• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ambitions as a Plumber; A Mario FAQ

Dart!

Smash Master
No...i'm not asking who scorpion master really is. we all know that, i'm saying someone WC player made a post/in a vid they called him josh.

j3ly

Smash Champion
get ahead in % and then lawlessly camp her. i mean never approach. sit there cape cape cape cape cape cape if she wants to needle spam - it sends them back.
CROUCH CANCEL GRAB!!!
CG her as often as you can, learn it in practise mode. utilt between 30-60 is all the combo setups you need

uairs also mess her up badly. finish with dsmash or fsmash
use cape stall (can only do it once) to avoid her slapping you while you edgehog. jump on the stage and punish her lag with a forward smash/bthrow

FH dair her if she just wants to jump and slap. uair -> utilt is nice but good luck landing it without a dair first

Ban DL
Cp FD
strike DL + BF + Yoshis (if u strike 3 stages)

DL lets her camp hard, BF lets her get easy needle camping combos. FoD works in our favour, IMO because it is so small and mario can navigate this stage faster than any other. also the low platforms make it harder for her to camp sometimes.

YS messes with her jump, which is lovely against a campy shiek. FD takes away all of her options lmao. she kills you quick on PS but cant needle camp you as well, so thats deendant on who you are playing

hope this helps

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
It does! and i agree about fountain of dreams. its really good against sheik. i did a lot better.
also
that ****ing drill kick is sooooo good. like ****. drill to uair is such ****

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
So i'm gonna have a vid of my mario up soon. I would like you guys to critique it. the gamer tag i use is LEUM. stands for Leumas. anyway. hope you can help me out

also...i think that the mu thread needs to be updated...

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Scorp uh dorp is actually an illegal Portuguese immigrant. He stands at 6 foot 7 inches, weighs upwards of 300 pounds, and has a voice not unlike that of Peewee Herman.

In unrelated news, I just started playing Mario, and HOW THE **** DO I FINISH COMBOS

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
Scorp uh dorp is actually an illegal Portuguese immigrant. He stands at 6 foot 7 inches, weighs upwards of 300 pounds, and has a voice not unlike that of Peewee Herman.

In unrelated news, I just started playing Mario, and HOW THE **** DO I FINISH COMBOS
fsmash, dsmash, nair, or usmash if you're on yoshi's
try to gimp if possible because it's a mario strongpoint

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Uairs to fsmash the edgegaurd. rapppeeee
btw i suck with doc...like im horrible. my mario is my best char now and when i try out doc i just get pwned...lol is it like that for anyone else?

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
Uairs to fsmash the edgegaurd. rapppeeee
btw i suck with doc...like im horrible. my mario is my best char now and when i try out doc i just get pwned...lol is it like that for anyone else?
YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE A TERRIBLE PLAYER. jk
but srsly once you play mario long enough, doc seems pretty slow. I get used to mario's friction (which is like a dumbed down luigi imo) and with doc it's like you wavedash and he goes half as far as you think he's gonna go. it upsets me.

j3ly

Smash Champion
ur probably playing doc wrong, he is alot campier. he prefers to duck in, duck out, shoot alot of projectiles, and get 2-3/4 hit combos and then duck back out.

also you have to learn how to be gay with bair, its a better offstage setup to marios bair. but sucks for comboing and has very few onstage setups.

doc wants to grind you to 100% and then secure a kill or a gimp. mario is happier to slaughter you to 160% and then Nicholas Kage (ftilt) ur azz off screen. and thats why he is so cool and so much more fun to watch than doc.

suffice to say. docs play style is considerably more gay than marios. but with enough skill mario can be almost as gay, with a major increase in offensive and comboing ability. plus mario has better shield pressure cos of slightly faster aerials and dairs floor hitbox. and he is faster, which is good considering how floaties have to bait people sometimes when they are in shield

mario is better.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I have to agree with a lot of that. actually i dont like doc bcuz his fsmash has zero range and his uair doesnt do **** and his drill doesnt do **** and eh. no range.

voorhese

Smash Master
i like it while im approaching, if i feel like im about to be punish ill CC the dash, into a sh-uair while retreating, i can actually hit the shield and autcancel into a fsmash if they try to grab me out of the uair =)

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
yeah i think we need a mod because some of the title of the threads need to be changed. I wonder if they would let me be a back roomer for mario in melee. But a Mod is needed

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I actually dont know what we were talking about in this thread so lets come up with something new to talk about that involves mario somehow

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
young link
no joke
mario has little way to get around the projectiles and link is just slow enough that I can get some approaches in, but Young Link is ****in fast

u?

Top Bottom