches and 8 player smash.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Just got Pit and Samus in the mail. Samus is a bit tilted, so I named her Tilty. :)
Man I read that totally wrong "Tilty" LOL

I named mine Samus I Am. I was torn bewteen that or the rhyming one "Aran I am" which name do you guys think is better?

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Man I read that totally wrong "Tilty" LOL

I named mine Samus I Am. I was torn bewteen that or the rhyming one "Aran I am" which name do you guys think is better?
Aran I Am sounds cooler :3
I named my Samus Amiibo Iron Woman (yeah she's basically Nintendo's version of Iron Man lol). I'm tempted to change it though.

Last edited:

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Arab I Am sounds cooler :3
I named my Samus Amiibo Iron Woman (yeah she's basically Nintendo's version of Iron Man lol). I'm tempted to change it though.
I thought of that and went with Iron Maiden but I switched to Samus I Am. Here's my other names guess the Amiibo bonus for reference. GF will be hardest to get but I will explain my thinking in the next post.

Mac Daddy
P Diddy
Gray Fox
Pika
Link (my 4 year old picked that name not hard to guess who)
GF Killa

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
Nice buys, guys! ^^

I know there was a short mention of more amiibo 'collections', I think I may have found a hint for the next one.

It's just ONE hint, but it kinda makes sense. At the http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/what-is-amiibo/ page, (and other Nintendo sites, but mainly this is for the US amiibo fans), you see another Mario amiibo, one with a red stand. This gives a hint for a Mario Kart 8 amiibo collection, since the base's middle is white, checkered grey, indicating a Finishing FLag, what they use in racing, AKA Mario Kart 8! However, this is just a thing I THINK, there's no corfirmation. Mario Kart 8 has amiibo support, so why not? It doesn't make sense for non-Mario characters, though... Unless they'll be DLC, like Link and Villager!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My Amiibo names:

:4yoshi:YoshManBuz
:4falcon:Bart (if you understand why then you are great)
:4pit:Pitty Pat
:4wiifit:Smash Fit
:4luigi:Weegee
:4marth:Marthín
:4villager:Aaron
:4fox:Firefox
:4link:Zayah

I have :4diddy::4samus::4peach: but I have not registered them yet.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
My collection, in the order that I got them:
:4villager:Tommy, yellow shirt: bought him when I got the game as an early Christmas present. He's my favorite :)
:4pikachu:Raichu, dark orange color: bought him sometime between the game's release and Christmas
:4luigi:Bluigi, blue color: Got him for Christmas
:4yoshi:Yelloshi, yellow color: Got him for Christmas
:4mario:Americario, stars and stripes: Got him for Christmas
:4dk:Yeti Kong, white color: Bought him with trade-in money from duplicate :4mario:and:4luigi:from Christmas
:4diddy:Dixie Kong, pink color: Same as Yeti Kong
:4samus:Tilty, Varia Suit: bought with my own money; she came tilted, so I named her Tilty :)
:4pit:Fertinand, cyan with purple wings: bought along with Tilty; the name just popped into my head for some reason

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So someone apparently did an AMA with some NOA rep (anonymous of course):

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2rgfte/nintendo_rep_inperson_miniama_answers_thanks/

Hi everyone! As I said I would in last night's thread, I have spoken to my store's Nintendo rep and asked him some of the questions you've all been asking. Before I get to the Q&A, let me preface it with some background info:

I work in one of the largest stores for a specific retail chain, in a high traffic area; our Amiibo section seems to be about 2-3 times larger than most places. This particular Nintendo employee is not your average Nintendo rep—he's a US regional rep who has quarterly meetings in Japan with executives, attends conventions like E3 and even TGS sometimes. As he is part of a very small pool of people, he has asked me to refrain from giving his name, full title, and location, as well as my location and place of work. He was quite candid, as I've known him for a few years now, so hopefully you all can respect his terms. Because of this wish, I've redacted some of the info in comments I posted in last night's thread. Now, I understand some of you are very skeptical about receiving word-of-mouth info on the internet, and that's totally fine—so take this info however you like. I am simply a messenger who's trying to contribute to a community I feel akin to.

With that said, onto your questions! I chose the most upvoted, as well as the ones I felt covered the most ground. Many of you seemed to echo the same sentiments, and I want to thank you for the overwhelming amount of questions and comments! All answers are word-for-word from my source, as I recorded his responses with the voice recorder app on my phone. He, of course, asked that I not share the voice files, so here are his answers in text form:

Asked by /u/NoSuperGen:

This seems a little too meta, but can you ask him to look at /r/amiibo in general? I think we have some pretty good ideas that couldm be shared.

Nintendo Rep: "Oh wow! I knew Reddit had active Nintendo communities, but not any specifically for Amiibo. I might have to subscribe."

Asked by /u/ZWyles:

Ask him if the rarer figures will be getting another run please!

NR: "As far as I know—yes. I'm constantly asked about certain figures being discontinued, and I've yet to receive that memo. From the way I understand it, it's going to be similar to the Disney Vault. Characters like the Wii Fit Trainer will come out, disappear, and be redistributed later on. I know certain retailers have removed some figures from their systems, but that is most likely because we haven't sent them any reorders they've asked for. This is Nintendo's first time dealing in toys themselves, so it should be expected that things will be rocky at first, and we're not producing the figures ourselves. Nintendo doesn't have it's own toy factory."

Asked by /u/IronMadden:

How soon are these supposed "amiibo cards" going to be hitting retailers? Will they be permament replacements for certain figures?

NR: "(laughs) I think Miyamoto was vague about that on purpose. Last I heard, we are still working out the card situation. I believe it's still being discussed, and I doubt it'll be a permanent replacement; more than likely it'll mostly feature characters who won't be receiving an Amiibo figure. It's been described as an 'on-the-go' alternative as well, so you won't have to lug around your entire Amiibo collection when traveling with your 3DS."

