• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
*repeated facedesks*

You know, when you hear something coming in a "wave' that usually implies something all at once. I know they even said wave 3 would be split up more, but one figure every other week?

I went to GameStop again today to pick up my extra Shulks and Ike (apparently none of the extra orders I cancelled way back when I first pre-ordered were actually cancelled). The Shulks were there, but not Ike even though I was told both would be there today when I came in Wednesday when I was told to pick them up at that day by phone call. And they didn't even give me an estimated date of when he might be in either. I suppose I should've seen this coming since I have an extra Ike being shipped to home that had taken the money out of my bank account to pay for it yet hasn't shipped (exactly the same behavior as when my first Shulk shipped).

I normally wouldn't complain so much except that the closest GameStop I go to is an hour round trip drive and I'm wasting a lot of gas going back and forth for what should be a single trip.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Oh GOOOOOOD! They won't let me pick up my check till after 10. Looks like I won't be getting Amiibo today...
I was too slow.
Even though it's not my fault.
That they won't set up my Direct Deposit.
It's been 6 months.
I've submitted the forms 4 times.

Ugh guess I'll have to settle for commons. Luigi's on my list but that's about it. Might get a Bowser if I feel like it. I still have a Fox on my GameStop cart online. I hope I can buy it.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Just picked up a Mario, and a Kirby yesterday, giving me a grand total of 3 Amiibos...plan on buying Yoshi, DK, Samus, and Pikachu whenever I go back to the store lol.

You're lucky to have even those. The only Amiibos at my Gamestop were Donkey Kong, Kirby, Yoshi, Pikachu, and Mario...they only had Kirby amiibos at Walmart, the rest sold out. :(
Lol, Those are the five that I have

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nothing over here where I was at. Stopped at two TRU, a Meijer, and a Gamestop before I gave up. No lines anywhere.

According to Reddit there may have been some at a TRU an hour away but you would have had to wait in line. On the bright side though there was an anti-scalper selling Shulks to those waiting.

Really hope my Ike/Sonic pre-orders at GS come through. Either way I need a nap now. >_>

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Stopped at TRU this morning to a rude awakening...

Because they only got 4 Sonics, 4 Mega Mans, 3 Dededes, and 1 Ike, they only let each person claim 1 amiibo. 1 TOTAL, not each. I was first in line after standing there for over an hour. I would've taken Ike, but I was actually there for the MM New 3DS XL (which they didn't have, so I was boned anyway) shopping for a Valentine's Day gift. I got Dedede because my g/f really wanted one.

I've got the rest coming in the mail, but... wow, this 1 amiibo per customer shenanigan is crap.

Jonarobin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PowerMiner
Welp called two Toysrus's this morning to find they were completely out of the new ones ._.
So we didn't end up going because some certain slow people delayed us from leaving...

I have Megaman and Ike preordered, but my sister really wants her own Mega Man, what would be the best place to go next week for one when he releases at Walmart/Best Buy/Game stop next week?

Any tips for her?

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726

Because they only got 4 Sonics, 4 Mega Mans, 3 Dededes, and 1 Ike, they only let each person claim 1 amiibo. 1 TOTAL, not each. I was first in line after standing there for over an hour. I would've taken Ike, but I was actually there for the MM New 3DS XL (which they didn't have, so I was boned anyway) shopping for a Valentine's Day gift. I got Dedede because my g/f really wanted one.

I've got the rest coming in the mail, but... wow, this 1 amiibo per customer shenanigan is crap.
It does more good then harm to stop scalpers. Maybe they should switch to 1 amiibo type per person

Purio

Smash Cadet
Well Target, Best Buy, and Walmart had nothing today. GameStop only handed out preorders and nothing more. ALTHOUGH they were accepting orders in store for May's shipments of Shulk. That might be something you all should ask your GameStops about.

Toys R Us had a line waiting outside... They were handing out tickets for Amiibos and the New 3DS. They only allowed one of each item per customer. They had Lucario, Megaman, Ike, Sheik, and Toon Link. By the time it was my turn, I just got Megaman, which was fine, since I have the others. Although I was hoping to get a second Lucario to try and trade for Shulk. Oh well. I also got myself a red New 3DS and Majora's Mask. I knew I would eventually, may as well now, lol.

