• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

almost the 5th East Coast Canada Power Rankings -- updated around april

D

Deleted member

The same as you Max, ahaha. You think I'll ever forget the night I almost died on a Montreal freeway in your car? Lol.....no

If you think my earlier posts were crying you should come to our tournaments, **** gets emotional

Also Bernard, I'm not taking Noah off yet.

Damax

Smash Lord
The same as you Max, ahaha. You think I'll ever forget the night I almost died on a Montreal freeway in your car? Lol.....no

If you think my earlier posts were crying you should come to our tournaments, **** gets emotional
almost died? silly T.O. peeps. that was my normal cruising speed. I love driving and I haven't got any accident yet which involved a BAD move from me, even drove drunk a couple of time. You would never had survived a quebecer's life. too many people that almost die every day on freeway loll(isn't it supposed to be highway?)

yeah, that feels like crying. However all I can remember is how good sarcasm is on the internet. maybe you should avoid that. its really funny... not

<3 del

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
lol it's alright, you gave me one good tipper during winners brackets, but I lost a lot less stocks then you =P

I wouldn't mind giving you 3rd. You're better than me anyway, and it has shown in the past tournaments. We beat each other every other tournament, so it's hard to say. I think someone said we should wait for next tournament. We could change it now or after.

yeah I guess
That's the kind of thoughts that doesn't really back up the PR. I have major respect for you as a player Reggie, and I don't think I am better than yourself, tournament placings are still in your favor, if we consider since we've started playing. It still means something to me.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
almost died? silly T.O. peeps. that was my normal cruising speed.

Hey, hey. Let's not generalize now. You know **** well that you had my full approval when you were weaving in and out of gigantic trucks at 160km/h. Keep up the top-tier driving work.

As for the PR, you can take me off. I'm taking a break from smash for a little while. It got too serious somewhere along the way. I'd be happy to come to one of your fancy-*** Montreal tournies in the future when I have a job and all, just to have a good time. Until then, count me out of this PR mumbo jumbo.

Good luck to all of you.

Damax

Smash Lord
Hey, hey. Let's not generalize now. You know **** well that you had my full approval when you were weaving in and out of gigantic trucks at 160km/h. Keep up the top-tier driving work.

As for the PR, you can take me off. I'm taking a break from smash for a little while. It got too serious somewhere along the way. I'd be happy to come to one of your fancy-*** Montreal tournies in the future when I have a job and all, just to have a good time. Until then, count me out of this PR mumbo jumbo.

Good luck to all of you.
wait we can't loose you! now Canada won't be rep on the ginger player PR :p

yeah I know you were approving, but andy didn't if I remember right (which hardly ever happens), so 2 out of 3 seems like a conspiracy to me :'(

Vwins

Smash Ace
I would make some change on the PR but chester is always offline -_-
Thatguy PR is interesting but I need to get in touch with chester first and then we will study possible changes.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
wait we can't loose you! now Canada won't be rep on the ginger player PR :p

yeah I know you were approving, but andy didn't if I remember right (which hardly ever happens), so 2 out of 3 seems like a conspiracy to me :'(
Nah, I don't think Andy said anything. Jake was *****ing so much it sounded like two people.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's the kind of thoughts that doesn't really back up the PR. I have major respect for you as a player Reggie, and I don't think I am better than yourself, tournament placings are still in your favor, if we consider since we've started playing. It still means something to me.
Tournament placings? mmm.. I would have to disagree.. I would say the last 4 tournaments you guys are about even.. like 2 tournaments Chet did Better than PKM and 2 other tournaments PKM did better than Chet (TCT, FCD, OC, SFF2)... so one more tournament should state who would take 3rd or 4th..

Damax

Smash Lord
Tournament placings? mmm.. I would have to disagree.. I would say the last 4 tournaments you guys are about even.. like 2 tournaments Chet did Better than PKM and 2 other tournaments PKM did better than Chet (TCT, FCD, OC, SFF2)... so one more tournament should state who would take 3rd or 4th..
wow they are even up to now and a single tournament would cut it out? and then the 6th one will be dominated by the other so we will say like zomgwtfbbq.

Andy: 100km/h? I must be even more pro than I think to create that illusion.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Out of states tournament don't count as much. At FCD, he actually made it into brackets, while I did not. OC was much easier, because only one round of pool took place, so anything besides top 4 or so doesn't mean much. I had an easy pool, and got a bye with an easier bracket, while chester had to fight numerous other good players.

Also he has always been in the top 3 except for 2 times in regional tournaments. While on the other hand, I have placed substantially worse than him.

As for our record when we actually played in tournaments, he also has the upper hand considering the recent tournaments. The last time I beat him was at ToS2, that doesn't hold enough merit anymore, considering he beat me at STYD2 and TCT, pretty badly I must say too.

EDIT

I was bored and calculated every tournaments (19) chester and myself have participated in. My conclusion : He has done much better. He beat me 6 times, while I only beat him 3 times. We didn't play in 10 others; in which chester has done better 6 times. His worst placing in a Canada tournament so far has been 5th, and only twice, other than that, my claim that he has been top 3 in every tournaments still holds.

Too good

Fogel

Smash Lord
that was the joke, its called ironie and I don't ****ing care if you can't translate it in english :p
ironie -> irony in english, nice and quick translation :)

Also, @NNR: Just because you guys placed higher than Jarc at one tourney doesn't automatically mean you're going on the rankings above him. To be perfectly honest, I think all of the Ottawa and Montreal 'lower' PRers stand a very good chance against you guys, and there are other people not on the PR who you should be watching out for too. Feel free to beat them at tourneys and prove me wrong though! :)

EDIT: I've thought about it, and I'm getting tired of having the same old argument with you guys every 3 months. Jake and Bernard, I'd like to see what your versions of the PR would be, with reasoning for any changes. Posts like ThatGuy's are good, with a revised list and some reasons for changes. This kind of post allows others to debate the changes, and provide the panelists with extra insight. Posts which just say "I should be on the PR!!!!/My crewmate should be on the PR!!!!" are useless and I think all of us are sick of seeing them. Don't expect to be taken seriously unless you have some good arguments.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Cameron, with all due respect I was the one to mention that RaynEX should be on PR (God, I'm so used to putting first names instead of usernames) DeL and Breadx didn't say anything. I personally think that he should be up since I know DeL and Breadx have asked to be put off and you guys still have them on it. Not to mention he's beat DeL 2 consecutive tournaments now and beat Noah + the #4 guy (he had the hardest possible bracket in the tournament). I think he should be above those 2 + Dice and Rimi (from my understanding, their more inactive in the scene then Toronto is with coming up and playing in Montreal tournaments).

So yeah that's just the way it looks like right now, if you personally ask me where you should put him, I say 11th or 12th spot. Jarc (your too awesome and humble) even agrees that he should be ahead anyway.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Cameron, with all due respect I was the one to mention that RaynEX should be on PR (God, I'm so used to putting first names instead of usernames) DeL and Breadx didn't say anything. I personally think that he should be up since I know DeL and Breadx have asked to be put off and you guys still have them on it. Not to mention he's beat DeL 2 consecutive tournaments now and beat Noah + the #4 guy (he had the hardest possible bracket in the tournament). I think he should be above those 2 + Dice and Rimi (from my understanding, their more inactive in the scene then Toronto is with coming up and playing in Montreal tournaments).

So yeah that's just the way it looks like right now, if you personally ask me where you should put him, I say 11th or 12th spot. Jarc (your too awesome and humble) even agrees that he should be ahead anyway.
Jake and Bernard did post after you, actually. Thanks for actually having a logical explanation though, the rest of them usually don't bother trying to explain why :) I could be mistaken but I think most of us panelists don't bother following the biweekly results (I know I don't) so it's good to have this info. But, be aware that Dice + Rimi will probably be playing at ToS4 (if it happens) and at SFF3 so don't count them out just yet! If Bernard really wants on, his best bet is to go to one (or both) of these and beat some people on the PR in a tourney match.

Dice

Smash Lord
Everyone should play CvS2 until brawl comes out! And toronto guys, come to ToS4 if it happens, haven't seen/played you guys since like, STYD2 i think?

WarranThad

Smash Ace
divinokage with a great insightful post once again.
dice we need to play cvs2 so you can crush my scrub k 1cammy/2blanka/1sagatorkenornakororu(butmostly sagat)

or we can just play 3s again, i got better.

but im still *** on stick =/.

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
you should have used the word $hit on a stick then you woulda had a double meaning (pun??. play on words??) Cause your both bad at using a stick and your like crap on a stick to! YAAAAAAAAAAAY

and n!gga i aint inactive theres just no **** near me that i can attend. Its like telling rocky hes inactive when hes got his black a$$ every night in the gym practicing (yes rocky is black from my perspective).

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Warren: me you & Chet on 3s! Liek tranz. Good times.

Fogel: I swear I said somewhere in my posts to "discuss it amongst yourselves". I never BLATENTLY requested to be put on the PR. Quit being such an a$$. We have a PR in T.O too, and I know how this sh*t works.

You don't just randomly pop up on a PR after asking to be on it, and I know that. So please, stop insulting my intelligence. You keep lecturing toronto smashers like they're little babies, new into the scene. "Give explanations, you're not going to appear on the PR if you just ask to be on it".

I just want to slap you in the face numerous times and yell "I ****ING KNOW". Thats why I didn't say:

"Put me #__ on the PR because I'm better than ___." I was planning on coming to the next tourny to prove my stuff once again anyways.

As for proof, if you still want it: I beat Jarc in a tourny set, I ALMOST beat Chet in a tourny set (2-1 for him). Beat Bam a couple of times (but not in tourny). Got owned by vwins. >_>

I'm not saying I should be on it because of one performance at Starfurry - I just said consider it. & Of course I'm coming to the next one.

Ambrose is driving me. :laugh:

Divinokage: See Fogel section.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
The same ambrose that was supposed to drive toronto people like 2 or 3 times and just vanished? XD

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
I can't tell what # you should be Raynex but you do deserve a spot on the PR.
Just follow the techchase.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
put raynex on the pr, that way there'll be a 2nd person the pr that i've beaten in a tourney match

:>.

Top Bottom