Asked by /u/Splosion_:

I would love to know why we can't just order our amiibos directly through Nintendo and cut out all these middlemen and this daily hunting we have to go through.

NR: "I've definitely seen that suggested in emails. It could be an option in the future; I personally think it'd be wise."

Asked by /u/Fizypop:

Ask if he and others Reps will be in stores when Wave 3 hits. To limit scalpers.

NR: "No, there's not enough of us! But Nintendo is very aware of the scalping situation, and obviously not happy about it. It's an unfortunate side effect of our sort of naiveté dealing in toys, but it's something I know is being discussed."

Asked by /u/Saberpilot:

Can they stop making store-exclusive Amiibo? That has been the largest source of my headaches these past few weeks.

NR: "(laughs) Yeah, that has been an ordeal. My phone has been on fire for the past two weeks, so I'm feeling it too. But retailer exclusives will be around as long as stores put the money up for them. I wouldn't be surprised if those figures got a wider release further down the line though."

Asked by /u/ikomio:

One thing I'd ask is if there is any word on nintendo putting any shred of effort into a sandbox//toybox style game (sky landers , infinity) or any word on animal crossing U (this title just screams amiibo support)

NR: "Oh, I'd love an Amiibo-specific game! As far as I know, one is not currently being developed, but that's out of my tax bracket (laughs). But Animal Crossing is a given, for sure, probably sooner than later. Right now Star Fox and the Legend of Zelda are the major focus."

Asked by /u/StandNotInMyWay:

When Wave 4 will go live

NR: "Possibly as soon as spring. I've seen the prototypes, they look awesome, of course."

I added: "Can you share who will be in it?"

NR: "No, I'd be killed (laughs). I believe one or two of the characters have been leaked online though, if you want to search for them. I can say, that if you look at every wave that's been released or announced so far, you'll notice some patterns."

Asked by /u/ganyr17:

If you could ask him on any info for the 3ds amiibo reader that would be awesome. Date of release would be useful (or at least when to expect it)

NR: "I know it's pretty much ready, I just don't know when they are shipping it. I could see it releasing with wave 4, maybe even after wave 3."

Asked by /u/FOXMARCACE:

Ask him about the gamecube adapters for wii U please! Thank you.

NR: "More are coming! (laughs) I think the demand for them was much greater than Nintendo anticipated."

That's all we had time for! I want to thank you all for your questions once again, and I'd like to send a huge thanks to my source for taking the risks to answer the questions that Nintendo seems to refuse to answer themselves publicly, and for taking an extra 20 minutes or so out of his day to talk with me personally.​

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I mained Lucas.
Secondary: Ice climbers.
Tertiary: Wolf
No one can feel my pain :'(
Trust me dude, I get it.

Main: Pokemon Trainer
Second: Ice Climbers
Third: Lucas
Fourth: Dedede
Fifth: Wolf

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Discontinued in the country that the Punch Out series has had the most success in. Nintendo logic everyone. Also **** it NOA. >_>

Glad I got mine, though I did also open it yesterday so I could take it to school, so oh well? :laugh:
School? You guys make me feel old and I'm not even 30.... Yet... Maybe the flock of seagulls video makes me seem a bit dated as well.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
School? You guys make me feel old and I'm not even 30.... Yet... Maybe the flock of seagulls video makes me seem a bit dated as well.
I'm a Senior level at a University, this is in fact my last semester. By school, I mean my dormroom.

I'm young, but not that young. :p

Last edited:

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
Since people have been showing off their names for their Amiibo's I might as well too.

:4pikachu:: Tobias. [Gold's hat] That's the name I gave my Pikachu that I had caught in Fire Red. He's since been evolved and brought through every generation up to now. Couldn't think of a better name.
:4marth:: Ken [White alt]...because why not I couldn't think of anything at the time.
:4link:: Hero [Purple alt]. I couldn't think of anything again, it was 1 in the morning on launch day when I got him [along with Marth and Pikachu]
:4peach:: Blossom [Daisy alt]. Her final smash.
:4kirby:: Popstar [Default].
:4yoshi:: Reliable [Default]. Old reliable as Mario would call him.
:4zelda:: Din's Fire [Red alt].
:4diddy:: DthrowUair [Default]. Because it fit.
:4luigi:: Misfire [Purple alt]. It rarely happens but when it does it's hype.

As for ones I have preordered currently...

:4shulk:: Oil Armor [oil armor alt]. Everyone knows the alt I use now.
:4myfriends:: Ragnell [Black Knight alt]. For those unaware Ragnell is the name of his sword.
:4sonic:: Speedster [Purple alt]. Self explanatory.
:4megaman:: I actually don't know know for megaman yet...I've never actually played a Megaman game so i've got nothing.

Aaand once :4ness: comes out i'm naming him Rockin'.

Edit: I added the alt colors I put on them.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So someone apparently did an AMA with some NOA rep (anonymous of course):

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2rgfte/nintendo_rep_inperson_miniama_answers_thanks/
Yeah, that's the one I was referring to yesterday. It mostly sounds like good news. Mostly. But it's all unverified and might well be incorrect or made up, so... really, nothing has changed.

Discontinued in the country that the Punch Out series has had the most success in. Nintendo logic everyone. Also **** it NOA. >_>

Glad I got mine, though I did also open it yesterday so I could take it to school, so oh well? :laugh:
This was Gamestop's decision. It has nothing to do with NOA, really. And it's still unverified hearsay! Don't anyone get their underwear in a bunch just yet...

Last edited:
Top Bottom