• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm planning to have another custom amiibo. My friend already did Fire Mario and now I have plans for a blue kirby. Why blue? I plan to have an Ice kirby knowing that one of the custom moves is ice breath and I have this thing with snow/ice. Also Ice Kirby vs Fire Mario sounds interesting.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
So with the news that Shulk will be available tomorrow at GameStop, I noticed that the GameStop App no longer has Shulk under my preorders. I'm worried. I hope my GameStop didn't give them out early and not notify me. I'll be making a call.

Update: After calling, they say they'll release Shulk on the 13th. While it's not tomorrow, at least I haven't missed my chance to pick him up yet. Good enough.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
i think i'm too much in love with these amiibo.

(i want all of them! :) )

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got a reply from Amazon.de:

"As I see, my colleague is still researching your case.

For this reason, I am unfortunately not able to give you an update. My colleague is doing her best to find a solution for the matter at hand, as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I can assure you, that we are pursuing this matter and will contact you as soon as possible.

Please use the following link to contact us, should you have not received an answer by12.02.205."

Ugh, more waiting. I just want a Rosalina Amiibo, is that so much to ask for? :\

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
So with the news that Shulk will be available tomorrow at GameStop, I noticed that the GameStop App no longer has Shulk under my preorders. I'm worried. I hope my GameStop didn't give them out early and not notify me. I'll be making a call.

Update: After calling, they say they'll release Shulk on the 13th. While it's not tomorrow, at least I haven't missed my chance to pick him up yet. Good enough.
My local GS is also surprised about tomorrow. I got a text from them saying tomorrow is the day but when I called he was surprised. When I called last week they said the 13th. I would check in tomorrow as well it can't hurt.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I got a text from Gamestop saying my Sheik Amiibo would be in tomorrow, so I called to ask about Shulk. The employee I talked to said she wasn't even sure if anything was coming in tomorrow, but it'd be the afternoon if it did. I'm still a little nervous about the fact that my orders flipped to closed over a week ago online, but the fact that I got the text about Sheik is promising at least.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
My local GS is also surprised about tomorrow. I got a text from them saying tomorrow is the day but when I called he was surprised. When I called last week they said the 13th. I would check in tomorrow as well it can't hurt.
Yeah I'll have a look. I haven't gotten a text yet but I think that's because T-Mobile has automated texts blocked so I probably won't get one.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
So... I named my :4tlink: Makar, after the character from Wind Waker (and btw MAKAR IS SO CUTE) but I had trouble deciding on a name.

Considered Majora, but that doesn't fit Toon Link.
I don't really like Skull Kid too much.
Red Lions sounds weird.
Toon Ravio is lazy, lol.

Still don't really like the name... wah.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just ordered a :4fox: from Gamestop.

They've been up since around 4pm so it seems like they may have a good stock going right now (though I'm still waiting for info about my Ike/Sonic). Best to snag one while you still can.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
So... I named my :4tlink: Makar, after the character from Wind Waker (and btw MAKAR IS SO CUTE) but I had trouble deciding on a name.

Red Lions sounds weird.
Toon Ravio is lazy, lol.

You could name him Tink, or Toon. : 3

Just ordered a :4fox: from Gamestop.

They've been up since around 4pm so it seems like they may have a good stock going right now (though I'm still waiting for info about my Ike/Sonic). Best to snag one while you still can.
...Too bad your in Michigan. DANG IT. I seriously want a Fox.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Red Lions sounds weird.
Toon Ravio is lazy, lol.

Should've named it Toon Zelda.:troll:

D

Deleted member

Oh sweet, Shulk is available tomorrow on the least convenient day for me to be able to pick him up.

At least they texted me the information so I can stop checking the website over and over.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
...Too bad your in Michigan. DANG IT. I seriously want a Fox.
@ spiderfreak1011 spiderfreak1011

Pretty sure, for now at least, it's not region/"find a store" specific. It at least wasn't for me and what I've read on Amiibo Reddit. Checking again myself it shows no stores within 100 miles have it and yet it's still up for purchase.

