• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All of Zelda's Options for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
ok now that iv read the entire thread

FS triforce idea: zelda summons the three goddesses in which one of them is randomly selected each one would give zelda a different FS for example
one goddess would give zelda her arrows, one would give give her a blessed rapier,
and one would give her the ray of light

the arrows and the rapier would give zelda diff move sets

ok. I know I know

Im bringing back the arrow thing that was being discussed on page 2

if down and B would be to have a bow simply change the move sets accordingly
reg A would be rapid arrows doing low damage passing through enemies
with no knock back same with up A
Down A would consist of her striking the bow to the ground creating sparks
same with a charged smash down A but bigger
smash A fully charged Fast Arrow med damage with high stun [since its easy to get out of a stun i dont think it will hardly make a difference but oh well]
Same for smash up
Ariel side A semi charged arrow with med knock back med damage
Ariel back A lightning kick but as it is performed the bow will thrust backward damaging those behind her
Ariel A spins with bow in hand damaging those around her
Ariel down A Aims bow downward to unleash a devastating meteor arrow

B small arrows with small knock no damage but when charged ubber arrow with uuber of knock back but no damage :)
smash B a melee combo with the bow maybe equivalent to marths dance

up and B zelda hold the bow to her chest as she spins into her reg up and B to lazy to look it up

and down B would go back to no bow

pros.
1.fast attacks
2. good way to put some distance between you and your opp
3.would look AWESOME

cons to all of this would be
1. low damage attacks
2. wide open spaces!

and there maybe more cons than pros but yeah :-l

Luthien

Smash Ace
Idk if this has been brought up but does anyone else see that dagger looking thing in Zelda's hand? I noticed it when he updated the melee stages but I just got around to posting it...I think its just a taunt though.

Sorry, airgemini, but this is not a confirmaiton thread. :( Would you mind editing your post to say something that has to do with the topic? You know, give me an idea, or add something to what I've already done (the final smashes section is in desperate need).

That's a good question that has already been brought up. Try to find the thread it was first brought up in and mention it there, ok? It's just I really want to keep this thread from becoming a debate thread. This thread's purpose is to be a place where people can post their ideas/opinions WHICH THEY KNOW ARE NOT FACT (there's a fact thread already started by RyokoYaksa) and no one is trying to prove that they're right. This is just supposed to be a place where everyone can tell where everybody else is thinking without having to scan through five-hundred pages of a thread.

@ Mediator: Thank you! I appreciate that you enjoy my hard *cough* work! I'll put your idea in the FS section (once again, summarised). Very nice. I don't really think I have anything to add. Sadly, I don't think it's incredibly likely, but it fit's well with the rest of the options. Thanks again.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I think that the idea of Zelda having no time limit on her light arrow Final Smash is perfectly reasonable. Other Final Smashes have a time limit already, but there is no limit on the amount of power they can unleash in that time. Zelda's Final Smash has the limit of ammunition instead. I think it would really put the other players on edge, because they're not going to get plowed over by some godlike existence, but they certainly aren't safe either. It also forces the Zelda player to play cautiously, too. She doesn't become a sort of invulnerable entity, like Fox or Bowser. She is just as easily killed and avoided as Zelda without the Final Smash.

Well, I'm glad you appreciate our efforts :). Also, I'm sorry if I seemed a bit rude, I simply felt quick to defend my point on Zelda's FS.
I'm not sure if all that was directed at me but i'm assuming it was. So it's cool your post didn't sound rude at all. I see where your coming from I just thought that you meant she was limited to four arrows and has like 10 seconds to use them or something like that. Now that you explained it a bit more I see the reason for her being limited so it makes sense. Also it would make her different and that's always a good thing.:)

Luthien

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if all that was directed at me but i'm assuming it was. So it's cool your post didn't sound rude at all. I see where your coming from I just thought that you meant she was limited to four arrows and has like 10 seconds to use them or something like that. Now that you explained it a bit more I see the reason for her being limited so it makes sense. Also it would make her different and that's always a good thing.:)
It was directed at you. And I'm assuming you've looked at post #24. That explains pretty much everything.

So, any ideas from YOU? *Stares* I really want the Final Smash section to be as detailed as the Alternate Special section. I DEMAND SUGGESTIONS (Joking, of course). Really, though; look at it! I makes me want to cry...

Fine, that is the last time I ask for other ideas, because I'm sure it's starting to get annoying by now. Heeheeheee...

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I just had the horrible thought that her Final Smash would be her praying to recover all her damage... Gargh... think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts...

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
It was directed at you. And I'm assuming you've looked at post #24. That explains pretty much everything.

So, any ideas from YOU? *Stares* I really want the Final Smash section to be as detailed as the Alternate Special section. I DEMAND SUGGESTIONS (Joking, of course). Really, though; look at it! I makes me want to cry...

Fine, that is the last time I ask for other ideas, because I'm sure it's starting to get annoying by now. Heeheeheee...
Ah yes *runs to go reread it* I just reread post #24 and now it make even more sense especially since your right about her being the mindgames type of player so thank you. Though again I thought it was limited time and arrows which is what made me all confused in the first place by thinking it wasn't fair. So it's all cleared up now.:)

As for ideas um well I don't have any (please don't hurt me) but I will try to come up with some I hope. Though some reason I have a feeling it's going to be similiar to Link's. His was entirely made up based on the Triforce of Courage. So I can see Zelda's being made up based on the Triforce of Wisdom and magic rather then physical force. Maybe trapping them inside shooting a light beam or light arrows or whatever else that make sense for her to do. Doing Zeldajitsu or something like that. Some reason when I said that an image of a giant Zelda popped into my head doing a giant lightning kick to everyone and they died :laugh:. Though really all I was doing was adding to option 10 so yeah that's all I got.

Also praying for a FS I already didn't like that taunt much now it's a FS I will slap her if that happens. No i'm just kidding I would be pretty disapointed though.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Thanks spAzn. I updated again with that idea... well not the giant Zelda one, but the Triforce option. I agree with you regarding the prayer idea. At any rate, it's nice to know you understand about the Light Arrow thing. My work here is done... for NOW.

I may or may not tackle the Sheik options soon... nah. That can be covered in the official Sheik thread (do we even have one?). I've gone into as much detail as I'm willing to. Perhaps something else is in store? Hmm... Have a nice day, everyone.

Luthien

Smash Ace
I think im being ignored @_@

oh well im used to it
once I was left on the table by my family when i was a baby while they went to town
no joke
Aah! I feel so bad... but I didn't ignore you! Take a look at post 42. Sorry, I know it's hard to see because of the response above it. I promise, I'll make my responses to you nice and noticable from now on... except for this one. ;)

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Aah! I feel so bad... but I didn't ignore you! Take a look at post 42. Sorry, I know it's hard to see because of the response above it. I promise, I'll make my responses to you nice and noticable from now on... except for this one. ;)
Oh please doo

when someone posts a picture my eyes just go right to the pic. and then i read the first sent under the pic and if it doesn't apply to my response i move on lol :dizzy:

and i highly doubt she will have her arrows at all for this ssb
why fix something thats not broken?

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Zelda being broken in her utter terrible'ness (I still love 'er). I believe broken originally meant "not working properly" or something like that :p .
so what your saying is that Zelda's move sets are broken b/c that is what we are essentially talking about.

as for sheik she is as she was described in the manual

"A mysterious warrior whose moves allow her to flow across battle fields"

but this isn't a sheik thread its a Zelda thread

I was talking about Zelda's move sets when i made the comment "Why fix something thats not broken"

So yeah:p

Luthien

Smash Ace
and i highly doubt she will have her arrows at all for this ssb
why fix something thats not broken?
It was broken. Horribly. Here, give me a minute. I'll edit my post in a minute and I'll tell you where you can find the conversation where we discussed why the down-b transformation didn't work out.

While you wait, here's a summarised version:

Nintendo tried to make it so that both Zelda and Sheik could fight on their own and win.
Nintendo also tried to make it so that both Zelda and Sheik would need to depend on each other to win.
They couldn't possibly do both, so the idea didn't work backfired awefully.
Sheik was a result of their first goal.
Zelda was the result of their second.
That's why it's Sheik > Zelda in Melee.

EDIT: Take a look in the Zelda Appreciation Thread and find posts 153, 159, and 160. That should help.

Drake3

Smash Ace
The idea is still running in my head and trying to figure itself out, but what if she used the Triforce to split apart her alter-egos? The Triforce would appear around her, Zelda would emerge from the one on top, and Tetra and Sheik would appear out of the two bottom pieces. They would be controlled by CPU's I guess and Zelda would be a team of 3 for a while. It would destroy all traces of logic, but I think it'd be a unique Final Smash.

Luthien

Smash Ace
The idea is still running in my head and trying to figure itself out, but what if she used the Triforce to split apart her alter-egos? The Triforce would appear around her, Zelda would emerge from the one on top, and Tetra and Sheik would appear out of the two bottom pieces. They would be controlled by CPU's I guess and Zelda would be a team of 3 for a while. It would destroy all traces of logic, but I think it'd be a unique Final Smash.
Um... not to pick on you, Drake, but that's kind of... um, weird? (I'm trying to find a better word as I type... no, not getting anything.) Yeah, weird. Oh well. It's definitely unique.

Now, a couple of questions.

1) Likelihood?

2) Sheik? TETRA? I liked the splitting a lot, but cel-shading doesn't go over well with TP, agreed? I like the way it compensates for the alter-ego stuff, but why not have Zelda make three Zelda clones? You know: Triforce appears in background, Zelda standing in front of the non-gold part, three new Zelda's appear, and they all attack with you. Only, instead of the Popo/Nana relationship taken to a new level, the CPU's are programmed to divide and conquer (unless it's a one on one battle, of course). Eventually, Zeldas would get mixed up, and your enemies wouldn't know which one would be you. Mind games. FREAKY mind games.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Sorry, airgemini, but this is not a confirmaiton thread. :( Would you mind editing your post to say something that has to do with the topic? You know, give me an idea, or add something to what I've already done (the final smashes section is in desperate need).

That's a good question that has already been brought up. Try to find the thread it was first brought up in and mention it there, ok? It's just I really want to keep this thread from becoming a debate thread. This thread's purpose is to be a place where people can post their ideas/opinions WHICH THEY KNOW ARE NOT FACT (there's a fact thread already started by RyokoYaksa) and no one is trying to prove that they're right. This is just supposed to be a place where everyone can tell where everybody else is thinking without having to scan through five-hundred pages of a thread.

@ Mediator: Thank you! I appreciate that you enjoy my hard *cough* work! I'll put your idea in the FS section (once again, summarised). Very nice. I don't really think I have anything to add. Sadly, I don't think it's incredibly likely, but it fit's well with the rest of the options. Thanks again.

I'm sorry....Ummm well I dont have any good ideas because I dont really know the franchise well :(....But maybe for her FS she could...Make everybody die and it'll recover all of her health? I know, it sucks lol.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
It was broken. Horribly. Here, give me a minute. I'll edit my post in a minute and I'll tell you where you can find the conversation where we discussed why the down-b transformation didn't work out.

While you wait, here's a summarised version:

Nintendo tried to make it so that both Zelda and Sheik could fight on their own and win.
Nintendo also tried to make it so that both Zelda and Sheik would need to depend on each other to win.
They couldn't possibly do both, so the idea didn't work backfired awefully.
Sheik was a result of their first goal.
Zelda was the result of their second.
That's why it's Sheik > Zelda in Melee.

EDIT: Take a look in the Zelda Appreciation Thread and find posts 153, 159, and 160. That should help.
hm im not talking about the char.s themselves im talking about their move sets
but now i am s0o0o0o0o0o confused :dizzy: its not even worth my time

and ouch my brain hurts

ouch

Moving on lol

could her FS be that she summons the sages to attack her foes like minions
[i looked up Zelda on wiki and couldn't find out what group she is the leader of but in know it has something to do with magic AND MY BRAIN STILL HURTS!!] ouch :urg:

Luthien

Smash Ace
hm im not talking about the char.s themselves im talking about their move sets
but now i am s0o0o0o0o0o confused :dizzy: its not even worth my time

and ouch my brain hurts

ouch

Moving on lol

could her FS be that she summons the sages to attack her foes like minions
[i looked up Zelda on wiki and couldn't find out what group she is the leader of but in know it has something to do with magic AND MY BRAIN STILL HURTS!!] ouch :urg:
Sorry. I assumed you ment the down-b part of the moveset... hehe... oops. ^^'

And yes, the Six Sages is a possibility (we don't know if TP Zelda's the leader of the TP sages, but that's a possibility, seeing as how OoT Zelda was their leader). I'll put that in. Thank you. Actually, I really like that idea. I REALLY like it! Ooh, so many things going on in my head because of that idea... now MY brain hurts.

CHECK FOR THE UPDATE, PEOPLE!

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Well, this isn't my first time in this thread anyway. I always pop in and read, I just never post in here. Until now. I've subscribed. Yay :D

Anyway, I think, after all options have pretty much been covered, you could check off the possibility of that option and see if it can even happen at all. It would be a nice add on. But, seeing as we are about 3-ish weeks from Japan's release, if it doesn't happen now, it might not ever happen. :]

Luthien

Smash Ace
Well, this isn't my first time in this thread anyway. I always pop in and read, I just never post in here. Until now. I've subscribed. Yay :D

Anyway, I think, after all options have pretty much been covered, you could check off the possibility of that option and see if it can even happen at all. It would be a nice add on. But, seeing as we are about 3-ish weeks from Japan's release, if it doesn't happen now, it might not ever happen. :]
Check off the possibility of what option? :confused::psycho: Sorry, I'm on a cream soda/popcorn/Bleach high, I don't understand most things at this point. Could you make that more simple please? Do you mean rate each opinion regarding likelihood? What is the meaning of life? Do you like the colour orange? Why -- gah! Sorry, like I said, cream soda/popcorn/Bleach high...

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I'm on a cream soda/popcorn/Bleach high
I'm afraid to ask...

As for the latest FS ideas:

- I'm a mild fan of both Drake's and Luthien's versions of the Triforce-splitting idea. Of course, Tetra would need a non-cell shaded design upgrade to fit. Neither variations are really very likely, but I wouldn't take a gun to my head if they happened.

- I like the Sages idea even more, but I would by far prefer the OoT sages over the TP ones. Those were just so... uninspired, and I much prefer a group of varied individuals who really reflect their "element". Good thinking!

Luthien

Smash Ace
I'm afraid to ask...
The anime, not the liquid (just thought I'd let you know, unless you already did... and are afraid to ask anyway... hehehehehehehehehehehehehe...).

As for the latest FS ideas:

- I'm a mild fan of both Drake's and Luthien's versions of the Triforce-splitting idea. Of course, Tetra would need a non-cell shaded design upgrade to fit. Neither variations are really very likely, but I wouldn't take a gun to my head if they happened.

- I like the Sages idea even more, but I would by far prefer the OoT sages over the TP ones. Those were just so... uninspired, and I much prefer a group of varied individuals who really reflect their "element". Good thinking!
I know about the OoT sages/TP sages thing; it's just, with TP Zelda, we're kind of screwed. But, you'd rather have Ruto... really? I don't have strong feelings towards her either way, but some people really seem to HATE her... a LOT... anyway, yes, I'd rather have the element attack thing too. So. Kick. A--er... butt.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Check off the possibility of what option? :confused::psycho: Sorry, I'm on a cream soda/popcorn/Bleach high, I don't understand most things at this point. Could you make that more simple please? Do you mean rate each opinion regarding likelihood? What is the meaning of life? Do you like the colour orange? Why -- gah! Sorry, like I said, cream soda/popcorn/Bleach high...
Yes, I mean like rate them on likelihood. The Meaning of life is four. I do like the color orange. And because.

I'm afraid to ask...
I'm going to go ahead and assume the Anime Bleach. And if he/she means otherwise, then I'd rather not know the answer.

The TP sages bored me. I loved the OoT ones so much compared to those of TP. The TP ones just look like a bunch of old-men-bodied spirits with floating masks on. I tend to prefer elementals anway so there's no wonder I prefer OoT.

I know about the OoT sages/TP sages thing; it's just, with TP Zelda, we're kind of screwed. But, you'd rather have Ruto... really? I don't have strong feelings towards her either way, but some people really seem to HATE her... a LOT... anyway, yes, I'd rather have the element attack thing too. So. Kick. A--er... butt.
I loved Princess Ruto. 8D She was my favorite of the sages. :]]] She was second to the old man sage... it's an obsession... don't ask. (Joking)

Luthien

Smash Ace
Yes, I mean like rate them on likelihood.
**************. So much WOORRRKKKKK... I've been avoiding that for quite some time. Dishonour on you for bringing it up...

The Meaning of life is four.
Yes, yes. I know. Just testing you.

I do like the color orange.
But of course.

And because.
Exactly.

I'm going to go ahead and assume the Anime Bleach. And if he/she means otherwise, then I'd rather not know the answer.
He. Luthien is a elf woman from Middle-Earth. I am a guy. Somehow, it works out. (Really, I just chose the name because Tom Bombadil is too long for my tastes, and just Bombadil on it's own isn't the same ;)).

The TP sages bored me. I loved the OoT ones so much compared to those of TP. The TP ones just look like a bunch of old-men-bodied spirits with floating masks on. I tend to prefer elementals anway so there's no wonder I prefer OoT.
Yeah, yeah, logic, whatever. I don't have to listen to that. If they're in, they're probably gonna be TP :p.

I loved Princess Ruto. 8D She was my favorite of the sages. :]]] She was second to the old man sage... it's an obsession... don't ask. (Joking)
Generally, when people said "Don't ask", I would. Then I met a Skandar Keynes obsessed freak and an obsessive compulsive moron, and I learned it was generaly better/safer not to ask. So I'll resist the urge.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
**************. So much WOORRRKKKKK... I've been avoiding that for quite some time. Dishonour on you for bringing it up...
I'll help you. :] I'm pretty sure others would help as well. We could split it into chunks and we could toss opinions as well. Either way, I enjoy the dishonour >:]

Yes, yes. I know. Just testing you.
Or were you?

But of course.
But what if I was lying.

Precisely.

He. Luthien is a elf woman from Middle-Earth. I am a guy. Somehow, it works out. (Really, I just chose the name because Tom Bombadil is too long for my tastes, and just Bombadil on it's own isn't the same ;)).
My life makes sense now! Thank you very much. :] Although Bombadil would make it much more clever.

Yeah, yeah, logic, whatever. I don't have to listen to that. If they're in, they're probably gonna be TP :p.
Oh well. They're all ugly anyway.

Generally, when people said "Don't ask", I would. Then I met a Skandar Keynes obsessed freak and an obsessive compulsive moron, and I learned it was generaly better/safer not to ask. So I'll resist the urge.
Wise choice. :]

Luthien

Smash Ace
i was thinking something about the great fairy. but no. i decided that she hasn't really anything to do with zelda.
wish i could help though.
Keep thinking! Everyone can contribute somehow! *Holds up sign: "Uncle Luthien wants YOU"*

To everyone! Notices:

I'm going to start working on probabilities soon, thanks to that gosh-darned Hipsterkid. A couple of things:
1)This will take time. Somewhere between fifteen minutes---Feb. 10th.
2)I'm not including Sheik probabilities. All of the possibilities are ASSUMING SHEIK IS OUT. Why would this be? Pick a thread, ANY thread... you'll see.
3) If you don't agree with my thoughts, feel free to post your opinion. THERE MUST BE SOME LOGIC INVOLVED.

Help? Ok. Hipsterkid, you can do it! *Walks away*. No, really, there are some people I can trust to help, and some I can trust to spam. Don't post probabilities if I don't PM you, please. If you want to help, you can edit after we're done. Sorry if you feel left out, but I'm taking no chances. If you weren't PM'd, don't be offended, I was torn-- believe me, but I could only choose three/four others. Who knows, I may need more. Thanks again.

Next up: "Irked." So much fun to say. Not so much fun to feel. Do not post anything that doesn't have to do with this thread. I'm rather happy; I've only had one issue with this, and it was nothing serious. You people have been great.

January 24th: I'm not gonna be here. There will be no updates/etc from me. I'd rather see the new Zelda with my own eyes than have it spoiled for me. Sorry. :(

That's about it. Thank you for your support, everyone! :)

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Sorry I took so long. I had some laundry to attend to *laughs loudly, looks around, stops, and clears throat*.

Anyway,

Yay! Thanks to Gosh-darned me, we're getting a rating system! :D ^_^ Woohoo!.

However, I do have a concern. Well, quite frankly, school is starting again next week. It shouldn't be too bad for the first week. Helping out with the rating will be simple enough as long as I don't get too much work. However, being 15 and taking a college chemistry and college pre-calculus (plus six other high school classes) is not easy. I might not be able to help all that much. I will still try my best! And I will still maintain what I have of a social life! *counts all friends on one hand*

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I'm a fan of the Down-B Rapier Moveset Option, but it doesn't seem likely. Although it would make her very unique, which is something she seems to be lacking in this edition.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
she could use some magic thingy and get her and the sages to lock everyone in the scarced realm.
only if someone would help me go into greater detail what the sacred relam would be like , like change the stage into a passage of time which slows everyone down? or does something else? every help.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
she could use some magic thingy and get her and the sages to lock everyone in the scarced realm.
only if someone would help me go into greater detail what the sacred relam would be like , like change the stage into a passage of time which slows everyone down? or does something else? every help.
oo oo yeah every one could be taken to the sacred realm and the sages could beat up on the opp.
while zelda goes and gets the golden triforce and when you get it you have the options of A take away 1 life from each opp or B acquire the lives you have taken . so say youve killed
6 then you get six lives

mu ha ha ha ha

i like it :3 yes

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Well, I did have an idea earlier.
It's like 0 percent likely.
But I think it'd be a nice idea.
It would satisfy the people who want transformation as well as people who want Zelda and Sheik to have four moves.
Basically, the idea involves changing Zelda and Sheik's Down B into two different types - aerial and ground. While on ground Zelda's Down B could be Light Arrows and for Sheik it could be so kind of counter thing.
However, while pressing Down B in air, Zelda and Sheik can transform.

So it'd be:

Zelda
Ground Down B: Light Arrows
Aeriel Down B: Transformation

Sheik
Ground Down B: Counter? (idk)
Ariel Down B: Transformation

With this option, Zelda and Sheik get all four direction specials to actually be an attack to satisfy those who want Light Arrows, and yet, it would still satisfy those who want the transformation.
It's a bit too complicated and a bit too late to bring it up but I think it would've made a good addition - or at least that's my opinion.
Plus the fact that it makes Zelda and Sheik way too special for the likes of others - not to say there's a problem with that.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Well, I did have an idea earlier.
It's like 0 percent likely.
But I think it'd be a nice idea.
It would satisfy the people who want transformation as well as people who want Zelda and Sheik to have four moves.
Basically, the idea involves changing Zelda and Sheik's Down B into two different types - aerial and ground. While on ground Zelda's Down B could be Light Arrows and for Sheik it could be so kind of counter thing.
However, while pressing Down B in air, Zelda and Sheik can transform.

So it'd be:

Zelda
Ground Down B: Light Arrows
Aeriel Down B: Transformation

Sheik
Ground Down B: Counter? (idk)
Ariel Down B: Transformation

With this option, Zelda and Sheik get all four direction specials to actually be an attack to satisfy those who want Light Arrows, and yet, it would still satisfy those who want the transformation.
It's a bit too complicated and a bit too late to bring it up but I think it would've made a good addition - or at least that's my opinion.
Plus the fact that it makes Zelda and Sheik way too special for the likes of others - not to say there's a problem with that.
Are you god? That is a fantastic idea! Shame the changes of it's implementation are, as you said pretty much nil, but even thinking about that option made me a very happy smasher!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom