• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I wish you'd have included a time stamp because that guy was unbearable (Must be why our channel doesn't have many views yet... I'm not annoying enough). I did eventually find you though!

Has anyone heard anything about Wave 4 yet? Someone in line told me they went up on Amazon shortly a couple weeks ago, but I feigned gullibility and secretly called bull because I would've seen that through the constant site refreshing I've done. He might've meant UK Amazon, or didn't realize somebody else meant that when they told him.
Haha. He was unbearable in real life too. Um.. I'll go get a timestamp if you want to see my gorgeous countenance.
I'm in the Toys R Us line in a burgundy jacket.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I wonder if the smash versions of the Mario characters will disappear after the Mario line comes out.
I can answer this for you, I was just about to post on the subject/

Yes, the Smash version will disappear.

Peach and Yoshi are already on the way out at Gamestop- they are 1-unavailable for online order, and 2- already received a price reduction of 3 dollars.

*sorry on double, this post should be seen, though, as its own thing. It's important to some collectors without Peach and Yoshi.

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman

Peach and Yoshi are already on the way out at Gamestop- they are 1-unavailable for online order, and 2- already received a price reduction of 3 dollars.

*sorry on double, this post should be seen, though, as its own thing. It's important to some collectors without Peach and Yoshi.
Then I'm thankful that I got the two for Christmas.

Question; How long would it take for the Smash line to like...completely die out?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

-.- ................ Sudden urge to buy a Yoshi is coming on.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Then I'm thankful that I got the two for Christmas.

Question; How long would it take for the Smash line to like...completely die out?
I think that it is true, they are so detailed and in such weird poses, that as soon as an alternative to a character comes out (that needs an alternative to stay on the market, such as Link or Pikachu), the new one will become the standard.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Knowing where a few Samuses are still hiding, I'm resisting the urge to go out and buy them just because they might be getting phased out.

Don't forget about the AR cards, though. My g/f helped me realize I don't actually need two of everything I want to actually play with.

Sonic from Walmart arrived in the mail over the weekend, I have confirmation that Sonic/MM/Ike/DDD from TRU have shipped, WFT from UK has shipped but could take until end of next week to arrive.

Also, while not amiibo related, after I took out my garbage last night at around 11 PM, I was delighted to see I had walked right past a package at my door. Inside was my MH4 New 3DS XL. I'm securing a MM system too for my girlfriend tonight so we can both hunt monsters in style.

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
what made you come up with category titles like those?? 0.0

Mushroom = Mario related characters
Pokirby = Amalgamation of Pokemon & Kirby (most are from those franchises)
Gothic = Mostly medieval themed (sword fighters)
Stellar = Most characters are from games that take place in space/other planets

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I've been planning an Amiibo tournament or league, but have plans for the entire 48 character roster (not counting Mewtwo). I have everyone split into 4 divisions (12 characters each, which I can be split into 6, 2 man teams or 4 teams of 3) based partly on already established connections. Here's my set up using 2 character teams:

Mushroom Division
:4mario::4luigi:----:4peach::rosalina:----:4yoshi::4wario:----:4bowser::4bowserjr:----:4dk::4diddy:----:4drmario::4gaw:

Pokirby Division
:4kirby::4metaknight:----:4pikachu::4charizard:----:4lucario::4jigglypuff:----:4dedede::4greninja:----:4sonic::4pacman:----:4villager::4ness:

Gothic Division
:4link::4zelda:----:4sheik::4tlink:----:4pit::4palutena:----:4ganondorf::4darkpit:----:4marth::4myfriends:----:4lucina::4robinm:

Stellar Divison
:4samus::4falcon:----:4fox::4falco:----:4megaman::4olimar:----:4rob::4duckhunt:----:4zss::4shulk:----:4littlemac::4wiifit:

The problem is waiting for them to all be released to start. I may need to amend this depending on what ones I can get.
When I do this I will reset them all first, then train each against the CPU as themselves a few times so they each have a somewhat equal chance to level up.
I think :4rob: and :4gaw: should switch places since :4rob: was playable in Mario Kart DS while :4gaw: only made a cameo in Game and Watch Gallery 4.
Although great categorization regardless.

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
I think :4rob: and :4gaw: should switch places since :4rob: was playable in Mario Kart DS while :4gaw: only made a cameo in Game and Watch Gallery 4.
Although great categorization regardless.

I have :4rob: with :4duckhunt: because both games for them were included in some NES systems when it came out in the 80s. I am open to any other suggestions for better pairings. Not sure about the Fire Emblem character pairings since I don't know much about those games.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I have :4rob: with :4duckhunt: because both games for them were included in some NES systems when it came out in the 80s. I am open to any other suggestions for better pairings. Not sure about the Fire Emblem character pairings since I don't know much about those games.
By pure coincidence, the Fire Emblem cast is fine as is.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if anyone saw this yet but theres an article on Amiibo Inquirer about an investor meeting. Not looking good. Iawata got caught off guard with the success in America. It doesn't look good for reissued amiibo either. If there's a game that requires amiibo that's been sold out then maybe just maybe more will be made. Buy buy buy and hang onto them. There's also mention of rare amiibo (silver and gold Mario?) so now we've learned that even "commons" go uncommon. First signs of this was Fox and more recently Mario and Peach. I can't post a link on my cell phone to the article so just go to Amiibo Inquirer and look it up for more info.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Apparently the Amiibo cards are being released later this year. Does anyone actually give a **** about the ingame function? Just about everyone I know just likes the figures, and considers what they do a bonus.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Apparently the Amiibo cards are being released later this year. Does anyone actually give a **** about the ingame function? Just about everyone I know just likes the figures, and considers what they do a bonus.
Depends on the game. Code Name STEAM for example is a MUST. I think cards could work in that game's favor since it is portable. I'm going to assume Amiibo cards will be like $3.99.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So here's what happened at the investor meeting regarding amiibo....

