• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
oh and do you guys think we'll see shipments of the dead three again? or do you think they're gone for good?
They'll be back soon I would assume. It would be a dumb decision of Nintendo to discontinue something that is already this successful. I'm sure they'll put it in the 'Amiibo Vault' and rerelease it sometime later. I just hope it isn't in card form like Miyamoto mentioned in an interview.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Having all the amiibo discussions in one thread seems like it'll be very confusing... No way to have like a subforum?

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Is there a reason the custom amiibo thread was locked in favor of this one? That thread was a lot more interesting than this one.

Purio

Smash Cadet
I did a lot of Amiibo hunting as of recently. Got a DK on release. Now I have Mario, Luigi, Peach, Pikachu, Diddy, Kirby, Samus, Yoshi, Link, Zelda, and Captain Falcon. Still trying to get Fox, Wii Fit, Marth, Villager, Little Mac, and Pit. Which are proving to be much harder to obtain... =(

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Having all the amiibo discussions in one thread seems like it'll be very confusing... No way to have like a subforum?
Is there a reason the custom amiibo thread was locked in favor of this one? That thread was a lot more interesting than this one.
Granted it will more than likely change in the future, but for the moment, the Staff feels that amiibos only warrant a general thread, at least in the Smash 4 boards. This was made in order to reduce clutter.

Subforum? I wouldn't be surprised if that happens one day, though NOA will have to get their act together if Nintendo expects to expand this new product.

EDIT: http://www.thetanooki.com/2014/12/3...fox-officially-discontinued-at-target-stores/
Better start grabbing :4fox::4samus: if you still can.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Granted it will more than likely change in the future, but for the moment, the Staff feels that amiibos only warrant a general thread, at least in the Smash 4 boards. This was made in order to reduce clutter.

Subforum? I wouldn't be surprised if that happens one day, though NOA will have to get their act together if Nintendo expects to expand this new product.

EDIT: http://www.thetanooki.com/2014/12/3...fox-officially-discontinued-at-target-stores/
Better start grabbing :4fox::4samus: if you still can.
OMG, those are the two I got for Christmas!

YES! I CHOSE RIGHT!

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
so there's a shop on amazon that sells amiibos for 16 dollars with 3.99 shipping. yes, this means villager and wft. I'd say marth but for some reason the shop lists him for 21 dollars..

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Well I don't have to worry about those two because I have them. I just need Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit to have all of wave 1 complete. I need Pit and Captain Falcon to complete wave 2.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Well...glad I picked Fox and Samus up when I did. Just need Wii Fit Trainer, Mario and Donkey Kong to complete Wave 1, and Luigi, Little Mac and Diddy Kong for Wave 2.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone order from Toys R Us last week as part of the PayPal order cancellation group? I did and I got every single Amiibo they had listed including Pit and Captain Falcon. Both were listed to ship today but overnight I get an email from TRU stating the order is delayed not cancelled. This could either mean more Pit and CFs are coming or TRU will string me along for a while then officially cancel and by then scalping prices will be too much for me but they will be the ONLY 2 I don't have so I will probably "have" to get them. Anyone else in the same position?

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Got my Pit amiibo today! "SwoodWings" is getting along fine, even learning some combos like D-Throw to Neutral Air :) He sometimes acts a little weird with his recovery and randomly doing it when it isn't needed, but I think it's nearly been dealt with.

The amiibo itself looks fantastic; I was actually pretty worried what kind of quality it would be after hearing some horror stories.The detail is lovely, from the wing feathers to the little details on the outfit and weapon. I'm not intent on collecting all of them, I'll probably just complete the Kid Icarus series. If I feel like splashing out, I might pick up Duck Hunt Duo just for display in my room :p Fox and Samus being discontinued won't bother me then I suppose.

Good luck with your collections!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just to save panic, Fox and Samus being discontinued in one retailer doesn't mean anything for other retailers. Different retailers just discontinue some within their own chain in order to make shelf space for newer ones. It's likely people simply were not buying Fox and Samus from Target specifically.

The decision has absolutely nothing to do with NOA. It's Target deciding not to sell them.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I feel like little mac is the worst one to find right now besides of coarse the cut 3 I have looked at about 30 stories to get my amiibos every one except him oh well maybe today I willl get lucky

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Samus, I can understand. But why would Fox be discontinued? He has a game coming out this year!

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I saw Fox at GameStop the other day, a logical person wouldn't think he'd be discontinued.

Nintendo is pissing me off with this whole amiibo situation, I wish they would actually tell us what's going on.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Samus and Fox are more common than Mario, Pikachu, and Kirby, around where I live.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I saw Fox at GameStop the other day, a logical person wouldn't think he'd be discontinued.

Nintendo is pissing me off with this whole amiibo situation, I wish they would actually tell us what's going on.
Get excited about DLC? Sakurai tells us "no more".

Hoping for balance fixes? Sakurai tells us "no more".

Giving people who don't have anyone to play against a proper opponent? Sakurai tells us "no more".

Sometimes I think he's actively trying to sabotage this game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Get excited about DLC? Sakurai tells us "no more".

Hoping for balance fixes? Sakurai tells us "no more".

Giving people who don't have anyone to play against a proper opponent? Sakurai tells us "no more".

Sometimes I think he's actively trying to sabotage this game.
Sakurai never said "no more" to DLC. Merely "none planned right now, Mewtwo is our guinea pig for the concept".

He never said "no more" to patches. He merely said that there is not a need to make a balance patch again right now, and he will only make another should any serious issues arise and stick around. And then proceeded to tell us that he will be focusing on improving the online experience for now, along with those other things that were announced in the Wii U Direct.

And how are Amiibo supplies anything to do with him? He's not even a Nintendo employee.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If you keep an eye on prices and updates over on NeoGAF, Fox/Samus have been getting rarer and rarer, still not Big3/Mac/Falcon/Pit levels, but getting there. Being discontinued at Target is a bad sign considering Fox hasn't been avaliable online for all of, if not most, major realtors for a fair while now. It was also the Target discontinuation update that skyrocketed the Big 3 prices.

Samus probably still has time, but Fox should be brought ASAP.

I think that's what we all thought before the Big 3 were discontinued after a week at retail. lol

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Fox's inventory is low at TRU as well. Only 2 were available when I last went there and I bought 1 of them. No available from Amazon(US) either. Other sellers on Amazon yes but not specifically Amazon. Speaking of TRU now I have an email stating Pit and Captain Falcon were located in stock. No idea why they would false alarm me with a delay that didn't really exist.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Why was the custom Amiibos thread closed? I think a specific thread for highlighting modified Amiibos has a place that is different then an Amiibo megathread.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I feel like little mac is the worst one to find right now besides of course the cut 3 I have looked at about 30 stories to get my amiibos every one except him oh well maybe today I willl get lucky
Yeah, Little Mac is the rarest in Virginia. It's all up to chance if you are going to find one.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Good thing I grabbed Samus and F- wait a minute... How did I forget Fox?!? The closest Gamestop with hi is more than 20 miles away! I can't believe I got the big three, Little Mac, and Pit, but I'm gonna miss out on Fox! Hopefully they'll restock soon. That's how I got Pit.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
In regards to Fox and Samus...

Samus is still only £10.00 on Amazon UK, and there are plenty in stock, same cannot be said for Fox, who is around £17.00-£18.00 and last I checked, there were only 5 left in stock.

Point is, if you haven't got either of them, and don't mind importing them...get your hides moving!

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun

discontinued doesn't mean pulling them off the shelf. that was a dense claim.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Captain Falcon came yesterday, and Marth was here by the time I woke up today.

All I need is Wii Fit Trainer, then I'll be done with the hunt until February.

(Never realized our old thread was closed)

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Pit was just available on GameStops site and it's gone... :(
Damn you Nintendo for understocking Amiibo.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I tried buying the Pit amiibo when the "Add to cart" icon was still up on GameStop, tried for a few minutes but it kept removing from my kart due to availability. RIP.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I had no idea amiibo availability was that bad in the States. :confused:

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I was able to get Samus, Mario, Peach, Kirby, Pikachu, and Link today. I'm waiting on my Little Mac order to arrive tonight. I really want Ike/Lucina/Robin though. My Little Mac is here!

Last edited:

Purio

Smash Cadet
I found that Fry's Electronics website has Fox (and some others) on their website normally priced. Small shipping fee too. Pretty good idea for those of you looking still.

A Japanese seller on Amazon.us has a few ones (in Japanese) that are priced at $16 each. Which helped me get Pit and Little Mac. The shipping was a bit pricey, but I had an Amazon gift card that wasn't planned on being used yet, so it eased my mind.

Japanese Wii Fit Trainers are going for around $18 - $25 on eBay. I grabbed one for a total of $19. Not too bad, I don't mind paying an extra $5 for an Amiibo that may never see stores again.

Now to try and hunt down Villager and Marth for... Comfortable prices.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Used a Gamestop giftcard to pick up Samus, who I've been wanting for a while. For the heck of it I checked out other stores, there's plenty of Luigi/Zelda/Diddy (my Target actually had more Diddy than they did Mario/Pikachu/Link, around 15), no sign of Fox/Falcon/Pit/Mac anywhere.

My Best Buy now has Luigi, no sign of the rumored Dec 30 shipments of Falcon/Pit though.

I think a Walmart/Meijer store I don't usually check out may have a Fox according to inventory trackers (they also had Pit at one point, while my local store got Falcon ironically), but beyond that Fox is sold out in my area.

donpedrox

Smash Rookie
NNID
DonPedrox
I've recently picked up the last Diddy on display at the Gamestop near me. I asked for them to check for Captain Falcon and others but apparently they were all pre-ordered and thus not available to purchase. It sucks I really want a Captain Falcon like the rest of the world.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Walked across the street to Toys R Us like an hour ago... No Samus or Fox in stock at all. Which is interesting. And they're low on Kirby.

I've already got Samus but I'm wondering if I should get Fox. I hate Fox, but I also hate Marth and I regret not getting him when he was available.

donpedrox

Smash Rookie
NNID
DonPedrox
Walked across the street to Toys R Us like an hour ago... No Samus or Fox in stock at all. Which is interesting. And they're low on Kirby.

I've already got Samus but I'm wondering if I should get Fox. I hate Fox, but I also hate Marth and I regret not getting him when he was available.
When I checked my TRU had a buttload of Luigi, Samus, Mario, and Peach. Oddly only those were in stock so there were no other Wave 1 Amiibo like Donkey Kong

Top Bottom