• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alright, so a CPU figured out a way to EASILY gimp Snakes C4 recovery...

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
So, not sure if this is old, but anyway...

I was messing around with a level 9 rob just now, he knocked me off the stage i did my recovery, he gimped it, so i was forced to use a C4 recovery, but next thing I knew, ROB jumped off the cliff, and FORCED me to STICKY the C4 on HIM, and I fell to my death while in shock, he airdodged so the C4 didn't hurt him! He then jumped back on and taunted

Again, if this is old, don't flame me, but I was really,really suprised that he did this, and a CPU did it! That's what shocked me. So, is this a good way too gimp Snake's supposedly "awesome" recovery? It's the best so far, IMO.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
LOL. I would think that would be hard though, since characters with good recovery could be the only ones to do that. They also have to time it right.

Anyways, I find it funny that a CPU would know what you are doing. It shows that the developers know that you could use the C4 to help Snake recover. Why don't LV9 Snakes do it though?

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
LOL. I would think that would be hard though, since characters with good recovery could be the only ones to do that. They also have to time it right.

Anyways, I find it funny that a CPU would know what you are doing. It shows that the developers know that you could use the C4 to help Snake recover. Why don't LV9 Snakes do it though?
Yeah I don't get why they don't, but Level 9 Snakes I consider to be the worst of the bunch, too easy.

But I also tried this with a LEVEL 3 IKE. he did it too. He didn't attack or anything, here's how it went

*Ike is edgeguarding*

*I use C4*

*Ike casually jumps off, I stick him*

*Ike casually double jumps back on*

*I die, C4 disapears*

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
It is the same reason that Sonic's don't use the SJC.
The programmers didn't think the computer would be able to implement it effectively.
Well, think about it. If the programmers did implement it, the Cpu would abuse it like marios cape, or Luigi's down B, and the CPU would kill itself more often then recover I would think...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i think you just won the snake boards, if not, ALL of SWF.

my name is KID and I approve this thread,

epic win

Tenki

Smash Hero
It is the same reason that Sonic's don't use the SJC.
The programmers didn't think the computer would be able to implement it effectively.
SJC or Spinshot? :p

Yeah I don't get why they don't, but Level 9 Snakes I consider to be the worst of the bunch, too easy.

But I also tried this with a LEVEL 3 IKE. he did it too. He didn't attack or anything, here's how it went

*Ike is edgeguarding*

*I use C4*

*Ike casually jumps off, I stick him*

*Ike casually double jumps back on*

*I die, C4 disapears*
lol that's kinda sad.

Well, let's think of it from the Snake standpoint, what can you do about it?

N-air: fall to your death
D-air: fall to your death
F-air: too slow to meteor, but the chance is there- fall to your death
B-air: might not reach opponent; if you're not high enough, 2nd C4 will not explode in time and you'll fall to your death
U-air: See B-air.

Wow. I'm sorry. lol

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Snake could probably counter this by doing a down-B reversal if his opponent is trying to get stickied.

Http

Smash Cadet
Snake could probably counter this by doing a down-B reversal if his opponent is trying to get stickied.
True, but if you're in the situation to have to use C4 recovery, would there even be enough time to go through all of these steps without somebody (most likely the Snake) dying? I mean generally the window of time for all of these things isn't very large.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
wtf! why would u post this. lol were supose to build snake not take away from his epicness. lol jk

that is too good tho. and im glad pple are fighting cpus to find things out because everyone i know would say dont even fight the cpus.

timing is a little hard and only chars with mulitple jumps/ crazy up+bs would be able to do this

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
LOLLL i can imagine dude. id be freaked out that the almighty ROB is watching u.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
Computers are getting better and better, I'm afraid.

One small step for ROB, one giant leap for AIkind. *Shivers*

Beware of your Wii turning on you from now on is all I can say.

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
Just wait until they jump back up, then do it when they jump back up.

Unless your a ridiculous recovery character

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
This is new? I have done this before. You dont even need that great recovery if the Snake doesn't see it coming. All you need is a double jump.

Jump down to him, get stickied, double jump away, he'll detonate it, and you recover.

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
Pure Ownage. Thread of the day, and competitor for thread of the week. The idea of a computer ROB doing that to someone for the first time is just priceless.

Doyoudigworms

Smash Cadet
I also had a similar experience with the CPU, as if he foresaw or simply adapted to my play style. I would pull out a grenade and shield so that when the cpu would attack the grenade would blow up and harm them while shielding. The CPU would dash towards me and stop, not attack or try to throw me wait for the grenade to drop and continue fighting. I thought this was a random occurrence, but a Wolf did this numerous times in the single battle.

Regardless, I think the developers really outdone themselves with the AI in this game.

Ph03n!x-Br

Smash Cadet
I can imagine the scene.

*gets knocked out the stage with Snake*
*fails to recover*
*start to C4 recover*
*gets gimped by a CPU ROB*
*turns the wii off and stares at it*

"Omfg ROB is a Snake COUNTER!!"

*goes to training mode, wantz to main ROB*
*realizes that countering Snake "is illegal you know."*

:lick:

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Someone really needs to get a video of this? Certainly it is humorous to think about what happened to you.

The computers are pretty odd in this game. I could have sworn I have seen a few pikachu CPU's use QAC.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
SJC or Spinshot? :p

lol that's kinda sad.

Well, let's think of it from the Snake standpoint, what can you do about it?

N-air: fall to your death
D-air: fall to your death
F-air: too slow to meteor, but the chance is there- fall to your death
B-air: might not reach opponent; if you're not high enough, 2nd C4 will not explode in time and you'll fall to your death
U-air: See B-air.

Wow. I'm sorry. lol
Both Tenki.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
True, but if you're in the situation to have to use C4 recovery, would there even be enough time to go through all of these steps without somebody (most likely the Snake) dying? I mean generally the window of time for all of these things isn't very large.
If you set the c stick to special you have time.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Sticky the C4, then shake it off. Epic is not even the word that can describe that. Imagine doing that in a tournament final...

I am sooooooo doing that.

Top Bottom