• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All of Zelda's Options for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well, I did have an idea earlier.
It's like 0 percent likely.
But I think it'd be a nice idea.
It would satisfy the people who want transformation as well as people who want Zelda and Sheik to have four moves.
Basically, the idea involves changing Zelda and Sheik's Down B into two different types - aerial and ground. While on ground Zelda's Down B could be Light Arrows and for Sheik it could be so kind of counter thing.
However, while pressing Down B in air, Zelda and Sheik can transform.

So it'd be:

Zelda
Ground Down B: Light Arrows
Aeriel Down B: Transformation

Sheik
Ground Down B: Counter? (idk)
Ariel Down B: Transformation

With this option, Zelda and Sheik get all four direction specials to actually be an attack to satisfy those who want Light Arrows, and yet, it would still satisfy those who want the transformation.
It's a bit too complicated and a bit too late to bring it up but I think it would've made a good addition - or at least that's my opinion.
Plus the fact that it makes Zelda and Sheik way too special for the likes of others - not to say there's a problem with that.
Thats an awesome idea!!!

Melphyr

Smash Cadet
That's not a bad idea... But why not make the transformation (if it has to be in >_>) as a taunt? If kirby can lose its hats taunting, wouldn't it be better this way? Both can use all moves freely and nothing is a better taunt than: "I'm so good I can beat you without using my magic abilities" :laugh:

Oh I've got it! A different moveset for each taunt:
Up taunt: Shiek
Side taunt: Posessed Zelda
Down: Rapier Zelda

Then everybody's happy! :psycho:

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
That's not a bad idea... But why not make the transformation (if it has to be in >_>) as a taunt? If kirby can lose its hats taunting, wouldn't it be better this way? Both can use all moves freely and nothing is a better taunt than: "I'm so good I can beat you without using my magic abilities" :laugh:

Oh I've got it! A different moveset for each taunt:
Up taunt: Shiek
Side taunt: Posessed Zelda
Down: Rapier Zelda

Then everybody's happy! :psycho:
Hmm I never thought about that..It could work.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Yes, yes, the idea hit me while I was playing Melee yesterday.
I was fighting a Fox computer (I have no friends that play Smash :/) and while in a star KO, I jumped up and pressed Down B rather than just doing it on ground.
That was where I got my inspiration from.
And if it happens to be incorporated, I will kill myself.
But I don't see it happening.
Even though I love it so. :]

Luthien

Smash Ace
All-right! I've finished putting in the probabilities for the Final Smash section! Check that out, if you please.

Feel free to discuss those... I'm almost done editing the General Opinion list (first post), too, so I'll let you know when that's done as well.

Melphyr

Smash Cadet
Nice thread!

Hmm..almost everything covered!! But how about something else?
Since it's speculation time I present you with:

Soul Giver!!!!

What is this?!
Basicly Zelda vanishes giving her soul to one of the opponents (a cursor could appear on the icons as she vanishes, so you can choose the one to give your soul to), then all Zelda's percentage damage is given that enemy (maybe double damage ^.^), while Zelda's damage metter goes down to 0%.
Afterwards Zelda comes out in front of them and does some triforce animation (like her neutral ground animation but with a trifoce symbol) damage to finish them of!!
This while screaming "Yes it's overpowerd, but that's what I get for no dojo updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Or she could just play Zelda's lullaby in the ocarina of time and gain one extra stock :psycho:

Well odd ideas don't hurt...

blink777

Smash Journeyman
My god, this would make me ridiculously happy. If only the devs had this idea...

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Ok heres an idea
might not be very good but OH WELL!

ok you know how it is OBVIOUS that in most of the legend of zelda games your main mission as link is to save zelda.
that being said what if Zelda's fs is
1.Zelda brings out an Ocarina, plays a lil song, disappears in a rift, and link is summoned and you play as link until he dies but it doesn't effect Zelda's life points at all and she comes back to the battle

2. Zelda brings out an Ocarina, plays a lil song which summons link to help you in battle but wait the sword link is holding! yes, you didn't just summon link you summoned 4 links and they are there to whoop butt along side you,, well until they die that is.

Just imagine if your playing one on one and you get the smash ball, your opps going to **** themselves b/c most FS have a time limit but with zelda's its not your job to hurry up and try to ko your opp.
after you get the smash ball your only job is to point and laugh b/c you know your opp is so screwed.

now i guess if this FS is to powerful heres how you could make it a lil fair:
1.lower CPs of the links
2.if your op loses a life one link disappears
3.they can be handicaped

what would make this totaly unfair is if after you consumed a smash ball and the links are all acounted for
is if another smash ball appeared and one of the links used it on the opp. XD
or if you get the smash ball again you summon 4 more links either way the PWNAGE would be real :3

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Ok heres an idea
might not be very good but OH WELL!

ok you know how it is OBVIOUS that in most of the legend of zelda games your main mission as link is to save zelda.
that being said what if Zelda's fs is
1.Zelda brings out an Ocarina, plays a lil song, disappears in a rift, and link is summoned and you play as link until he dies but it doesn't effect Zelda's life points at all and she comes back to the battle

2. Zelda brings out an Ocarina, plays a lil song which summons link to help you in battle but wait the sword link is holding! yes, you didn't just summon link you summoned 4 links and they are there to whoop butt along side you,, well until they die that is.

Just imagine if your playing one on one and you get the smash ball, your opps going to **** themselves b/c most FS have a time limit but with zelda's its not your job to hurry up and try to ko your opp.
after you get the smash ball your only job is to point and laugh b/c you know your opp is so screwed.

now i guess if this FS is to powerful heres how you could make it a lil fair:
1.lower CPs of the links
2.if your op loses a life one link disappears
3.they can be handicaped

what would make this totaly unfair is if after you consumed a smash ball and the links are all acounted for
is if another smash ball appeared and one of the links used it on the opp. XD
or if you get the smash ball again you summon 4 more links either way the PWNAGE would be real :3
The first one: Why would you want to play as Link lol....But it's still nice since it doesnt affect her.

Second: Seems a bit like Pits and DeDeDe's FS but they're still good ideas :).

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Zero dress Zelda uh i'm not sure I want to see that. Anywho having a taunt that transforms Zelda to Sheik is actually a pretty nice idea. Especially since it would help prevent me from pressing down b on accident (don't ask lol) all I have do is avoid that taunt. If they implemented that idea it would make me happy as long as the overshadowing doesn't occur again.

As for the summoning Link FS's I don't know if I like that idea. Don't get me wrong it's a good idea and I love playing as Link but it sorta makes it seem that Zelda is being the helpless damsel in distress once again and can't fight her own battles. Which in Brawl is not the case. Also what happens when your already against 3 Links there will be so many Links on screen could get pretty hectic.:laugh:

Though I have always been a fan of Link and Zelda teaming up.:)

Oh yeah and Luthien nice work with updating this thread I would be way to lazy to do that.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
The first one: Why would you want to play as Link lol....But it's still nice since it doesnt affect her.

Second: Seems a bit like Pits and DeDeDe's FS but they're still good ideas :).
actually they would be totally diff

in pits FS platuna orders her soldiers to attack in which they only have one attack and there dead ending your opp.s stress
but with 4 links they would have endless attacks and the only way to get rid of them would be to kill them. keeping the stress on the opp. when he/she re spawns they know there not going to have a chance.

now with say with a 4 way brawl the 4 links would pick off the weak or less exp. player while you can hunt whom ever you please with out being interrupted

depends on how you would play it.
I would prob. invest in the links, for say if that brand new team healing item just popped up, and one of my links were about to lose a life . bing they have healing goodness.

hmm zelda was featured using that item wasn't she?!?!

anyways it could add some more strategy to this already AWESOME GAME!! WOO HOO!

either way there would be serious PWNAGE :3 <(^_^<)

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Zero dress Zelda uh i'm not sure I want to see that. Anywho having a taunt that transforms Zelda to Sheik is actually a pretty nice idea. Especially since it would help prevent me from pressing down b on accident (don't ask lol) all I have do is avoid that taunt. If they implemented that idea it would make me happy as long as the overshadowing doesn't occur again.

As for the summoning Link FS's I don't know if I like that idea. Don't get me wrong it's a good idea and I love playing as Link but it sorta makes it seem that Zelda is being the helpless damsel in distress once again and can't fight her own battles. Which in Brawl is not the case. Also what happens when your already against 3 Links there will be so many Links on screen and would be pretty hectic.:laugh:

Though I have always been a fan of Link and Zelda teaming up.:)

0o0o0o Idea!!

each of zelda's links could have annoying fairies following them

link and the fairies ... who knew :laugh:

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
0o0o0o Idea!!

each of zelda's links could have annoying fairies following them

link and the fairies ... who knew :laugh:

Oh no the possibility of it being Navi and her screaming listen, hey, look, etc would make me just want to kill myself in order for them to leave.:laugh:

Nice idea though I guess it would seperate them from other Link's since they would be freaking annoying compared to the others. I would feel bad for Zelda's Link's.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Oh no the possibility of it being Navi and her screaming listen, hey, look, etc would make me just want to kill myself in order for them to leave.:laugh:

Nice idea though I guess it would seperate them from other Link's since they would be freaking annoying compared to the others. I would feel bad for Zelda's Link's.
yes :ohwell: unfortunately the fairies would be the handicap :p its a cryen shame

Luthien

Smash Ace
I smell an assist trophy... ;)
Oh, no. No. NO. PLEASE NO.

"HEY! LISTEN!"

That should be Zelda's Final Smash: She summons dozens of faries which fill the stage, sceaming "Hey! Listen!" as loud as they can. All your opponents would instantly die. Not get KO'd. Die. As in, covered with blood, corpses laying on the ground, dead; you could no longer play as them. And yes, Brawls ESRB rating would go to M (vital organs would appear, eyeballs fall out, etc...).

Kidding, duh.

To all: Good ideas! However, I've sadly decided to stop adding most thoughts to the list. :( Too much schoolwork, and if I don't have too much work to do, I'm just too lazy. They'll still be there for all to see, though! If I see anything that could actually be in Brawl and people aren't just toying with (sorry, I don't think the taunt is too likely...:() I may add them.

But right now, I'd just like to finish working with what I have. I am going to rate the Alternate Special probabilities soon (like stun, knockback, etc...). When it gets done depends entirely on how much homework my teacher assigns. *Shakes fist in general area of school defiantly* Oh, and behold my new signature! Thank you, -spAzn-!

blink777

Smash Journeyman
That should be Zelda's Final Smash: She summons dozens of faries which fill the stage, sceaming "Hey! Listen!" as loud as they can. All your opponents would instantly die. Not get KO'd. Die. As in, covered with blood, corpses laying on the ground, dead; you could no longer play as them.
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

To all: Good ideas! However, I've sadly decided to stop adding most thoughts to the list. :( Too much schoolwork, and if I don't have too much work to do, I'm just too lazy.
Oh well. Can't thank you enough for the amount of work you've put into the thread though. It's been great.

Oh, and behold my new signature! Thank you, -spAzn-!
Lovin' it, especially the Light-Arrow-iness of it all. Great work, -spAzn-! Crazy how we both get sigs at like the exact same time though O_o.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
That should be Zelda's Final Smash: She summons dozens of faries which fill the stage, sceaming "Hey! Listen!" as loud as they can. All your opponents would instantly die. Not get KO'd. Die. As in, covered with blood, corpses laying on the ground, dead; you could no longer play as them. And yes, Brawls ESRB rating would go to M (vital organs would appear, eyeballs fall out, etc...).
Haha!

Zelda has just grabbed the smash ball. WARNING: FAIRIES MAY ERASE CHARACTERS OFF THE GAME DISK, COMPLETELY!

Zelda obviously used her Final Smash on herself and Sakurai is still trying to recover her, explaining her lack of updates.

ZELDA DE-CONFIRMED! D:

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Oh, no. No. NO. PLEASE NO.

"HEY! LISTEN!"

Quoted for hilariousness. That made my night. :chuckle: Also the thread was an interesting read. I'll be interested to see what they actually *do* with Zelda overall.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Zelda obviously used her Final Smash on herself and Sakurai is still trying to recover her, explaining her lack of updates.

ZELDA DE-CONFIRMED! D:
Wow, I actually lol'd at that. Good work, that was flippin' hilarious.

And sorry to continue the sig talk, but I absolutely love yours, Blobulator.

Luthien

Smash Ace
UPDATE: I did the probabilities for the Alternate Specials! I hope you like them. If you have suggestions let me know! I've decided to keep this thread's information somewhat new until at least the next Zelda update, or the game comes out (whichever comes first...).

And with that: TOMATO!! *Runs away*

Luthien

Smash Ace
UPDATE: I edited the likelihoods based on WHAT HAS BEEN ACTUALLY CONFIRMED.

Meaning: Only the Light Arrow FS is 10/10. And the Light Arrow Special Attack has been reduced significantly, along with all the other FS ideas.

Anyway, I'd like to see some taunt ideas, since that doesn't seem like an issue which will bring up any controversy.

Mine: Zelda does the Malo Mart dance for a few seconds. With sound effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom