• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For anyone wanting to
A. Collect a certain character.
B. Want all the amiibo.
I am making my predictions on who is and who will become rare at least in the UK
Wave 1::4marth::4villager::4wiifit:
Wave 2::4falcon::4littlemac::4pit:
Wave 3::rosalina::4metaknight::4megaman::4dedede::4shulk::4myfriends:
Any future waves::4ness::4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4bowserjr::4pacman::4zss::4robinm:
And secret fighters::4ness::4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4bowserjr::4falco::4drmario::4darkpit::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:
You forgot :4wario: and :4lucina: under the secret section.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
For anyone wanting to
A. Collect a certain character.
B. Want all the amiibo.
I am making my predictions on who is and who will become rare at least in the UK
Wave 1::4marth::4villager::4wiifit:
Wave 2::4falcon::4littlemac::4pit:
Wave 3::rosalina::4metaknight::4megaman::4dedede::4shulk::4myfriends:
Any future waves::4ness::4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4bowserjr::4pacman::4zss::4robinm:
And secret fighters::4ness::4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4bowserjr::4falco::4drmario::4darkpit::4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:
I dunno, dedede seems likely to be common. Like how zelda's common along with link, kirb and dedede will be the common 2 in the kirby series. Toon Link, I think will take dedede's spot, and I believe some of the secret fighters will be rare either because of very high demand or because of the clones. That being said, I'm gonna make sure to preorder them.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Definitely getting a :4drmario: amiibo whenever they first announce it. I feel like he won't be as a popular choice due to the whole clone thing that some people don't like about. Which will probably become more rare. And maybe:4darkpit: as well. If I can't get :4pit:. Who knows, maybe dark pit could be more rare than pit itself.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
So, any general tips for training these things?

I've been facing them against different characters and stages. I'm thinking of introducing them to items, since I feel they're great for parties if we have room for them. I've got Zelda and DK to 50 and just bought Link and Luigi, and I'm mostly pleased with them, but I can't break a few bad habits out of them, mostly with the way they recover.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So, any general tips for training these things?

I've been facing them against different characters and stages. I'm thinking of introducing them to items, since I feel they're great for parties if we have room for them. I've got Zelda and DK to 50 and just bought Link and Luigi, and I'm mostly pleased with them, but I can't break a few bad habits out of them, mostly with the way they recover.
Playing with other characters may of something to do with their recovery ability. They sort of mimic what moves you do even if you are playing with a different character. Try doing some mirror matches and see if they pick up your recovery skills.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Sigh. Link is at lvl 47, and I'll have to reset him. I may as well be fighting a lvl 9 CPU, since all he does is perfect shield and dodge the literal second I attack. I have no idea how he learned how to, since I'm awful at perfect shielding.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Sigh. Link is at lvl 47, and I'll have to reset him. I may as well be fighting a lvl 9 CPU, since all he does is perfect shield and dodge the literal second I attack. I have no idea how he learned how to, since I'm awful at perfect shielding.
Well not only they pick up your tactics but they can find their own tactics as well. If they find something to use against you and works, they can adapt to use it more often than expected. This is probably why it seems to do perfect shielding more often and seems like it does it at almost every attack. That and if they get pummeled a lot then they will learn to counter it just like the instructions said when you first go to register your amiibo. It just tries to do what it can to defend and you probably have to find ways around it like possibly grabs, or projectiles, play with other characters that the amiibo may not be familiar with, or try to think outside the box and come up with some unusual movement and attack.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Well not only they pick up your tactics but they can find their own tactics as well. If they find something to use against you and works, they can adapt to use it more often than expected. This is probably why it seems to do perfect shielding more often and seems like it does it at almost every attack. That and if they get pummeled a lot then they will learn to counter it just like the instructions said when you first go to register your amiibo. It just tries to do what it can to defend and you probably have to find ways around it like possibly grabs, or projectiles, play with other characters that the amiibo may not be familiar with, or try to think outside the box and come up with some unusual movement and attack.
That's not the issue. I can still win fairly easily, but it's no fun fighting him. It's like trying to catch air. My lvl 50 Captain Falcon doesn't do anything like this, and he's a much more fun opponent.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
That's not the issue. I can still win fairly easily, but it's no fun fighting him. It's like trying to catch air. My lvl 50 Captain Falcon doesn't do anything like this, and he's a much more fun opponent.
Ah I see. Have you trained this Link amiibo anything different compared to Captain Falcon?

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Amiibos I have: :4mario: :4dk: :4link: :4samus: :4yoshi: :4kirby: :4fox: :4pikachu: :4peach:

Amiibos Coming In A Few Days: :4diddy: :4luigi: :4zelda: :4littlemac: (I was very lucky to order :4littlemac:, I managed to get him just about an hour before he sold out online yesterday)

Amiibos On Hold From A Store: :4megaman: :4shulk:

Amiibos Pre-Ordered Online: :4sonic: :4tlink::4sheik:

Also is there any update of Nintendo restocking certain Amiibo?

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Went to Best Buy this morning. Best Buy stores in central VA don't even have any Wave 2 SKUs on the pegs yet. I saw some guys walk out with something (one of them mentioned Lucario, so I can assume at least one of them bought an amiibo), but that was it. The in-store memo I saw stated they expected to have at least Luigi today, but I guess that fell through.

And by the way, what is it with letting customers in the store before the doors are even unlocked? I waited outside until 10 like a normal civilized person, but these guys went into the store almost 20 minutes early. I thought they worked there. This just makes me lose what little respect for Best Buy I already have. What if they did scoop up anything that might have been on the shelf? I didn't see what they had in hand.

Wal-Mart stores in VA have been restocked, but just with Wave 1s. They even had a Fox. I already have Wave 1 covered, though, so there wasn't anything for me to buy.

Target stores seem to have gotten more Wave 2s on their shelves, but I didn't see any rares. I arrived 30 minutes after open, though, so who knows what might have been there early on.

I'm currently waiting to see if I'll hear from any of the Gamestop stores in my area today, in regards to Little Mac or Pit...

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Went to Best Buy this morning. Best Buy stores in central VA don't even have any Wave 2 SKUs on the pegs yet. I saw some guys walk out with something (one of them mentioned Lucario, so I can assume at least one of them bought an amiibo), but that was it. The in-store memo I saw stated they expected to have at least Luigi today, but I guess that fell through.

And by the way, what is it with letting customers in the store before the doors are even unlocked? I waited outside until 10 like a normal civilized person, but these guys went into the store almost 20 minutes early. I thought they worked there. This just makes me lose what little respect for Best Buy I already have. What if they did scoop up anything that might have been on the shelf? I didn't see what they had in hand.

Wal-Mart stores in VA have been restocked, but just with Wave 1s. They even had a Fox. I already have Wave 1 covered, though, so there wasn't anything for me to buy.

Target stores seem to have gotten more Wave 2s on their shelves, but I didn't see any rares. I arrived 30 minutes after open, though, so who knows what might have been there early on.

I'm currently waiting to see if I'll hear from any of the Gamestop stores in my area today, in regards to Little Mac or Pit...
I live there as well. I had a hard enough time finding my Luigi amiibo and checked other gamestops (since I had a giftcard). I've haven't seen any Little Mac or Pit amiibos so far. So good luck finding those. Let me know if you actually find them.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I live there as well. I had a hard enough time finding my Luigi amiibo and checked other gamestops (since I had a giftcard). I've haven't seen any Little Mac or Pit amiibos so far. So good luck finding those. Let me know if you actually find them.
The situation with Little Mac and Pit is next to hopeless, but who knows what might happen in the future. The Gamestop employees on the outskirts of Richmond all seem to like me and try to help me out as much as they can. It really has made me a fierce proponent of Gamestop at this point.

Captain Falcon is currently in transit to my place from Sandston, so it will arrive any day now. Marth and Villager shipped from Germany, but they probably won't arrive for a couple weeks at least. Wii Fit is still waiting for stock from Japan, so they might even cancel my order at some point... who knows?

If any of the Gamestop managers call me today, I'm making a mad dash for Pit or Little Mac. Just... have to wait about 30 more minutes to find out if he came in.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Can't wait for People on eBay selling Mr Game And Watch Amiibos for 60 Bucks Its gonna be amazing :p jokes aside My Luigi has the Best Nick Name Ever! This is it!.......
LouEg Its Amazing I Know:seuss:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Captain Falcon just showed up at my door! Yesch!

It's kinda funny, but his kicking leg, the one sticking straight out? I never noticed before because I had never seen one in person, but they shortened his thigh in order to keep his leg from sticking out too far, lol. It's not ruining the figure for me, because, whoa momma, Falcon is one gorgeous amiibo. It just seems like a byproduct of the static Smash 4 pose not being conducive to the amiibo scale and packaging. I'd say the packaging limitations are probably the biggest culprit. So, yeah, an interesting quirk. I imagine Dark Pit's staff will also be shortened a bit.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I'm still waiting for :4falcon: to be restocked in my area. He's my main :/ My :4diddy:, :4zelda:, and :4luigi: should be coming any day now. They shipped on Saturday. My :4littlemac: shipped yesterday so he should be here in about 3-5 days.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Question: Is the Marth amiibo as bad as people say it is?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Question: Is the Marth amiibo as bad as people say it is?
The ones I saw on shelves in November in America were not that bad, but the face and eyes were noticeably of a lower quality than figures like, say, Link. Supposedly the newer Marths have higher-quality eyes. It's just his head that looks off, though, oddly enough. The rest of him, as I recall, is quite nice.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I think my :4yoshi:Mr. Decoy has learned how to Perfect Pivot. He used it to dodge and counterattack. I really hope this wasn't just a fluke.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
My :4peach: fox trots on occasions. It really fakes out my other Amiibo in matches. Especially with a turnip.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Have: :4yoshi::4link::4mario::4kirby:
On The Way: :4falcon::4luigi:
Pre-Ordered: :4sheik::4tlink::4sonic:
Want: :4fox::4lucario::4villager::4pit::rosalina:
Will Get: :4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4greninja::4robinm:

Finalized my amiibo list, doubt I'm going to find some.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Have: :4fox::4yoshi::4peach:

Will get when available if possible: :4gaw::4charizard::4duckhunt::mewtwopm:

Wish I could have had but there's not a snowball's chance in hell of it now: :4wiifit::4villager::4littlemac::4lucario:

In the house but my brother hasn't taken them out of the box and probably never plans to: :4pikachu::4link::4zelda::4samus::4kirby:

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
:4pit: "What's up now?! VICTORY!!"

I got me a PIIIIIIT AMIIIIIIIIIIBO, aw yeah! Thank you so much, Gamestop brothers and sisters.

I tried taking a picture, but apparently the camera on my phone is ruined, ha ha! Oh well. He has a couple insignificant blemishes, but really, Pit's amiibo is gorgeous in general.

Assuming my Wii Fit Trainer order doesn't get cancelled, the only amiibo I need from Waves 1 or 2 is Little Mac! The only Wave 3s I don't currently have coming my way are Lucario, Meta Knight, and Rosalina.

Wish I could have had but there's not a snowball's chance in hell of it now: :4wiifit::4villager::4littlemac::4lucario:
If you're willing to pay a lot of money in shipping costs, you can still get those from Europe at the very least. Lucario, though, isn't even out yet, so who knows.

Last edited:

sniper9159

Smash Rookie
Hello. I have a samus amiibo, and I read somewhere on the internet that you can have an amiibo farm for items while you do nothing. Can someone confirm this? If so how would one do it? I have never used my amiibo before so does it need to be a certain level for it to work? The method I saw was playing on custom smash and set the speed to fast while master balls are on high. Then mew would drop an item whenever it came out of the master ball. The method didn't use amiibos to farm them. A real player kept doing it.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Kurvy :4kirby: has a bad habit of sometimes just standing motionless for a second, I'm trying to break him out of it by mirror matching (and in general make him better, because he sucks), I might use Yoshi against him though since I'm better with him and they have similar moves.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I don't think that's what they meant about farming items. I think they meant equipment, moves, mii stuff, or gold. All you have to do is let the amiibo do fights while you can do something else. You can probably set it on 99 minute time stock match and do whatever like shop or eat at a place and come back for results. You can claim what they earned when you go to amiibo option.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
I feel like, in a way, Nintendo's doing some of this on purpose.

I mean, think about it. Even if the quality isn't exactly worthy of a title, but they're supposed to be real-life trophies of the characters.

So maybe Nintendo's making them rare on purpose.

Also I want Sakurai's word on him acknowledging the problems that are arising from all these amiibo **** ups.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The rewards that your amiibo may pick up include custom equipment, custom outfits, custom headgear, custom specials, trophies, and gold. However, even they aren't immune to getting duplicates.

PF9

Smash Lord
The more Amiibo you have, the better it works. I have a Pikachu Amiibo now, I intend to get more as time goes by.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
The Amiibo defects are general toy manufacturing errors. They happen all the time with figurines, toys, action figures, and dolls. The only real concern is the stocking of some Amiibo.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I decided I'm going to try for them all, and I started in with the collecting.
So far I have:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4dk::4pikachu::4link::4zelda::4kirby: those.
Looking for :4falcon:in particular.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
so does anybody have some quick, easy and cheap shelving ideas to hold amiibos?

I'll either go for that or buy a carrying case. the Insignia ones, not the stupid carrying cases that have literally no protection from the figures shifting around

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
image.jpg

Would this be considered a defect lol
just got Luigi, Diddy, & Zelda today.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I've got a Pikachu named Pika from the manga, and a Samus named Metroid because why the heck not.

Planning on getting Shulk, Jigglypuff, and everything else.

RIP wallet

Plus I don't think my parents are super willing to get me these figurines so idk how that's gonna work.

I sure hope I won't have to pay like $100 for a Marth in the future 0_0

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
So I calculated how much it would be to ship a Marth from the UK.

$36... Eh, idk, I just might bite that bullet as I can't find him anyhere else remotely close to that price.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
oh and do you guys think we'll see shipments of the dead three again? or do you think they're gone for good?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
so does anybody have some quick, easy and cheap shelving ideas to hold amiibos?

I'll either go for that or buy a carrying case. the Insignia ones, not the stupid carrying cases that have literally no protection from the figures shifting around
I don't like the carrying case idea myself, since the point for me is to ogle them, mainly. I think I'll go buy a put-it-together-yourself shelf unit from Wal-Mart, eventually. Nothing expensive. I'm currently just displaying DK, Samus, Pit and Falcon, though; the others I have hidden away until I feel comfortable laying them all out. I'm not paranoid about theives so much as I don't want my family to wring my neck if they knew just how quickly I bought so many of them. I'm not proud of that. I feel like Nintendo forced my hand, honestly, and I still resent that. I wonder if they'll debut Wave 4 when Wave 3 hits the streets, or wait a bit? If I had to preorder a bunch of Wave 4s after paying off most of Wave 3, I... It's just so much money. Still dreading what it's gonna take to get the non-Shulk exclusives!

Top Bottom