• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Gamestop finally sent a shipping confirmation of my Ike/Sonic. Thankfully I haven't committed to anything else yet and was able to cancel my Amazon.uk order.

This Wave is hopefully finally done for me. Though now I have to decide on what to do with my extra Lucario. lol
give me it :3

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Well I got my Ike. I feel like I owe this person at TRU a thank you card. I'm definitely sending a thank you card.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
image.jpg
My current collection just added peach yesterday ! I'm playin f the waiting game for the others I got coming in the mail .

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got my Fox today. Called home to see if I got a book I need for class, but my parents couldn't figure out what he package was (mind you they're in their 50s/Mid 60s.
Had them open it, with my Dad yelling in the background of the phone: "He's cute." :4fox:

:ohwell:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Got my Fox today. Called home to see if I got a book I need for class, but my parents couldn't figure out what he package was (mind you they're in their 50s/Mid 60s.
Had them open it, with my Dad yelling in the background of the phone: "He's cute." :4fox:

:ohwell:
I might order Fox soon. Haven't seen a single local one. I need something to go along with my future Falco amiibo as well as Shiek.with Link.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm going to assume that the Amiibo cards have an NFC chip instead of being an AR card. Think of it like a credit card or something. I'm hoping they do some cool designs with them though it's obvious they'll just slap on the character's Smash artwork and call it a day. Holographic cards maybe? Are those even cool anymore?

And another thing, what's going on with that Amiibo adaptor for regular 3DS? Are they seriously just saying "Hey, here's an awesome Amiibo feature for this game coming next month but you can't use it until we say you can waaaaaay later in the year. Or you can get yourself the new 3DS you peasant!"
The 3DS NFC dongle comes out this summer. Yeah, it sucks.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So apparently if you preordered Ike from gamestop before January then you'll get it this month. If you didn't you'll get it sometime in Spring.

If you preordered DeDeDe at gamestop before January you'll get him this Month as well. However, if you didn't then you'll get him this summer.

I'm ticked about Ike, but I feel bad for people who preordered DeDeDe at gamestop...

source: http://myamiibonews.com/2015/02/int...ines-split-release-for-ike-and-dedede-orders/

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
So apparently if you preordered Ike from gamestop before January then you'll get it this month. If you didn't you'll get it sometime in Spring.

If you preordered DeDeDe at gamestop before January you'll get him this Month as well. However, if you didn't then you'll get him this summer.

I'm ticked about Ike, but I feel bad for people who preordered DeDeDe at gamestop...

source: http://myamiibonews.com/2015/02/int...ines-split-release-for-ike-and-dedede-orders/
Yeah, I ended up pre-ordering a Shulk amiibo for May. OUCH. Just....ouch. Well, beats eventually spending double/triple the price from scalpers. #thewaitinggameisreal

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
how screwed am i if i didn't pre-order :4myfriends:or:4dedede:
i really wanted them in nice condition so i figured i
would wait and just get them in store whenever i could…
looks like that wasn't the smartest option considering
those are the only two that are problems.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
how screwed am i if i didn't pre-order :4myfriends:or:4dedede:
i really wanted them in nice condition so i figured i
would wait and just get them in store whenever i could…
looks like that wasn't the smartest option considering
those are the only two that are problems.
If you don't mind importing Ike you can get him for pretty much $21 from Amazon UK. My Pit order from GameStop cost $17 with shipping and everything so four dollars more shouldn't be that bad.
You're screwed on Dedede though. Just like I am...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man, when will preorders for the wave 4 line be available? The only amiibo I want is Lucina as I decided not to get Robin since I don't play as him that much. I'm currently debating whether I should get Zelda instead.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Man, when will preorders for the wave 4 line be available? The only amiibo I want is Lucina as I decided not to get Robin since I don't play as him that much. I'm currently debating whether I should get Zelda instead.
you should already have zelda because zelda is beautiful

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So now that Shulk is out in Japan, it shouldn't be too long now before I can finally, FINALLY, have my Shulk and Rosalina amiibo. Waited so long already for this.

AND, I still need to get Jigglypuff when that comes out. >.>

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Characters currently free of plastic::4mario::4littlemac::4kirby::4pikachu::4marth::4yoshi::4myfriends::4dedede::4megaman::4bowser::4pacman::4ness::4robinm:

Characters doomed to plastic::4lucina::4charizard::4wario2::4tlink::4sonic::4sheik::rosalina::4shulk::4lucario::4metaknight::4diddy::4zelda::4luigi::4falcon::4pit::4link::4samus::4fox::4dk::4wiifit::4villager::4peach:

Out of the remaining :4bowserjr::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4olimar::4palutena::4rob::4zss: Which characters do you think will be smothered in plastic and characters that aren't? Characters that are but not even noticeable?( like samus)

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
So...GameStop still hasn't got my :4sonic:ready due to weather conditions.Which sucks.
In other news,I'm seriously thinking about getting an import :4shulk:,since I can't find him anywhere.
I also want to invest in :4megaman: because third parties.Reserving :4pacman: the moment he becomes available.Maybe:4wario: but I'm not sure.
But where is my Ganondorf?
My precious:4ganondorf:amiibo...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

i have a problem :4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach::4peach:
Alright, I get the point in having a boxed Peach(collectors item), a boxed 'Daisy'(neat custom) and an opened Peach(to actually enjoy the use of), but I don't get why you've bought another boxed Peach, with the exact same boxart/region/series if it's for your personal collection.

Seriously, what's the last one for?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Characters currently free of plastic::4mario::4littlemac::4kirby::4pikachu::4marth::4yoshi::4myfriends::4dedede::4megaman::4bowser::4pacman::4ness::4robinm:

Characters doomed to plastic::4lucina::4charizard::4wario2::4tlink::4sonic::4sheik::rosalina::4shulk::4lucario::4metaknight::4diddy::4zelda::4luigi::4falcon::4pit::4link::4samus::4fox::4dk::4wiifit::4villager::4peach:

Out of the remaining :4bowserjr::4darkpit::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4olimar::4palutena::4rob::4zss: Which characters do you think will be smothered in plastic and characters that aren't? Characters that are but not even noticeable?( like samus)
:4bowserjr:, :4duckhunt:, :4gaw:, :4jigglypuff:, and :4zss: are guranteed to be smothered in plastic. Why?
:4bowserjr:: Koopa Clown Car
:4duckhunt:: The Duck
:4gaw:: 2D fighter
:4jigglypuff:: In midair
:4zss:: Seems like she could be in midair.
:4darkpit:, :4drmario:, :4ganondorf:, :4greninja:, :4olimar:, and :4rob: will most likely have no plastic.
Anyone not listed could go either way.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Annnnnd the post office ****ed up and either delivered my Sonic to the wrong house or lost it in their building somewhere. Wonderful.
I feel for you, man. I lost a pair of Pits that way - one of them was going to be a gift for my best friend. Fortunately, I had also ordered one from TRU, and it arrived even though I thought it had been cancelled.

Between this and order cancellations, I've been trained to order two of everything from two different sources, just to be certain I complete the collection.

Just waiting for Meta Knight to arrive, and then I'll have all of Wave 3 secured...

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Walmart in canada ontario had mega man and sonic last night, picked up the last mega man. They had a handful of sheik and toon link as well. Lots of sonic, bowser, zelda and diddy kong.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Moment of truth for me tomorrow. Sonic, Mega Man, Shulk, Dedede, and Meta Knight release.

I'm going to regret not importing Shulk or Meta Knight, one of those probably won't show up in Ireland.

At least I have Mega Man pre-ordered.

EDIT: SHULK, META KNIGHT, AND DEDEDE GOT REMOVED FROM THE SMYTHS WEBSITE JUST LIKE ROSALINA DID LAST MONTH.

DON'T TELL ME THEY AREN'T SHOWING UP TO IRELAND.

AND MEGA MAN WAS THE ONE I WENT AND PRE-ORDERED ON AMAZON.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4bowserjr:, :4duckhunt:, :4gaw:, :4jigglypuff:, and :4zss: are guranteed to be smothered in plastic. Why?
:4bowserjr:: Koopa Clown Car
:4duckhunt:: The Duck
:4gaw:: 2D fighter
:4jigglypuff:: In midair
:4zss:: Seems like she could be in midair.
:4darkpit:, :4drmario:, :4ganondorf:, :4greninja:, :4olimar:, and :4rob: will most likely have no plastic.
Anyone not listed could go either way.
Olimar will probably have plastic going off of how his feet are positioned.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Holy mother...tomorrow is the day.

Tomorrow, I shall be setting out on a glorious adventure for Shulk, King Dedede, and Meta Knight. I will prevail!

*Crosses fingers* C'mon Smyths...don't be popular tomorrow...
Seriously, if I go tomorrow before opening times and they don't have any...*cracks knuckles* Someone's going to be sent to the hospital.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
http://www.amiiboinquirer.com/2015/...trike-is-affecting-amiibo-hardware-shipments/

What's sad is that I wouldn't have known this was news if it wasn't Amiibo related.
So yeah, there's apparently a strike in west cost ports and they're affecting Amiibo shipments. That's annoying.
I wonder if 80 percent of the inventory is held up there... I'd that that number as a legitimate excuse for never receiving any,

Legitimately, I feel for ya @ im just peachy im just peachy ,

These things are terrible for addicts.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Meanwhile:
Someone (not me) found a Villager amiibo in a actual store. For $69.95.
Great, so even the retailers are scalping now. Time to start wondering how many stores have crates of amiibos just sitting in the back accruing value.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Alright, I get the point in having a boxed Peach(collectors item), a boxed 'Daisy'(neat custom) and an opened Peach(to actually enjoy the use of), but I don't get why you've bought another boxed Peach, with the exact same boxart/region/series if it's for your personal collection.

Seriously, what's the last one for?
it was on sale so i thought it was really disrespectful not to get it,
and the paint job was really nice and a nice paint job peach is hard to come by where i live !

More beautiful than Peach?

hmmm, i think peach is cute, like jigglypuff & stuff, zelda and zero suit, even palutena are beautiful in my book

Top Bottom