• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I doing shieldbreaker wrong?

Gokuzz

Smash Cadet
when i just press b and the person shields, there shield goes to like 10% left. how do i fully break it?

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
well u have to hold it all the way but don't a better way is give them shield pressure and than tap b than there shield will break and when they are unconscious punish them with full power b

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I find D-tilt along with DB very effective.

For further notice, I feel this could have been in "ask a question" thread.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Yeah Nibbity good job, you pointed them in the right direction. I hope these threads aren't the signs of another noob storm that's about to come.

Oh wait it already has, **** hurricane Ike. XD

3mbl3m l0rd

Smash Rookie
Ok. Here is my advice. Dancing Blade shield pressure to shieldbreaker. Don't overuse it though or your opponent will punish. ;)

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
just wait til they've been shielding, or shield pressure them with some fairs so they have to shield and blcok then just pull out the B when you're sure they'll shield.

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
I was in an item match with my family the other day (becase competitive smash all the time is boring) I tapped a shieldbreaker on DDD and then one of my pokemon broke it afterwards. Fully charged shieldbreaker 60% KO off the side ftw.

But yea, whack their shields a couple of times, 1 tippered hit + 1 tapped shield breaker + normal wear and tear from holding shield = broken. Or if they time their shields, 2-3 tippers and then shield breaker works too.

Or, if their shield doesn't break and is just reduced, dare them to keep blocking with a second one. I've found that they usually don't shield much after their shield is almost destroyed, if i remind them i can still break it if they're not careful. not breaking their shield is not necessarily a bad thing, because you can deter them from shielding at all for a short period, make the shield worthless because it's too small to block anything, or break it at a later time.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
yeah, if their shield doesn't break you basically have the upper hand considering how **** forward b combo is, they can't really get out of it considering if they hold shield throughout the forward b combo, their shield will break so they have to get hit :]

Top Bottom