• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Interesting. I didn't know that. Well, that seems the right direction to go.

This way Villager could represent Balloon Fighter (UP B), Mii (face changes), and Punch Out (boxing gloves) without including them as actual fighters. :)

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
I can't even imagine a Pac Man moveset.

Every time I try to close my eyes an imagine one, I see a pixelated blob of mustard eating white dots.
If you've ever played Pac-Man World 2/3 for the GC/PS2 there are moves that Pac Man does that can easily be translated to Super Smash Brothers, assuming they use a 3d model rather than the 2d model i'm praying they DON'T use.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ghirahim would now be competing with Villager for staple Maniac Psycho of the roster.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Mario, Sonic, Pacman and Mega Man in the same game would be pretty damn unreal

It would be beyond unreal. Those 4 are arguably the most iconic characters to ever grace a Nintendo console. Soooo much history between those 4.

Megaman was a great reveal but having Pacman as well would be the icing on the cake for this game.

Mii's on the other hand... I'll just keep my mouth shut on that one.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just have one thing to say:

My first impression is that the odds of someone expecting the Wii Fit Trainer are so ridiculously low that this theory has some serious credibility...yet...since the Villager is using Little Mac's gloves at one point, one of the other characters in the list, Little Mac, seems unlikely to appear...making the list far less credible...

SO, WHAT IS REAL? I CAN'T EVEN! WHY IS ALPHABET SOUP SO POPULAR!??! NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANY MORE!

This concludes the one thing that I had to say. Thank you for your time.
Could be that the leaker that told this NeoGAF guy about the whole thing provided half of the characters, and the other half are fake, just to ridicule him or w/e.

Yes, those are the ridiculous counter arguments against this rumor, but ****, what can you do when someone predicts Wii Fit Trainer?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm just looking forward to taking a picture of a Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, and Pac-Man match and sending it to SmashChu. :troll:

Your "let's just be two disjointed crazy fools working together while plotting to betray each other" strategy will fail Holder, because N3ON is clearly better than you. After all, unlike you, she can pull off Heels, because unlike you, she's not a heels n00b. She even told me that herself. :troll:
Ha! Disjointed? And two people who don't even post in the same threads with one considering leaving the Moonknights aren't? :p
Plus we call each other *****, and we make fun of the characters the other supports. There's no way we're going to betray each other. :awesome:

Plus we have four members, but if you're unaware of the other two, best to keep them secret for now. Mwuahaha. :demon:

And my partner doesn't need to pull off heels, he can just hold mine, that's his specialty anyway. :troll:

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
Henceforth any one caught committing heresy against Little Mac shall replace Glass Joe in the Punch-Out!! ring.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Actually it was 2 Mario Kart arcade games, and a few other Pac-Man characters like Mrs. Pac-Man and Ghosts joined him. ;)
No, you came to yell about champion belts and call yourself number one.
I called myself #1 just like how I call MOON "MASTER" MONKEY #1, and all the members of THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT #1!!! :awesome:
She may be better than myself, and actually knows how to wear heels, but we are NOT plotting to betray each other. You are spouting lies again, like when you call yourself number 1! Plus we aren't disjointed, we work a lot better than you and Moon Monkey obviously. :awesome:
No, I'm just joking around with clown comments that was obviously a joke to make you secretly doubt yourself.

Also THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT is a group, not individuals.
It's Ghirahim. :troll:
You are right. It is Ghirahim. He promised us that if we get 5 members, Ghirahim won't be playable, and instead, we'll get Ridley. ;) :troll: :grin:

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Didn't Pac-Man join the Mario Kart scene in that one game?

EDIT: Here it is

Would not be shocked if it came true for Smash 4 too
Pac-Man has joined Mario 3 times in the Mario Kart GP Series i think hes all ready in just have to wait for him to be confirmed.

Mario Kart Arcade GP
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Kart_Arcade_GP

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm just looking forward to taking a picture of a Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, and Pac-Man match and sending it to SmashChu. :troll:
I'll send one too! :troll:
Ha! Disjointed? And two people who don't even post in the same threads with one considering leaving the Moonknights aren't? :p
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you, I was too busy taking over SmashBoards.
IPlus we call each other *****, and we make fun of the characters the other supports. There's no way we're going to betray each other. :awesome:
You hear that Holder, she said Ghirahim sucks, and he's going to never return!!!
IPlus we have four members, but if you're unaware of the other two, best to keep them secret for now. Mwuahaha. :demon:
You mean your two worthless minions. Their 15 post count doesn't scare me.
IAnd my partner doesn't need to pull off heels, he can just hold mine, that's his specialty anyway.
I always knew you were the corrupt leader and Holder was merely the holder of your throne.
Add in Snake, and it's pretty freaking epic.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hey Johnknight, N3ON and Holder of the Heel, could you, um... take this bizarre conversation elsewhere? All this quoting, all this MOONKNIGHT stuff, kinda getting in the way of discussion. Thanks.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I guess I'm the only person hoping that Miis have a really generic moveset rather than taking moves from the Wii series of games. The whole point of Miis is that the only thing unique about them is their face. I don't want to play as... I don't know... the governator, throwing a baseball or a frisbee.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Hey Johnknight, N3ON and Holder of the Heel, could you, um... take this bizarre conversation elsewhere? All this quoting, all this MOONKNIGHT stuff, kinda getting in the way of discussion. Thanks.

How does it obstruct you?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The MOONKNIGHTS obstructs nothing but evil!

On Topic: I have a feeling Pac-man's moves are going to be tailored to his new game coming out. (which looks like trash). But I like his new design.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I agree with you except for one thing: I'm freaking HYPED UP about that new Pacman game. (I am PACack, you see :p)
I was more of a fan of Pac-man World 1 & 2 (We will not speak about Pac-man World 3). Based off the trailer it looks like a step down from that quality of platforming

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I was more of a fan of Pac-man World 1 & 2 (We will not speak about Pac-man World 3). Based off the trailer it looks like a step down from that quality of platforming
I can semi-agree. My first game ever was actually Pac-man World 2 and I personally consider that one to be the best of the series...and, no, I won't mention Pac-man World 3...but I don't think we've seen enough of that game to judge it get. One thing that just crossed my mind, though, was this: since that game is still apparently rather early in development, it might be possible that none of his moves come from it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I can semi-agree. My first game ever was actually Pac-man World 2 and I personally consider that one to be the best of the series...and, no, I won't mention Pac-man World 3...but I don't think we've seen enough of that game to judge it get. One thing that just crossed my mind, though, was this: since that game is still apparently rather early in development, it might be possible that none of his moves come from it.
And I do I agree, I think should hold off on making an opinion until i have seen more of the game.
This is true, but then again Villager was placed in the game based off of his New Leaf design and that game came out last week

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
And I do I agree, I think should hold off on making an opinion until i have seen more of the game.
This is true, but then again Villager was placed in the game based off of his New Leaf design and that game came out last week
And his stage is the one from LGttC, and his moves from previous installments, as they don't really get much different in other games. Keep in mind, it's easier to change a model slightly...though, come to think of it, I think that this model was available in past games, but I would need to check.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Really? Pretty sure your villager could look exactly the way Smash 4's does in OG AC on the GCN.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Really? Pretty sure your villager could look exactly the way Smash 4's does in OG AC on the GCN.
Maybe it's because the New Leaf is still fresh in my mind, but that may be the case

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm pretty sure that it was just a really good prediction, because the guy said it was unlikely anyways.

at least I hope so. I don't want pac-man AT ALL.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
My reasons for hating the ideas of Miis are as follows:
-As a player avatar, it's not a distinctive character
-If it is fully customizable, it will be very hard to balance due to changing size and I'll have to fight five thousand Narutos and ****-face Miis online
-If it's not fully customizable, there's no real reason to include it since that's the whole reason for Miis to exist
-Its incredibly low-detail model looks great in games designed around it but will look terrible next to normal characters (my biggest problem with the idea)
-We already have one rep for modern, casual Nintendo games

I can certainly recognize why others might want them, of course. Just my 2c.

Sakurai will of course come up with a brilliant moveset no matter who the character is.

Quite possibly, though I'm loathe to admit it.

I'm going to assume there will be a "default" Mii for players who don't have the Mii in the system. I bet that tournament rules will simply restrict you to "No custom Mii, default only".

Otherwise, Oddjob Mii here we come!

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I'm hoping both Pacman and Mii DON'T make it into the cut.

I'll be honest here, there is only one reason I don't want Pacman in, I hate Pacman, the new one anyway, he's nothing more that a yellow abomination with a big mouth and an egotistical peronality. In fact, he's pretty mcuh what I envision when I think about the mutated charcter in the novel "I have no mouth, but I must sream"

Mii's however, have more legit reasons not to be included. For starters, in a game like Smash, which is breeming with personality, Mii's are hoolow, persoanlity-less, analogs of peoples faces (and poor ones at that), besides haeing a changable coloured T-shirt, there really is nothing unique about these guys, putting them in would simply be a wasted oppurtunity spedning time on a more unique and wanted character in game.

The second reason is that we already have villager, who dispite his psychotic tendencies, is basically a much more fleshed out, 3-D (both metaphically and litteraly) version of Mii anyway, so why would you waste so much effort developing a second rate Villager?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
How is it a red flag he publicly posted what he knew after he received confirmation that the information he was given was correct? Sal posted the characters hours before the trailer was even shown. His post is evidence that he knew about those characters before the trailer was shown. He took the responsible route and did not post unverified rumors on his website before there was some kind of indication that the information he had was true. The trailers confirmed that, and so he wrote his article.
Because he only said "Look guys, I have a source" after the reveal. You never have to verify rumors. All the time, sites will out up "RUMOR: Blah blah blah." so why do you need to "Verify the source." You could have just posted "A source is telling me X, X and X are in. I'm not sure the validity of the claim." It's odd that he doesn't do that until after.

How in the world is Wii Fit Trainer and Villager a lucky guess? For the past four years we thought Villager was an impossibility because Sakurai outright said he wouldn't work, and whatever Animal Crossing character did get mentioned now and then was relegated to Tom Nook or the occasional K.K. Slide; stop acting like this should have been obvious to us all, because it wasn't. And there was no guessing Wii Fit Trainer. If she wasn't even in the Super Smash Bros Roster maker which has crap like the Flipnote Frog and Kururin, do you really think he just sat there scouring the internet to try and come up with something? But to be quite honest your last statements about Mii and Pac-Man really tell me a lot of what I need to know about your position.
Consider you were making random picks that were unlikely. You'd likely look for characters that couldn't happen or characters from odd ball games (like Wii Fit). Given, he did get the names right.

So that's why it's untrue, because Pac-Man doesn't fit your narrative of which characters are deserving.
Ever heard of the Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility? It says that each time you do something (or whatever) that it provides less utility/pleasure each time. If you eat ice cream, you like it. Eat it again, and you'll like it less. And and again and again. Eventually, you'll throw up which is negative utility. Basically, there is a breaking point. Megaman doesn't seem to be generating the same hype that Sonic and Snake did. There seems to be more discussion of Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. Look at polls and you'll see Pac-Man doesn't do that great and he is usually more expected than wanted. For a character that is suppose to be special, that isn't good. Megaman is a character had a lot of people want him and a lot of stuff to use. Pac-Mac doesn't. Heck, Namco has struggled to make him relevant and the whole retcon hasn't worked at all.
EDIT:You can see why people don't want Pac-Man by the responses in the thread.

You seem kind of upset about this.

Seeing how theres a Boxing stage in smash 4 its safe to say that Little Mac is confirmed for smash 4.

I was hoping someone would do this.

Spire

III
BRoomer
^ Very good point. While I'm happy that Mega Man is in because of what he represents, I probably wouldn't have chosen him had I been in Sakurai's seat. Had I, it would have been for political reasons, not for personal interest. I truly think there's only one other 3rd Party character out there that could carry the same kind of weight Sonic brought to the table—Cloud Strife. But we all know that'll never happen. Also, Cloud's reputation has waned over the past decade, as Advent Children and the expanded FF7 universe kinda killed his character... though that's not to say Sonic hasn't seen dark days either. Sonic carried a popularity founded in supreme rivalry from the SNES/Genesis days with Mario. As such, an aura of impossibility has surrounded their cooperation for years—and while Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games technically broke that rivalry (not really), Brawl really brought it to light and proved to millions of people that such a thing could happen.

There's literally no other character out there like that, because Mega Man was never a rival of Mario—he appeared on the same systems.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I will be here to laugh at everyone when this rumor proves false.
And if it's true I will sob silently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom