• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just got my Shulk order filled in. He's coming in May. Happiness can go beyond the limits for me now. For those who don't know, you can make a order for Shulk at gamestop right now.

Out of curiousity, has anyone gotten Ike from GameStop yet?
Well then, thanks for the heads up on that Shulk amiibo. I just finished ordering it myself.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Hello!!
I just joined Smashboards about 20 minutes ago, but I'd like to pop in and say I'm an amiibo collector myself.

So far, I've obtained:
:4mario::4link::4fox::4dk::4samus::4zelda::4bowser::4falcon::4villager::4sheik::4shulk::4tlink::4yoshi:

I also have these guys preordered:
:4megaman::4myfriends::4dedede:

...That's...
That's all I have to say.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I grabbed a Sheik amiibo, today, even though I don't play her.

Until now. WOW that speed demon is so satisfying once you get control over her. I really slept on her. Thanks amiibo, for showing me the way!

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I grabbed a Sheik amiibo, today, even though I don't play her.

Until now. WOW that speed demon is so satisfying once you get control over her. I really slept with her. Thanks amiibo, for showing me the way!
wat

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Just one more week for me until I know for sure my Shulk and Rosalina amiibo will be shipped.

Hope it does get here soon after that.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
So...Is it too late to order Shulk for May arrival? Im really hoping i can get home in an hour to do it.

Purio

Smash Cadet
My Pit and Mac have arrived today, finally... Took them long enough. But damn do they look fantastic! Now I just have to try and grab Shulk, Dedede, Megaman, and Sonic. Even if GameStop was taking Shulk preorders for May, I rather pay $30 and grab one on eBay now, rather than wait until May to have my preorder cancelled again.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So...Is it too late to order Shulk for May arrival? Im really hoping i can get home in an hour to do it.
It is for online, but I'd try to call tomorrow at your local gamestop
My Pit and Mac have arrived today, finally... Took them long enough. But damn do they look fantastic! Now I just have to try and grab Shulk, Dedede, Megaman, and Sonic. Even if GameStop was taking Shulk preorders for May, I rather pay $30 and grab one on eBay now, rather than wait until May to have my preorder cancelled again.
Try $50. I don't mind waiting.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
It is for online, but I'd try to call tomorrow at your local gamestop

Try $50. I don't mind waiting.
Wait, call tomorrow at my local gamestop? You mean, i should just go to Gamestop in person and pre-order it there or on the phone? Im definitely gonna go do it in person ASAP.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
The May thing is just a safe bet. It most likely will come late March - early April.

Looking to find a Lucario amiibo, need to pick one up. FE characters are also on my priority list.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Wait, call tomorrow at my local gamestop? You mean, i should just go to Gamestop in person and pre-order it there or on the phone? Im definitely gonna go do it in person ASAP.
In person. That's how I did it.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
In person. That's how I did it.
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the tip. My mom was conveniently by the Gamestop near where she works (i called her immediately after you told me this), and she's heading to pre-order it for May in person right now. Crossing my fingers in hope, i can wait a couple months if i really have to.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the tip. My mom was conveniently by the Gamestop near where she works (i called her immediately after you told me this), and she's heading to pre-order it for May in person right now. Crossing my fingers in hope, i can wait a couple months if i really have to.
No problem. I just hope in your case that they are still pre-orderable since they were taken down from the website. Good luck!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Thinking of grabbing :4sonic: tomorrow. Reasons, can now have a 6 player bout!!!

Still waiting for :4duckhunt:, :4gaw:, and :4rob: amiibo's.

Also, slightly off topic, but does a word corrector change the word amiibo to amigo for anyone else?