You should probably try again.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
@ spiderfreak1011 spiderfreak1011

Pretty sure, for now at least, it's not region/"find a store" specific. It at least wasn't for me and what I've read on Amiibo Reddit. Checking again myself it shows no stores within 100 miles have it and yet it's still up for purchase.

You should probably try again.
Got it, i'll check around again i guess. Thanks for the headsup.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
:4sheik: and :4tlink: are in stock at GameStop.com rn if anyone missed them.
Still no sign of :4shulk:though. Hope my GameStop will get some extras aside from Pre-Orders

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
The GS I just got back from told me they have exactly enough Shulks for preorders and nothing more. Same for the Majora's Mask New 3DS, which I'm trying in vain to track down as a Valentine's gift. The GS employee got a little too friendly and confessed he pre-ordered three of them the moment they became available, using insider knowledge to be ready for it. Goes to show you're pretty much hopeless unless you are or are friends with a retailer who deals in games.

It's OK, though... I responded by telling him my story of how I got the Smash Wii U collector's set and the gold coin I wasn't supposed to get with it. That cheesed him off pretty well.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
It's OK, though... I responded by telling him my story of how I got the Smash Wii U collector's set and the gold coin I wasn't supposed to get with it. That cheesed him off pretty well.
Speaking of which, I forget that I have a Smash Coin. Anyone wanna trade a :4wiifit:for it?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I preordered at bestbuy and never picked up there.
My poor smash coin...
and five dollars.

*sigh* i'm a terrible collector.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Was the coin available at other retailers besides Best Buy? I thought that was exclusive to the demo event!

...Oh, right, I keep forgetting to clarify I mean NA.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well now that I have :4link:and:rosalina:, all I need now from the wave 3 line are :4myfriends:,:4megaman:and:4shulk:, which I'm hearing he'll come out this Friday. If that's true, then I better have my damn debit card ready, otherwise...I really won't be feeling it. I already been through hell trying to get my hands on:rosalina:. And I would've gotten :4falcon:and :4littlemac:if they weren't so damn rare already... -_-

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Was very lucky with this. The postman dropped it outside the door, and didn't even attempt to check if anyone was home. If it weren't for the fact I slept in this morning and caught it on my way out to college, it might have been stolen or something.

...Also, Amazon.de sent me an e-mail later saying it was lost, and that they have sent me a refund since it's out of stock, and can't replace it....so...I got a free Rosalina Amiibo?

Also yeah, she's my favourite. I got a perfect copy, and she has a lot of nice details. Looks like she is really there.

----------

Also, you know how I posted that Ike picture the other day? It was for this Little Mac giveaway. I didn't win, but both my entry and my friend's were among the featured ones! Mine is the first entry shown, the second is my friend's. The rest of the entries are awesome!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well now that I have :4link:and:rosalina:, all I need now from the wave 3 line are :4myfriends:,:4megaman:and:4shulk:, which I'm hearing he'll come out this Friday. If that's true, then I better have my damn debit card ready, otherwise...I really won't be feeling it. I already been through hell trying to get my hands on:rosalina:. And I would've gotten :4falcon:and :4littlemac:if they weren't so damn rare already... -_-
Rosalina, Mac, and Capt are the ones I have the most of, 4. Feared not getting any, and Well..,

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
There's the tiniest chance that one of our GS locations might have Sheik and/or Shulk in... that, or their garbage inventory system likes taunting people with pre-ordered stock. Wish me luck. (:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
And screw you automated GameStop calling system. Apparently the Ike and Shulk amiibos I pre-ordered for in-store pickup don't come in till Friday, even though I got a call yesterday telling me they were coming in today. At least the Shulk I pre-ordered for shipping to home came in today (long story short I accidentally made multiple orders and thought I cancelled the extra ones, but they weren't).