Toys R Us stated that next Friday they will receive more Lucario and Megaman, as well as Sonic and Dedede. I will have to go earlier and try and get Sonic and Dedede. =P

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I managed to snag a Dedede today at TRU. But I got jobbed out of trade bait AGAIN!!! They did the one per customer rule at TRU. I wanted to get an extra Mega Man and Sonic for bait, but that rule prevented me from doing so. I was going to do the $33 for 3 deal. So I was forced to narrow it down to just getting Dedede. But I'm happy I got him though. He's the last of the non exclusives that wasn't on pre-order for me. So I'm guaranteed 9 of 11 of wave 3. Lucario and Meta Knight are going to be a pain to get though.
image.jpg

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

That was my Target experience, wherein, I think I remember, yours was more generous.

Line at Toys R Us today. I went to the one right, conveniently, next to a Target, Gamestop, Best Buy, and Walmart.

Was told by store manager I got their too late, Megaman, which they had the most of (at a whopping FIVE), were all into the 8 people in front of me.

So I did my rounds to the other stores for fun, meeting a very nice looking guy doing the same thing (got a number, score). And then ended up, after belayed hastle with:
Best Buy not willing to sell,
Walmart still ignorant,
Target officially 'done' with getting any amiibo,
Gamestop packed with people who thought they could walk in and get any items,
And ...back at TRU...

I believed I may have preordered some a long time ago. Never hopeless, I tried this approach, and it turns out, I made a cash order on four amiibo Dec 21. I forgot to add them to my database (Yes, I have a smash bros amiibo spread sheet), and they were in no way linked to my name, number, email, or TRU rewards.

Without any way to get them... no receipt or anything, I couldnt do much.
Instead, I decided that I would charm the girl (who complimented my accent, thinking it was legitimate, when it is really just what I use to sound more charming in ... frustrating situations), and spoke with the manager. He agreed to sell me the amiibo, I was at this point positive they were mine based on date-money down- reserved list... and ended up walking away with Ike, Mega Man, and Sonic.

No Dedede, and in fact, there was an unfulfiled Lucario order still on hold for me there.
Good day.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Whelp I completely missed out. At least the shelves at Toys R Us are packed.... with commons. I was going to get Luigi's but he's a dollar more there for some reason. Eh, I'll see if the Fox on my cart is still valid. And I have an Ike to import. And a Wii Fit bidding war to lose.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
So I've been keeping an eye on Rosalina on Amazon, and every time I check back, she's lower in price...

So I'm just sat there, saying "Come on Rosie, you can do it girl, just a little more..."
I'm so flubbin' sad.

I'm still gearing up for the 20th. Shulk, King Dedede, Mega Man, Sonic, Meta Knight...here I come!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Of the five stores in my area, (Wal Mart, Toys R Us, two EB Games stores, and Future Shop) most of them only got Toon Link and Sheik as far as new amiibos were concerned (though there were a lot more Samuses and Yoshis than I remember). Surprisingly, though, Wal Mart had places in their amiibo section for Ike and Rosalina. They were empty, and I don't want either of them, but I was surprised to see that Wal Mart got them at all, seeing as I'm used to them only getting the ultra-common amiibos.

I was mainly looking for Mega Man, Shulk, Dedede, and Sonic, but from what I heard from the person working at EB Games, they only got one of each of those, and they were all reserved for pre-order. (if they aren't picked up on Monday, they go out on shelves, but I won't be able to get there until two or three hours after they open, so there's no point)

I really wish that Nintendo would be a lot clearer as to release dates for these things - I know part of it has to do with a port strike on the west coast of the US, but the release dates for waves two and three have been so disjointed and broken apart that it's impossible to know when an amiibo that you're looking for will show up in stores, or if there will be enough for people to actually get them.

Last edited:

Frenzy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, my Ike didn't come in either. They didn't have an exact date, they said maybe sometime next week but it was supposed to come out on the 1st then the 13th, I don't have high hopes. They have a second release of Shulk coming out May 1st, I just preordered one when I went to pick up my Ike that wasn't there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is it me, or does Rosalina's pose here look similar to Elsa's Infinity pose?
Not really. Elsa is trying to do a poo in her pose.

