• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

almost the 5th East Coast Canada Power Rankings -- updated around april

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Bread, you didn't beat anyone higher than you back at trans-can. You didn't come to ToS3 either, so tell us, how are we supposed to correctly place you?

It's so easy to whine about the PR, but at least back up what you say. Tournament placing doesn't mean jack**** if you don't beat anyone to get 9th.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Well to be fair, Noah beat Jih at Trans-can, who is ranked 10th on the current PR... but he didn't beat any1 else though and he missed ToS3. So yea he should be higher than Jih at least... if Jih is still in there lol.

It was already said that if you missed tournaments, you would drop a few spots. And you guys live far from us... so it's guaranteed that you're going to drop down in the rankings. It's unfair but that's how it is.

You guys already made your own PR, so you could just leave now... really you dont need to be on 2 different PRs.

IMO... TO cares WAY too much. I've noticed this by looking at your PR thread, plenty of whining in there. Don't start to hate and say stuff like ''zomg this is turning into Montreal PR''... it's simply because Montreal did better.

Like pkm said back up what you say... your number 3 guy (Raynex) lost to an unranked Montreal guy at TCT...

Dice

Smash Lord
My predictions for new power ranking:

1st Vwins
2nd Bam
3rd Chet
4th Pkm
5-15th - Doesn't matter because the top 4 are almost untouchable by anyone else in EC Canada :)

D

Deleted member

Vwins - even if the placings arent final we'd still rather you just take TO off and make it the MTL PR like it should be

Everyone else who made a decent point - stfu!!! :)

so yes, please take off all of TO on the EC PR

(RayneX, Divine Knight, myself, Bread)

We aren't arguing here, we'd just like to be removed, it will better the EC MTL PR for the better. Please do this without posting lots of dumb merde

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vwins - even if the placings arent final we'd still rather you just take TO off and make it the MTL PR like it should be

We aren't arguing here, we'd just like to be removed, it will better the EC MTL PR for the better. Please do this without posting lots of dumb merde
I think Bernard may have some potential, does he really share your views?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well to be fair, Noah beat Jih at Trans-can, who is ranked 10th on the current PR... but he didn't beat any1 else though and he missed ToS3. So yea he should be higher than Jih at least... if Jih is still in there lol.

It was already said that if you missed tournaments, you would drop a few spots. And you guys live far from us... so it's guaranteed that you're going to drop down in the rankings. It's unfair but that's how it is.

You guys already made your own PR, so you could just leave now... really you dont need to be on 2 different PRs.

IMO... TO cares WAY too much. I've noticed this by looking at your PR thread, plenty of whining in there. Don't start to hate and say stuff like ''zomg this is turning into Montreal PR''... it's simply because Montreal did better.

Like pkm said back up what you say... your number 3 guy (Raynex) lost to an unranked Montreal guy at TCT...
That's not how it works if Noah beat Jih.. it doesn't mean he will be higher than Jih right away. Because possibly Jih beat some other strong people.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
That's not how it works if Noah beat Jih.. it doesn't mean he will be higher than Jih right away. Because possibly Jih beat some other strong people.
Jih didn't... Also written in first post is:

''The next tournaments will be highly influencial on the bottom 5 spots. Same goes to the people that were considered after 15th, let's just say the discussion was high in colors.''

So basically, if we take a look at TCT...

Jih must drop below Noah
Damax over Noah and Jarc
Jarc stays over Noah simply because they didn't play each other (so Jarc's former ranking over Noah is the tiebreaker)

Before:

10. Jih
11. Jarc
12. Noah

After:

- Damax (back in PR)
- Jarc
- Noah
- Jih

^^that's the most logical order for these 4...

Newayz, TO wants out so let them out... I would like to know more about that beta PR list that got Noah so mad...

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
They do reflect the opinion of all those that were/are on the pr though, and those of the best from toronto. So as far as this is concerned, I'd say they do.
YOU dont agree, but dont try and talk for everyone else.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
They do reflect the opinion of all those that were/are on the pr though, and those of the best from toronto. So therefor, I'd say they do.
Well, their time is over then. Enough talking as your buddies say.

They are moving over, so let the other people who may want to be on it like Imadh. I don't want you guys to drag him down with the rest of you.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
My god Andy, when did you become such a douche? Like honestly, I used to think you were a good guy. I think it's safe to say I was wrong. Stop being so **** bitter, this is none of our business, even if you are a panelist. This has already been settled and you're doing nothing but trying to get us into an argument. In other words: shut your arrogant, stupid face.

BigRick: I'm really not all that angry. I'm more fed up. I think I've been bumped from 12th to 16th if what Jake told me was true. Anyway, it's just too much hassle for me to travel to and from Montreal all the time, so I'd just like to be left off it if missing a single tourny now and again means losing 4 spots on the PR. Thanks for backing me up, but I'm happy with just being on the GTA PR for now, it's more managable for me and my crew.

And I'm not discouraging any other Toronto smashers from trying to get on this PR. If you want to, and you have the time, dedication and money for it then why not?

Now can we just be dropped from the list so everyone can move on?

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Like I say to vwins all the time, it's just impossible to do a well-balanced PR for everyone. While I understand that you guys can't always travel to tourneys, don't make it sound like we are biased and we just want a top 15 from Montreal. That is just bull****. There is a reason why Montreal has so many people on the PR, that take as you will.

Just to clarify things, the newest PR we came up with was top 15. Jih wasn't even on it, and bread was 15th. That's the most we can do, deal with it.

By the way Noah, why the **** are you jumping on Lanowen? His comment meant absolutely no harm to anything you said. As far as i'm concerned, he IS from the GTA, so if his oppinion varies form yours, then his comment his totally valuable.

From the start, Both you (Noah) and Jake were always on our cases. But tell us, how are we supposed to rank Jake accordingly, when he didn't even participated in singles back then at TCT. Really, tell us.

We try to keep the list balanced with the tournament results we have, and I think we do a fine job. The only case that isn't totally prooved yet being Kage, but we all know he ***** you guys faces.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
By the way Noah, why the **** are you jumping on Lanowen? His comment meant absolutely no harm to anything you said. As far as i'm concerned, he IS from the GTA, so if his oppinion varies form yours, then his comment his totally valuable.
Lanowen has been quite an *** hole in the community lately, something you guys wouldn't know about. His comments in this thread are only a small slice of what his attitude has been like lately.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lanowen has been quite an *** hole in the community lately, something you guys wouldn't know about. His comments in this thread are only a small slice of what his attitude has been like lately.
I didn't really want to post much more about this, but as it seems NNR hates me, I would like to address it if I may.

I have nothing against NNR as a whole. You may have or have not noticed Jake sometimes says some stupid stuff. I really just don't want him to get away with his **** anymore rather than just sitting here.

I dunno if you guys really deep down agree with everything he says or what, but I don't really care. You guys seem to think you are the only people in the GTA (or at least it seems that way from the posts). I won't stand for it anymore.

Personally, I said that I wouldn't take any **** from anyone, a lot of stuff he says was not directed personally at me, but I still don't think he should get away with it anymore. You guys just followed him, and that is not my fault.

I don't want any ill feeling between you guys, it would have been much better if you let me and Jake settle this on our own.

EDIT @ Jake, I obviously know that. I didn't want everyone else in the world to think everyone in Toronto thinks like you guys do about the PR. I wan just copying what you said about Eric's post in the other thread and applied it to a different situation.

D

Deleted member

I agree with the Sky King

edit @ Andy: what are you talking about here, the only people from Toronto on the EC PR are me and Noah, and Noah and I want off. In fact, it was Noah's idea. So yes. I don't really see why you'd have an opinion on this, as you aren't on the EC PR. I don't get you.

Edit: Andy, you seriously jump to way too many conclusions. Noah and I asked to be off. We didn't say others from Toronto shouldn't be on. If they want to be on, then so be it, that's their deal. We're suggesting to MTL that it should just be a MTL PR. But they're probably not going to listen, but we'd still prefer ourselves off the list.

Edit 3: what do you mean getting away with it? -_-

Also andy, I said that about Eric because his post was so unbelievably dumb that I wanted a mod to deleted it. the guy is quitting smash for his life and then eric goes and tells him that god doesn't exist and he's making an obvious mistake, that just struck me as incredibly disrespectful and eric does this a lot. he did it about americans somewhere too, that he hated all of them, which is WHY i said what i said

Fogel

Smash Lord
@NNR (or at least, the aggressive forum warrior NNR members): Your main criticism before this UNFINISHED list was shown to you was that no one ever bothered to update the PR. Well, Vwins tried with only 2 big tourneys worth of results (ToS3 and Trans-Can) to make a list, and basically did everything on his own. Does he get any kind of respect/acknowledgement for his work? Of course not; now that you guys have gone down in the rankings, it's time for the "OMG Montreal Bias@!#$!#$@#$123" cries again.

I will state again that the power rankings are based on primarily 1v1 tournament results. No GTAers (aside from Lanowen) came to ToS3, and quite a few NNR members did not even play in Trans-Canada singles, even though it took place in Toronto! And since I know it will come up, no Canada Day johns please; the rest of the major crews seemed to have no problem making it out to TCT for Canada Day weekend, even though for a lot of them it involved (gasp!) traveling out of town. I will also point out that the Ottawa PR players went down too, though they did not go down by as much since they did play in ToS3 and did rather well.

As for the GTA biweekles, we can't really count those, since the only PR rankers that ever play in those are Bread and Delorted, so it's impossible to really use those results to place other GTAers in the list (unless they can consistenly beat Bread/Del, which doesn't seem to be happening from what I've seen).

Aside from those points, anything else I would have said has already been covered by pkm and BigRick.

Also...

edit @ Andy: what are you talking about here, the only people from Toronto on the EC PR are me and Noah, and Noah and I want off. In fact, it was Noah's idea. So yes. I don't really see why you'd have an opinion on this, as you aren't on the EC PR. I don't get you.

Edit: Andy, you seriously jump to way too many conclusions. Noah and I asked to be off. We didn't say others from Toronto shouldn't be on. If they want to be on, then so be it, that's their deal. We're suggesting to MTL that it should just be a MTL PR. But they're probably not going to listen, but we'd still prefer ourselves off the list.
Hmm, where'd you say that stuff? Let's see...

(bold emphasis mine)

Oops, you said it right here. Unless you're trying to say that the only TO smashers that exist are the 4 in the brackets? That's a little arrogant, wouldn't you say? Please stop telling Andy he's making stuff up when you said the exact things in question a page ago.

Jake, I'm calling you out. Every second post you make says that the power rankings are all biased towards Montreal, or trash talking Montreal. You've also said that you have a better list in mind, but you're "afraid to post it to avoid offending people". I want you to post this list here, since I'd say that given your recent behaviour that you aren't afraid to offend people...

D

Deleted member

I apologize for using the word "all" for "all" of 2 people. I don't know if you know this Cameron, but when I was handed a list via msn, there were 20 people on it, and 4 were from Toronto. I stated the 4 from Toronto on this thread. They are not currently on (excluding myself and Noah), but if the list was 20, and it was the list I was handed, those 4 I stated would be on.

Cameron, I'm not going to go and state my list at all, because I'm done. And to be honest, I can't really. I haven't sat down and played MTL smashers in a while, so even my list would be inaccurate. This is my point though. All Noah and I asked for was to be taken off the list and for some reason people have a problem with this. So the people who think that I'm excluding Toronto from potentially being on an EC PR, you are wrong, you read my posts incorrectly, as when I said all of Toronto, I meant all of Toronto who is currently on the PR or is on a rough list. And the only ones on the rough list are the ones I mentioned.

Please just drop this, I'm going to work some things about with Andy because he has some beef he wants to work out, which may or may not be understandable, I don't know yet.

Also, I was really the only one from NNR who has criticized the thought of an EC PR on the forums. But I know now that the people I've talked to pretty much agree that for the PR to become better and more accurate, you should simply convert it to a regional PR akin to Toronto's PR. Canada is not like the US in terms of Smash, we don't have MLGs all over the place, nor consistent tournaments. I'm not trying to offend anyone here, nor am I saying anything really that blasphemous.. I'm simply saying that for all intents and purposes, an EC PR could be nice, but the current state of Smash here doesn't exactly allow for a PR of that caliber. If people disagree, then I invite them to try and continue to try. There is no harm in that. But myself and the others on this thread feel it isn't something worthwhile, so we're done with it. Is that so bad? The people who think we're whining are simply being ignorant and can say that all they want, we don't care, we've had enough.

Gomen no sai, vwins san.

Let me just say this - I do not want to forever **** Torontonians from being on a future EC PR, not at all. I could easily see I.B. or someone else from Toronto taking a spot, and if he feels like it, then he can go for it. He's got the potential.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I apologize for using the word "all" for "all" of 2 people. I don't know if you know this Cameron, but when I was handed a list via msn, there were 20 people on it, and 4 were from Toronto. I stated the 4 from Toronto on this thread. They are not currently on (excluding myself and Noah), but if the list was 20, and it was the list I was handed, those 4 I stated would be on.

Cameron, I'm not going to go and state my list at all, because I'm done. And to be honest, I can't really. I haven't sat down and played MTL smashers in a while, so even my list would be inaccurate. This is my point though. All Noah and I asked for was to be taken off the list and for some reason people have a problem with this. So the people who think that I'm excluding Toronto from potentially being on an EC PR, you are wrong, you read my posts incorrectly, as when I said all of Toronto, I meant all of Toronto who is currently on the PR or is on a rough list. And the only ones on the rough list are the ones I mentioned.

Please just drop this, I'm going to work some things about with Andy because he has some beef he wants to work out, which may or may not be understandable, I don't know yet.

Also, I was really the only one from NNR who has criticized the thought of an EC PR on the forums. But I know now that the people I've talked to pretty much agree that for the PR to become better and more accurate, you should simply convert it to a regional PR akin to Toronto's PR. Canada is not like the US in terms of Smash, we don't have MLGs all over the place, nor consistent tournaments. I'm not trying to offend anyone here, nor am I saying anything really that blasphemous.. I'm simply saying that for all intents and purposes, an EC PR could be nice, but the current state of Smash here doesn't exactly allow for a PR of that caliber. If people disagree, then I invite them to try and continue to try. There is no harm in that. But myself and the others on this thread feel it isn't something worthwhile, so we're done with it. Is that so bad? The people who think we're whining are simply being ignorant and can say that all they want, we don't care, we've had enough.

Gomen no sai, vwins san.

Let me just say this - I do not want to forever **** Torontonians from being on a future EC PR, not at all. I could easily see I.B. or someone else from Toronto taking a spot, and if he feels like it, then he can go for it. He's got the potential.
I don't think you stated why you want to be off the list. The reason why I think people have problems with this, is because all of a sudden you guys want to be off the list. So are you quitting smash forever?

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Like I say to vwins all the time, it's just impossible to do a well-balanced PR for everyone. While I understand that you guys can't always travel to tourneys, don't make it sound like we are biased and we just want a top 15 from Montreal. That is just bull****. There is a reason why Montreal has so many people on the PR, that take as you will.

Just to clarify things, the newest PR we came up with was top 15. Jih wasn't even on it, and bread was 15th. That's the most we can do, deal with it.

