• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social All Range Mode!

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
This is gonna sound weird, but is there anyone who would be willing to add me on skype for 1 on 1 fox practice? Sorry if this is weird.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
So for those who got the Fox statue: What number is yours? You can find it on the bottom of the base.
Mine is 1,062 out of the 5,000 that were made.

Very happy I picked this up.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
So for those who got the Fox statue: What number is yours? You can find it on the bottom of the base.
Mine is 1,062 out of the 5,000 that were made.

Very happy I picked this up.
I...got an early one apparently.

Mine is 63rd. :o

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734

~~~Fox Social~~~

Want to talk about anything not directly related to Fox in Smash 4? Here's the place to do it!
I want to pick up fox as my high tier main so have a main in every section rushdown, bait and punish, and zoner the thing is fox feels so weird but he's really fun to play can you guys help me it would mean a lot

C3CC

Smash Lord
Hello there, Fox mains! Hailing from the Mewtwo boards here. I need your help to deal with this character. Fox is really quick, although just a little bit more than us now :roll:

My biggest problem with him is how ridiculously unfair his attacks are because they have ZERO ending lag or landing lag. The thing can connect attack after attack after attack and a floaty character like Mewtwo just suffers with this. One of my best friends mains him and I can manage to win only a few fights, and I must say that I am, in all modesty, a great Mewtwo player, and he's a great Fox player as well.

There are some things I don't get either. Why does his Side Smash always have priority over my attacks? Sometimes when I'm below the stage and I try to make a comeback, I try hitting him with Forward Air while he's waiting for me to get back on stage, but he always hits first with either his Down Smash or his Forward Smash. I don't get it. Another thing that I don't get is why his Up Air always has priority over my Down Air. I swear to God I input my attack first but he is the one who ends up hitting me.

Another thing I don't get is why I am trying to attack him from above with my Neutral Air and he always manages to hit me with anything. Neutral Air, Up Air, you name it. I can never hit him with my Neutral Air when I'm aboive him.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Rocketman287

Smash Rookie
I want to pick up fox as my high tier main so have a main in every section rushdown, bait and punish, and zoner the thing is fox feels so weird but he's really fun to play can you guys help me it would mean a lot
Well you've got the basics down already. Bait and punish is Fox's M.O.

He's a light fast faller who can die early, rack up damage like nobody's business, and be edgeguarded terribly. He has speed and can combo very well.

I don't want to just leave you a wall of text, basically a fox guide on everything, so anything in particular you need to know? A word of advice, learn to reverse back air. That move is so good.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Well you've got the basics down already. Bait and punish is Fox's M.O.

He's a light fast faller who can die early, rack up damage like nobody's business, and be edgeguarded terribly. He has speed and can combo very well.

I don't want to just leave you a wall of text, basically a fox guide on everything, so anything in particular you need to know? A word of advice, learn to reverse back air. That move is so good.
Thanks I'll go look up some guides a specific question would be what hitbox of dash attack is the combo starter

Wnyke

Smash Cadet
Hi... hope this is in the right place...

I would like to play a fox user that is willing to give me some advice in the robin vs fox match up... I find laser pressure very overwhelming sometimes, since I can't charge the thunder tome without recieving high free damage...

If someone wants to help me out, I can help you too, maybe... I use Robin, Charizard, DDD, Lucina...
message me if interested...

GerudoKong

Smash Apprentice
so I've been thinking about picking up Fox, because I really like his play style as well as the character himself (Starfox 64 is one of my favorite all time games). But one thing keeps me from doing so: he dies super easily and gets juggled on top of that. I've played characters that get juggled hard before so I'm used to that, but none of them are like fox where they die super easily. What mentality do you Fox players have knowing that you could be winning and die from a rage kill really early? Or when you see yourself being juggled to a near kill percent? What mindset do you have in that factor, specifically if it's a tournament setting?

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I just accept it as one of Fox's weak points and try my best to avoid situations where it can be exploited.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Hey guys got a question. Is ledge trump bair guaranteed with fox?
I wanna say no, cause it's a frame 13 bair, but I guess on some characters with big hitboxes and if you get the perfect trump timing, it could be downright close to spamming air dodge for them.

You can always just jump back on stage though and bair their air dodge that way, or land into a Dsmash

Also happy April fools, at least my avatar is the better character <3<3<3

Last edited:

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
An idea popped in my head.
Have we ever found out who Fox's mother was? Or is that left to be milked dry by the SF fan fiction?

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
An idea popped in my head.
Have we ever found out who Fox's mother was? Or is that left to be milked dry by the SF fan fiction?

In an old Nintendo Power comic anyway.

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
so I'm going to go in with the assumption that this has already been found, but just in case...

http://gfycat.com/PaltryFaroffCrab

This is a thing you guys can do.

As far as I can tell, the input seems to be either frame perfect or close to that level of precision. It definitely seems like a glitch just based off of Fox getting landing lag if he jumps after doing it, for... some reason or other. Don't really see it being useful, but it's certainly fun to do and at the very least a neat way to show off in between stocks.

(Falco can pull this off too, but since his shorthop has a different height your distance from the ground is the only visual cue available to help you time it. Was still able to pull it off with some practice, though.)

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
That is a known thing. Knowing the correct height to be at for the lagless landing can be useful for recovery mixups.

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Could anyone link me to the up b tech where you change direction mid firefox? I remember seeing a video for it online at some point but I can't seem to find it now.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Me and my friend were talking about who would win in kick war, Fox or Chun Li? I think Fox wins cause robot legs, but my friend said they could be evenly matched but Chun has the better hyakuretsu, thoughts?

Foster J.

Smash Ace
is there anywhere with a list of what %'s and characters jab jab usmash works on?
I don't think there's a list like that, but in general, there was a short video ages ago where it wouldn't really work on Mario before 120 cause he could Nair out of it.
Soooo something like that

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
What's the easiest way to practice up tilting your opponent on the ledge? Trying to git gud

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I just watched the Star Fox Zero-The Battle Begins short movie and needless to say, I was left speechless. Nintendo needs to make a Star Fox animated series like this.

Goont

Smash Rookie
NNID
PrankingMaster
3DS FC
3024-5691-5601
Switch FC
SW-1032-2125-3356
I just watched the Star Fox Zero-The Battle Begins short movie and needless to say, I was left speechless. Nintendo needs to make a Star Fox animated series like this.
With Nintendo using the income from selling the Seattle Mariners to fund films, I'm hoping for a film. 64's pacing works perfect for a film if they chose the right route, maybe even make their own out of the existing levels.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I've been wondering this for a while and I want to ask, why do fox mains up b when the opponent is at the ledge? it seems useless from all the footage I've seen of people doing it
I honestly think it's a terrible option. If you get it you get good damage or a KO, but if you miss it you give up stage control and let your opponent come back onstage for free. I cringe every time I see S@x Foxes do it onstream, by this point it's already so easy to see coming and avoid it.

Fire Fox can break already damaged shields though: this is more useful in doubles than in singles, Fox has no shield breaking combos that I know of.

Fire Fox is a decent option to catch air-dodges when putting U-air pressure. I think more Foxes should mix up going for a Fire Fox trap and U-air delay/fastfall traps.

What's the easiest way to practice up tilting your opponent on the ledge? Trying to git gud
Put the game on slo-mo (1/2 or 1/4, hold L) and look for the vulnerable frames. The opponent flashes when invulnerable. Speed it up once you feel more confident. You may want someone to control the other character for you as well so you don't have to multitask two controllers.

This is obvious, but characters who don't snap the ledge or whose hitbox pokes above the ledge before grabbing it are the easiest ones to clip with U-tilt/d-tilt. Examples include C. Falcon and Rosalina. The ones with hitboxes to cover them or who can delay their recoveries are hardest. Examples include Meta Knight and Villager. You should practice keeping safe distance from the ledge and doing a PP u-tilt.

so I'm going to go in with the assumption that this has already been found, but just in case...

http://gfycat.com/PaltryFaroffCrab

This is a thing you guys can do.
I know it was answered already, but anyway here's the original thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/fox-firefox-auto-cancel.399983/

IIRC Meta Knight's Tornado + Dimensional Cape and Sheiks Vanish also have this. The trick is what frame the animation ends, what height were you at when landed, and if you fast-fell or not; it's very specific. If you look at the thread, you'll also notice that you can do it from an angle, which makes it slightly more useful but still situational for recovering.

Could anyone link me to the up b tech where you change direction mid firefox? I remember seeing a video for it online at some point but I can't seem to find it now.
I remember reading this a while back, before Cloud was released. This is definitely not fully accurate anymore, but I'll drop it here just in case you find it useful:

Code:
Fox jab upsmash true combo confirm %s (this means it starts working at x%). It needs to be at the tip of his jabs 1 or 2 and then do a quick dashing jump cancelled up smash. It will register as a true combo if you're precise. Remember to follow their DI. Rage may also be a factor.
Mario: Works at 135%
Luigi: Works at 136%
Peach: Works at 130%
Bowser: Works at 120%
Yoshi: Works at 156%
Rosalina: Works at 130%
Bowser Jr.: Works at 150%
Wario: Works at 145%
G&W: Works at 120%
DK: Works at 138%
Diddy: Works at 133%
Link: Works at 148%
Zelda: Works at 135%
Sheik: Works at 127%
Ganon: Works at 140%
Tink: Works at 135%
Samus: Works at 130%
ZSS: Works at 135%
Pit: Works at 125%
Palutena: Works at 120%
Marth: Works at 145%
Ike: Works at 130%
Robin: Works at 135%
Kirby: Works at 110%
DDD: Works at 130%
MK: Works at 115%
Little Mac: Works at 140%
Fox: Works at 130%
Falco: Works at 130%
Pikachu: Works at 114%
Zard: Works at  140%
Lucario: Works at 138%
Jigglypuff: Doesn't work 50/50 situation
Greninja: Works at 140%
Duckhunt: Works at 134%
ROB: Works at 135%
Ness: Works at 145%
Falcon: Works at 145% but delay jab 2
Villager: Works at 150%
Olimar: Works at 135%
Wiifit: Works at 135%
Doc: Works at 135%
Dark Pit: Works at 135%
Lucina: Works at 145%
Shulk: Works at 140%
Pacman: Works at 148%
Megaman: Works at 145%
Sonic: Works at 145%
Mewtwo: Works at 120%
Lucas: Works at 145%
Roy: Works at 145%
Ryu: Works at 145% but delay jab 2

Last edited:

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Hello. I am a traveling warrior looking for my Smash 4 main(s). As a part of my journey, I will be visiting all the character’s social threads who I think I might main. So, hi! To add some substance to my post, what do you think about character socials? I think they are a great way to talk with fellow people who play the character and learn more about the character as well as being able to chill and talk about stuff irl.

:luigi:Hope to talk with you again!

Top Bottom