• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Walked across the street to Toys R Us like an hour ago... No Samus or Fox in stock at all. Which is interesting. And they're low on Kirby.
Regarding Samus, I think you should check other Toys R Us in your area. I know there are some that do have them in stock. No Donkey Kong though.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Fox and Samus are still in stock in my area. Nowhere near as rare as the rare 3 or Pit & Captain Falcon. You can find Fox & Samus if you look hard enough around here. When I got mine there were about 6 Foxes in stock and about 10 Samus' at my local GameStop. But they had like 15 Mario, Peach, Link, & Yoshi lol

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Regarding Samus, I think you should check other Toys R Us in your area. I know there are some that do have them in stock. No Donkey Kong though.
Oh I already have Samus, I was just mentioning that they didn't have any.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I picked Samus up a few days ago figuring she might start becoming rare (that and Fox was already gone). Looks like I chose wisely.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Hopefully what that representative of nintendo said was true. I just called my local GameStop today and they said they have no Pit or Captain Falcons in their next shipment. But they aren't discontinued. :D

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What? Fox and Samus are discontinued? That's so dumb. Good thing I have both but still...

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
I have a Yoshi amiibo at level 50 but he's trained almost with only Link/Toon Link. I guess he's just slightly better than a Lv 9 CPU but makes very weird decisions. He racks up damage and almost never goes for a killing smash attack and he throws eggs ALL THE TIME. I guess this is because I use a lot of projectiles with the Links...

Do amiibo change behavior fast after level 50 or should I just reset him? I need thoughts.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Samus was one of the first characters I picked up (I got Link first for Hyrule Warriors), but I'm shocked that characters from the original 8 are potentially getting dropped from production. Fox and Samus are certainly not as big as Mario, but they're still a major part of Nintendo's history and quite iconic. Of course, I didn't see Villager being discontinued coming either.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I have a Yoshi amiibo at level 50 but he's trained almost with only Link/Toon Link. I guess he's just slightly better than a Lv 9 CPU but makes very weird decisions. He racks up damage and almost never goes for a killing smash attack and he throws eggs ALL THE TIME. I guess this is because I use a lot of projectiles with the Links...

Do amiibo change behavior fast after level 50 or should I just reset him? I need thoughts.
Give it time. Each Amiibo has their odd habit they have when they play. My Fox and Yoshi have those odd habits on them right now. Try using different characters against them. It'll open up their minds to new approach options and ways to defend itself. I have that issue with my Yoshi too on occasions. One good way to make them stop those habits is to pit your Amiibo against one of your other Amiibo or someone else's Amiibo. They'll change over time, even at level 50! It's all about how you play against them.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
As a Mario/Dr. Mario main, I use a cape whenever they spam projectiles until they learn not to spam it often (However my Mario amiibo capes too so it is pretty much like a game of tennis except with capes and fireballs). But yeah, it takes time.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I tri-main (Mario, Duck Hunt, and Captain Falcon). I love doing Mario dittos against my Mario Amiibo. There's always loads of mind games and crazy stuff that he and I do to each other when we 1v1.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I really want a Samus amiibo, not only because I'm a large Metroid fan, but because the Mario Kart 8 samus costume is really cool looking.

Nintendo, for the love of Quagsire, don't discontinue Samus or Captain Falcon!

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Granted it will more than likely change in the future, but for the moment, the Staff feels that amiibos only warrant a general thread, at least in the Smash 4 boards. This was made in order to reduce clutter.

Subforum? I wouldn't be surprised if that happens one day, though NOA will have to get their act together if Nintendo expects to expand this new product.
Well, seeing as how there were already quite a few different threads for amiibo (waiting for new ones, custom amiibo, amiibo displays, amiibo farming, amiibo training, and many others), it seems like they warrant more than just one thread, since they have quite a few different facets to them as compared to, say, Smash development history, which really only has one thing to talk about, that being, well, Smash's development history. Amiibo have a lot of things to talk about, or a lot of topics, which can't be fully covered in just one thread. They seem pretty popular as well; tons of people on here are hunting for them. But that's just my two cents.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm back with my amiibo analysis. (Check the first page if you don't know what's up)

So I got on the game and reset Danky Kang to train him properly like he deserves. I trained him back up to level 50 doing matches with customs and free for alls so he knows how to take on more powerful opponents. I also gave him huge stats on attack (over 100) while keeping other stats out of negative. He actually almost defeated me in a 7 stock match when he was level 47. Then I set a 3 stock for him to 1v1 Bidizzle. Bidizzle just 3 stocked him (There is amiibo to stop him is there?). I still think Danky Kang needs some work if he handles 1v2s. Overall, it went great. Much better than his other training.

Last edited:

Chey

Smash Cadet
I'm from Germany and somehow I encounter no problems in getting amiibos, the "dead three" are just normally available on amazon and in locally stores ._. all for about 13-15 €

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
On Amiibo training: has there been any documentation on how team battles affect them?

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I can't seem to find Pit. And Ganondorf can't come soon enough!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On Amiibo training: has there been any documentation on how team battles affect them?
Actually, I do have something I can say about this.

When I only had Yoshi and Captain Falcon, I paired them up in 2v2v2v2 battles, with 99 Stocks.

Afterward, I put them in another battle, this time a 1v1...and they barely attacked each other.

So basically, making two Amiibos fight on the same side for a long period of time makes them think they are not supposed to attack each other.

It's not irreversible though - simply put them in an FFA, ideally one that includes yourself, and they will fight each other again just fine. It's pretty amusing to watch them refuse to attack each other, though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, seeing as how there were already quite a few different threads for amiibo (waiting for new ones, custom amiibo, amiibo displays, amiibo farming, amiibo training, and many others), it seems like they warrant more than just one thread, since they have quite a few different facets to them as compared to, say, Smash development history, which really only has one thing to talk about, that being, well, Smash's development history. Amiibo have a lot of things to talk about, or a lot of topics, which can't be fully covered in just one thread. They seem pretty popular as well; tons of people on here are hunting for them. But that's just my two cents.
At the moment there's not enough discussion of to warrant individual threads. This will more than likely change in the future as the product line expands and as non-Smash games gain more inclusive features beyond small unlockables.

If we see topics overlapping and causing trouble we'll work to rectify the situation. For now its about organization and setting the building blocks for potential future topics. It's really only a matter of when rather than if.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
To everyone who didnt pre order and now wants to collect the amiibos a little late, how annoying is it on a scale from 1 to 10? I keep reading posts about people searching for them and it seems like hell trying to get the rare ones without paying scalper prices.

I ended up getting all of wave 1 and 2 and pre ordered all of wave 3 and I was one of the people who complained about how cheap and tacky they look! (totally take that back, they look amazing together on my shelf)

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
To everyone who didnt pre order and now wants to collect the amiibos a little late, how annoying is it on a scale from 1 to 10? I keep reading posts about people searching for them and it seems like hell trying to get the rare ones without paying scalper prices.

I ended up getting all of wave 1 and 2 and pre ordered all of wave 3 and I was one of the people who complained about how cheap and tacky they look! (totally take that back, they look amazing together on my shelf)
For me right now it is a 4.5, due to having all but one. Before when there were many I had to try and scrape up though it was much closer to a 7 or 8.

Nomein

Smash Rookie

Not much. I'm not very interested in collecting them all more than I am interested in getting characters I like or want to train against. And while bustling around days before the holidays for Captain Falcon would be stressful for some, I somehow enjoyed myself doing it (even if I came out empty handed every time).

The most annoying at the moment would be Rosalina though. Target handled their pre-orders poorly, and scalpers and collectors moved quickly to secure every last pre-order possible. Now I need to rush to Target early in the morning every day (assuming there are no official street dates again) and hope I can find a Rosalina to train against.

I don't want to collect them and keep them in boxes. I don't want to buy duplicates and sell them for profit. I just want a figure of a character I've had trouble with in the past.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wait, what exactly does that list mean then? I can't take anything from it.

Does it basically mean that everyone on that list is still in production, or?....
If you click on the link next to the given product it comes up with list of times it was manufactured. Some characters, included Wave 3, have been in production more than others.

For example, Toon Link/Bowser/Sheik have two times when they were in production, compared to Ike/Rosalina/Lucario who only have one production run so far.

Additionally since some characters like Meta Knight/Shulk/Mega Man/Sonic are not listed, it may indicate that like Wave 2, there may be a Wave 3a & 3b.

Mario's the only one that throws me off. But compared to Link, who I read somewhere is the most popular amiibo and has the largest production run of what's listed, it makes sense.

EDIT: Could be wrong on this, but this is what most people I'm seeing elsewhere are getting from it.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Does this mean that Pit & Captain Falcon are going to be rare like the big 3?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you click on the link next to the given product it comes up with list of times it was manufactured. Some characters, included Wave 3, have been in production more than others.

For example, Toon Link/Bowser/Sheik have two times when they were in production, compared to Ike/Rosalina/Lucario who only have one production run so far.

Additionally since some characters like Meta Knight/Shulk/Mega Man/Sonic are not listed, it may indicate that like Wave 2, there may be a Wave 3a & 3b.

Mario's the only one that throws me off. But compared to Link, who I read somewhere is the most popular amiibo and has the largest production run of what's listed, it makes sense.
Aaaah, I see. That makes a ton of sense now.

So we may have a better idea of who in Wave 3 will be in higher supply than others.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

EDIT: Could be wrong on this, but this is what most people I'm seeing elsewhere are getting from it.
And combine that with this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2qxe21/i_heard_something_interesting_at_my_local_bb/
It actually makes alot of sense :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Top Bottom