• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Khao

Smash Lord
Man, I haven't even seen any wave 2 figures where I live. Still waiting for my local store to get Pit, they have the date listed as January first, I got him preordered and everything. Dunno why's it taking so long.

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
:4yoshi: Lord Dream still seems a little weak, :4mario: Firelord M 2 stocked it with no problem. I mirror matched Lord Dream myself but I'm not sure it's working, Yoshi is one of my best characters too. Should I start feeding it equipment? I rather have it focus on tech training but I'm not sure what do at this point.

Also :4luigi: Dreamy L won my amiibo tournament, him and :4kirby: Kurvy were in the finals, I was kinda shocked.

Overall the only amiibo I'm satisfied with is Firelord M, I'm not sure what else I can do to train these amiibos.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

My local Smyths have finally listed the rest of Wave 3/Wave 3B (Shulk, Sonic, Mega Man, King Dedede). They are to be released on the 20th February there.
So as soon as the release date comes up being January for these :4tlink::4myfriends::4lucario::rosalina::4sheik::4bowser:
February for these:4shulk::4megaman::4sonic::4metaknight::4dedede:
I can buy these ?
Or can I pre-order them right now for online delivery.
Any help would be sublime :)
(P.S Using the UK site)

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I put all 6 of my amiibo into timed FFA matches and :4link: Ravio keeps winning o:

I'm hoping they learn off each other and evolve to learn new techs. I guess ;-;

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So as soon as the release date comes up being January for these :4tlink::4myfriends::4lucario::rosalina::4sheik::4bowser:
February for these:4shulk::4megaman::4sonic::4metaknight::4dedede:
I can buy these ?
Or can I pre-order them right now for online delivery.
Any help would be sublime :)
(P.S Using the UK site)
They're just listed for now on the Irish site. I can't purchase them or pre-order them.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Probably the most expensive custom amiibo I found on ebay. It looks great but I wouldn't say 200$ great. I do like that it even has its own box and looks very legit. Probably actually a luigi amiibo I'm assuming since luigi has a waluigi costume.

Gator

Smash Cadet
I recently got a Marth amiibo... its still in the box. I am EXTREMELY tempted to open it. should I? or will the entire solar system want to murder me for doing so? lol

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I recently got a Marth amiibo... its still in the box. I am EXTREMELY tempted to open it. should I? or will the entire solar system want to murder me for doing so? lol
You should open it. Just enjoy playing with them. That's what they're meant for and they're amazing.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Im scared that Rosalina and Lucario are going to become ones I have to subcome to the scalper empire for them. Doesn't help that my TRU just stocks the figurines right when they get them and the employees apparently know nothing about them. Im am beyond cagey with this scenario. When do the target preorders open again?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Germany ebay seems to be an absolute goldmine for amiibo right now.
This is likely because German retailers probably have a lot of excess stock, as Ireland does. Germany simply got a huge supply of Amiibos, and it probably outclassed the demand for them there. As such, people are buying some extras and putting them on eBay, realising that they should sell them at a much more competitive price than various retailers if they want to make an extra buck.

This is pretty much what I intend to do when I get in a more stable financial situation.

Im scared that Rosalina and Lucario are going to become ones I have to subcome to the scalper empire for them. Doesn't help that my TRU just stocks the figurines right when they get them and the employees apparently know nothing about them. Im am beyond cagey with this scenario. When do the target preorders open again?
Target pre-orders for Rosalina are never going to re-open as it stands right now:
http://www.thetanooki.com/2015/01/0...-luma-amiibo-pre-orders-for-super-smash-bros/

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
If you think you want it for ether Smash or the upcoming One Piece game Open it and enjoy. Damn thing would still go for a lot even out the Box.....
Now if you just think he looks cool in his box and have others you want like say your main being Pika Pika:4pikachu:
I would suggest leaving him in the box......
Speaking of which, Why is it Pika is the only member of the original 8 that isn't getting the love he desevers ?
Mario kart 8 amiibos:

Villager is also getting shafted quite the thing isn't he not......
Just gives me less hope for these 3 :4megaman::4sonic::4pacman:
God I'd love them in Mario Kart.

Gator

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys, I was kind of planning on opening him up anyway, but now that he's been discontinued I wasn't so sure if it was a good idea, also considering some people on here might have that collector mentality, an would be all like "you did WHAT!?" if I did that. I just wanted to get some opinions first, lol.

and Doodleduck- looking at that chart, I find it kind of silly that some of those games can only connect with ceratin amiibo's (especially the ones that can only connect with one), like if they're going to makes the games compatible with amiibo's, shouldn't they make the games compatible with any amiibo? if they're going to take the time and recources to make the games compatible with amiibo, they may as well just make the game compatible with every amiibo, instead of singling out certain characters. it seems kind of stupid to me.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys, I was kind of planning on opening him up anyway, but now that he's been discontinued I wasn't so sure if it was a good idea, also considering some people on here might have that collector mentality, an would be all like "you did WHAT!?" if I did that. I just wanted to get some opinions first, lol.
Well they ARE toys even if they are collectible ones, so its completely understandable for you to want to use them for that purpose.

Also sorry if this is old news but Peach of all amiibo seems to be fading out soon. http://www.thetanooki.com/2015/01/0...miibo-rumored-to-be-discontinued-at-gamestop/

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Peach is likely just being discontinued at GameStop. They have an over abundance of her. In fact, not a lot of people seem to not be bothering with her.

She doesn't exactly appeal to GameStop's target audience either. So this isn't surprising. I already have my Peach anyway.

Also to follow up on what I previously posted on the Rosalina Amiibo, the AskTarget Twitter account that previously stated Rosalina would come back for pre-order has now changed it's statement to reflect what Target's PR team have been saying:

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/01/03/no-pre-orders-for-rosalina-luma-amiibo-in-canada/127226/

EustaceDaBum

Smash Rookie
NNID
brianm12
Do you know if there's any way to be notified about amiibo being available online? I want to get a Captain Falcon amiibo, but they're so hard to even find. I'd blame it on the collectors, but I would be right about it. (Doesn't help that Nintendo started a craze about their rarity)

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I really am amazed how available most of those amiibos are in germany..
I don't really dare to buy them, because they aren't my favourite characters.. and won't they be produced again at some point?
No. They will be mass produced as cheaper cards, not IRL SSB4 Trophies. As you might've guessed after reading that, they will be pricey collectables. Just grab the ones you like. IMO Mac is so annoying and I hate him in SSB. BUT DAMN! HIS AMIIBO GOT THAT BOOMBOOMPOW. So I got one.

Grab Mac. But just one. Since buying more than one with the intent of selling the others for inflated prices would make you human garbaje. C:

Gator

Smash Cadet

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I'd assume discontinued for the time being. Nintendo is trying to spark some demand for Amiibo. And it's worked brilliantly in Nintendo's favor. All those reports about Amiibo being discontinued is being blown WAY out of proportion. The reason Nintendo hasn't given out a bold statement for the Amiibo shortage is because they want to increase demand until the hype dies down. When there seems to be no talk about the 'discontinued' ones like Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit, then they'll release some more before scalpers and resellers pick them up. Plus all those Marths, Villagers, and etc. on EBay for $50 will get screwed over and drop to $12.99. Nintendo will probably do that with certain Amiibo on future waves to come.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I think Nintendo will go through with producing more later to screw the scalpers, maybe it's just because I hope for dear god that will happen, but it doesn't seem like Nintendo would put us in this difficult situation to get amiibos.

I'm not interested in the amiibo cards, the figures (especially in Smash Bros.) give it more of a Skylanders feel.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I think Nintendo will go through with producing more later to screw the scalpers, maybe it's just because I hope for dear god that will happen, but it doesn't seem like Nintendo would put us in this difficult situation to get amiibos.

I'm not interested in the amiibo cards, the figures (especially in Smash Bros.) give it more of a Skylanders feel.
Scalpers already made their money, if they reproduce I'll feel screwed. I'll have buyer's remorse so far I have overpaid on 8 Amiibos and gotten 5 on sale/coupon/rebate but my total savings doesn't completely cover my overspending on the other 8. If my TRU pre order for the rest of them goes through then I will have gotten 12 on sale. I did the math and I saved only $41 across 12 and overspent $112 on 8 including the trinity. That puts me down $71, so if I lose that money because of some miscommunication I would be pissed. I would rather wait than overpay BUT if no more are ever made then waiting costs me more in the end.

TLDR: No I will not be doing cartwheels if Nintendo creates more stock of actual Amiibos, not at this point.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
image.jpg
I always buy Amiibos at GameStop, Toys R Us, Best Buy, and Target. There is no need for me to over pay them. I just hope they sell more figures rather than cards in the future though. It takes the fun out of owning them. Because 'BOY IS IT GREAT TO LINE THEM UP LIKE THIS'

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Yeah, I don't care about the cards. I'm gonna buy all these Amiibo, but that's it.

