• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ambitions as a Plumber; A Mario FAQ

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I watched a match between Eggz and gimpyfish earlier,and Eggz,I must say you make me proud to main Mario.:grin:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I gotta get me a Mario sig. I used to be better with Fox but I guess all the Fox mains kinda made me not want to main him anymore. I still play and pwn as him but Mario is where it's at now. Once I learn to WD with 100% efficiently I'll be able to set up my opponents for mindgames much more easily.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I gotta get me a Mario sig. I used to be better with Fox but I guess all the Fox mains kinda made me not want to main him anymore. I still play and pwn as him but Mario is where it's at now. Once I learn to WD with 100% efficiently I'll be able to set up my opponents for mindgames much more easily.
Good to know more people are seeing the light. ;D

I watched a match between Eggz and gimpyfish earlier,and Eggz,I must say you make me proud to main Mario.:grin:
Annnd you make me proud to be the cool guy that I am. =D

mario-man

Smash Lord
LoooooooooL

Mario Sigs win at life. Especially mine and Eggz's. I've seen some other good ones but ................

mario-man

Smash Lord
Aaarrrggghhh!!! What does that mean Gimpy?!?!?! LoL
You're drivin me crazy.

mario-man

Smash Lord
That's what she said.............
HAHA Not tooooooo funny to me, but it's ok I guess.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to be good, cuz it sucks if my oppinion is worth anything. LoL
You're good at it though, that is, if the point is to try to drive someone insane. LoL

dReAMCloUd - Assault K 40

Smash Apprentice
EGGZ & SILENTWOLF BLOW BIGTIME.
LOL jk, but really who you think is better between you two, eggz?
Also....curious either of you use claw?
Secondly, a question for silentwolf, yo you were doing pivoted neutrals with CF in your tech video right? Just wondering if that's exactly what you were doing. Also, cool shine-turnaround stuff, are those frame perfect? In fact, just in general, are all those shine tricks you did frame perfect? Can't really tell with the horrible frame rate of youtube videos.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
lol "claw" is not a good grip for the controller AT ALL for smash i'm pretty sure you just randomly heard someobdy talking about that dumb grip in halo and thought it was useful in everything, which it certainly is not

Eggz

Smash Hero
EGGZ & SILENTWOLF BLOW BIGTIME.
LOL jk, but really who you think is better between you two, eggz?
Also....curious either of you use claw?
Secondly, a question for silentwolf, yo you were doing pivoted neutrals with CF in your tech video right? Just wondering if that's exactly what you were doing. Also, cool shine-turnaround stuff, are those frame perfect? In fact, just in general, are all those shine tricks you did frame perfect? Can't really tell with the horrible frame rate of youtube videos.
Wrong thread for that, but I'll answer those anyway LOL

Silent Wolf is better. Does better vs other people, and beats me quite often.

Silent Wolf was doing pivoted fadeaway neutrals in his video.

His shine turnaround stuff, and just about everything else is frame perfect.

Smash Apprentice
Either of you use claw?
Also, does wolf use control stick to jump cancel or does he do it the good ol' button way. If with control stick....nice! must have some solid touch.

P.S. Yo wolf and eggz yall should make a sweet *** combo vid............starring wolf.......with the new kanye song, stronger. It'd be a smash hit !!!!

Yo Gimpy i've been around the block alot longer than you may think. I don't mean to spark argument, just saying claw is nothing new to me. If you're dexterous and fast with all fingers in addition to the thumb then it can be useful.....unfortunately most don't have extreme opposable quality in all their fingers like that of the thumb. But yah, in general I agree that claw is nonsense to the common or even higher level gamer. Generally speaking it doesn't seem like tech skill yet outmatches sheer reaction time, maybe in the near future it will.

Also, you still play bowser? Just wondering.

-PM-

Smash Ace
claw is noob... i played claw for 3 years... got *****... went back playing normal and won

what have we learned today... no claw lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
claw is dumb

KLAW on the otherhand
thats where its at

of course i still play bowser what a silly question click my sig and check out muh vids

-PM-

Smash Ace
gimpy your bowser is so much ownage lol

id say id want to play it but... i dont want to get beat by bowser LoL

Tujex

Smash Ace
lol, I'm new at using Mario so I have a couple questions about him...

-How do you wall jump off his third jump?

-Is there a way to prevent the opponent from saving themselves when I hit them with the Fair?

-Can I have some tips on recovering with Mario?

-Who is he strong and weak against?

-What should I learn to do to play him well...any character specific techs or anything liek that?

Eggz

Smash Hero
lol, I'm new at using Mario so I have a couple questions about him...

-How do you wall jump off his third jump?
Hug the wall when you start the up-b, and press away at the very top of the jump. Only works on completely flat surfaces. IE: Yoshis, or the very edge of FD

-Is there a way to prevent the opponent from saving themselves when I hit them with the Fair? No.

-Can I have some tips on recovering with Mario?
Dont use anything you don't have to. Thats the ultimate tip for recovering with mario. Unless its fireballs, the more the merrier with those.

-Who is he strong and weak against?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=83826

-What should I learn to do to play him well...any character specific techs or anything liek that?

auto cancelling, l cancelling, wavedashing, all of the basic techniques.
tencharacterssinceapparantlyquotesdontcount.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Yeah, what's auto canceling??

Tujex, welcome to the Mario Boards. We rule here and everyone else sits off to the side and pouts. Except, MAYBE, the Fox Boards, cuz Mario and Fox = untouchable characters.

Eggz, LoL
tencharacterssinceapparentlyquotesdontcount

Smash Apprentice
gotta love auto-cancel it's like peach's float cancel only it works with many random aerial movies on different characters. I.E. marth's neutral is really simple to auto-cancel just jump....neutral.....fastfall after the second hit comes out

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
For a more erm... clear... explination on autocancelling...

It is basically when a move does not need to be L-cancelled due to it reaching a certain point in the move's frames (towards the end) so that when you land, you get the normal landing lag instead of the attack's. try SHFFing Uair and Bair, doing the move while rising and you'll see what I mean.

This is honestly something I freaking love about Mario, because I'm lazy.

Top Bottom