• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AllYouCanSmash, August 24th Friday, CHICAGO, IL

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
The aim of this tournament is for everyone to get lots of friendlies in, and the tourney should be nice too! It will probably be smaller outcome then other tournies, but that only means we all get to smash more! (Am I right? :D) So, from 2 pm to 11 pm, we hope you can get All You Can Smash!

UPDATES:
Brackets will be hidden for the purpose of having me figure out things without being bothered, sorry friends!

Times: (Yes, this tourney is later one, chicago never sleeps! or was that...)
-Sign-in/Friendlies: 2:00-4:00 pm
-Doubles Starttime: 4:00pm
-Singles Startime: 6:30pm
(Will push back if doubles somehow lasts too long)
-Friendlies: After singles til 11:00 pm

Fees:
Entry Fee 10$ per person (Includes All you can eat Pizza and Pop :lick:)
Singles 5$ per person
Doubles 10$ per team

Prizes: (Subject to change)
60/30/10% of the pot
(For those who care, this is a nonprofit tournament for myself and my friends, meaning unless we come in prize winning places we do not make a cent.)

Basic Tournament Rules Apply:
All matches are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
Double Elimination Brackets
4 stock, 8 minute limit
No Items
Each person/team may knock out one stage for the entire set.
No stage may be played more than once per set, unless both players agree.
A player may not choose a stage where he/she has already won.
If you wish to have the game paused, you must request that your opponent do it, otherwise he has the choice to restart the round on a level of his choice. This rule does not apply to sudden obstructions and catastrophes.
Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium.
Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium.
Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Great Bay, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle.
Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.
Double Blind Picks may be called on the first round.
Advanced Slob Picks – The loser of a match picks the next stage to play, then the winner picks their character followed by the loser picking their character.
Ties broken by lives/percentages
Team Attack ON

Manzo's Ristorante (We are using the party room)
3210 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60618, US
-Crossstreets are Irving Park Rd. and Kedzie.

Note:
The party room holds a maximum of 60 people, because of t.v.'s and food we expect 30-40ish people to fit comfortably. So to make sure we don't go over capacity we will make a list of people who pledge to come.

List So Far:
-Myself and Friends (4-8)
-khepri
-nola
-Scythe (2-3 friends)
-King Zeal (And friends?)
-mario-master (and friend)
-Vro
-Siriex
-Zjiin
-Brightside6382
-Yoru
-Mslano
-Hoefler
-RamonNoodles
-luigismash294
-alcheato
-Jb14
-Romulux
-jnolan

Mebbi's:
-Me14k
-Dave
-Gundamsdboy

Final Answer Thursday: (lol)
-ODIN
-Minty(+Friend)

Me14k

Smash Lord
Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium & Yes, Rainbow Cruise.

Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, & Yes, Rainbow Cruise.
Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
wtf. Rainbow cruise default random? Id love to go to this but the non-mlg rules are ridiculous.

I might go..and bring 2-4 friends with...but I think we should figure out these rules.

Scythe

Smash Master
What time of the day is this happening?
Cause i have school that day :(

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
wtf. Rainbow cruise default random? Id love to go to this but the non-mlg rules are ridiculous.
Your contridicting yourself, consindering Rainbow Cruise is on default random on MLG rules. I'll see how many other people have problems with it though... I figure people like it and people hate it so they can just use there stage ban when their playing people, eh?

Also its suppose to be on a Friday, I not only got the dates messed up but the month too, gj me!. the new Date is AUGUST 24TH, FRIDAY.

We get the room all day from 11 am to 2 am so I need people to help me pick a good starting time.

Hoefler

BRoomer
Your contridicting yourself, consindering Rainbow Cruise is on default random on MLG rules. I'll see how many other people have problems with it though... I figure people like it and people hate it so they can just use there stage ban when their playing people, eh?.
Who the hell cares about MLG, they don't even do smash anymore. Bottom line is that no one from the southside is going to come to this if that stage is on the random list and you'll be severely cutting back on the number of people who would go otherwise. Justifying it by saying that "you can use your ban on it" is dumb.

King Zeal

Smash Cadet
I don't see a time for this tourney anywhere.

But, anyway, I'll definitely try to make it out there. And if I can, I'll bring some friends with.

Scythe

Smash Master
Ah it's August! My school already started during that week :( But i have Firday off for some apparent reason. So i'll come and just take rainbow cruise off random list and stick it in counter-pick. Make everyone happy.

P.s. Brightside if this were across the street from bobabee's something fishy would be going on.

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
I mean I know its hard changing dates and stuff, but i thnk turnout would be much more if it was on the weekend because school just starts around the time of your tournament. I'd definitely go if you changed the date to a saturday or sunday. But I'm just noob...so dont listen to me.
Don't put yerself down, thats a very good idea.. its just... Their booked every weekend until september! I'd do it someplace else, but com'on, 10$ a person for the whole day + free pizza and pop? I'd take my chance on friday. :/

I don't see a time for this tourney anywhere.
We get the room the whole day from 11 am-2 am, 15 hours, so the time can be flexible. I was hoping for peoples insight on when to start it.

Who the hell cares about MLG, they don't even do smash anymore. Bottom line is that no one from the southside is going to come to this if that stage is on the random list and you'll be severely cutting back on the number of people who would go otherwise. Justifying it by saying that "you can use your ban on it" is dumb.
Thanks for your opinions! I'd care about them more if you were actually coming, and don't be such a hardass. I was refering to MLG because the person I was talking too (Whom wasn't you) was refering to it too; And Justifying it by saying that "you can use your ban on it" is opinion*, just like your opinion is that its dumb.