Apparently later in the future Amiibo will be used to unlock Super Famicom and Famicom games on Wii U.

Iwata did not anticipate the desire of amiibo which is why the US has a shortage. This is the graph of the ship nation for Amiibo Stock

Iwata on shortages: "if theres a situation where we get a number of requests from customers & retailers, we will consider adding production." (Cue the petitions)

A NFC reader for original 3DS's will be coming in Japan Summer 2015. No info on worldwide releases

Amiibo cards of different characters will be releasing later this year.

Top 5 sold amiibo in US:
1. Link
2. Mario
3. Pikachu
4. Kirby
5. Samus

Thanks AmiiboNews for the translations.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Depends on the game. Code Name STEAM for example is a MUST. I think cards could work in that game's favor since it is portable. I'm going to assume Amiibo cards will be like $3.99.
I won't buy them for anymore. It probably takes less than 2 dollars to make them.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I wonder if the 3DS NFC reader will be region locked, bc knowing Nintendo they're gonna make our lives hard by not bringing it outside of Japan.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind not using Amiibo for the 3DS, I just use them in Smash 4 Wii U, but hey, I feel for those who only have a 3DS.

Damn, they're actually going through with the cards? Everytime I see them in a store, i'll death glare them. Doesn't Nintendo know that the main appeal of Amiibo is the fact that they're figures of characters that never had a figurine before?

Dang it all, Ninty.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
I don't think figure amiibo and card amiibo are mutually exclusive.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
It's cheaper than buying two of whatever you want to play with if you're trying to have a full mint-in-box collection and also want to actually play with the darn things (like myself).

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm going to assume that the Amiibo cards have an NFC chip instead of being an AR card. Think of it like a credit card or something. I'm hoping they do some cool designs with them though it's obvious they'll just slap on the character's Smash artwork and call it a day. Holographic cards maybe? Are those even cool anymore?

And another thing, what's going on with that Amiibo adaptor for regular 3DS? Are they seriously just saying "Hey, here's an awesome Amiibo feature for this game coming next month but you can't use it until we say you can waaaaaay later in the year. Or you can get yourself the new 3DS you peasant!"

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I have a friend looking for Shulk in NY with no luck yet and I'm really needing it!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
What I want is more amiibo figurines in my collection. I mean, is it really that hard for Nintendo to produce more of them? Because I ain't wasting my money on those damn amiibo cards. Damn you, Nintendo!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This might be a cool idea for Amiibo cards:

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet here but apparently OTHER AMIIBOS will also be compatible with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker outside of just the Toad amiibo, but they're being tight lipped on whom and what they do:

http://nintendoeverything.com/capta...erse-interview-with-director-shinya-hiratake/

Thought it might be handy to know for anyone who owns the game and loves amiibos.
I'm predicting it will be just something akin to Hyrule Warriors. So in this case, scanning in other Amiibo will get you lives.

Best case scenario is that they give you costumes of the character, or even let you play as the cast of 3D World sans Blue Toad (it really shouldn't be hard to do, it's the exact same engine - I wouldn't even mind if they were mere skin changes either).

Or heck, maybe they are working on levels that come with some Amiibo. That would best explain the more than 3 month wait for this Amiibo functionality.

Last edited:

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
So here's what happened at the investor meeting regarding amiibo....

Apparently later in the future Amiibo will be used to unlock Super Famicom and Famicom games on Wii U.

Iwata did not anticipate the desire of amiibo which is why the US has a shortage. This is the graph of the ship nation for Amiibo Stock

Iwata on shortages: "if theres a situation where we get a number of requests from customers & retailers, we will consider adding production." (Cue the petitions)

So North America gets most of the stock, and we still have shortages of many characters. Isn't the obvious demand enough of a request? I can't wait to see what Amiibo they make to unlock games, which I assume work like download codes for games.

I think it is obvious from discussion here that many do like the functionality of Amiibo figures, but the figures themselves are a major part of their popularity. I have no interest in cards and don't expect them to be anywhere near as popular as the figures, but I can see why 3DS owners might be interested in those.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
If it makes you feel better I have imported a LOT. Play-Asia is my favorite import store but I have relied on ebay for Japanese amiibos. My ebay experience has been good no horror stories most sellers have lots of positive feedback just avoid new sellers with a few points.
The bad thing is they never have Lucario, Captain Falcon, Marth, Pit, Villager, Wii Fit, or Meta Knight for a reasonable price. I've heard it's $13 extra for shipping. Marth is $29 on there and add that to $13 and that's around $42 for one figure.

Last edited:

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
The bad thing is they never have Lucario, Captain Falcon, Marth, Pit, Villager, Wii Fit, or Meta Knight for a reasonable price. I've heard it's $13 extra for shipping. Marth is $29 on there and add that to $13 and that's around $42 for one figure.
It's a shame prices have gotten so bad. Have you tried any Euro Amazon sites? I never tried those but I believe a few people in this thread have.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad I'm only after Smash Amiibos. That Gold Mario sounds like a pain to track down even if it does look cool.

Top Bottom