My German Marth and Villager shipped! :) My Japanese Wii Fit hasn't shipped yet... I might cancel and order her and Mac from Germany if her status doesn't change by next week.

I still wanna buy Smash Wii U, though, to get Mewtwo and the soundtrack CDs. My WiiU's busted currently, but I plan on fixing it up eventually. It costs like $100 + S&H for Nintendo to fix/refurbish it...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Yeah, I don't care about the cards. I'm gonna buy all these Amiibo, but that's it.

My German Marth and Villager shipped! :) My Japanese Wii Fit hasn't shipped yet... I might cancel and order her and Mac from Germany if her status doesn't change by next week.

I still wanna buy Smash Wii U, though, to get Mewtwo and the soundtrack CDs. My WiiU's busted currently, but I plan on fixing it up eventually. It costs like $100 + S&H for Nintendo to fix/refurbish it...

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I think the card idea is ridiculous, imho. The whole hype around amiibo is because they are actual SSB figurines. So keep them as figurines.

I'm dreading when Wave 3 comes out. I only need six more amiibo then I have both the 1 + 2 Waves. Those amiibo are :4mario::4dk::4wiifit::4luigi::4diddy::4littlemac:.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Currently Dreading Wave 3, have Wave 1 & 2 complete, and I COMPLETELY missed out on Rosalina [;-;] ,Lucario, Shulk, and Meta Knight.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I think some store exclusive amiibo will have to be bought from other countries if you really want them, if the incompetence from every store that isn't named GameStop is any indication.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Currently Dreading Wave 3, have Wave 1 & 2 complete, and I COMPLETELY missed out on Rosalina [;-;] ,Lucario, Shulk, and Meta Knight.
I know the feel man :/
Now I see the mentioning of these cards for the amiibos.
Would that not screw the purpose ?
Considering the Smash collection in particular is to make you feel like the character trophy you own is coming to life
(i.e) smash 64 intro

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think some store exclusive amiibo will have to be bought from other countries if you really want them, if the incompetence from every store that isn't named GameStop is any indication.
Rosalina and Lucario might be an exception though. From what I can gather, Toys R Us and Target pretty much always stock very heavily on exclusive toys, no matter what they are.

At the least, if you rush down to your local TRU/Target in time for opening hours on release day, you're pretty much guaranteed to pick one up.

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
I think the card idea is ridiculous, imho. The whole hype around amiibo is because they are actual SSB figurines. So keep them as figurines.

I'm dreading when Wave 3 comes out. I only need six more amiibo then I have both the 1 + 2 Waves. Those amiibo are :4mario::4dk::4wiifit::4luigi::4diddy::4littlemac:.
I agree about the card idea, it is kinda lame... They could do that for Yu-Gi-Oh games maybe, but not for Smash Bros!

What will the cards look like, do you think? I think like these what NintendoNL is often tweeting:

Chey

Smash Cadet
I'm still not sure if I should buy those discontinued ones or not.. now I still have the chance, but then I would probably want to collect them all, which is way too much ._.

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
Hey guys, I'm bothered about something... I have the :4fox::4wiifit::4villager::4kirby::4littlemac:amiibo, and I don't know if I should open them/remove the magnetic sticker, or keep them untouched... What would you guys do? One says I should keep it sealed, or I'll regret it later, and the other says it's a waste of money, not using them...

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Hey guys, I'm bothered about something... I have the :4fox::4wiifit::4villager::4kirby::4littlemac:amiibo, and I don't know if I should open them/remove the magnetic sticker, or keep them untouched... What would you guys do? One says I should keep it sealed, or I'll regret it later, and the other says it's a waste of money, not using them...
If you bought them for using them, open them. If you bought them for reselling, keep them sealed.

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
If you bought them for using them, open them. If you bought them for reselling, keep them sealed.
Well, I bought them to have them, as a BIG Nintendo fan and collector... Not (yet) for reselling...

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Well, I bought them to have them, as a BIG Nintendo fan and collector... Not (yet) for reselling...
Well, if you bought them to have them, then I don't see why the packaging would be all that important, especially since they look better out of the box anyways (you can line them up better, you can really get a feel for the details, and you could even set up dioramas with them if you wanted).

Top Bottom