• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social All Range Mode!

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I still prefer Jim Walker, but Mike West sounds a lot better in SF0 then he does in Smash 4.

This actually put me at ease about the controls.

Last edited:

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
It was a joke. >-< Sorry...

In any case... I know that he's fast, has plenty of combo options, and the basics, but not enough to really encompass anything other than that in a paragraph or two about Fox. I'm looking to work on a match-up summary of him versus Charizard, and to start off, I need a summary of Fox's options as a character, some of his strengths and weaknesses, and everything necessary. Also, if anyone feels like Fox's options haven't been summed up as well as they could be, the link to the discussion is here.
http://smashboards.com/threads/charizard-matchup-discussion-fox.408787/

Don't feel like you can't voice your thoughts, it helps both characters and their players anyways.

HonorH

Smash Rookie
So I can consistently get the FF Fair at around 70-80%. What are the things I can do (assuming most of them miss the tech timing window for it) besides utilt-utilt-utilt-utilt-utilt-nair - dash grab to continue the string/combo?

I know you can jab lock with forward tilt but the timing for it seems weird to me. Any tips?

Foster J.

Smash Ace
The Zelda mains are real, oh lord and maker.

Gratz on top 3 though, Peach has always been sort of a cockblocker for spacies though haha

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

I just posted this to miiverse:

Thanks for all your efforts, Mr. Iwata. The announcement hit me pretty hard today. My heart goes out to his family, friend, co-workers, and of course, us, as the fans that played his games.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

I just posted this to miiverse:

Thanks for all your efforts, Mr. Iwata. The announcement hit me pretty hard today. My heart goes out to his family, friend, co-workers, and of course, us, as the fans that played his games.
May I use this for a compilation?

M@v

Subarashii!
Any of you Foxes abusing Twisting Fire Fox with me at EVO besides Larry, Nakat, and Shofu? If so I want to meet up >;3

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
I really want to go to an American major at some point next year but I wanna go to something which still has PM...

So basically, Paragon and nothing else. =[

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Is there a specific thread around here that explains how to get into Fox AND competitive Fox (or competitive play overall)? I'd really love to main the two Star Fox reps (and Lucas once I get him) but I've always kinda sucked at Smash, which is why I really wanna improve.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Is there a specific thread around here that explains how to get into Fox AND competitive Fox (or competitive play overall)? I'd really love to main the two Star Fox reps (and Lucas once I get him) but I've always kinda sucked at Smash, which is why I really wanna improve.
Getting into Fox is a touching subject, in this case I'd direct you two Fox video guides by top level players who get results with the character.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kraK1Vk16I <- Nakot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_gMCR7JV2w <- ZeRo

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Fox players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Fox and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Rhus

We're going top speed!
So I'm going to a local this weekend. Normally I refrain from playing Fox because people get super salty, but I think I'm reporting in this time.

Wish me luck. :3

EDIT: Also I know I'll be facing a Lucas main. Any tips on handling him?

Last edited:

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Shine is like one of the best moves in terms of adding ease to your movement.
When I first saw this I thought it was sarcastic.

But if you are serious I am very interested in what you have to say.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
@ M@v M@v I'll be rooting for you if I happen to see one of your matches.

Edit: SK92 did pretty good out there.

Last edited:

BradLeeTee

Smash Cadet
Just out of curiosity I'd like to know how much better or worse Fox would be in this game if he still had the back air he had in melee. It has less ko potential and wouldnt auto cancel but it being a sex kick makes it pretty dam op as well

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Just out of curiosity I'd like to know how much better or worse Fox would be in this game if he still had the back air he had in melee. It has less ko potential and wouldnt auto cancel but it being a sex kick makes it pretty dam op as well
The lasting hitbox would be nice, you'd be able to stop people even with the sour spot making it great against Lucario.
I'd probably prefer it since it would have faster frame data than the current Bair

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Hey fellow Fox mains. I have recently picked up Fox as one of my mains and I'm having fun playing as him. Learned how good his Pivot FTilt is, Fair Spiking and some kill confirms
I have one question. What combo is the best way to start a match?

Last edited:

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Hey fellow Fox mains. I have recently picked up Fox as one of my mains and I'm having fun playing as him. Learned how good his Pivot FTilt is, Fair Spiking and some kill confirms
I have one question. What combo is the best way to start a match?
I'd say Fair to Uair works on most at low percentages for a good 21 damage. Dthrow to start it, but it isn't a true combo connect into rising Fair though.

Either that or a dash attack to a turn around Utilt to a grab and then do it will work on most fast fallers.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Alright thanks for the answer. I have also thought about DThrow > Fair Spike > 3x FTilts > Bair > DA or just go simple with a slightly charged Smash Attack

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Alright thanks for the answer. I have also thought about DThrow > Fair Spike > 3x FTilts > Bair > DA or just go simple with a slightly charged Smash Attack
Getting the fair spike is harder to do from a rising Fair though and they can DI away from the Dthrow, but if you get a jab reset like that, then sure

Alternatively, instead of doing a smash attack you can do a Sweet Spot Utilt into a SH Uair, though this is very tricky to get right without practice.

Last edited:

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
I have never thought of using UTilt after the Jab Lock and then Uair. That will rack up some more percent. I will see if I can get that to work somehow. Thanks for the tip

Foster J.

Smash Ace
I have never thought of using UTilt after the Jab Lock and then Uair. That will rack up some more percent. I will see if I can get that to work somehow. Thanks for the tip
It's very hard to do a rising SH Uair though, if you know of double sticking then it's possible to do that way if C is set to attack, else you're either doing a Usmash or full jumping.

Top Bottom