• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All your roster predictions are wrong, The Official Wii Fit Trainer club

plokoon9619

Smash Cadet
This is where we discuss all our love and appreciation for the one of the newest characters in SSB. Anyone else excited? Personally her being in the game probably means the roster will be 45+ characters since Sakurai will piss everybody off if its only around 30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQB8cJTCgrI

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Well at least they got the WTF character out of the way so we won't have another ROB incident.

And of course, you know if she's top tier, people will suddenly love her.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well at least they got the WTF character out of the way so we won't have another ROB incident.

And of course, you know if she's top tier, people will suddenly love her.

Nah, she won't be top tier. She'll be the most balanced character in the game

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The final panels in these two BitF Strips sums up the mood.

D

Deleted member

Damn you Wii Fit Trainer and Villager for keeping me from being right with my roster prediction.:mad:

I COULD HAVE GAINED INTERNET FAME!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Did they show any of her special moves? I think all I saw were normal attacks.

I guess she has a volleyball spike and it seems her recovery special is spawning a bunch of hoola hoops and... I dunno, moving upwards.

I'm not impressed.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm glad that the character is making a lot of people happy, but as far as I can tell her character's super uninteresting in terms of gameplay. Mega Man is a totally unique character and the Villager brings a few fun new mechanics, but exactly what does the WFT bring?

She moves her body to hit things. Sometimes, she throws a projectile. Her recovery seems to have her move upwards while hurting things. I just really hope they've done something to make her have interesting gameplay other than amusing attack animations because, as is, she's actually the most generic Smash character yet.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm glad that the character is making a lot of people happy, but as far as I can tell her character's super uninteresting in terms of gameplay. Mega Man is a totally unique character and the Villager brings a few fun new mechanics, but exactly what does the WFT bring?

She moves her body to hit things. Sometimes, she throws a projectile. Her recovery seems to have her move upwards while hurting things. I just really hope they've done something to make her have interesting gameplay other than amusing attack animations because, as is, she's actually the most generic Smash character yet.
They're all themed.
She's not just attacking with her body. Hell, that's the only thing Donkey Kong does too.

She's attacking with FITNESS.
One two, one two, move it move it! FEEL THE BURN!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So...
I cracked the **** up, but I wasn't sure if I should main her.

Then I saw that her d-air was basically ganondorfs d-air.
SOLD!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

It's hard to tell at this point, but with all her moves being mostly stretches and such, she should actually have some good range. I expect her to be very footsies heavy which is good.

Mind you, what the moves look like doesn't determine how unique a character is. They're more than the sum of their parts. It all depends on how they're connected to each other.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am looking forward to her taunts and any possible winning/intro poses. Should be pretty interesting. I love her FS, it's really good and covers the entire area. However, now that I think about it, it would of been awesome if the players tried to balance, failed horribly, and she bitchslapped eachone into fitness oblivion as she did in the beginning of her trailer.

Then again......maybe that was an indiciation that there are in fact two or more Final Smashes present in SSB4?? Or maybe I am looking to much into it.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
It's hard to tell at this point, but with all her moves being mostly stretches and such, she should actually have some good range. I expect her to be very footsies heavy which is good.

Mind you, what the moves look like doesn't determine how unique a character is. They're more than the sum of their parts. It all depends on how they're connected to each other.
Yea.
With her speed, and body frame it looks like she's gonna be very footsie based. Her moves also look like they recover REALLY quick so she'll probably be pretty safe on shield.

Her hula hoop recovery looks very versatile too, and her jumps look like they get some incredible distant so recovering shouldn't be to big of an issue for her.

If she does end up being footsie based, i'm defenitly maining her. No doubts.
Although, i'd like to see all her specials first.

So far the only ones confirmed as the Volleyvoll spike, and the hula hoop.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I freakin' love this character reveal and will main her. I don't even care who else gets confirmed now, this is just too good. WFT the WTF char FTW.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I at first was a little disappointed.
I thought I would only play as her only twice or thrice and just go back to Mega Man.
But, then, I realized that I will eventually warm up to her when I get the game.
Not now, but eventually.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I freakin love this thread's title.

Also, never have I experience a simultaneous feeling of delight and anger, I love it. Oh, WFT, I eagerly await your smutty fanart.

KAOS2222

Smash Rookie
First I lol'd

Then I saw how fast she recovers from her moves
and her smashes look brutal :smash:

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
I'm in love.

I'm going to spend hours just terrorizing wi-fi groups with this chick when the game's released.

Kantrip

Kantplay

Special moves use Wii Sports/Wii Fit equipment. Hula Hoops for the recovery, spiking a ball. The unique animations do stand on their own too, imo. All a lot of characters have ever done is hit people with their body.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I know I'm like the third person to say this, but this is one of the best thread titles I've ever seen.

killazys

Smash Cadet
I'm officially part of WFT club. Would love to try maining her :p

Also, what does "footsie" mean?

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I still can't believe that Sakurai included her as a playable character... I don't know what to say, maybe I'll have an opinion when I get out the "WTF condition"

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Consider me part of the club. I've already really warmed up to the choice.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I honestly cannot look or think about her without laughing about it. It is such a troll thing to do and is hilarious. Her E3 intro is funny because when they first saw the video, people in the crowd were like (oh here comes Wii Fit U) and then the change and some of them started laughing but most of them were like WTF! Haha.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Special moves use Wii Sports/Wii Fit equipment. Hula Hoops for the recovery, spiking a ball. The unique animations do stand on their own too, imo. All a lot of characters have ever done is hit people with their body.

Yeah, it is true that a great number of characters' standards are basically reduced to "hit with their body"... mostly, all we've seen of her movements are very straightforward attacks where she suddenly appears in a certain pose and deals damage once. Functionally, she's as straightforward of a character as we've seen, even more so than the average "move to hit people with their body".

Have we seen specifically what the hula hoops do? As far as I could tell, they did some damage and then she jumped away.

I'm holding out hope for her other specials, though. And, I'm hoping that the ball special is a volleyball spike downward in the air and a soccer kick upwards on the ground. I don't think we have a projectile that always moves at an angle like that yet, and I've always enjoyed angled projectiles like ROB's.

B!squick

Smash Master
I'm calling it now, this will be the Meta Knight of SSBfWUa3DS. Maybe not to the same degree, but a contender for top banana for sure.

thespymachine

Smash Ace
this is the best thing.
Ha ha, thanks.

I'm calling it now, this will be the Meta Knight of SSBfWUa3DS. Maybe not to the same degree, but a contender for top banana for sure.
Definitely a contender. Roughly in the same tier list range Falcon and ZSS are, in Melee and Brawl respectively. It looks like she has some neat disjointed attacks, which will be nice. But it'll come down to how fast she is and how her moveset works - because then she could be horrible. lol

Top Bottom