• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Amazing Toon Link Combo]

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
Link: http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160845

Go down to the #7 Post and watch the short video. The second kill was totally amazing against Lucas, I find it hard enough knocking someone out even when they are at a high percentage :laugh: But ye thats a good reason till why some of us play as Toon Link. :embarrass
I've got a while before i'll be able to pull of those moves.

Baron von Evil

Smash Rookie
That second one was a very well performed Ken Combo with Tink <3

I've managed to do it once or twice against my brother, it really bugs him =P Tink's Dair is lethal.

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
Ye but when you try to land it in the air off the edge and miss then ye xD you need to have pretty good timing. Its pretty much impossible to get back up aswell once you've been Dair'ed by Toon Link.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Most good Toon Link's can land a decent Kizzu combo.

It's just a shame it's so **** suicidal, you literally have to throw it out of nowhere otherwise they'll airdodge it.

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
Ye you'll proberly have to short hop over the edge so it gets landed quicker with a higher success, I guess if you jump too high or too late its over and they'll recover easily most likely. :(

BbqCombo

Smash Apprentice
Wow that was an amazing kill against lucas :D Also, is ur picture a maplestory char? o-o"

stratele

Smash Apprentice
I use this ALOT

its fast, and they normally dont expect it. Ive done it quite a bit now so I rarely miss, but when you do you like such an idiot!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Nothing really new or special, everyone tries to do that.

Takoboushi

Smash Rookie
It's tough to time it properly. That guy probably kills himself several times for every time he gets it right. Unless he's really well practiced. I guess its a trick thats worth mastering.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The main problem with a combo like that is it only works if your opponent either sucks or has an aneurysm in the middle of the match.

(exaggerated for comic effect)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Uh, it can work even if your opponent doesn't suck... As long as you have the element of surprise :D
Except most people think that if you're high up/above them, a Dair is to pursue anyway. One airdodge, you die, blah.

Especially offstage since they've all seen the Kizzu Combo. <_<

It sometimes works, but I don't recommend you trying it for realz.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Uh, it can work even if your opponent doesn't suck... As long as you have the element of surprise :D
No one can really be surprised by a bairx4 -> dair "combo." It's bread and butter. That means that most of your opponents will try to DI away, midair and airdodge, so that you can't pull this off. It's a fun thing to keep in mind if your opponent messes up, but it's not a combo, and it's incredibly risky.

IDK

Smash Lord
bairs are dangerous. especially when they RAR. when they are daired then they are even scarier.

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
Mmm once you miss your dair you'll die, you'll be too far down to recover xD, theres another sweet combo I found, short hop and chain shot and that step was repeated till they got pushed off only by a small distance and then dair'ed, looked pretty hard to do.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Why would you try that when you can do more safe moves like:

- Shorthop Hookshot to Nair
- or shorthop Hookshot to Fsmash at low percents (use this once so you can save Fsmash for a kill at later percents when you truly need it).
- or Pull bomb, shorthop airdodge, cancel the airdodge with Hookshot, throw bomb as you land, then run up and Usmash?

Incredibly risky to do a "Ken" Combo like in the video. It's sexy, mm, yeah I 'll admit that, but not safe.

I personally like my loser set-ups that I mentioned up there. Safer and does good damage. ^^

Also, everyone knows that SH Hookshot to dashgrab works kinda well, yeah?

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
Ye I like to play safe but i've only had the game for around a 2 weeks so sooner or later I will learn those moves and will be able to land them with a high success rate hopefully, but i'm still doing pretty decent so far.

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
like what a lot of people have alreaady hinted at, consistency with that one is tough...if you get the opportunity to do it once in a match it is unlikely that youre able to do it again as the element of surprise is not there...its pretty to watch, and you cant help pat yourself on the shoulder if you pull it off, but the more experienced the opponent, the harder it is to execute without falling to your doom

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
GREAT combo, the fact that it was in the air made Lucas totally helpless, and ending with the Down A, my favorite move of toon link's, was just amazing.

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
If i ever did that in a match, i think i'd just stare into space gobsmacked and forget that i was even playing.

Very very nice combo.

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
Good players, players who probably already know this and probably wouldn't even let you get them off stage with that sort of combo, you can get out of it with DI, or just simply air dodging. Some players are so good at that the move is not worth it at all.

Top Bottom