EDIT: Replaced to with for

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
No problem. I just hope in your case that they are still pre-orderable since they were taken down from the website. Good luck!
And apparently the cashier at the counter said to my mom that he wasn't available for pre-ordering at this time, not for the May round yet. She checked online multiple times and still nothing bleh. Oh well, i'll definitely try again tomorrow then. If not...I guess i'll buy him on Ebay or something, meh.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
And apparently the cashier at the counter said to my mom that he wasn't available for pre-ordering at this time, not for the May round yet. She checked online multiple times and still nothing bleh. Oh well, i'll definitely try again tomorrow then. If not...I guess i'll buy him on Ebay or something, meh.
Scrolling on eBay when I find the tower of feelings

Stupid Scalpers...!

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Scalpers... They buy 50 amiibos to create a deficit, and force you to pay more than double the price. But, if we boycott them, reducing the demand, they will have to sell it at much more reasonable prices. This will work because they have an excess of amiibos, amiibos that they can't afford to keep for very long. They will be lucky to sell them back at the same price they bought them for.

View attachment 38768
Guess what came in the mail today!!!
Cool! For some reason, your post made my day!

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
My Toys R Us just told me that I am about the 200th person to ask about Wave 3B in the past two days.
They will have:
1 Ike
2 DeDeDe
5 Sonic
8 Mega Man
So just an idea of what your Toys R Us might have! I will be up at 4 AM tomorrow! Good luck guys :174:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We recently(as of last night) ordered a Shulk for 40 plus shipping and handling. I may order Ike online if I don't find him tonight at Wal-Mart. That said, I may do the same for the other exclusives. I generally won't pay over 40(shipping and handling excluded) for any Amiibo. I try to get under 30 for non-exclusives. I mean, they're hard to find, but still, you know? Gotta set a limit.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
:4megaman: Preordered.

I do not play mega man often, but i am a huge fan of the nes games, even conducted my own fan game project a few years back. This one is for the nostalgia

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am confused... does Shulk come out today or in May? Or is May when they sell "used but actually new" Shulk amiibos for higher prices?

Did the stores refuse to sell you Shulk because you didn't preorder it?

My Toys R Us just told me that I am about the 200th person to ask about Wave 3B in the past two days.
They will have:
1 Ike
2 DeDeDe
5 Sonic
8 Mega Man
So just an idea of what your Toys R Us might have! I will be up at 4 AM tomorrow! Good luck guys :174:
The TRU website still doesn't have Wave 3 (except Bowser and Toon Link) listed. What gives?

Last edited:

CArniE

Smash Cadet
NNID
TokioCore
I am confused... does Shulk come out today or in May? Or is May when they sell "used but actually new" Shulk amiibos for higher prices?

The TRU website still doesn't have Wave 3 (except Bowser and Toon Link) listed. What gives?
A lot of the retailers don't have the amiibos listed on their site, I find. Especially in Canada, all the TRU's stores show available are like mario and zelda, don't even think ive seen a majority of the released ones being posted as available.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Even though it's Friday the 13th, I hope I'm lucky today - I'm mainly looking for Shulk, Mega Man, and Sonic, and while I doubt that the EB Games stores in my area will even get Shulk (they don't have a lot of space dedicated to amiibos to begin with), I'd like to think that it will be possible for me to find Sonic and Mega Man.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556

It seems that there is going to be another printing of Shulk later this Spring, resulting in the second wave of preorders that were up for grabs yesterday which will ship in May. The vigilant Amiigos who preordered him back in December are getting their figures around now because they caught wind of the first run of Shulk.

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
SO mad right now. My dad went to a Toys R Us to pick me up a Dedede, but they were sold out of everything other than wave 1 because some idiot manager decided to open 20 minutes early. I am just fuming with frustration.

Mechageo

Smash Ace

How are my Ike's eyes compared to the one everyone else got? Are there many Erks this time around?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
SO mad right now. My dad went to a Toys R Us to pick me up a Dedede, but they were sold out of everything other than wave 1 because some idiot manager decided to open 20 minutes early. I am just fuming with frustration.
That blows. 20 minutes is all it takes? I might not make it cuz I have to go cash my check first cuz frigging they STILL haven't set up my Direct Deposit after 6 months!!!!

Top Bottom