From the start, Both you (Noah) and Jake were always on our cases. But tell us, how are we supposed to rank Jake accordingly, when he didn't even participated in singles back then at TCT. Really, tell us.

We try to keep the list balanced with the tournament results we have, and I think we do a fine job. The only case that isn't totally prooved yet being Kage, but we all know he ***** you guys faces.

Just to make this clear, I'm only responding to Jason at this point because every other argument here goes way back, and clearly about more than just the issue at hand.

To clarify Jason, I'm not accusing you of being biased in your decision, I'm just stating that the chance of someone who lives outside of Montreal moving up in the ranks of the PR is very low. The reason I (seemingly) attacked Andy was because of some **** going on in the GTA scene recently, so I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

About Kage being better than us. I think everyone after the top 4 is so close in skill that it's ridiculous to try to state who's better, so I don't even want to go there right now.

I didn't plan on this being a plea for a higher spot on the PR, and in my first post I came across as being a little bit pissed (you can't really blame me for being frustrated), so I'm going to say this one more time and hope that I don't have to respond to some pissy post again: TAKE US OFF THE PR AND LEAVE IT AT THAT. I admit it's kinda my fault that this got personal, now I'm trying to end it. I don't feel like getting worked up over this, it's just a game, I assume we all have more important things to deal with in our lives.

I don't have any beef with most of you (including you Jason), so I don't want this to end in as a bitter dispute. I just don't give a **** about the EC PR anymore, we don't really want to travel much for smash anymore, maybe for the occasional tourney. This latest PR update was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I suggest that Jake, Andy, and Cameron clear things up on msn before this thing gets any worse.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Just to make this clear, I'm only responding to Jason at this point because every other argument here goes way back, and clearly about more than just the issue at hand.

To clarify Jason, I'm not accusing you of being biased in your decision, I'm just stating that the chance of someone who lives outside of Montreal moving up in the ranks of the PR is very low. The reason I (seemingly) attacked Andy was because of some **** going on in the GTA scene recently, so I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

About Kage being better than us. I think everyone after the top 4 is so close in skill that it's ridiculous to try to state who's better, so I don't even want to go there right now.

I didn't plan on this being a plea for a higher spot on the PR, and in my first post I came across as being a little bit pissed (you can't really blame me for being frustrated), so I'm going to say this one more time and hope that I don't have to respond to some pissy post again: TAKE US OFF THE PR AND LEAVE IT AT THAT. I admit it's kinda my fault that this got personal, now I'm trying to end it. I don't feel like getting worked up over this, it's just a game, I assume we all have more important things to deal with in our lives.

I don't have any beef with most of you (including you Jason), so I don't want this to end in as a bitter dispute. I just don't give a **** about the EC PR anymore, we don't really want to travel much for smash anymore, maybe for the occasional tourney. This latest PR update was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I suggest that Jake, Andy, and Cameron before this thing gets any worse.
I'm not against you guys wanting to be out of the PR, it's perfectly reasonable due to your tournament attendance being lower than us. All I wanted to be clear is that the list wasn't a Montreal panelist fest of bias (or whatever you want to call it).

The only thing that ticked me off was how Jake phrased it, maybe he didn't intend to make us (Montreal) feel bad about it, but it kinda sounded like it.

Also, I didn't post with any beef against anyone. I don't know what the situation with Lanowen is, but I wasn't aware of it when I posted. The only reason why I threw the F word in there was because I don't go on SWF often, nor do I take the time to read the GTA thread (I don't care) so it looked out of place to me, but you guys explained, and I understand. So I take that back. Nothing against any of you.

I really think we should do PRs by region, so I vote for the destruction of the EC PR. Arguments against my thought are welcome.

Fogel

Smash Lord

I was not aware of the 20 person list; the version I saw only had 15 people. Regardless of the version of the list though, Noah asked in a confrontational way and we (pkm/vwins/myself) are just trying to defend ourselves here. Other NNR coming into this thread and saying the same kinds of things as Noah isn't helping matters. You guys seem to be really aggressive lately (I've been following the Toronto threads), I don't get where all this anger is coming from.

