• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AllYouCanSmash, August 24th Friday, CHICAGO, IL

Vro

Smash Lord
I haven't been to any real tournies yet, count me in! PM whenever you get more detailed information on time or if you need me for anything. =D

khepri

Smash Lord
I say you go with starting at 1 like scythe said earlier with doubles, that way people can make it to singles later in the day.

This seems like it'll be great. Nice job BlanFu.

Siriex

Smash Rookie
I haven't been to any real tournies yet, count me in! PM whenever you get more detailed information on time or if you need me for anything. =D

Same goes for me, I live relatively close by.

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
I say you go with starting at 1 like scythe said earlier with doubles, that way people can make it to singles later in the day.

This seems like it'll be great. Nice job BlanFu.
Thanks! Me and my friends just wanted to try hosting a tourny, cause we've played each other for two years non-stop basicly.. (Few tournies here and there) so were aiming for a small-medium one with good people.

Found the perfect place too, not to big, not to small, free food and soda, plus we got a discount cause my family goes there so much... (Just a shame we couldn't get it on sat, was booked)

Looking forward to smashing with you all! I'll discuss with my friends and have times soon. :chuckle:

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
Count me in.

EDIT: I see now its friday so I couldn't make it until 4... I'd show up still but I dunno when the tourneys are planned to start.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Count me in.

EDIT: I see now its friday so I couldn't make it until 4... I'd show up still but I dunno when the tourneys are planned to start.
Well since it goes till the mourning, I'm guessing that there may be multiple tournaments.

Scythe

Smash Master
For The List: add 3 to 2 friends who might come i'm never sure about them.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
You can add me to the list o.O. I dunno about the date though, my school starts around that time so I dunno if Imma be able to come early but I'd def be able to make i eventually.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I'll probably be there. It'll be nice to go to one last tourney before school starts on the 27th.

I just gotta start getting back in shape. A three week break from melee is too much for me. I'm out of practice.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
If it starts after 4pm, a few friends and i may be able to come. School doesn't end til 3 =[

EDIT: I found out that I have plans that day but i may have a few friends that want to go. I'll go ask them...

Scythe

Smash Master
It seems i'm gonna be needing a teammate for this one.
So if anyone is interested please send me a pm thx.

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
Seeing as schools starting for some people, I'll try this...

Sign-in/Warm-ups: 3:00-4:00+ pm
Doubles Starttime: 4:00-5:00 pm
Singles Startime: When doubles ends.

Hows that sound? :D

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
Well since it goes till the mourning, I'm guessing that there may be multiple tournaments.
Hmm, multiple tourney's eh? didn't think of that... I was thinking more along the lines like lotsa friendlies... :chuckle: But I'll talk it over with my friends.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Lots of friendlies sounds better than several tourneys IMO, but only as long as there are enough setups. I haven't read the entire topic so I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but how many setups do you think there'll be?

Oh, and how early can we show up? I'd like to get as many friendlies in as possible before the tourney starts.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
On the 24th I'll be in chicago, in walking distance of grant park. is anybody going to be anywhere near there who is going to this? I would need a ride. I would appreciate it! :)

also I need a teammate if I'm coming, i'm not bad I just won a WI tournament

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I just moved to Chicago this past Friday so I should definitely be able to make this.

In the meantime, is there anyone in the city that would be willing to play? If so, send me a PM, so we don't clog up this thread.

Scythe

Smash Master
****it Hoefler i was just about to ask him. well i still need a teammate any takers?

if you wanna know how good i am ask Dabear. I actually did damage to HIM.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Alright school starts on 28th for me so this is all fine and dandy for me. Add me on the list as a definate along with probably Yoru and maybe Dave.

P.S I'm also looking for a partner considering I vowed to NEVER again team with Yoru. Any takers? I play Marth/Fox and Roy if u want :p.

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
****it Hoefler i was just about to ask him. well i still need a teammate any takers?

if you wanna know how good i am ask Dabear. I actually did damage to HIM.
Haha, yeah scythe is good. In fact, Ill team with you if you want, but i warn that I will be cutting it very close to the beginning of the doubles tourney.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Alright school starts on 28th for me so this is all fine and dandy for me. Add me on the list as a definate along with probably Yoru and maybe Dave.

P.S I'm also looking for a partner considering I vowed to NEVER again team with Yoru. Any takers? I play Marth/Fox and Roy if u want :p.
Brightside, you wanna team since we both counter Eddie like 100% of the time?

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
Lots of friendlies sounds better than several tourneys IMO, but only as long as there are enough setups. I haven't read the entire topic so I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but how many setups do you think there'll be?

Oh, and how early can we show up? I'd like to get as many friendlies in as possible before the tourney starts.
I think were gonna have about 8 set-ups, but the place isn't too big and the tourny won't be huge so it should be enough. I'm not sure how early we'll be there but it'll be atleast a good hour or two before we start doubles, I'll consult my friends and post a better time as to when we'll be ready for people.

Jb14

Smash Rookie
Eh, I think I'll be able to go. I'm not sure because I don't know what my schedule is for my new school. Yes I'm a freshie. : ]

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
errr? Damien just fro'd me so I'm desperate for a partner! Bear, Scythe, Cunning, Brightside anyone I dont wanna team with Yoru again :p

Scythe

Smash Master
Well Bear just asked me first so i guess i'll team with him, but as he said if he doesn't make it... well there yah go.

Dabear and Scythe for president!!

Mars-

Smash Champion
I decided that I want to work a lot this month so I can get like $1400 by the end of the month, so I won't be going to this. Have fun people.

P.S. If you have another one after August, I'll probably come.

Top Bottom