• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aman13's sig shop! Closed perminently

A_man13

Smash Master
I'm really starting to think about closing the shop. It's not that I don't like the apreciation and making sigs, I just feel like I'm not putting enough effort into the shop. I'm having a hard time keeping up with requests and my sigs of late have been really below quality. I know you guys will tell me not to, but I feel a lot more people can do so much better than I could ever do. I'm letting requests age till their ancient, I never put out different stuff, and of late I'm really begining to dread sig work. I know so many people want sigs, but I know other shops are capable and more willing than I am now. If it does happen (which is slim, but stedily growing bigger), it won't be for a while. I'm just woried that I'm not pulling all of my weight in the shop like I should.

A_man13

Smash Master
Nothings happening just yet. I've just been getting these feelings a lot lately. If I do ever close (which is a slim chance), every request that I have will be done. I'm not closing yet, so no reason to be worried now.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Hi nice sigs m8...id love a sig 2 if possible...almost all i want is included in this page except the render

So lets sum it up:

-Signature
-Render: http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-17903 (ull prolly need to cut a part so plz keep the blades and cut the wings above the horns if needed)
-Style: Like the one you made for Kraven (The one with lucario but with green color instead of blue)
-Font Style: The name (Oceanic--Ice) like the sprayed "aman" (The one with Ness next to it) but instead of showing the backround inside the letters i prefer this coloring http://i.pbase.com/u16/david_hofmann/upload/39072521.green_flames.jpg and under it with this colour (Dark Green) in this font style (Century Gothic)
"You are not prepared..."

Soz if it looks too much xD.... I provided my imagination of the sig in detailed text

Good luck m8...i hope u dont freak when u see all this and also i hope that it is not as hard for u as it looks like

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
DUDE!! lol what part of closed to new requests do you not understand?
Oops soz...ive read the first few pages and then moved to the last to post without checking all the posts :p i apologize again...ill check this more often to see when it opens up again...besides im still too low ranked to post pictures at my sig....btw wat rank do i need to do so and how many posts do i need to reach it?

EDIT: i did read the post...omg a man do u seriously believe that? ur pics are awsome!!! and i hope that u meant the part "Im not putting enough effort" because if these are results of low effort id love to see ur best ones.. soz again for posting without reading...i hope u start again soon :p

AlmightyJeebus

Smash Lord
you don't need a certain rank, you just need to have been here for a week or so, like you, you can post pictures i think

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
you don't need a certain rank, you just need to have been here for a week or so, like you, you can post pictures i think
ill try one right away

EDIT: Wont work
How do u post them? i cannot copy paste them nor insert them from "insert image" button

Good seems that it worked...only prob though is that i can only post pics from the net.....cant i post one from a folder in my pc?

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
I think i got it right now...i hope my sig shows this time
EDIT: Well i cant see it ...can u guys?
SECOND EDIT: K now it works fine...i can see it (if u can see it too it means that u know y i am posting in here and y i want a man to make me a sig xd) this one is prolly the worst uve seen....i made it earlier today

Shazy93

Smash Apprentice
aman ur sigs r great! alot better since i got mine from u. and u cant leave, if u do, then im goin to have 2 find a new sig shop to drop by every now and then. geez, first naybewon, now u. wats up with dat?

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
OMG, does it not say that the shop is closed currently in teh title? Did you read a post on this page by fezzy addressing the same thing? Anyways, nice render.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
KK but might i at least know which programme he uses for the sigs? (the non-animated) Propably adobe photoshop?

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Some of his are done on GIMP (AKA Free photoshop) And some are done on Photoshop.
ty for help...i might try to make some myself until he gets open again...who knows if i like it and make some good ones i could make my shop...dont think i would have much time for it though

Roller

Smash Legend
ty for help...i might try to make some myself until he gets open again...who knows if i like it and make some good ones i could make my shop...dont think i would have much time for it though
If you don't think you have enough time for one all by yourself you could always join the allstars House o' sigs, we have multiple shop owners and are accepting more.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
If you don't think you have enough time for one all by yourself you could always join the allstars House o' sigs, we have multiple shop owners and are accepting more.
Ty ill have it in mind...btw im downloading adobe photoshop CS2 9.0...the latest one i could find for free...do u know any site to get CS3 10.0?

A_man13

Smash Master
After thoughtfull consideration, I'm going to close down for a bit. I just feel that I may want to focus on brawl and developing my talents for a bit instead of running a shop. This may sound grim, but think of what this will yeild for everyone; higher quality sigs, a bit more focused shop, and I won't have as much stuff preventing sig work. I will still take some requests via PM, but depending on how many people do so I may just limit this to roadies/ should be roadies.

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
Ouch, man...sorry to hear about that. I'll try to get my sig made elsewhere, just to give you a little more time, if that is not too much trouble. But good luck to you, man.....hope everything goes well.

A_man13

Smash Master
Don't worry, there are plenty of good shops out there. I know you will get a kick butt sig no matter where you go. I'm very sad to quit, but I need the time off. Everyone is sugesting it and I know I need it.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
Good luck getting yourself together, A man! Your shop was awesome and gave me my first sig, hopefully you can open again! *does 21 shot salute* Hopefully you'll still be on the boards and we could brawl sometime...

Sundance

A_man13

Smash Master
This aint a farewell, you guys. I'll still be around the emporium, smashboards, and the hangout hut.

Anyways, thanks for the warm bon voyage. It'll probably be a while till I post some new stuff, but PM me and I can show you guys some of my collection.

Wow, so much freedom and no way to spend it. I can't find any tuts to do.

A_man13

Smash Master
Don't worry, I'll reopen in a bit. I just need to find some inspiration for sigs and start improving. Anyone have a good tut that I could try? Anyone want to brawl in a bit?

Top Bottom