Ah it's August! My school already started during that week :( But i have Firday off for some apparent reason. So i'll come and just take rainbow cruise off random list and stick it in counter-pick. Make everyone happy.

P.s. Brightside if this were across the street from bobabee's something fishy would be going on.
Well thats quite a coincidence, maybe its FATE you come to this tourny! lol, or maybe not... XP Ya I'll definatly put rainbow cruise in counter-picks. I listin when people tell me nicely instead of trying to start fights... >_>

Note; Yes your right, it would be... Maybe I'll go double check! o_o

Me14k

Smash Lord
mushroom kingdom 2 is a legal counter pick level...

and thankyou for taking rainbow cruise off random level. Why did you want it anyways?...is it cause you main kirby and he can kirbyicide anywhere on that level?

if it was on saturday id definitly be able to go...im not sure about friday and school.

and a random question: Does anyone know if bodobee is going to have anymore tournys?

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
and thankyou for taking rainbow cruise off random level. Why did you want it anyways?...is it cause you main kirby and he can kirbyicide anywhere on that level?
Geez, that was a low blow... I do Main kirby but I don't kirbicide too much, I'll admit its a nice benefit but I was doing it more so for my group of friends, though a couple of them hate it, myself and a few others like the change-up to a moving stage...

Please, don't judge me so low, I'm not hosting this tourny to win, I'm hosting it for some nice competition. also, Battlefield and Dream land 64 are better places then cruise to kirbicide on. :p

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Heh, yeah, hosting these during the week is probably gonna be a huge false in terms of attendance. And yeah, if anything somehow pops up over school breaks this year, the Southside may be able to bring a good amount of people over. We'll see how things go. You should expect a visit from Edward J. Howells, however. heh

King Zeal

Smash Cadet
We get the room the whole day from 11 am-2 am, 15 hours, so the time can be flexible. I was hoping for peoples insight on when to start it.
Well, in terms of what's best for ME (and that's what we ALL want, right? :D) I get out of work at 4pm, but to be on the safe side, I'd say don't start the tourney until 7pm or 6pm at earliest. This gives Nine-to-fivers like myself time to make it, register, flirt with whatever (few) chicks may be there, and pray to our various gods before entering the tourney.

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
Heh, yeah, hosting these during the week is probably gonna be a huge false in terms of attendance. And yeah, if anything somehow pops up over school breaks this year, the Southside may be able to bring a good amount of people over. We'll see how things go. You should expect a visit from Edward J. Howells, however. heh
Well, I figure Chicagoland like myself and my smash friends don't start school until september, but I guess suburbians start school sooner... I plan this to be a smaller tourney anyhow, and friday is still better the the middle of the week, especially since we can have a late start time.

Edward J. Howells? Sorry I didn't get it XD

Well, in terms of what's best for ME (and that's what we ALL want, right? :D) I get out of work at 4pm, but to be on the safe side, I'd say don't start the tourney until 7pm or 6pm at earliest. This gives Nine-to-fivers like myself time to make it, register, flirt with whatever (few) chicks may be there, and pray to our various gods before entering the tourney.
Sounds good, I'll see what other people think about it. Good luck finding chicks at a small tourny like this though XP

Scythe

Smash Master
He's THE BigGman!!!!!!!

you should prolly start doubles at around 1.
have the time for food and what not.
and then hold singles

Mars-

Smash Champion
Thanks for your opinions! I'd care about them more if you were actually coming, and don't be such a hardass. I was refering to MLG because the person I was talking too (Whom wasn't you) was refering to it too; And Justifying it by saying that "you can use your ban on it" is opinion*, just like your opinion is that its dumb.
GG Hoefler. Screw southside, makes it easier for us to win.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Edward J. Howells= Eddie= Top ganon player
Cunningkitsune=top fox player

And having the tourny on a saturday would be sweet.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Edward J. Howells= Eddie= Top ganon player
Cunningkitsune=top fox player

I like how this man thinks. Welcome to the MW. :) Now all that remains is to work the completely random plethora of random MW sayings and phrases into your vocabulary.

Also, Scythe has got it as well. heh

:p @ Mars.

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
Date Change

The earliest saturday I could have this is in September...
Sept 8th, Sept 22nd, Sept 29th.

Everything else before that is booked on Saturday, so...

Friday in August or Saturday in September?

Mars-

Smash Champion
Lol, I just don't understand why it is such a big deal about one stage, which you can easily ban.

Not to mention all you can eat pizza for $10, I would go just for that.

Friday is fine for me, because if it is on saturday, I can't go for sure.

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
Myself and my friends would like to have it before we start school ourselves, which is in september... And also Scythe and Mars are cool :p

So date stays as August 24th, sorry me14k! ^____^

Tink

Smash Hero
ill prolly come for the all you can eat pizza =), just have to see if im working this day or not.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Myself and my friends would like to have it before we start school ourselves, which is in september... And also Scythe and Mars are cool :p

So date stays as August 24th, sorry me14k! ^____^
dont worry about it..i still might go...i dont mind rainbowcruise and im surprized not many other people care...

I didnt notice the free food : )

BlankFu

Smash Cadet
Friday is fine for me, because if it is on saturday, I can't go for sure.
So can I put ya down then? since its staying on friday? :D

i dont mind rainbowcruise and im surprized not many other people care...)
You missed it, I put Rainbow cruise in counterpicks a page back... _-_

...I might put it in Random again if my friends want it back on (Since I haven't talked to em yet) but probably not

Scythe

Smash Master
Well i'm satisfied ^.^
be best if you keep rainbow cruise off random cause people will just end up using up there ban on it.

P.S Yer cool too lol.

Top Bottom