Rosalina is just kinda hangin' out.

It's based on her MKWii/MK7 render, BTW.

-----------

In other news, my friend got Mega Man at TRU. He was the only character they got today, and they seemingly did not get many of him in stock.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And I just BARELY caught it too. I had clicked away to another page, but quickly noticed and came back in.

Also, I think it may have been a back order. But the delivery date is within 3 weeks, so we'll see.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Gotta wait til next week to get Ike andMega Man. A friend of mine got Mega Man, I'm super jealous.

D

Deleted member

I hope you all got your Iron Man and Dr. Dedede amiibo today.

Man, I didn't think Dr. DeDeDe would be that popular, so I didn't preorder. The store was completely sold out when I arrived. They didn't even have Iron Man, they just had all the common ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
King Dedede and Meta Knight are the ones I currently lack in any form.

I'm not concerned. Maybe I should be.

My Best Buy preorder is supposed to ship to me. I got confirmation via email a couple of days ago that it releases the 20th... but have no idea when it is slated to arrive, or even ship, to my home address.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I currently lack just Meta Knight and Lucario. There is a possibility of Sonic also, but I talked to my local GameStop today about my online pre-order delay and they said they won't cancel it and they're just waiting for Nintendo to manufacture more to meet supply demand. So it's unlikely. I just hope I can snag a few extra uncommon ones like a 2nd Mega Man or Dedede and use them as trade bait to get Captain Falcon and the others.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Ok, for anyone who is interested in Shulk, GO ASK ABOUT THE PRE-ORDER AT THE STORE ITSELF IN PERSON.

I went there earlier today, and told the person at the cashier about the second wave of Shulk that was on the website for early May. She said that he was available to be shipped to my house and i ordered him. I asked her why he was available to pre-order today when my mom went yesterday and was un-able to do it then. The Gamestop cashier said that Gamestop was informed that they'd gotten extra amiibo stock for Shulk to put up for Pre-order very early in the day, so pre-orders went back up.
Anyone who wants Shulk, you might wanna check Gamestop again to make sure if you can pre-order. I pre-ordered mine, and i'd say today's a good day. I can wait a few months. : 3

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
My TRU had a line this morning and was limiting customers to one of each character. Had a couple Dededes and 8 each of Sonic and Mega Man, which went fast. We received 8 Lucarios and a few of Fox later in the afternoon, and the Lucarios were gone within a couple hours.

Toys R Us stated that next Friday they will receive more Lucario and Megaman, as well as Sonic and Dedede. I will have to go earlier and try and get Sonic and Dedede. =P

Who told you this and how would they know? Employees do not know what stock is coming a week ahead.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
This Best Buy is a train wreck...
luiguy.jpg

So, I made a new friend today. The guy behind me in line at TRU works at a Target and has established a network he calls his 'Amiibo Mafia.' Because of the 1 per customer rule, he had his room mate with him so that he could buy both Sonic and Mega Man. Knowing they were after these, I went out of my way to get Dedede to avoid stepping on his toes, and am now officially part of his network. He gave me a tip on someone who had an extra Majora's Mask New 3DS XL for sale, and to thank him I agreed to trade him my extra Lucario (who I was going to play with) for a Rosalina (of which I now own 4). This actually wasn't a favorable trade for me, but he said Lucario was the only amiibo out of all of them that was missing from his collection so I wanted to help out since he was helping me. Who knows, it could lead to something better down the line.

Oh, and if anybody remembers the old lady from my Rosalina story, I saw her again today. She got burned hard by the 1 per customer rule and was unsuccessful at getting even one for each of her grandkids. I have her number now and will probably grant her any extras I come across, though it's honestly looking like Dedede will be the only extra to my name (I want to play with Mega Man and Ike, my g/f wants to play with Sonic and Dedede, but since I got the one Dedede in person that's the only one I could spare).

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I saw the same thing a few months ago. Definitely an odd choice of words. Who knew the Wii Fit Trainer was an amiibo hoarder? :p

Top Bottom