There should be another Ike being shipped to my house as well, so basically I'll end up with doubles of both.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Was very lucky with this. The postman dropped it outside the door, and didn't even attempt to check if anyone was home. If it weren't for the fact I slept in this morning and caught it on my way out to college, it might have been stolen or something.

...Also, Amazon.de sent me an e-mail later saying it was lost, and that they have sent me a refund since it's out of stock, and can't replace it....so...I got a free Rosalina Amiibo?

Also yeah, she's my favourite. I got a perfect copy, and she has a lot of nice details. Looks like she is really there.

----------

Also, you know how I posted that Ike picture the other day? It was for this Little Mac giveaway. I didn't win, but both my entry and my friend's were among the featured ones! Mine is the first entry shown, the second is my friend's. The rest of the entries are awesome!

Glad to hear it! With Amazon, you're kind of paying for delivery "within a timely manner," so don't feel bad about accepting the refund.

I've heard stories of packages going missing for weeks or months on end, then magically appearing out of the blue. I'm still holding out hope the same happens with my Pits from amazon.de.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
My TRU EECB update: No phone call as scheduled however the contact I have within TRU is working with the buyer to locate Ike for me. The power of long winded well spoken RANTS is amazing people. However proof is in the pudding let's see if I get Ike. I'm willing to pay but at the same time they wanted to give me $25 which is more than Ike's cost.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Glad to hear it! With Amazon, you're kind of paying for delivery "within a timely manner," so don't feel bad about accepting the refund.

I've heard stories of packages going missing for weeks or months on end, then magically appearing out of the blue. I'm still holding out hope the same happens with my Pits from amazon.de.
Yeah, I don't plan on it. Especially with the way they delivered it. They didn't just safely leave it on the porch, they left it hanging by a thread in the gap between my letter box and the wall at the opposite end of the corner. It's hard to explain without a picture, but it was very insecure where it was and could fall at any second.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
My local store didn't have ****, but Sheik just became available online with GS again, so I managed to snag her there. Here's hoping Cancelgate doesn't end up affecting the uncommons like Sheik as well.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm concerned that searching Walmart.com for "toad amiibo" does not return the listing for the Toad amiibo even though he's still available for preorder. How the heck am I ever going to find Wave 4...

My local store didn't have ****, but Sheik just became available online with GS again, so I managed to snag her there. Here's hoping Cancelgate doesn't end up affecting the uncommons like Sheik as well.
Judging by what I saw at Target on the morning of Rosalina's release, Sheik is rare and Tink is uncommon. I'm judging that based on the 3 Sheiks vs. 5 Toon Links they had in their case.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looking on Reddit this morning Meijer stores about 25-40 minutes around me each had either one or two parts of 3b. But none of the stores 10 minutes from me had anything. >_>

Guess I'll be searching again tomorrow. Traveling 25 minutes to a store I've never been to based on a tip made an hour ago about two copies of Ike isn't worth it.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
To those struggling in finding Ike, Sheik and Toon Link and don't mind importing...

The three are available at £10.00 at Amazon UK.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
Got a text yesterday that Sheik (and hopefully Toon Link, since you only get one text) was available for pickup at my GameStop, and I just used the inventory tracker to see that Shulks are at that GameStop too...I hope one is my preorder...I did Ship To Store back in December when Shulk was online for several days...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just picked up Shulk. Now to decide whether or not to open him. The box takes up so much space on my shelf...

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Just picked up Shulk. Now to decide whether or not to open him. The box takes up so much space on my shelf...
Your choice really. Although if you wanna use him in Smash, you could always do that method of cutting open the back and bottom of the box with a knife so you can scan Shulk through the box.

D

Deleted member

Your choice really. Although if you wanna use him in Smash, you could always do that method of cutting open the back and bottom of the box with a knife so you can scan Shulk through the box.
I always planned to use him with Smash. I probably will open it eventually, but for now, I'll keep him boxed. I won't have time to play Smash for a while anyway.

Top Bottom