I'm not against you guys wanting to be out of the PR, it's perfectly reasonable due to your tournament attendance being lower than us. All I wanted to be clear is that the list wasn't a Montreal panelist fest of bias (or whatever you want to call it)

I really think we should do PRs by region, so I vote for the descrution of the EC PR. Arguments against my thought are welcome.
Agreed, most GTAers don't travel, nor do any Ottawa/Montrealers head to the GTA regularly to play smash with them anymore, so trying to keep a unified EC PR is pointless.

D

Deleted member

Jason, I apologize if you feel that was what I intended, I didn't intend to make you guys feel or look bad.

Navo

Smash Apprentice
Ok well i wrote a huge long thing but then my internet screwed up then earased it so here's the summary.

There's a lot of montrealers on the PR because montreal pwns. Not because there being biased towards themselves (even though theres an equal ammount of pannalists from each city being montreal, ottawa and toronto).

Stop whining and complaining about your spot on the PR. I bet there is a lot of people who wish they could be in that 10-15th spot that your complaining about. And i know that your going to say "well then let them have it by taking my off the PR". Thats another stupid thing to say. Stop complaining about your spot. Your spot was determined by the panelists and thats where they feel you stand. If you don't like it then come to the next tournement where most the PRers are and beat all the ones that you think you should be ahead of. If you really think you should be ahead of them then it should be easy right?

The PR was made for fun and this whining and complaining is just stupid. Where you are on it is where you stand. Don't like it? Well go to some tournements and prove yourself. Insead of this back on forth of "put me higher" "no" "then take me off" its becoming old fast and really anoying. So stop complaining, be happy with where you are, pracitce come to a tournement and go up on the list, and don't worry, be happy.

Oh and this post isn't really directed towards anyone.

ok there's my post for the month :p

-Navo

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Navo said:
Stop whining and complaining about your spot on the PR.
It was wasted. I shouldn't even be saying it. My crew mates have said it numerous times already - We don't want to be on the PR.

Is that whining?

No.

Is what you posted useless and conflict-prolonging?

Yes.

Navo said:
So stop complaining, be happy with where you are, pracitce come to a tournement and go up on the list, and don't worry, be happy.
We don't really have the time+money to travel like that. I haven't personally done so yet, but all of this is sort of pushing me away from it. Its true...whats the point of going and even attempting to place if when you miss a Quebec tourny you get pushed down 4 spots?

Take us off. I can see that most of the people in this thread agree with the Region-by-region thing. It clearly makes more sense seeing as we don't play as often as I'm sure we'd all like.

Dice

Smash Lord
Seperate power rankings would be the best option imo. Toronto already has their own, this "new" EC PR can just be changed to montreal, and Ottawa will make our own (good thing about Ottawa is everyone in Ottawa who plays smash will be on it! Since we only have like 10 players :D)

Oh, and out of curiousity, can someone post the new, improved PR list so we can all argue about it for 5 pages?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I'm in favor of tearing down the ECCPR. If we don't have Toronto, it's not accurate, and it's basically alienating an entire region, and I don't think that's a good idea.

I'm also down for a Montreal PR. I might actually have some sort of chance to be on it. :)

I also want to see the list, 15 and/or 20 person one.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
There are so many things wrong with these rankings, I'm not gonna shoot my mouth off because I don't wanna start stupid drama. Kage should definatly be on there though. Smash till u drop might have influenced some changes if idiots didn't screw it up by smoking weed in the hallway while I was taking the 2 hour trip to get there for singles.

Well there's always next tourney, I hear Vwin is planning something? rumors.. who knows.

MTL power rankings would be tight. We should hold like.. a special smashfest/tourney whatever and base the standings on the results, and the observations of our best players with the best eyes for new talent, and stale talent.

Top Bottom