• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social All Range Mode!

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Unfortunate, but at least 2 Fox players got in the top 32. :happysheep:

M@v

Subarashii!
I got 49th btw. Lost to Shel (Fox vs Luigi >.>) But to be fair I made some buster mistakes in the set so the blame's on me, and Smasher 1001 in losers (Mario). Him and are 1-1 now in sets. To be honest I felt I played really bad on stream because it was my first tourney set of the weekend, and I'm usually not one to start fast. Got 17th out of 123 teams in doubles though, and thats after losing in round 2 winners side <.<'

Both of my stream sets from Big house are on youtube...check the channel for other foxes because if they were on Tourney Locator they should be uploaded. I'll repost these in the video thread too:
Singles match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow4XmSfG4t0

Doubles (Robin game 1, Fox game 2):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUuRCQcQgMs

M@v

Subarashii!
Oh, we are talking about controllers?

I got the decals back at Apex 2015. Thats why the laser powerup sticker is so beat up. I have a starfox emblem facing leftwards too, but its from my old controller and is on its old black shell. This controller is a hybrid I made, the bottom and the majority of the buttons are from my old controller; motherboard is from a different new black controller (old one does not work properly anymore), and the top is from an older white gamecube controller; sticker was put on fresh when I rebuilt this controller a couple months ago.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Last edited:

Rhus

We're going top speed!

Woo Fox Rep.

My competition isn't terribly steep, but our smash community is really young. I aim to keep this spot or eventually climb to the number 1 spot.

Fox main forever!

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Lool, yo sick images. A PR is a good thing: being recognized by the community (however skilled) gives other players incentive to get better and be recognized themselves.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Lool, yo sick images. A PR is a good thing: being recognized by the community (however skilled) gives other players incentive to get better and be recognized themselves.
lol, our co-president made the image. I co-main Robin and have been playing him more recently so most of the matches posted online atm are my Robin.

I need to keep up with Fox practice, otherwise my execution is just so poor that I miss really important inputs. Robin is demanding in a completely different way (but both are very hard characters to play) so when I'm in "the zone" for one I find it hard to transfer to the other. I sometimes wish I played an easy character like ZSS, Mario, Luigi etc. for a bit of a break haha.

Can you tell our community is young by the lack of a Sheik main in top 5?

Rhus

We're going top speed!
So this happened to me at my last tourney. I thought it was hilarious.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
GrimTurtle repping Fox at 9th in MLG. Glad to see the character being pushed, but Larry so far has been outdoing everybody in results with Fox.

I got home from a comicon tournament just in time to see Reflex vs Ally, and watched from there. I would've liked to have seen all of he top 16 bracket, but the tourney experience +2nd place for me was worth it.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Larry will be going to Genesis 3 so let's see how far his Fox will go against the other top players (ESAM, ZeRo etc)

I'll be attending as well since its in the same city as my college. Gotta help represent Fox

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681

M@v

Subarashii!
Part of me wants to try tap jump off, but using it for 7 years is a hard thing to change up. <.<

Very sure everything I do with tap jump on (upsmash out of shield, wave bounce/b reverse edge shenanigans with upb) are doable without tap jump, but they aren't as easy, especially when your hands have a 7 year habit.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Just try to practice button jumping with tap jump still on. Then once you feel comfortable using it in your regular playstyle, try turning it off. That's what I did.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
It seems like the replay thread has reached a maximum of... links or something?

Should I just go ahead and delete all the old pre 1.10 videos or should make a "pre patch" archive for them?

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I miss having a decent blue color for Fox. The one in Brawl was kinda bland and 4 traded it out entirely for the grey Fox color.

EpicSonicLatios

Smash Apprentice
What's up fox boards! I have been lurking on these boards for over a year and I finally decided to make an account. I hope I can make some positive contributions to improving fox's meta game.

On a side note, who thinks that Star Fox Zero is worth it? I'm tempted to buy it just because it's a star fox game, but I'm really not sure if it's worth it. I'll probably just buy it anyway tho XD

M@v

Subarashii!
Although I've mained black fox since brawl, I want purple boots back as my teams/backup color :(

EPM

Smash Cadet
I play purple with all my characters and I was mad that Fox's purple outfit had him as wolf color, because I never liked Wolf (what an annoying character he was in brawl... OP F-smash). But I still play purple fox. The black jacket Fox has purple arm bands but it's not purple enough.

Top Bottom