• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All newcomers were leaked along Little Mac, Pac Man and the Miis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
But still, the lighting on them is the same, and the position on the body is the same (although obviously the Miis in Wii Sports don't have arms).

The gloves are stylized like the Wii Sports ones. Also, even if that' true, where does the bowling ball come from=??? Because I specifically remember Wii Sports having bowling balls. Unless that's from some old NES game from Animal Crossing, that pretty much confirms the boxing gloves are from Wii Sports. However, that doesn't mean the boxing gloves and boxing punches aren't inspired by Punch-Out, of course.

NES Games are in-game games that appear in Animal Forest, Dōbutsu no Mori +, Animal Crossing, and Animal Forest e+. They are games that appeared on the Nintendo Entertainment System and can be played just as if they were the original. Some can be won at Tom Nook's lottery, while others are obtained as promotional items from a special memory card in certain Animal Crossing gamer. Nintendo e-Reader cards also have a few NES games available for Animal Crossing.
  1. Balloon Fight*
  2. Clu Clu Land*
  3. Donkey Kong*
  4. Donkey Kong Jr. Math*
  5. Excitebike
  6. Golf*
  7. Pinball*
  8. Tennis*
Two games are obtained from the island:
  1. Wario's Woods
  2. Baseball
Five games are obtained from Nintendo's giveaways:
  1. Soccer
  2. Donkey Kong Jr.
  3. Donkey Kong 3
  4. Clu Clu Land D
  5. Punch-Out!!

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/NES_Games

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I guess you're right about that. I don't know, it's just not how I envisioned the franchise to continue after the likes of Melee (which I would argue Pichu is worse than ROB and Pit combined). Maybe I'm just sour because I'm not a 3rd party fanatic. Hahaha.
Hehehe the Pichu Hate in this one is strong.

Zade

Demon Blue
Mii? Pacman? Those 2 would be very upsetting. I guess I can understand Lil Mac but I don't like him either. I already think Wii Fit Girl is a complete waste of a slot. These rumours sounds very credible though sadly.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Rosalina Support
Knew all that (HACKS!!!), but thanks for the list anyways! ;)

At least you didn't own me like N3ON did! :chuckle:
No, not 3 sources, just 2.

Sal Romano = Gematsu, something this entire thread missed.
Post-event we have 3, beforehand we had 2. So we're both right. :p Sound like a deal=??? ;)
I guess you're right about that. I don't know, it's just not how I envisioned the franchise to continue after the likes of Melee (which I would argue Pichu is worse than ROB and Pit combined). Maybe I'm just sour because I'm not a 3rd party fanatic. Hahaha.
Yeah, ROB and Pit both had tons of potential for great movesets, but were letdowns IMO. Pichu was a late cheap add-on, so no one had any hopes for it anyways! :laugh: As for Snake, yeah, that's kinda true, although Metroid doesn't really have full on torture scenes. Well, it's kinda had them, but not to MGS3 "lose an eye" extent; more like possession and death. Then again, that scene had Big Boss, not Snake. All Snake got was his faced burnt and electric torture.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I love all the new characters, I hope every new character gets a trailer. I will watch Little Mac and Pac-Man's over and over.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
@ Rosalina Support
Knew all that (HACKS!!!), but thanks for the list anyways! ;)

At least you didn't own me like N3ON did! :chuckle:

Post-event we have 3, beforehand we had 2. So we're both right. :p Sound like a deal=??? ;)

Yeah, ROB and Pit both had tons of potential for great movesets, but were letdowns IMO. Pichu was a late cheap add-on, so no one had any hopes for it anyways! :laugh: As for Snake, yeah, that's kinda true, although Metroid doesn't really have full on torture scenes. Well, it's kinda had them, but not to MGS3 "lose an eye" extent; more like possession and death. Then again, that scene had Big Boss, not Snake. All Snake got was his faced burnt and electric torture.

Lol i didin't know about them :laugh:,your welcome. :chuckle:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
If Nintendo is announcing more characters today, we should be hearing something about it before too long. They'll need to let press know beforehand in order to gather an audience.

I wouldn't be surprised if they save a reveal trailer for the very end of E3, which given that it's around 930AM in California right now, would be in what? Eight hours?

That's probably not /all/ the newcomers.
It's certainly not all the newcomers.

D

Deleted member

I can't even imagine a Pac Man moveset.

Every time I try to close my eyes an imagine one, I see a pixelated blob of mustard eating white dots.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

Every time I try to close my eyes an imagine one, I see a pixelated blob of mustard eating white dots.
I'd kinda hope that his Final Smash turns everyone into 2D head sprites and he gets to chase them around in a maze, with eating somebody KO'ing them.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'd kinda hope that his Final Smash turns everyone into 2D head sprites and he gets to chase them around in a maze, with eating somebody KO'ing them.
No doubt that would be jokes and sick.

tbh i havent even given my view on him im nuteral i dont mind if Pac gets in i wouldnt be upset but Mii is a massive No no.

It is worrying for other popular chars though might not be a seat left for them in the Smash stadium....

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lol i didin't know about them :laugh:,your welcome. :chuckle:
What part didn't you know about=???

I could have said the same thing about Fox, Captain Falcon, Ness the Ice Climbers, Pit, ROB, Snake, etc. But hey, that's a big part of what makes smash special. As much as I dread the timing of the Wii Fit Trainer reveal, that's proof of that. Heck, the Villager and how Mega Man works is further proof of it, too.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
No doubt that would be jokes and sick.

tbh i havent even given my view on him im nuteral i dont mind if Pac gets in i wouldnt be upset but Mii is a massive No no.

It is worrying for other popular chars though might not be a seat left for them in the Smash stadium....
Yeah, I'm OK with Pac-Man. I'd just hate Mii.

I'm sure Sakurai will come up with a great moveset for any character no matter what.

I wouldn't worry. If we get 6 reveals now there are probably at least 10-12 more in store for us.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Not gonna lie, after N3ON owned me in Animal Crossing knowledge, I kinda sorta want the Mii again, but I'm still against him. CURSE YOU N3ON FOR CONFUSERING ME AFTER OWNING ME!!!!
I wouldn't be surprised if they save a reveal trailer for the very end of E3, which given that it's around 930AM in California right now, would be in what? Eight hours?
It's not even 10 yet here in the Golden State with John the Great! :shades:
That's the best Final Smash idea I've ever heard since K. Rool fake dying and the credits coming down while he kills you! :laugh:

Please tell me you make movesets, and they are just as awesome as that Final Smash idea!!!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
That's the best Final Smash idea I've ever heard since K. Rool fake dying and the credits coming down while he kills you! :laugh:

Please tell me you make movesets, and they are just as awesome as that Final Smash idea!!!
Alas, no. I've messed around with one for Sami but that's about it.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Anyone able to tell me if the Wii U does real DLC?

Characters could be added on top of these in the long run.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
D

Deleted member

I honestly don't mind Pac Man, but I must say I wasn't really hyped when I saw the trailers for the new chars. I'm still on the fence about this wii fit trainer, but at least we got another female character.

On that note, it's not looking too good in the villain department. King K Rool, and Fawful plz get an invitation too...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anyone able to tell me if the Wii U does real DLC?

Characters could be added on top of these in the long run.
The Wii did real DLC, but yes, the Wii U and 3DS are able to do DLC. And no, I doubt we'll get any characters, other than unfinished characters or possible exclusive characters for one game (although they could be transferred via a 3DS smash to a Wii U Smash link).

The same (DLC or linked exchange) is possibly true with exclusive stages (which Sakurai confirmed). God knows I hope so (plus past stages as well). I'd seriously shell out $200 easy for all the past smash stages, no joke.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Having to play as the Mii Character would be a wonderful asset to the game. Imagine playing as yourself online against other players. Their movesets would be unique, and there are so many endless possibilities of what you can do with the Mii character.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd much rather have Pac-Man than Mii or WFT - and especially both (even though I'm pretty apathetic towards Pac-Man), though I acknowledge all of this is pretty subjective. Pac-Man totally makes sense as the Namco character, people should've seen this possibility coming for a while now, no point in bemoaning it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Not gonna lie, after N3ON owned me in Animal Crossing knowledge, I kinda sorta want the Mii again, but I'm still against him. CURSE YOU N3ON FOR CONFUSERING ME AFTER OWNING ME!!!!
Just Neon Heels doin what Neon Heels does. :smirk:

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm actually really excited for the prospect of characters getting cut. While most people wouldn't want to see anyone go, I do. I enjoy the idea of sacrifice, so long as the place-taker is inventive enough. I've grown out of my fandom for the most part, but the characters I do want to see the most are as follows (paired with who I'd cut for their inclusion):
  • Impa (Sheik)
  • Medusa
  • Mewtwo (Lucario)
  • Waluigi
  • Ridley
  • Black Mage
The other four could be replaced by cutting any four of the following: Lucas, Ike, Toon Link, Falco, Wolf, Jigglypuff, Sonic, Snake, and if Melee veterans count—all but Mewtwo can stay out of Smash 4. In my world, there's no room for Roy, Pichu, Dr. Mario, or Young Link.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Having to play as the Mii Character would be a wonderful asset to the game. Imagine playing as yourself online against other players. Their movesets would be unique, and there are so many endless possibilities of what you can do with the Mii character.
But I don't want to play as myself, and I don't want to play against the virtual avatar of other gamers or Original the Character #327378237. I want to play as and against Nintendo characters.

If Mii is in, I hope he's not fully customizable. At the very least they'll have to lock the height.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
*reads someone wants Impa replacing Sheik just as a texture change*
*realizes this is anti-Sakurai logic*
*waits for Diddy to kill this thread*
Just Neon Heels doin what Neon Heels does. :smirk:
Too bad Animal Crossing debates don't matter for you, because you ain't getting another new character (sorry IGN saying Tom Nook will be a secret character).

Also, it's to bad about my other half of the leaders of THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT took your belt, and it's too bad I'm the Ridley World Champ! :shades:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Have you guys considered that Villager's red balloons, hat, and gloves might be because with the red shirt, that is simply the red costume? How much you wanna bet the blue and green Villager costumes will have matching color accessories as well? As such, I don't think the color of his accessories matters at ALL. It's what the accessories represent: balloons, Balloon Fight, boxing gloves, Punch-Out.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Too bad Animal Crossing debates don't matter for you, because you ain't getting another new character (sorry IGN saying Tom Nook will be a secret character).
...I'm not Oasis or Kuma, I don't care about AC in Smash. I'm perfectly satisfied with just the Villager.

And like I keep saying, IGN are fools. Their Smash opinion became invalid two years ago when they suggested Cloud make it in over Wario and G&W. They thought we were going to get handfuls of Namco characters. They are fools.

Also, it's to bad about my other half of the leaders of THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT took your belt, and it's too bad I'm the Ridley World Champ! :shades:
I'm so jealous of your ability to make up arbitrary titles, because clearly you are the only one that can do that. :troll:

I wish you had had to shave your head... :awesome::laugh:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I highly doubt there are going to be a lot of cuts, and if there are I expect them to be the two guests and potentially Wolf. I don't understand how it is that people think that keeping the roster we have and getting roughly around the same newcomers as past two games is an either/or situation, especially in an age where Nintendo has discovered the value of downloadable content. I get Sakurai said he didn't want to just add more characters and call it a day, but what he said is open for a lot more interpretation than what the general public has latched on to. Unless Sakurai outright says he is going to remove some characters like he did in the days following Brawl's E3 reveal I'd just chill for now. Sakurai's comments are easily misinterpreted (see the ongoing debate of version exclusive characters) and are always subject to change on his personal whim (Villager).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
But still, the lighting on them is the same, and the position on the body is the same (although obviously the Miis in Wii Sports don't have arms).

The gloves are stylized like the Wii Sports ones. Also, even if that' true, where does the bowling ball come from=??? Because I specifically remember Wii Sports having bowling balls. Unless that's from some old NES game from Animal Crossing, that pretty much confirms the boxing gloves are from Wii Sports. However, that doesn't mean the boxing gloves and boxing punches aren't inspired by Punch-Out, of course.
The lighting? Hmm... IDK if that has anything to do with the design of the gloves.

I'm pretty sure it his glove design is heavily influenced, if not the same as the Punch Out!! Wii game. They even have the seams running along the same areas in the Punch Out!! gloves. The Wii Sports gloves have seems running inside the palms rather than the sides like these (Link). I'm not seeing any Wii Sports Boxing elements at all in the Villagers glove design when you really look at them.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...I'm not Oasis or Kuma, I don't care about AC in Smash. I'm perfectly satisfied with just the Villager.
Kuma knows AC=??? :eek:
And like I keep saying, IGN are fools. Their Smash opinion became invalid two years ago when they suggested Cloud make it in over Wario and G&W. They thought we were going to get handfuls of Namco characters. They are fools.
Who the heck wants Cloud anyways=??? He's just an emo version of Terra, and his game is super overrated IMO, and Cloud is an awful character, too.
I'm so jealous of your ability to make up arbitrary titles, because clearly you are the only one that can do that. :troll:
You mean a title that proves that I am the champ, AND I AM THE BEST!!! I AM THE POUND FOR POUND QUEEN, so don't be naive!
I wish you had had to shave your head... :awesome::laugh:
I do too. :sadeyes:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Kuma knows AC=??? :eek:
Dunno, but he wanted Nook a whole lot more than the Villager. :p
Who the heck wants Cloud anyways=??? He's just an emo version of Terra, and his game is super overrated IMO, and Cloud is an awful character, too.
IGN are fools.
You mean a title that proves that I am the champ, AND I AM THE BEST!!! I AM THE POUND FOR POUND QUEEN, so don't be naive!
From now on I think I'm going to call you the Pound for Pound Queen. :laugh:
I do too. :sadeyes:
It's never too late. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom