• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sorry, if this seems like a dumb question, but how do you reset an amiibo? My Yoshi(my first Amiibo), sucks horribly, which is something as a Yoshi main I'd like to fix ASAP.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Current amiibo - :4link::4samus::4falcon::4yoshi::4kirby::4pikachu::4fox::4marth::4marth::4peach::4zelda::4pit::4villager:.
At the end of January, I should be able to get - :4myfriends:and :4sheik:, and hopefully pre-order :4shulk:.

In the UK, the only shortages we have are Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Sorry, if this seems like a dumb question, but how do you reset an amiibo? My Yoshi(my first Amiibo), sucks horribly, which is something as a Yoshi main I'd like to fix ASAP.
Go to the amiibo section of the game and it should tell you at the top right corner. Or go on the wii u settings and look on amiibo and find it.

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
Oh my god! I just a went to my nearest store (Meijer) and they only have one DK and 2 Zeldas left! I'm glad i got mine before this happened.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Ravio :4link: got reset and I tried a new training method. Levels 1-10 I had it mirror match a Lvl 9 CPU to learn the basics.
Levels 11-20 I went into Special Smash and had a Slow Smash, at the same time turned launch rate down to 0.5, I mirror matched it myself to teach combos (the reason I set the speed and launch rate down). Level 20 I started cycling through my 3 best characters (Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Sheik) and then mirror matched it again, I might try doing the 11-20 method again. It's currently at level 35.

After Ravio is complete I'll reset Kurvy :4kirby: to properly train him.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I've got the amiibo fever. At this point, I gotta just get them all. I was just going to get Ike, DK, and Mewtwo, but... yeah. The fact that they might phase these out sooner than we'd like to drive up sales? It worked on me, at least. The thought that I could miss out on having these plastic decorations is just too much for me right now. I know it's a waste of money, but... they do look so pretty.

Current haul in-hand:

Wave 1: :4dk: :4yoshi: :4kirby: :4samus: :4fox: :4peach:
Wave 2: :4luigi: :4zelda: :4diddy:

Being shipped: :4falcon: (Gamestop) :4wiifit: (Japan) :4marth: (Germany) :4villager: (Germany)

Preordered: :4shulk: :4myfriends: :4bowser: :4tlink: :4sheik: :4dedede: :4sonic: :4megaman:

Currently trying to get at Gamestop: :4pit:

No idea how I'm going to get at all: :4littlemac: :4metaknight: :rosalina: :4lucario:

Helloooo Toys 'R' Us buy one get one 40% off sale: :4mario: :4pikachu: :4link:

Last edited:

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
I've got the amiibo fever. At this point, I gotta just get them all. I was just going to get Ike, DK, and Mewtwo, but... yeah. The fact that they might phase these out sooner than we'd like to drive up sales? It worked on me, at least. The thought that I could miss out on having these plastic decorations is just too much for me right now. I know it's a waste of money, but... they do look so pretty.

Current haul in-hand:

Wave 1: :4dk: :4yoshi: :4kirby: :4samus: :4fox: :4peach:
Wave 2: :4luigi: :4zelda: :4diddy:

Being shipped: :4falcon: (Gamestop) :4wiifit: (Japan) :4marth: (Germany) :4villager: (Germany)

Preordered: :4shulk: :4myfriends: :4bowser: :4tlink: :4sheik: :4dedede: :4sonic: :4megaman:

Currently trying to get at Gamestop: :4pit:

No idea how I'm going to get at all: :4littlemac: :4metaknight: :rosalina: :4lucario:

Helloooo Toys 'R' Us buy one get one 40% off sale: :4mario: :4pikachu: :4link:
seeing as you're in the USA as well, how much was the shipping for the villager?

and what site did you use?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
seeing as you're in the USA as well, how much was the shipping for the villager?

and what site did you use?
I went the quick and easy route and used Amazon.de. Shipping... was a lot; about $15 or so for both, altogether. Together with the two amiibo themselves, it cost me $50! But, Europe is the only place that still has Marth and Villager in-stock, so what can you do? Wii Fit Trainer, by comparison, to ship from Japan, cost me $18.99 + $5 shipping. The actual amiibo was more expensive from Yesasia, but the shipping was much less...

I was already poor before I got into collecting these. Now I'm just stupid poor. Stupid, and poor. It's what I want to do, though. Whenever I can get a new apartment, I want to have a little amiibo shelf/area to display all these. I don't have a lot of nice things or decorations, really. so I guess this is my way of decorating... ah, the life of a single man.

Last edited:

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
I went the quick and easy route and used Amazon.de. Shipping... was a lot; about $15 or so for both, altogether. Together with the two amiibo themselves, it cost me $50! But, Europe is the only place that still has Marth and Villager in-stock, so what can you do? Wii Fit Trainer, by comparison, to ship from Japan, cost me $18.99 + $5 shipping. The actual amiibo was more expensive from Yesasia, but the shipping was much less...
my parents would flip hearing that, considering when I had money they complained when I asked them to order a villager for over 30 bucks on ebay.

in hindsight, I should've waited before I preordered dedede and toon link.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
my parents would flip hearing that, considering when I had money they complained when I asked them to order a villager for over 30 bucks on ebay.

in hindsight, I should've waited before I preordered dedede and toon link.
I might have gotten a slight discount on my order since it was over 29 euros, but if you want just Villager from Germany, it'd cost you about $32 or so, give or take, to ship to the USA + the actual amiibo. I didn't bother checking the French or Italian Amazon sites; they may have been a couple bucks less.

No one knows which Wave 3s will be the "Pit/Little Mac" (super rare), so it's best to preorder the ones you want badly! Gamestop is very reliable and treats its customers well, so I can't recommend it enough. It's better to pay $13 for the amiibo you want NOW than $32 later...

And, can I just rant for a second about how incredibly INFURIATING it is that LITTLE MAC, possibly the MOST popular newcomer in Smash 4, ended up being the RAREST Wave 2 amiibo? Absolutely a "what were they thinking" kind of thing. If people on Amazon crank up the prices for Little Mac and all Nintendo's stock gets bought up, Nintendo makes the same amount of money but all of us pay out the nose for him. Nintendo is none the richer! Instead, with someone as well-received as Little Mac, they should have made him a common figure. Nintendo would be swimming in more dosh, and all of us would be paying less.

Last edited:

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
I might have gotten a slight discount on my order since it was over 29 euros, but if you want just Villager from Germany, it'd cost you about $32 or so, give or take, to ship to the USA + the actual amiibo. I didn't bother checking the French or Italian Amazon sites; they may have been a couple bucks less.

No one knows which Wave 3s will be the "Pit/Little Mac" (super rare), so it's best to preorder the ones you want badly! Gamestop is very reliable and treats its customers well, so I can't recommend it enough. It's better to pay $13 for the amiibo you want NOW than $32 later...

And, can I just rant for a second about how incredibly INFURIATING it is that LITTLE MAC, possibly the MOST popular newcomer in Smash 4, ended up being the RAREST Wave 2 amiibo? Absolutely a "what were they thinking" kind of thing. If people on Amazon crank up the prices for Little Mac and all Nintendo's stock gets bought up, Nintendo makes the same amount of money but all of us pay out the nose for him. Nintendo is none the richer! Instead, with someone as well-received as Little Mac, they should have made him a common figure. Nintendo would be swimming in more dosh, and all of us would be paying less.
I wonder if nintendo has done any of this on purpose. Made tiny amounts of shipments, discontinuing and making us search like hell..

it's ****ing ridiculous and some of this just seems like more than a coincidence!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Theory time: Nintendo sought to create a mad dash for sales figures right before Christmas by intentionally murmuring about some amiibo being phased out in the future. Their profit margin on a single amiibo is quite high, I have been told. This is making them very rich, compared to the investment and overhead involved in making and printing games. Anyway, they do this to drive up sales and create a craze, but they then underestimate the demand they have created. Combined with intentionally limiting supply, threatening to discontinue certain amiibos, without taking a stand on which ones and when, and limited retail shelf space, they have created this horrible scenario we are living in today. Thus the situation we have now: just about nobody has a Pit or Little Mac in any country, the amiibo shelves are nigh empty in just about every store, and customers are pissed off. Now consider what they are doing to get over the shelf space issue in America for Wave 3, by making 4 different store exclusive figures!

People that are collectors will collect them, one way or another; but if you want Skylanders-tier sales figures, you need to be available to the mainstream consumer, as well. They were smart to flood the market with Mario and Link, sure, but they failed to realize that among Smash Bros 4 players, Little Mac would likely be right up there with the big boys. I'm annoyed at ANY of the amiibo being as rare as Marth, sure, but there is clearly demand for Mac in particular, compared to other characters like Villager or Wii Fit Trainer. I like those characters, they are neat, but clearly they are not mega-popular.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Anybody got any good nicknames for amiibos? I've named Mario Jumpman, Link Lonk, Kirby Poyo, fox FireFox (might reset that one) , and i've been sitting here for twenty minutes trying to decide a name for samus.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
Theory time: Nintendo sought to create a mad dash for sales figures right before Christmas by intentionally murmuring about some amiibo being phased out in the future. Their profit margin on a single amiibo is quite high, I have been told. This is making them very rich, compared to the investment and overhead involved in making and printing games. Anyway, they do this to drive up sales and create a craze, but they then underestimate the demand they have created. Combined with intentionally limiting supply, threatening to discontinue certain amiibos, without taking a stand on which ones and when, and limited retail shelf space, they have created this horrible scenario we are living in today. Thus the situation we have now: just about nobody has a Pit or Little Mac in any country, the amiibo shelves are nigh empty in just about every store, and customers are pissed off. Now consider what they are doing to get over the shelf space issue in America for Wave 3, by making 4 different store exclusive figures!

People that are collectors will collect them, one way or another; but if you want Skylanders-tier sales figures, you need to be available to the mainstream consumer, as well. They were smart to flood the market with Mario and Link, sure, but they failed to realize that among Smash Bros 4 players, Little Mac would likely be right up there with the big boys. I'm annoyed at ANY of the amiibo being as rare as Marth, sure, but there is clearly demand for Mac in particular, compared to other characters like Villager or Wii Fit Trainer. I like those characters, they are neat, but clearly they are not mega-popular.
I imagine villager had been popular enough to keep being made. But if they want to keep working on these, they gotta realize suddenly permanently pulling things off the shelf is really not a good idea.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
I don't think that Argos place ships internationally.. darn, and the amiibos on amazon are 5 dollars more expensive.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
so far my collection is :4kirby::4samus::4peach::4pikachu::4link::4yoshi:

hoping to get a villager sometime soon, and preordered dedede and toon link

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I'm confused about feeding equipment, if I feed it equipment can I not use that piece of equipment for custom characters, or other amiibo?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm confused about feeding equipment, if I feed it equipment can I not use that piece of equipment for custom characters, or other amiibo?
Once you feed them any piece of equipment, it's gone (Unless you have another with same stats or something).

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I was unsuccesful in getting a Pit today. Tomorrow and Friday, though, I have a chance of getting one. Little Mac seems even more impossible, though... If I can get two Pits, I'll gladly trade one for a Mac on Facebook or something...

I also took advantage of the sale at Toys 'R' Us and got Mario, Pikachu, and Link. When the amiibo I ordered from overseas come in the mail, I'll have all of Wave 1! Phew. If I can just get Little Mac and Pit...

Still no idea what kind of hell it will be to get my hands on Lucario, Meta Knight, or Rosalina. I sense more orders from Japan on the horizon, for me... Please, Nintendo, no more store exclusives after this. Especially not at Best Buy, Target, or Toys 'R' Us...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Nintendo should really make "Amiibo Soda" - soda drinks flavoured after Amiibo characters, with the corresponding Amiibos as the caps.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
so, I guess I can confirm the discontinued three are the biggest pain in the ass to find only in america.

thanks NoA

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
@ StarKun StarKun Dude, check this out:

http://www.thetanooki.com/2014/12/2...ents-of-villager-amiibo-for-super-smash-bros/

No idea if this is true, but if it is, this could be the news America wants to hear. I don't entirely regret ordering from Germany, though, since I needed Marth either way. Besides, I wouldn't take this as 100% confirmed, and who knows even if this is true how long it will be until it happens. Still, there is hope! Maybe Nintendo has changed their minds about amiibo availability.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
@ StarKun StarKun Dude, check this out:

http://www.thetanooki.com/2014/12/2...ents-of-villager-amiibo-for-super-smash-bros/

No idea if this is true, but if it is, this could be the news America wants to hear. I don't entirely regret ordering from Germany, though, since I needed Marth either way. Besides, I wouldn't take this as 100% confirmed, and who knows even if this is true how long it will be until it happens. Still, there is hope! Maybe Nintendo has changed their minds about amiibo availability.
I wouldn't regret ordering if I could order, I'm going loopy for villager. I have plans to paint him and everything.

I'm a little skeptical about the article, though. Villager's page isn't on toys r us anymore.

But thanks for the article anyway, I'll try to keep an eye on it!

Since I've just been whining about the problems Nintendo's been having about amiibos, I might as well talk about them in general like the thread says we should do.

I mean.. I ****ing love them. Even if they might have small problems like awkward stands or whatever, I love collecting them. I currently have 6 in wave one and eventually aim to have almost the entire roster.

I shouldn't have canceled my villager preorder at that. If only I knew.. anyway, I think they're well made, and quite sturdy even if they have stands. It's a shame Nintendo's having a shaky start with these, and I hope it gets fixed, but at this point I feel like there will be some new problem with wave 4.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Personally, i'm only going to hunt the following amiibo:
:4mario:, :4luigi:, :4link:, :4shulk: (May replace with :rosalina: just in case), :4palutena:, :4gaw:, :4duckhunt:, and :4rob:
I'm setting myself up for failure by attempting to get :4shulk: with no preorder.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I'm not trying to collect them all or re-sell so Wii Fit Trainer and Marth don't really interest me. However as an Animal Crossing fan, I kinda want Villager, but I'm more on the hunt for Rosalina.

Top Bottom