• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social All Range Mode!

M@v

Subarashii!
I got frauded by ****** custom mii brawler in losers finals of my pool by the way ヽ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ノ. Sorry for just talking about it now; I was....irritated....for a while about it, to say the least. Especially since I steam rolled my pool up to winners finals and had a tight set with 8bitman in winners.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
I got frauded by ****** custom mii brawler in losers finals of my pool by the way ヽ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ノ. Sorry for just talking about it now; I was....irritated....for a while about it, to say the least. Especially since I steam rolled my pool up to winners finals and had a tight set with 8bitman in winners.
Mii Fraudulent brawlers

M@v

Subarashii!
Moves as fast as fox, hard to hit. Died from being grabbed at like 40-50% every stock because of downthrow, upair, upb.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Just don't get grabbed, duh.

Nah Brawler is good at the best of times and if you don't know the matchup it is painful. At least you won't have to deal with custom sizes from now on... hopefully...

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Just coming back from a long haitus, was dealing with the departure of a close friend from this world. I'm fine now, but I'm really glad I took that break from the game: really needed it to reflect on what is truly important to me and where I can go on from here.

I just saw the EVO vods. They solidified my decision of not playing with them anymore.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
I know that feeling Dave.... Take care mate

Moves as fast as fox, hard to hit. Died from being grabbed at like 40-50% every stock because of downthrow, upair, upb.
Well thank god we ain't going to see that cheese much

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Hope everything's going well over there, Daveman. =[

Urgh, new patch announced literally the day before a tourney I'm running... hoping there's no balance changes to screw it up

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Hope everything's going well over there, Daveman. =[

Urgh, new patch announced literally the day before a tourney I'm running... hoping there's no balance changes to screw it up
You can always just say "Don't patch your Wii U's, we're running this the latest version boiz!" luckily my tournament is 1 week after the patch though lololol
Hope we see some ACTUAL positive changes to Fox, like give Fthrow actual killing potential, I don't care if it doesn't kill DK before 180 but just let ****ing Fthrow kill them!

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
People want the new patch by poll so I'll have to atch everything in the morning ¬_¬

Fox does not need buffs. He's one of the few characters in this game that is well balanced, man. Give Fox a kill throw and he's brooooke

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Please keep Fox the same.

He's 100% fine the way he is. We don't need buffs because then people will call OP and he will likely be subsequently nerfed, and we don't need nerfs because he already has pretty obvious weaknesses to exploit.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
People want the new patch by poll so I'll have to atch everything in the morning ¬_¬

Fox does not need buffs. He's one of the few characters in this game that is well balanced, man. Give Fox a kill throw and he's brooooke
He doesn't need a kill throw, but even Fthrow used at the ledge with rage if they are in the 150s should just kill them imo, after all Fox loses to Rage.
But hey, I wouldn't mind a Blaster buff :yeahboi:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
I don't think that's a Peach only thing though haha, but yeah the reverse 1st hit of most Up B's murder people, just like in Melee Roy's reverse Up B would OHK puff if memory servers.

Though damn that ****ing umbrella

RATED

Smash Lord

He still wont be better than the top tiers

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Buffing characters to be better than top tiers is how to cause power creep... especially when our character can already easily compete with the top tiers.

M@v

Subarashii!
Should be seeing a lot videos of my fox after the update tonight; the direct upload to Youtube feature is supposed to be landing in this patch happening tonight/tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Jesus.

Well that was uncalled for. I agree with removing the infinite on like Lucario and Shulk and stuff but...

Honestly now.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
https://twitter.com/Gr_kra327/status/626954455179730945

I haven't tested any jab changes against humans yet but this is promising. Can't see it working on fast fallers any more though. Got a few guys coming over tomorrow for a smashfest so we'll lab some stuff.
I was just about to link that.

It seems it's possible for Mario to mash out a nair, as we saw in the 2nd Usmash he traded with him, though 7 damage for a kill is hardly a trade.
Looking at this, it seems it'll be impossible to use against floaties at high percentages if they DI upward.

I'll still miss Jab Jab Dsmash, but I'll take this

Also at lower percentages they should still be in range for a jab jab turn around Utilt.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
I think that the second jab has increased hitstun to go with it sending them further cuz otherwise there's no way Fox should have time to dash and then Up Smash to beat a Mario Nair. I feel like the inner part of the jab knocks away further than if it's spaced? Idk.

(also, is everything on the boards bolded for everyone or is it just me?)

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
...and just when I finally began to utilize it too.... RIP

At least I haven't updated the game on my 3DS.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this is DI-able, I tried having my brother DI it on his Marth, but I did manage to hit it, It's probably a "frame perfect" thing now, also if they jump after the 2nd hit you have the option of chasing them in the air.

I'm gonna miss Jab Jab Dsmash a lot

... Hello

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I'm not sure if this is DI-able, I tried having my brother DI it on his Marth, but I did manage to hit it, It's probably a "frame perfect" thing now, also if they jump after the 2nd hit you have the option of chasing them in the air.

I'm gonna miss Jab Jab Dsmash a lot

... Hello
*sees that it involves footstool* Well, still cool. At least Fox got something good if not better out of this. Never been good at these kinds of combos.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
RIP Jab lock :(

I still think Fox is a good character though. Even without the jab lock, he has a good amount of mix-up options in order to set up some KOs and have good combos. I'm gonna keep maining him, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Surely it's safer just to go Nair -> Up Smash or jab upsmash in that vid with Sheik? I'm also skeptical about how well footstools work, they didn't all seem true.

Maybe I'm just cynical, though. Gonna do some labbing/playing for the rest of this week to prepare for VSFighting =D

Also, I placed fourth in literally every event at Breaking Boundaries I entered besides doubles where I got... fifth. God damn.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Speaking of true combos, a spaced jabjab that sends them upwards for a followup dash Usmash is true about 130 on Sheik and 140 on Mario.

But getting the spacing is hard, and because of how the jabs had a change in timing it'll take a bit of practice

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Nothing smash related, but I just knew Akinator couldn't guess would this was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom